Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Updating my Warforged Pure Bard (Read 1737 times)
Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Updating my Warforged Pure Bard
Dec 7th, 2011 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Rokkum Sokkum

I have tons of TR projects going on right now so I simply don't have the time to put in TR'ing this guy.  So what I have to work with is a 32-point level 20 warforged bard, a lesser heart I just won from a lottery, and the following notable gear:  Min2 Helm, +6 cha skills raise dead clicky goggles, Min2 GAxe, Impact Rahl's Might, Terror, Unsuppressed Quorforged Docent, I can make an Epic Blademark's but I can't fully slot it yet (have the tokens for 1 gem).  Madstone Boots, HoGF, T3 gloves from cove, and epic cloak from Mabar round out the decent gear.  I'm also a shard away from an epic Elyd's.  I'm willing to farm a bit but again, this is a 3rd toon so it doesn't get much love.

Right now this toon is max str/18 con/12 cha.  I'm open to going max charisma (had it in the past) but I'm not sure I see the benefit on a first-life warforged (the dc's just aren't there).  His current feat layout is THF line, PA, Toughness, Extend (non-negotiable), and WF: Slashing.  I like those feats but feel like I should be providing more.  The dps isn't good enough to justify taking THF line over more utility and being locked into the Min2 because of no iCrit is a bummer...especially when Terror is doing what it's doing right now.

So my first thought for rebuilding is to drop the entire THF line and go iCrit: Slash, Improved Sunder, and then Augment Summoning until I'm tired of Hound/Stunning Blow after that.  I've got a t1 maul from the cove and can go t3 next time the cove's back and might even do some LoB eventually (could get a stunning +10 from there as well).  I'd then play the toon as a fully functioning Warchanter bard that also happens to have epic-usable crowd control options (using trip/stunning blow to target weak saves and Imp Sunder to lower boss fort/fort saves).

Interested in feedback/thoughts.  Again, I'd like to get the most out of what I have here.  If they fixed spellsinger to work on WF'd I'd definitely consider that route if just for helping sp conservation on LoB raid.  As they seem determined not to do that though I'm thinking max-str, tactics, and warchanter is the best way to get the most out of a pure forged bard.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: Updating my Warforged Pure Bard
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Def go Max STR instead of Max CHA. I'd also stay away from the THF line as the glancing blows generated from those feats won't be enough to justify them.

If you decide to go tactics, Improved Sunder is a good choice. Stunning Blow seems to be somewhat of a waste because you won't have access to the Fighter tactics enhancements (WF doesn't grant a similar line right?) but Improved trip would be nice as the EPIC Blademark Docent grants that +15 Vertigo boost.

As far as items go, check out the Magewright's Cloak and the EPIC Shimmering Pendant. With them, you can get your Perform WAY up and Diplomacy almost as high.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2011 at 1:30pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Warforged and dwarves both actually get a 2/4/6 ap line for +1 to all tactics (ie 2ap = +1 to trip, sunder, AND stunning blow/fist).  I figure that between that, the +5 exceptional to all tactics from spare hand from the new challenges, a +10 item, and a high str I should be able to eak out an epic-usable score in all 3 tactics.  Especially if I use improved sunder before each stun attempt (3 point debuff to fort save as long as you make contact). 

Nice thing is that with a couple pieces of gear (love the suggestions you had there as well for getting perform up there) I can get this toon epic/end-game capable.  Could really use the HoX gloves for some healing amp though. That 0.65 he's rocking right now is  Embarrassed.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2011 at 3:23pm by Darkrok »  

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Trip with the epic blademark and 34ish STR on my FvS does pretty well.  Having
an extra CC option on him has helped a lot.

~40 stun works OK on most epic casters, will do so-so on other trash.  Improved
sunder is really nice on my monk, but with THF it is a little slower.  If you have
the feats though it is really nice for both raiding and epics.

The smoothest chains of flames I ran had a bard mezzing and we gang-banged
monsters stunned by a monk one-by-one.  Mixing both in a single character
sounds like it might be pretty neat.

Worst case scenario Fred swaps are easy to fund with a bard.   Tongue

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 10:21am
Print Post  
I couldn't see taking the Augment Summoning after I looked at the numbers.  32 base str (no exc. str yet) + 2 rage = +12 tactics.  With the Warforged Tactics that's a +15 to all DC's.  That gives a 35dc right now with a +10 item.  That's a bit light but non-terrible and I can buff it up by hitting the target with improved sunder first.

Once I get a +3str tome, +1/+2 exc., and the level 20 Spare Hand (T1 is all I'd need) that would push the Stun DC to 42 with a +10 item (40 with a nice crafted +8), Imp. Sunder to 46/44, and Trip to 47.  That's too close to really good from a gear perspective to take another feat, especially when the stun, even at 35, can be situationally useful.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #5 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Agree, Augment Summoning on a Bard is tough unless you're Human.

However, EPIC Roderic's Wand comes in mighty handy when charming the dogs in HoX!  Smiley

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
How much farming of those annoying 'challenges' will it take me to get a T1 Spare Hand?  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint