Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic STEAM GAMES (Read 923 times)
Blank_Zero
Ex Member

STEAM GAMES
Dec 8th, 2011 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
I know some of you hate it, but I'm really enjoying 2 games atm.

Terraria - 2D Minecraft. Fantastic game, just got hit with a MASSIVE update (1.1) and if it was working on my comp I'd be playing it right now.

Bastion - Really cool Action/Adventure game. Picked it up for $5 and am currently playing it. Narrarator is actually responsive to what's happening in the game as you play it, which is quite cool to me. solid gameplay so far too and a story that's really nice.

What else have you guys tried? (Other than Portal/Skyrim I mean.)

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: STEAM GAMES
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Dark spore - it's ridiculously repetitive, but the customization keeps me going back and loving it

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Space Empires V, strategy space game, nice to play as a PBEM (play by email).

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #3 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Played the demo for Bastion, and it was really fun.
I'd love to pick it up when I have some spare cash - but the holidays make that kinda scarce.  Smiley

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

Kannyaheals
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 10:50am
Print Post  
When I had a regular static group (before massive illness), we played exclusively on steam. The first one was Left 4 Dead 2...highly recommend that game to anyone who enjoys the genre. It was a great find, and I personally enjoy the fact that Steam updates their games automatically upon login.

We also played Sanctum. I was the weak link here, as my guys were ranked and I was das noob. But for a "defend the keep" sorta game, it was hella fun. We built our own mazes on the platforms for the baddies to worm through, then positioned artillery and ourselves atop the maze. Cheesy Lots of fun, a bit of a learning curve, though.

I also played a DnD game on there, don't remember the name exactly. But it was lame, in a fun, DnD way. Cheesy Lots of laughter and poking fun at the horrible animations and attacks.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Dec 9th, 2011 at 9:16am:
Played the demo for Bastion, and it was really fun.
I'd love to pick it up when I have some spare cash - but the holidays make that kinda scarce.  Smiley

I just finished it last night. 66% off the other day and I snatched it up.

Amazeballs game. There aren't any other words to describe it.

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #6 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
A fairly disturbing but addictively fun game is The Binding of Isaac.. but be warned that it *is* disturbing if you are of the Christian religion.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 3:52am
Print Post  
Civilization V...

Because they used that fucking Steam crap and I love Civ.

Installed, loaded steamshit, got hit by an update, waited the end of the update and put steamshit in offline mode. never connected again.

I hate things that fucking require you to be online to play a single player game, I hate things and game vendors that assume that you are a pirate and need to be tracked down, I hate game vendors that just barge in my house ( and computer ) to grab some statisticss about what I do and when I do it.

As such, when I play Civ, router is offline to be sure Steamshit don't send anything home, offline home might still call home. and steamcrap is not autostarted.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 3:52am:
Civilization V...

Because they used that fucking Steam crap and I love Civ.

Installed, loaded steamshit, got hit by an update, waited the end of the update and put steamshit in offline mode. never connected again.

I hate things that fucking require you to be online to play a single player game, I hate things and game vendors that assume that you are a pirate and need to be tracked down, I hate game vendors that just barge in my house ( and computer ) to grab some statisticss about what I do and when I do it.

As such, when I play Civ, router is offline to be sure Steamshit don't send anything home, offline home might still call home. and steamcrap is not autostarted.

Tell us how you really feel...

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #9 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Quote:
Tell us how you really feel...

Done !  read above.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Bahgoon
Stormreaver Piker

Get off my lawn!

Reply #10 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 11:48am
Print Post  
I found out Steam had Xcom - UFO Defense, so I bought that up. Found out that I just paid Steam $5 for a working DosBox config file.  Tongue

Oh, well, I haxxored things so I don't have to fire up Steam to play and am now happily plinking away at Sectoids again. Forgot how much of a time waster that game was.

Smiley

The various modes of worship which prevailed in the Roman world were all considered by the people as equally true; by the philosopher as equally false; and by the magistrate as equally useful.   - Edward Gibbon

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #11 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Dawn of War 1&2 - comletely different games, but the 40k Warhammer universe is very dark & interesting.
Godville & Retro Defense on my phone phonr
Godville is almost a 0 interaction game
Retro Defense is a castle defender game with a retro feel, very cool & addictive.

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #12 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
http://store.steampowered.com/app/102500/

the game I am waiting on.

The minds of New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston have combined to create Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

played the demo and loved the fable-ish feel of it.

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
rev Jim wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 1:22pm:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/102500/

the game I am waiting on.

The minds of New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston have combined to create Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

played the demo and loved the fable-ish feel of it.

Card battle? Or are tarot cards just a design theme?
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2012 at 2:00pm by »  

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #14 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:

It's an open world RPG.  I've been watching this one for a while as well.  This same group is working on a new MMO so this will be an interesting test drive.

http://38studios.com/products/copernicus

Edited:
Actually, it's more than a preview.  This game is being billed as a lead-in to the MMO to introduce the world and the lore.

« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2012 at 2:17pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #15 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:

think of them as different classes you get by leveling up your stats in certain areas

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #16 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Played the Amalur demo.  It's a pretty looking hack and slash RPG.  So basically if you took fable and stripped off the dynamic character appearance and all the funny bits as well.  The demo froze on me twice while I was trying to unlock the weapon for Mass Effect 3.  If it wasn't for EA pulling that tie-in shit I probably wouldn't have given it a second look.

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #17 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 2:10pm:
Played the Amalur demo.  It's a pretty looking hack and slash RPG.  So basically if you took fable and stripped off the dynamic character appearance and all the funny bits as well.  The demo froze on me twice while I was trying to unlock the weapon for Mass Effect 3.  If it wasn't for EA pulling that tie-in shit I probably wouldn't have given it a second look.

http://hothardware.com/News/Outrage-Over-Kingdoms-of-Amalur-Content-Lock-Brings-...

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #18 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
They can't make buying used games illegal so DLC like that is their only real way to siphon money out of the used game market.  I think it's a shitty business practice, but I completely understand why they do it.  Overall it doesn't bother me as much as DRM.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #19 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Schilling's response...

http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?3063-Did-you-push-back-at-EA-a...

...also how about a gaming company where the president and founder posts on their forums...

http://penny-arcade.com/2012/01/27/amalur

...Gabe from Penny Arcade has labeled the game better than Skyrim.  High Praise.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #20 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 2:30pm:

Wow. Absolute total class on his part.

The gaming industry could use more of that sort of behavior. Cheesy

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #21 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Merrick wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 3:41pm:
Wow. Absolute total class on his part.

The gaming industry could use more of that sort of behavior. Cheesy

Curt's a very interesting guy.  He's a pro athlete, a nerd, an avid MMO player, an outspoken media hound, a prolific twitter and message board poster...

...people love the guy and people hate him.  I love him not just for his contributions to the Red Sox World Series wins but because he is always a straight shooter.  There was one time when he called into WEEI sports radio from his car when he was a player to call a reporter out for saying something that wasn't accurate.  It was brilliant.

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #22 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 4:05pm:
Curt's a very interesting guy.  He's a pro athlete, a nerd, an avid MMO player, an outspoken media hound, a prolific twitter and message board poster...

...people love the guy and people hate him.  I love him not just for his contributions to the Red Sox World Series wins but because he is always a straight shooter.  There was one time when he called into WEEI sports radio from his car when he was a player to call a reporter out for saying something that wasn't accurate.  It was brilliant.

I am going to download the demo tonight and check it out. It looks like a cool game.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint