Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Two questions. (Read 4058 times)
JC
My Little Pony

Two questions.
Dec 7th, 2011 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
I think I might want to try playing again. Maybe the game will be less boring to me after I haven't played it in a while. But I got two three quick questions.

Is the the House C pack worth getting? And what exactly are challenges and are they worth my time?

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Re: Two questions.
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 12:35pm:
I think I might want to try playing again. Maybe the game will be less boring to me after I haven't played it in a while. But I got two three quick questions.

Is the the House C pack worth getting? And what exactly are challenges and are they worth my time?

The House C pack with the Lord of Blades and Master Artificer raids is worth getting as far as I'm concerned.

I regret purchasing the Challenge pack.

You can get into the challenges for free with the challenge tokens (5 per day on one character for Premium and 1 per day per alt after the first character).

fnord

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
I like the challenges, but the pack is way overpriced.  Use the free tokens, and buy the Universal tokens with TP and plat (currently at about 15k each on the Khyber AH).  If you have some time to kill, you can create a new account, get 5 favor on a first character on six servers (easy, but sadly you can't skip the Grotto for this), use the free TP to buy 25 tokens, and mail them to your real account.

About half the Challenges are Crystal Cove copies.  One is almost exactly the same, while another takes place inside a building, which unfortunately tends to confuse the Kobolds.  Another set is a more straightforward zerg through a mansion and kill bosses (my favorite one), while another has you set up and defend crystal extraction machines.

The gear you can get is pretty nice, but it is a bit grindy.

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
The challenges are somewhat ok.  I get burned out pretty quick though.  The problem is, you need like 6 runs of 3 different challenges to get the base you want.  That's if you're getting 100 per run, which isn't guaranteed.  Some runs you get more, some less.  I haven't ran them all, the only one I could steadily get 100+ on was shortcuts, and they've changed it now so invis doesn't work.

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #4 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
I just bought the Secrets of Arti Pack for 20% off.

I heard from people in-game (not on the official forums) that the Raid LOB is fun.  I haven't run it completely. 

I've ran the flagging quests and they are a big bag of meh.  Really really meh.  We even did elite with normal non-epic toons, I piked and still won. 
You can't do that on Devils of Shavarath Pack.  I enjoyed ToD pack more.

Edit: Oh you mean the new House C pack. Sorry, I misread...
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2011 at 1:04pm by arjiwan »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #5 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
I only did the challenges to exploit, not to run them correctly, so I have no idea how they play as they were intended.

But 1600 points for a pack of crystal cove clones is fucking bullshit, if you ask me.

I'm VIP because I'm lazy, or else I wouldn't have even bothered to exploit.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #6 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 1:03pm:
But 1600 points for a pack of crystal cove clones is fucking bullshit, if you ask me.

I'm VIP because I'm lazy, or else I wouldn't have even bothered to exploit.

This, on both account.

House C stuff is so so due to :

- yet another fucking crafting that has no relation with all the other crafting already in game with yet another heap of ingredients to collect.
- it takes 20 to 40 minutes just to reach the fucking raids, and that's running like headless chickens as a raid party. Even running to Titan looks interesting after a few time.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #7 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
There's no ponies, don't bother.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #8 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Right, don't buy challenge tokens just use the free ones I get. And weather or not I buy the pack will depend on weather or not my guildies are running it.

Calvet wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 1:44pm:
There's no ponies, don't bother.

There are ponies my friend. There be ponies.

Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #9 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
The LoB raid is one of my favorite raids in game because there is so much going on at once.  Once you learn the raid (should only take you 2-3 runs total), it's pretty cake, as far as I'm concerned.  I'm a fan of the alchemical weapons, but I only have them on my monk, so I may be a bit biased in that regard.

The challenges are meh, but the loot is half way decent.  Same grind as anything else really.  All about how bad you want it.

IP Logged

Nerdychaz
Waterworks Kobold

I was queer before the
ponies!

Reply #10 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
I just came out of the hibernation of mindlessly grinding my TR to 20, but what I have seen of the challenges, they are fun for a little bit, but quickly get boring.  Personally, I suggest just taking the daily tokens.  They don't expire, so you can stock up on them, but they will take up bank space.

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Definitely skip the challenge pack and buy the House C pack. The chaplenge pack is way too pricey for a pack of glorified minigames, and don't even try to PUG it. House C has Blown to Bits - the, dare I say it, BEST quest in which to grief your friends. Lots of fun.

IP Logged

dubyprime
Waterworks Kobold

Stainer scares me.

Reply #12 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 12:27am
Print Post  
Pack is too expensive as is now.  Half the items are questionable as to whether they work properly and what WAI actually means for some of them.  Due to bugs/exploits/Oops casting a lvl 2 spell is not a strategy we thought of/etc patches and changes are still being made. 

Lastly, puging these is a nightmare.  They require some coordination and communication.  Random pugs don't seem to know these at all so it becomes a PITA.

If you are running these with a solid group of friends/guildies who know how to play the game, it could be worth the outrageous price.
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2011 at 12:28am by dubyprime »  

IP Logged

Tommygunz
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
The Arty class is fun. Were yoou gone before the Horc/Helf release? Horcs are great DPS builds. Lots of new crafting....give it a try again.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #14 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
c pack is worth it but the challenge pack isnt

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #15 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
Tommygunz wrote on Dec 11th, 2011 at 12:00pm:
The Arty class is fun. Were yoou gone before the Horc/Helf release? Horcs are great DPS builds. Lots of new crafting....give it a try again.

I stopped playing a couple days after the update where artificers came live. Which was also the update when they fucked up the hp bars and pretty much everything was fucked up because of the huge number of new bugs. It was just the point where I said "Fuck it. This is more frustration than fun."

I've been saying fuck a lot lately. I think my brothers vulgarity is starting to rub off on me.

Edit:

P.S. Fuck the half bloods.
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2011 at 6:32am by JC »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 2:39am
Print Post  
Challenge pack has a lot of potential for XP grinding.  ~40k exp in ~10-15 minutes time if you can get a good group together.  Sadly, you can't, because there are hardly any groups for it, and those that are up are mostly grinding ingredients.

IP Logged

Deathdefy
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 3:56am
Print Post  
If you ever intend to buy a True Heart of Wood from the DDO store, get the Challenge pack instead.  Shortmanning (1 or 2) the epic CR21 challenges is the single fastest way to get epic tokens in the game bar none.  You're talking 17 minutes for on average 2 1/4 tokens.  There's a learning curve, but it's not too bad.

Pugging the challenges, however, will make you hate them more than Hold for Reinforcements.

IP Logged

Olrad
Dragon Raider

Reply #18 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 4:08am
Print Post  
Deathdefy wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 3:56am:
If you ever intend to buy a True Heart of Wood from the DDO store, get the Challenge pack instead.  Shortmanning (1 or 2) the epic CR21 challenges is the single fastest way to get epic tokens in the game bar none.  You're talking 17 minutes for on average 2 1/4 tokens.  There's a learning curve, but it's not too bad.

Pugging the challenges, however, will make you hate them more than Hold for Reinforcements.

Out of interest, which challenge are you running to get that many tokens in that amount of time? Somebody on the main forums was saying the return rate for the fire caves was pretty good but I've not had chance to give it a go yet.

IP Logged

Deathdefy
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Definitely Fire Caves.   They clearly should run all Quests through extensive balance testing before releasing anything with a name remotely similar to hot magma caverns.

Specifically, Colossal Crystals is very hard to do poorly on.  The lowest score I've got since learning the crest locations was 450 ingredients; and that was a bad outlier.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint