Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) WTF Cannith? (Read 9820 times)
Nerdychaz
Waterworks Kobold

I was queer before the
ponies!

WTF Cannith?
Dec 8th, 2011 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Since update 12 I have healed several successful runs of shroud normal.  I then put the healer back into his box for a bit and leveled my rogue.  I then take said rogue into Shroud Normal on a guild run, it is clean and fast as always.  I then take said rogue into several fail PUGs.  I am seriously aghast at the lack of ability of the PUGGers on Cannith. 

Now, you may be saying "well, part 4 is very difficult now for the newb."  Well, lets just say the party never got to part 4 and I burned a lot of heal and rez scrolls.  Sad sad day.  I think it is about time to start putting learning raids again.

IP Logged

wisky
Korthos Resident

OMG

Re: WTF Cannith?
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Lots of noobs think con is a dump stat , heavy fort whats that for Cool.The learning needs to start with gear/ stats and feats.The days of auto attack and carry me thur are gone.

IP Logged

vyrn
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 11:35am
Print Post  
You figured out pugs are worthless, congrats. Really, its fucking shroud, youre a divine, how do you not carry people through it? Unless its sub-200 HP idiots, you should be able to keep people up. And the sub-200 HP idiots arent contributing much to DPS anyway so who cares. So not really sure why you mention you can press a couple buttons everytime theyre off cooldown like its an accomplishment.

Oh, and quit preaching to the choir about con being a dump stat, dont understand why people feel the need to constantly remind others on the forum that HP is important.
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2011 at 11:42am by vyrn »  

Quote:
Ah told that teachin' laday, tha only 3 letters I needs ta learn is U, S, and A!

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #3 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
vyrn wrote on Dec 9th, 2011 at 11:35am:
You figured out pugs are worthless, congrats. Really, its fucking shroud, youre a divine, how do you not carry people through it? Unless its sub-200 HP idiots, you should be able to keep people up. And the sub-200 HP idiots arent contributing much to DPS anyway so who cares. So not really sure why you mention you can press a couple buttons everytime theyre off cooldown like its an accomplishment.

Oh, and quit preaching to the choir about con being a dump stat, dont understand why people feel the need to constantly remind others on the forum that HP is important.

IP Logged

buckeye
Korthos Resident

Reply #4 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 12:59pm
Print Post  

People can play their bullshit 8 con gimps for all I care.  Puggers are too fucking stupid.  Dont kill the last devil in part 4 until the blades go away.  It is not that hard, but they dont fucking care.  Sure it is a game, but I am sick and tired of having to deal with dumbasses that feel entitled to easy completions. 

And back to your point about hp. I have alot fo people in guild that can make 200 hp lvl 20's that can make it work.  They have experience and know when to use uncanny dodge, and when to attack and when to hold back.  I have also seen the pug caster that has 4 toughness feats, but has no empower or max.  Good fucking  call, right?

I hate fucking puggers.

IP Logged

vyrn
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
I hate fucking people who use extreme example as if they prove a point about the vast majority of builds..

And didnt I already say something about preaching to the choir? Im fairly sure everyone who figured how to google 'DDO Vault' knows that you dont do retarded shit like all toughness no meta caster builds.

On your point about 200 HP chars that 'make it work', I wonder how they never roll a 1, or get hit by cleave attacks, or hell, take any sort of damage. Cause if they do, I dont want to be the poor sap that has to keep their gimp ass up and running.

How the fuck do you get sub-200 HP at cap anyway when you can easily pass that with minimal effort on any character? Lets take a 6 con elf wizzy for example. d4 x 20 = 80. So base 60 HP due to 6 con. +60 from a +6 con item. 120. +30 from GFL 150. +20 toughness for 170. Get a ship buff and a rage and holy shit you passed 200. Tell me why your guildies are making an effort to be useless liabilities?
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2011 at 1:50pm by vyrn »  

Quote:
Ah told that teachin' laday, tha only 3 letters I needs ta learn is U, S, and A!

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #6 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
vyrn wrote on Dec 9th, 2011 at 1:45pm:
I hate fucking people who use extreme example as if they prove a point about the vast majority of builds..

And didnt I already say something about preaching to the choir? Im fairly sure everyone who figured how to google 'DDO Vault' knows that you dont do retarded shit like all toughness no meta caster builds.

On your point about 200 HP chars that 'make it work', I wonder how they never roll a 1, or get hit by cleave attacks, or hell, take any sort of damage. Cause if they do, I dont want to be the poor sap that has to keep their gimp ass up and running.

Have you been MYDDO'ing my toons again?  Roll Eyes

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Mmmm, I like this thread.

So much nerd rage here today.

Hordo is expert.

IP Logged

xveganrox
Korthos Resident

Kobold never forgive!
Kobold remember Waterworks!

Reply #8 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
buckeye wrote on Dec 9th, 2011 at 12:59pm:
Dont kill the last devil in part 4 until the blades go away. 

People actually do that? Tongue

Let me guess, you're the type that gets really pissed if we don't "save" the kobold so that nobody has to suffer through the indignity of fighting a the boss of a level 17 raid with only 80% of their mana on their capped TR...

IP Logged

buckeye
Korthos Resident

Reply #9 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
xveganrox wrote on Dec 9th, 2011 at 2:54pm:
People actually do that? Tongue

Let me guess, you're the type that gets really pissed if we don't "save" the kobold so that nobody has to suffer through the indignity of fighting a the boss of a level 17 raid with only 80% of their mana on their capped TR...

If I am pugging in a shitty group I might.  Not that I am concerned about my own talents, I am more concerned about the 2 healers that have no mana because they are blowing it all on dumb stuff.  I dont pug Shroud often because of this.

IP Logged

buckeye
Korthos Resident

Reply #10 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 3:06pm
Print Post  

How the fuck do you get sub-200 HP at cap anyway when you can easily pass that with minimal effort on any character? Lets take a 6 con elf wizzy for example. d4 x 20 = 80. So base 60 HP due to 6 con. +60 from a +6 con item. 120. +30 from GFL 150. +20 toughness for 170. Get a ship buff and a rage and holy shit you passed 200. Tell me why your guildies are making an effort to be useless liabilities?

This same firend now on khyber soloed Tod, epic DA and many other things that 99% of the rest of the people could not do even if they played his account.  I was not trying to yell at you personally about con as a dump stat, in total it just iritates me how many people overlook it.

Another buddy made a rogue with 8 base int.  Couldnt disarm shit, but was one of the DPS you could ever want.  You can argue that it is a liability, but we have fun and complete the quest.  I do not recommend making 200 hp characters, but it is a nice challenge when we get a few of us that try to group together with 8 base con.  I would never unleash this on this character into a pug raid, where he could be a liability, but is is something different for us to do.

IP Logged

xveganrox
Korthos Resident

Kobold never forgive!
Kobold remember Waterworks!

Reply #11 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
buckeye wrote on Dec 9th, 2011 at 3:06pm:
Another buddy made a rogue with 8 base int.  Couldnt disarm shit, but was one of the DPS you could ever want.  You can argue that it is a liability, but we have fun and complete the quest.  I do not recommend making 200 hp characters, but it is a nice challenge when we get a few of us that try to group together with 8 base con.  I would never unleash this on this character into a pug raid, where he could be a liability, but is is something different for us to do.

Hey now, let's not perpetuate stereotypes. 8-base int rogues can do any traps just fine, as long as they take full ranks search/DD and have gear for them..

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
I've seen some gimptastically awful shroud pugs on Cannith. Zero dots on harry, really? Oh I guess you were too busy casting Meteor Swarm, good call there.

IP Logged

vyrn
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
This same firend now on khyber soloed Tod, epic DA and many other things that 99% of the rest of the people could not do even if they played his account.  I was not trying to yell at you personally about con as a dump stat, in total it just iritates me how many people overlook it.

