Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Dark Souls. (Read 3942 times)
someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Re: Dark Souls.
Reply #50 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
rev Jim wrote on Mar 27th, 2012 at 11:44pm:
dark souls is coming to PC

bout the same on 1st play through

sweet cant wait to play then! not going to wait for PC version. ordered an xbox already heh

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #51 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 8:55pm:
sweet cant wait to play then! not going to wait for PC version. ordered an xbox already heh

cool man, if you get xbox live i can help if you get stuck on a boss.

the first 2 you will have to fight on your own. (way game is made) but after that you can co-op if it gets too hard by yourself.

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #52 - Mar 29th, 2012 at 11:01am
Print Post  
rev Jim wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 9:04pm:
cool man, if you get xbox live i can help if you get stuck on a boss.

the first 2 you will have to fight on your own. (way game is made) but after that you can co-op if it gets too hard by yourself.

is there no kind of scaling? seems kind of like cheapening a victory if the enemies dont get stronger with double the player power lol

people on live could just co-op their ways to victory ):
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2012 at 11:02am by someguy »  

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #53 - Mar 29th, 2012 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Mar 29th, 2012 at 11:01am:
is there no kind of scaling? seems kind of like cheapening a victory if the enemies dont get stronger with double the player power lol

people on live could just co-op their ways to victory ):

every time you beat the game it scales up.

up to 7 times
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2012 at 12:35pm by rev Jim »  

Quote:
Rev. Jim.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #54 - Mar 30th, 2012 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
fun game!! only died twice so far and i've been in undead burg for a little bit farming to buy some stuff from that vendor. both deaths were to having 2 shielded guys on me and not being able to maneuver in narrow hallways :/ controls/camera feel a bit clunky in a way. but not bad and seems more like designed that way. prob going to rage the first time i die to something i couldn't predict or avoid by being conservative. like falling in a hole or some shit with no tells.
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2012 at 9:45pm by someguy »  

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #55 - Mar 30th, 2012 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
fml spoke too soon. died to a black knight with a huge sword in that area. :/

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Mar 30th, 2012 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Mar 30th, 2012 at 10:25pm:
fml spoke too soon. died to a black knight with a huge sword in that area. :/

Only got about 4-5 hours into the game at my brother's and that's where my time ended, as well.  haha, that guy was a fucking dick. 

I did a fair bit of back and forth and got the first healing spell and various level ups.  Got that dude about halfway dead and then just got clowned all over the place and then failed to get my green orb.  Oopsie.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #57 - Mar 30th, 2012 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Mar 30th, 2012 at 10:49pm:
Only got about 4-5 hours into the game at my brother's and that's where my time ended, as well.  haha, that guy was a fucking dick. 

I did a fair bit of back and forth and got the first healing spell and various level ups.  Got that dude about halfway dead and then just got clowned all over the place and then failed to get my green orb.  Oopsie. 

aye i drank 5 flasks and used all 8 fireballs and he was at like 35% and i said fuck it. maybe im not supposed to be able to beat him now lol. and i could barely hurt him with melee even when he didnt block. went ahead and finished that level and beat the boss without anymore deaths. you can kind of AI shit on the boss heh. which i obviously took advantage of!

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #58 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 12:25am
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Mar 30th, 2012 at 11:10pm:
aye i drank 5 flasks and used all 8 fireballs and he was at like 35% and i said fuck it. maybe im not supposed to be able to beat him now lol. and i could barely hurt him with melee even when he didnt block. went ahead and finished that level and beat the boss without anymore deaths. you can kind of AI shit on the boss heh. which i obviously took advantage of!

they do like it when you have to revisit old content, keeps it interesting, I like impossible foes

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #59 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 10:53am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Mar 31st, 2012 at 12:25am:
they do like it when you have to revisit old content, keeps it interesting, I like impossible foes

ya definitely. as do i! more games need a "you need to go grind this much to get past this point". another thing i really like about the game that I haven't seen in a game since morrowind... they let you freely explore areas where the enemies are WAY stronger than you yet you can grab the loot if you're crafty lol. found a wing spear and zweihander (big gs? like in d2 lol) in the graveyard near the starting area while running from skeletons. pretty fun

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #60 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Mar 31st, 2012 at 10:53am:
ya definitely. as do i! more games need a "you need to go grind this much to get past this point". another thing i really like about the game that I haven't seen in a game since morrowind... they let you freely explore areas where the enemies are WAY stronger than you yet you can grab the loot if you're crafty lol. found a wing spear and zweihander (big gs? like in d2 lol) in the graveyard near the starting area while running from skeletons. pretty fun

FF12 also does that.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #61 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Mar 31st, 2012 at 2:41pm:
FF12 also does that.

you can ninja loot shit without having to fight? I mean you'll be running from stuff but...doesn't sound too FF? I mean usually involved random encounters and drops from shops/mobs no? I never played 12

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #62 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Mar 31st, 2012 at 2:54pm:
you can ninja loot shit without having to fight? I mean you'll be running from stuff but...doesn't sound too FF? I mean usually involved random encounters and drops from shops/mobs no? I never played 12

12 is set up more like a single player MMO. Enemies are actually on the map and you fight in sort of real time.

The safe, non exploit method basically involves setting the battle speed to minimum and running past everything so you're out of attack range by the time they actually launch their attacks.

The exploit method involves doing something with the immobilize status and switching character leaders to get rid of any enemies on the screen without having to fight them. Either way you can enter high level areas early and get powerful loot if you're lucky (or abuse the RNG).

You can also kind of do this in 13 as there's some enemies that will appear in areas you're not supposed to fight yet but if you do it right you can beat them and get powerful stuff early. It's not nearly the same though and is more akin to earlier FF games where at most you can enter one or two areas early and you still have to fight stuff.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #63 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Mar 31st, 2012 at 3:27pm:
12 is set up more like a single player MMO. Enemies are actually on the map and you fight in sort of real time.

The safe, non exploit method basically involves setting the battle speed to minimum and running past everything so you're out of attack range by the time they actually launch their attacks.

The exploit method involves doing something with the immobilize status and switching character leaders to get rid of any enemies on the screen without having to fight them. Either way you can enter high level areas early and get powerful loot if you're lucky (or abuse the RNG).

You can also kind of do this in 13 as there's some enemies that will appear in areas you're not supposed to fight yet but if you do it right you can beat them and get powerful stuff early. It's not nearly the same though and is more akin to earlier FF games where at most you can enter one or two areas early and you still have to fight stuff.

I did play 13 and I think the enemies were visible on screen there as you said. Just seemed really linear didn't notice much exploring. I could be wrong about it being 13 too...the one where they first introduced the new combat system and the characters were named like.. Sky? Snow? Lightning? Hope? Any of those sound familiar haha. I didn't even finish it as I got kind of bored about halfway through :/ Never was a huge fan of FF games. Only really played 7 and 2 on my itouch. I don't think it's that I dislike turn based games... because I liked Lost Odyssey on xbox and it was turn based. Can't put my finger on why I've never been excited about them or tried to play them. *shrug*
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2012 at 7:48pm by someguy »  

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #64 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 2:04am
Print Post  
please keep us up to date someguy with your trials and tribulations!

Quote:
Rev. Jim.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #65 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 9:54am
Print Post  
rev Jim wrote on Apr 3rd, 2012 at 2:04am:
please keep us up to date someguy with your trials and tribulations!

http://i.imgur.com/lPQVZ.jpg

ya that was def the knight in the pic. i went back and fucked him after i got better at backstabbing. found another in the undead burg at the top of the tower and owned him too. had my winged spear up to +5 from farming shit in the burg. lol one of the knights with shield + rapier used his riposte stance on me before i knew what it was and he one shotted me when i used my non power attack :/ bastard. also tried to fight that big one legged, no faced, horned lightning throwing bastard near the smith. he fucked me up too Sad

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #66 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 9:55am
Print Post  
lmao wtf happened to my post? not editing it. lol on itouch

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #67 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Apr 3rd, 2012 at 9:54am:
ya that was def the knight in the pic. i went back and fucked him after i got better at backstabbing. found another in the undead burg at the top of the tower and owned him too. had my winged spear up to +5 from farming shit in the burg. lol one of the knights with shield + rapier used his riposte stance on me before i knew what it was and he one shotted me when i used my non power attack :/ bastard. also tried to fight that big one legged, no faced, horned lightning throwing bastard near the smith. he fucked me up too 

sm oak fucked shit up

Quote:
Rev. Jim.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Yeah, if there's an image in the post you're quoting and you have image tags in your actual post, it completely buttfucks your formatting.  And the Sad wordsubs to something with img tags.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #69 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
ah i see lol. damn im ready to play though tonight. pretty addicting exploring new areas and seeing enemies that you dont understand yet. havent run into anything too challenging yet. but after reading what most people found difficult about the game im once again reminded how experienced in games i am Tongue lots of people complained of falling off ledges, rushing into ambushes and dying, attacking enemies before you observe them to see what they do, or just pulling too many enemies. ive yet to do any of that or put into a situation i couldnt avoid. im guessing most people havent used mob pulling techniques and lack patience. i expect to die on plenty of bosses though since they sound like trial and error. also not sure if im building my character correctly or if thats even an issue in this game. i dumped vitality as it seems ill never be able to outpace my HP with the damage enemies inflict. figure i should be dodging, blocking, parrying everything anyways. endurance seems pretty important for what shields/armor you can use and how fast you are though.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #70 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Apr 3rd, 2012 at 3:24pm:
ah i see lol. damn im ready to play though tonight. pretty addicting exploring new areas and seeing enemies that you dont understand yet. havent run into anything too challenging yet. but after reading what most people found difficult about the game im once again reminded how experienced in games i am Tongue lots of people complained of falling off ledges, rushing into ambushes and dying, attacking enemies before you observe them to see what they do, or just pulling too many enemies. ive yet to do any of that or put into a situation i couldnt avoid. im guessing most people havent used mob pulling techniques and lack patience. i expect to die on plenty of bosses though since they sound like trial and error. also not sure if im building my character correctly or if thats even an issue in this game. i dumped vitality as it seems ill never be able to outpace my HP with the damage enemies inflict. figure i should be dodging, blocking, parrying everything anyways. endurance seems pretty important for what shields/armor you can use and how fast you are though.

wait till you get to blight town or sen's funhouse

Wink

also if you made it to the black smith go back and kill the undead merchant for my favorite sword

Cool

Quote:
Rev. Jim.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #71 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
i havent been a fan of any of the swords ive found so far. also didnt know i could even attack the vendors. good to know so i dont accidentally attack one heh

so far ive preferred spears the most since i can block while i poke poke. also cant be interrupted, theyre really long range, and i can fight in hallways like you mentioned earlier in your post. theyre just somewhat slow with combos but doesnt seem like a huge disadvantage so far. might come into play against bosses later? anyways just blew out the church gargoyles. got the first down to 25% really quick and thought "whats going on? this is easier than some regular mobs ive fought earlier" and then the 2nd showed up and breathed fire all over the place. still they were much too slow to be a threat and telegraphed all their attacks for like 5 seconds. and ya ive got no doubt there will be things later i couldnt have predicted or experienced before. so many people say the game is tough im sure it really is at some point. ive done a lot of farming really and maybe im a bit ahead for where i am? im only lvl 16 but with a +5 winged spear and +5 hollow soldier shield. went for upgrading stuff before leveling. might regret it later. we'll see! also how many hours did you have on your end game file? im at 10 now. curious how many to expect from this game so i dont just go balls deep and finish it by the end of the week lol.
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2012 at 8:05pm by someguy »  

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #72 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Apr 3rd, 2012 at 8:03pm:
i havent been a fan of any of the swords ive found so far. also didnt know i could even attack the vendors. good to know so i dont accidentally attack one heh

so far ive preferred spears the most since i can block while i poke poke. also cant be interrupted, theyre really long range, and i can fight in hallways like you mentioned earlier in your post. theyre just somewhat slow with combos but doesnt seem like a huge disadvantage so far. might come into play against bosses later? anyways just blew out the church gargoyles. got the first down to 25% really quick and thought "whats going on? this is easier than some regular mobs ive fought earlier" and then the 2nd showed up and breathed fire all over the place. still they were much too slow to be a threat and telegraphed all their attacks for like 5 seconds. and ya ive got no doubt there will be things later i couldnt have predicted or experienced before. so many people say the game is tough im sure it really is at some point. ive done a lot of farming really and maybe im a bit ahead for where i am? im only lvl 16 but with a +5 winged spear and +5 hollow soldier shield. went for upgrading stuff before leveling. might regret it later. we'll see! also how many hours did you have on your end game file? im at 10 now. curious how many to expect from this game so i dont just go balls deep and finish it by the end of the week lol.

68 hrs on main and I have multi builds at anywhere from 10-25 hours.

spears are nice and I use them too but I like the speed/dps of the katanas.

After the gargoyles it starts to pick up.

did you try to fight the red dragon yet?
Grin

Quote:
Rev. Jim.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #73 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
the one breathing fire on the bridge? no i figured he was just like an object there to make it so you couldnt get to that point lol. he didnt seem like a boss so i just ignored him and went around haha.

i did just die though to a new black knight using some sort of pole arm while exploring darkroot basin. :/ thought i had all his moves figured out after fighting him for about a minute and he landed a blow on me and i didnt heal because i got cocky and then he whips out the new move which was like swinging his weapon helicopter style around him twice and the first staggered me and 2nd ended me. bah fucker. i should have ran away and drank a flask to stay at full hp...

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #74 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
went back asap to crush him. used a bit more magic and was aggressive with backstabs. got a blue titanite chunk which im guessing i cant use yet lol.

edit* AND an awesome shield!!!
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2012 at 9:56pm by someguy »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Send TopicPrint