Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Warchanter Bard Gear (Read 2214 times)
Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Warchanter Bard Gear
Dec 17th, 2011 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Will be 18 bard/2 rogue.  Past lives will be...3 arti, 3 barb, 3 rogue, 3 fighter, 3 monk, 3 pali.  Have thought about doing 3 wiz and FvS for the spell pen to make Ottos Irresistable useful otherwise I don't have enough spell pen to bother with it(probably not going to happen though.)

Looking to be able to do traps at epic level for guild runs when we are going in a quest without any knowledge.  Also want the evasion since I can get a reflex to make evasion worth while.

So far I've been thinking...

Tharns Goggles
Tharns Bracers
Shinto Cord
Kyosho's ring
Epic Belt of Mroranon.  GFL will be slotted in the yellow slot.  If I go with the 3 piece Abashi, I'll slot heavy fort, toughness and GFL on other stuff.

I don't know what the Ninja Spy sneak attack bonus is and I don't see any numbers in the actual description.  It has the threat reduction and I can UMD true seeing so Tharn's isn't hugely important if the Ninja Spy sneak attack bonus is equal or more than the Tharn's.  I can make a spot and search item.  I'll give up the Shinto stuff for the Ninja Spy stuff.  Tharns SA bonus is +5 to hit and +8 to damage that qualifies as a sneak attack.

Been thinking on Epic Helm of Frost.  There really isn't much in that slot that I like and I need a CHA item so I'll settle for this.
Also thinking Epic Envenomed cloak unless I can find a resistance +5 item in a better spot or on another cloak.
If I do go with the Epic Helm and Epic Envenomed, I'll epic up the Charged Gauntlets for the +3 profane STR.  I'm wondering if the electric proc is different than LitII since I'm planning on making a LitII set.

I need to figure out where I'm going to slot my GS HP item.  I have one on the bracers slot now but the radience guard is fucking up fascinated critters in EVoN6 because they still run around when blind...fucked up...and I can't use the Tharn's set with my HP item in the bracers slot.  If ninja spy set offers a better bonus, I can keep my HP item in the bracers slot, just have to make one that doesn't fuck up fascinated stuff.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: Warchanter Bard Gear
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2011 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Last I knew, ninja spy sneak attack dmg did not stack with other items.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #2 - Dec 17th, 2011 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 17th, 2011 at 10:30am:
Last I knew, ninja spy sneak attack dmg did not stack with other items.

Not a problem.

If the SA on Ninja Spy is equal or better than Tharns, I'll slot something else in bracers and goggles.

I don't know what the SA on Ninja Spy set is though and it isn't listed in the descriptions...at least not on the ones for the DDO item look up.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #3 - Dec 17th, 2011 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Fuck Off wrote on Dec 17th, 2011 at 10:56am:
Not a problem.

If the SA on Ninja Spy is equal or better than Tharns, I'll slot something else in bracers and goggles.

I don't know what the SA on Ninja Spy set is though and it isn't listed in the descriptions...at least not on the ones for the DDO item look up.

It is lower then tharnes.  +2 to-hit and +5 dmg with ninja spy, you do get -20% threat though.  Tharnes is better in any case.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #4 - Dec 17th, 2011 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 17th, 2011 at 11:40am:
It is lower then tharnes.  +2 to-hit and +5 dmg with ninja spy, you do get -20% threat though.  Tharnes is better in any case.

Kind of makes me wonder who decided these stats for ToD stuff then.

Since Ninja Spy doesn't stack, there really isn't much reason for it then.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 17th, 2011 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
Three piece abashai  (helm,cloak, gloves)
Mari chain
Esos
Bloodstone
Kyoshos
Ravager
Tharnes goggles
Eclaw bracers/abashai with heavy fort slotted
Madstone/abashai/anchoring

You can try slotting a HP, sp, conc opp item somewhere if you wish, but this will be an ideal dps setup.

Other gear to consider would be torc, bauble,  warchanter set, various greensteel/alchemical falchions, sp restoring items, and other various utility gear.

IP Logged

aurora1979
Waterworks Kobold

A Toppie a day keeps the
frownies away

Reply #6 - Dec 19th, 2011 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
sorry to hijack but i didnt want to start another thread with basically the same request.

I have a bard WC 16/2/2 fighter/ rogue, Just sorted my stalker ring but now im confusing myself with the rest of my equip.

stuff I use atm:

GS goggles: Sp/ con cord- im not sure why i made these first, brain fart, but im close to 20 runs and will make a hp item so as.

Minos-

Silver flame neckie- bit meh but i like the neg energy block and the deathward.

Bloodstone- Just took this out due to stalker ring, they dont stack right?

Cha cloak- Was thinking of my GS HP item here.

Knost belt

Ring of the bucaneer

Gauntlets of eternity- Used to have these as a swap item but got them perm atm as its an empty slot otherwise.

Boots of propulsion

Epic ring of the stalker

Ogre power bracers

DT slotted with +5 res, magma surge and disinti guard

I own most of the content, Im not in a big guild though.

I pug some and solo lots. I only have a few epic tokens atm but was thinking of putting the CHA and STR on my rings leaving 1 slot... probably a yellow.

I have run ToD but, in truth am unlikely to get a set off there, and the tokens for aaaaages.

Anyone got any ideas or opinions? I knida know what to go for but alot of my stuff is slot consolidation and I dont know what to get rid of.

I think the goggles were a mistake really, even in another slot, dont really need then.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint