Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Builds: Favorites, most common and overused. (Read 37696 times)
strawberrybacon
Waterworks Kobold

KrazyKats

Re: Builds: Favorites, most common and overused.
Reply #75 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
TDarkchylde wrote on Dec 9th, 2011 at 2:36am:
What I try to look for in a build is survivability and versatility. Flat-out DPS builds like 20 Barbs or 18 Fighter Kensai/2 of anything else? Boring.

Give me a DoS Paladin who can keep herself up while the healer's stunned in ToD or the 20 Cleric who can go in and pound on Velah when she runs out of SP. Give me the 16/2/2 Sorc/Paladin/Monk DoT tank who is almost impossible to kill, yet has enough past lives banked up to still CC something in a pinch. Hell, give me a Wisdom-based 20 Monk that can stun almost everything in the game and never gets hit unless the difficulty is set to "Epic."

I'll even go with my 20 Barb who gives up a little DPS in trade for being able to be kept upright by a Ranger.

Those types of builds are my favorites. Others can have their full-retard DPS - I'll save the raid when they die.

Yeah that sounds neat. I've been playing for what seems like a really long time and I, too, value survivability. Noone wants to be held and carried thru quests constantly. It's like cheat mode on your video games. Haha. But it was very tough with the first life wizzy. She has, since, gotten far better after the tr'ing. I just absolutely love playing casters tho. Clerics, Fvs, wizards. I have yet to get into sorcs but I see how badass they are.

I did a full life of barbarian and I agree, it was kinda boring. I spent a ridic ammt of plat on heal pots, not because I didn't have a healer around but because i know it's saved my ass. And... she was also my 3rd toon, after seeing melee's on both my tr's. I figured, if I'm going to be amelee with this lady, she definately needs to have a backup. but the higher the lvl, those pots only go so far. End game, I just tr'd her into a fvs. Haha, figures right?

Worst part is, i got it in my head that it's going to be a "great" idea to go completionist. Oh gahd. I'll keep you updated on how that goes. haha.

Seriously tho. I do like versatility and survivability. I'm working on it for sure. But that's all you can do. Those things come with experiance.

The point I had with this thread was to see what kind of builds people like to play. What's their favorite? So far i've only played 1life barb, 1 life melee fvs, then I had a cleric, and she went evoker fvs, and a 2lifewizard. So, i havent necessarily had a ton of experiance with all the other builds. but of those 4 classes, and 5 different paths i did, I personally love playing my caster. So fun.

with all the experiance I have, which, of course is not nearly as much experiance playing as some people, I figured I could try a build from a forum, which I did, and change it to my own, sorta.. which i did. And it's fun.

again, I'll say.. evasion is awesome. Haha.. but, it's going to take some getting used to. it's not a caster. it has a paladin splash in there so I get a lay on hands but... whenever I see someone half dead I still get the urge to press A, (massheal on my hotbar) or whatevr spell is appropriate for the caster situation. Silly isn't it? Maybe I'm just a caster as heart.

Anyway, I'm trying out new things to see how I like it. So far, it's been fun. After all, this IS a video game.

I'd like to know how other people feel about playing certain classes. I used to have a guildie that refused to ever make a healer ever ever. I found this silly. Haha. Do you have a healer? What's your favorite toon to play on, what race/class is it?  Just a curious kitty...

Meow

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Why does your signature make me stop and stare at it for 5 minutes?

It's pretty amazeballs, I must agree.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
strawberrybacon wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 4:18pm:
Yeah that sounds neat. I've been playing for what seems like a really long time and I, too, value survivability. Noone wants to be held and carried thru quests constantly. It's like cheat mode on your video games. Haha. But it was very tough with the first life wizzy. She has, since, gotten far better after the tr'ing. I just absolutely love playing casters tho. Clerics, Fvs, wizards. I have yet to get into sorcs but I see how badass they are.

I did a full life of barbarian and I agree, it was kinda boring. I spent a ridic ammt of plat on heal pots, not because I didn't have a healer around but because i know it's saved my ass. And... she was also my 3rd toon, after seeing melee's on both my tr's. I figured, if I'm going to be amelee with this lady, she definately needs to have a backup. but the higher the lvl, those pots only go so far. End game, I just tr'd her into a fvs. Haha, figures right?

Worst part is, i got it in my head that it's going to be a "great" idea to go completionist. Oh gahd. I'll keep you updated on how that goes. haha.

Seriously tho. I do like versatility and survivability. I'm working on it for sure. But that's all you can do. Those things come with experiance.

The point I had with this thread was to see what kind of builds people like to play. What's their favorite? So far i've only played 1life barb, 1 life melee fvs, then I had a cleric, and she went evoker fvs, and a 2lifewizard. So, i havent necessarily had a ton of experiance with all the other builds. but of those 4 classes, and 5 different paths i did, I personally love playing my caster. So fun.

with all the experiance I have, which, of course is not nearly as much experiance playing as some people, I figured I could try a build from a forum, which I did, and change it to my own, sorta.. which i did. And it's fun.

again, I'll say.. evasion is awesome. Haha.. but, it's going to take some getting used to. it's not a caster. it has a paladin splash in there so I get a lay on hands but... whenever I see someone half dead I still get the urge to press A, (massheal on my hotbar) or whatevr spell is appropriate for the caster situation. Silly isn't it? Maybe I'm just a caster as heart.

Anyway, I'm trying out new things to see how I like it. So far, it's been fun. After all, this IS a video game.

I'd like to know how other people feel about playing certain classes. I used to have a guildie that refused to ever make a healer ever ever. I found this silly. Haha. Do you have a healer? What's your favorite toon to play on, what race/class is it?  Just a curious kitty...

Meow

Your writing makes my eyes bleed. Also, grow the fuck up.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 6:39pm:

You're so mean! 

Meow.  Sad

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #79 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 6:47pm
Print Post  

She doesn't type like enough to have big boobs, so I ain't reading that trash.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

strawberrybacon
Waterworks Kobold

KrazyKats

Reply #80 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 6:44pm:
You're so mean! 

Meow.  Sad 

Lol Don't worry Oakianus,,, women like her.. who see a picture of girls like me.. often react with a similar fashion.

I could be the nicest person in the world (which i'm not), I could be the sweetest person in the world (which I'm not), I could cure cancer, (which i really wish I could), and still.. women like this, they project their own insecurities onto other people whether real or imagined.
I've seen her posts, I've read some of her comments. Ther'es nothing interesting there. theres nothing more intelligent than the rest of us.
Actually, I find it amusing that she mostly comments on people grammar. if anything she's a grammar nazi, and I'll give her that...... it's fucking obnoxious to see someoens run on sentence. Sure.

Other then that... It's clear, she's a sad old woman.. used up and washed out. and ... lets face it.. when we give people like that the time of day.. it makes them feel more powerful.

Heres' to you "grace" gl, in life, apparently you need it, more than I do.

(feel free to correct my grammar as i'm having way to much fun and not sitting at my computer being a hater.)

thank you. Thanks. thank you Grin

IP Logged

strawberrybacon
Waterworks Kobold

KrazyKats

Reply #81 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 6:33pm:
It's pretty amazeballs, I must agree.

I agree. and.... grrrrr

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #82 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Older woman don't need to be trained.  Just saying.  Sometimes, they can even teach you a new trick.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
lmao yes, I'm so very jealous of your fake picture. Because, you know, I am indeed so insecure that I focus on things like that anyway.

Jesus you are a fucking moron. And Oak wasn't actually yelling at me, for the record. That went right over your head.

she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #84 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
strawberrybacon wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 6:54pm:
Ther'es nothing interesting here.

You don't give yourself enough credit.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #85 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 5:49am
Print Post  
Quote:
Why does your signature make me stop and stare at it for 5 minutes?

Because the little guy just looks so goddamn happy

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #86 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 6:24am
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Dec 11th, 2011 at 5:49am:
Because the little guy just looks so goddamn happy

There should be more of them. He needs friends.

Kinda like SBB up there.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 8:10am
Print Post  
strawberrybacon wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 6:54pm:
Lol Don't worry Oakianus,,, women like her.. who see a picture of girls like me.. often react with a similar fashion.

Holy shit, the degree to which you missed the point of me mocking your stupid "Meow, tee hee" bullshit is really fucking epic in this post.  I'm almost impressed.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
It's okay, it's just that I'm jealous. After all, I only look like this:

Seriously. That's totally me, you guys. After all, I posted it on the internet. Teh interwebz don't lie.

she's Kmack's property

Quote:

IP Logged

ZeroBoost
Titan Demolisher

res ipsa loquitur

Reply #89 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Dec 11th, 2011 at 1:22pm:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-caAa_95f8HE/Tiw5gSyIdvI/AAAAAAAAFI8/0g2wdMTp4sw/s1600/...

Seriously. That's totally me, you guys. After all, I posted it on the internet. Teh interwebz don't lie.

Claiming to be Angelina Jolie is less likely to be true than claiming to be someone named Aurora from Massachusetts.
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2011 at 3:19pm by ZeroBoost »  

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #90 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
ZeroBoost wrote on Dec 11th, 2011 at 3:18pm:
Claiming to be Angelina Jolie is less likely to be true than claiming to be someone named Aurora from Massachusetts.

No, it's true.  I saw the picture that Grace posted.

fnord

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
ZeroBoost wrote on Dec 11th, 2011 at 3:18pm:

She's posted pics repeatedly of the same girl, and many including her have confirmed that's not her. Then she claimed I was jealous of her pic, or as best I can tell that's what she claimed. (It's hard to figure out from her utterly butchered English.) Hence, the Angelina pic.

she's Kmack's property

Quote:

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #92 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
There should be more of them. He needs friends.

Kinda like SBB up there.

IP Logged

Dragonne
Waterworks Kobold

I <3 Drama!

Reply #94 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
hm.. maybe its just the painkillers i'm on for my back and neck in this rainy rainy weather but I just spent 5 solid minutes Grin at the turtles.

green chibi turtles happy hippity hop skip. lol. much love.

Does a dyslexic, agnostic insomniac stay up all night contemplating the existence of a dog?

IP Logged

ZeroBoost
Titan Demolisher

res ipsa loquitur

Reply #95 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Dec 11th, 2011 at 3:31pm:
She's posted pics repeatedly of the same girl, and many including her have confirmed that's not her. Then she claimed I was jealous of her pic, or as best I can tell that's what she claimed. (It's hard to figure out from her utterly butchered English.) Hence, the Angelina pic.

Ah.. I didn't know the part about her confirming that the pic is not of her.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #96 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
ZeroBoost wrote on Dec 11th, 2011 at 7:26pm:
Ah.. I didn't know the part about her confirming that the pic is not of her.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1316645689/323#323

I'd lost track of the thread after that, but apparently it really was her and she was just joking? 

Regardless, it's kinda sad.  Sad

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #97 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 9:04am
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Dec 11th, 2011 at 1:22pm:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-caAa_95f8HE/Tiw5gSyIdvI/AAAAAAAAFI8/0g2wdMTp4sw/s1600/...

Are you fucking retarded?

Learn to spell, is it so fucking hard to type "internet" instead of using slang like "interwebz" or are u just a lazy bitch?

I wont even mention "Teh".

Cheesy
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2011 at 9:07am by Silky »  

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #98 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 12:25pm
Print Post  

What's wrong with stream of (un)conscious writing? Tongue
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2011 at 5:38pm by »  

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #99 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 9:04am:
Are you fucking retarded?

Learn to spell, is it so fucking hard to type "internet" instead of using slang like "interwebz" or are u just a lazy bitch?

I wont even mention "Teh".

Cheesy

So you're not only a moron, but you're bad at sarcasm? 

Interesting.

...but not that interesting.  Sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Send TopicPrint