I still dont understand what oh-so uber gear set up they have that rules out the possibility of slotting +6 con/GFL/toughness in so many slots. With 6 base con.

Trolling or just dont understand addition?

Quote:

IP Logged

Orberon
Waterworks Kobold

Is It Not Nifty?

Reply #14 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
vyrn wrote on Dec 9th, 2011 at 4:43pm:
I still dont understand what oh-so uber gear set up they have that rules out the possibility of slotting +6 con/GFL/toughness in so many slots. With 6 base con.

Trolling or just dont understand addition?

Where did he say he had none of these things?  Roll Eyes

English not your first language or are you just trolling?

3325863186 2432 881621163412 3216 24313124331933248826 1932 3216878621163412 53243325 89863232 248833868989242686884286 198834 87163186 3286883286 33251988 5386 25195786. - 341688 258631168934

IP Logged

vyrn
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Orberon wrote on Dec 9th, 2011 at 6:19pm:
Where did he say he had none of these things?  Roll Eyes

This same firend now on khyber soloed Tod, epic DA and many other things that 99% of the rest of the people could not do even if they played his account. 

Saying that with enough skill, sub-200 HP is anything but a liability in a group.  Roll Eyes That was hard to find.
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2011 at 8:27pm by vyrn »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #16 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
I hate fucking people who cant do basic addition.

How the fuck do you get sub-200 HP at cap anyway when you can easily pass that with minimal effort on any character?

Lets take a 6 con elf wizzy for example. d4 x 20 = 80. So base 60 HP due to 6 con. +60 from a +6 con item. 120. +30 from GFL 150. +20 toughness for 170.

-40  6 base con
080  class hp at 20    
060  6 con item
030 gfl
020 toughness
020 rage
020 ship buff con
020 heroic durability (feat you start off with-always)

See? Still hit 210 easily enough, but do your fucking math correctly.  Six con is -40, not -20.  You have no choice but to have the 20 hp from heroic durability. 

Tell me why you made an effort to suck at math?

I fixed your post for you, I quoted the original so you could see the difference.

« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2011 at 8:40pm by Epoch »  

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

vyrn
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Ah, derp, yea. But works out to 210 in the end anyhow, forgot about the feat you get at lv1.

Quote:

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #18 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 1:56am
Print Post  
Yes!  Here I am looking for people from Cannith to post something in the Vault.  Yes!

and I agree with Vyrn, saying Con is not a dump stat both here and the official forums is really really lame and stupid.  Doesn't make you look cool like you think. (Gawd, I hope I looked cool while saying that..)

Oh, and do I really need to say "fuck"?

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #19 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
arjiwan wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 1:56am:
Yes!  Here I am looking for people from Cannith to post something in the Vault.  Yes!

and I agree with Vyrn, saying Con is not a dump stat both here and the official forums is really really lame and stupid.  Doesn't make you look cool like you think. (Gawd, I hope I looked cool while saying that..)

It does need to be said though.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 2:02pm
Print Post  

Con is not a dump stat. It doesn't have to be maxed, but from what I've seen of Cannith's population, it really should be...

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 2:13pm
Print Post  

Saying "When you're on fire, you should stop, drop and roll" doesn't make you look cool, either.  That doesn't mean it isn't true.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 2:13pm:
Saying "When you're on fire, you should live on forever" does make you look cool.

ftfy

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
ftfy

Thanks for that.  Such a bad typo.

IP Logged

Nerdychaz
Waterworks Kobold

I was queer before the
ponies!

Reply #24 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 2:37pm
Print Post  

Read the post first moron, I was on my rogue.  The groups I have been in wipe on part 2 and one even wiped on part 3.  It is time to bring some serious education into the raid-o-sphere.  I can't help but wonder if the bravery bonus is to blame, sending inexperienced people with no skill into content above their level.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint