Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Maybe the challenges aren't so bad after all... (Read 17639 times)
Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Maybe the challenges aren't so bad after all...
Reply #50 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
For xp I've found it worthwhile one the easier ones to micromanage stars to 2-star, 3-star, 4-star, 5-star (underlevel), and 6-star for xp.  That's not many of them of course but there's enough where that's doable to make it rewarding.  Takes some planning but you can get more first-time xp that way, sort of the way people run elite first for streaks, then hard to get the first time bonus there...just in reverse (2-star comes before 3-star for challenges).

Even with the adjustments there will still be challenges worth doing.  I mean heck, Samulos's groups on Sarlona (which I've been a part of when time's permitted) have been pulling down 800-900 per 20 minute run.  So that's now 400-450, or 1.33-1.5 epic tokens per run.  Not what we were getting but I can live with that still. Smiley

IP Logged

substrate
Dragon Raider

Reply #51 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jan 25th, 2012 at 12:52pm:
Well fuck the challenges now. No more awesome mephit wing farming.

Wish I had farmed epic tokens last week instead of leveling. Goddamnit.

I've had better luck with Colossal Crystals myself.  About 3 tokens for 15 minutes or closer to 4 if a great map in a competent group. 

Cheerleader Cordovan said that and Dragon's Hoard was nerfed, but further comments in that thread said it was Buying Time that was nerfed instead. 

Won't know until I get back in game though.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2012 at 4:58pm by substrate »  

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
I will say there was a bit of a super-stealth nerf to the challenges in that challenge rewards in bags now have weight.  This means that for anything but str-based toons you now won't be carrying all of your challenge ingredients around with you.  Just the ingredients for a single T1 item weigh 18 pounds now.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #53 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
substrate wrote on Jan 25th, 2012 at 4:57pm:
I've had better luck with Colossal Crystals myself.  About 3 tokens for 15 minutes or closer to 4 if a great map in a competent group. 

Cheerleader Cordovan said that and Dragon's Hoard was nerfed, but further comments in that thread said it was Buying Time that was nerfed instead. 

Won't know until I get back in game though.

Buying time was the moneymaker for our guild. 4 active bodies seemed the best. One to clear east, one to clear west, one to run torches and one to hold the middle. Assuming we didn't get a low purple map we would consistently get between 250-300 in 5 minutes, without having to buy any time at all.

Colossal crystals seemed to be a big pain in the ass for us. Not sure why, to be honest. Usually it was a shitty teleport pad placement in relation to the colossal crystals.  Also we generally only ran it when we were 5 starring for XP/favor for someone, thus we didn't use the security crests, and shit got ugly when the kobold picked up the big crystal.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jan 25th, 2012 at 5:04pm:
Buying time was the moneymaker for our guild. 4 active bodies seemed the best. One to clear east, one to clear west, one to run torches and one to hold the middle. Assuming we didn't get a low purple map we would consistently get between 250-300 in 5 minutes, without having to buy any time at all.

Colossal crystals seemed to be a big pain in the ass for us. Not sure why, to be honest. Usually it was a shitty teleport pad placement in relation to the colossal crystals.  Also we generally only ran it when we were 5 starring for XP/favor for someone, thus we didn't use the security crests, and shit got ugly when the kobold picked up the big crystal.

Colossal w/ Samulos on Sarlona we've been scouting for a good pad placement on one of the crystals and if we don't have one we recall out and re-run it.  Usually though 1 of the 3's in a good spot, you do that one and then farm whatever nice spots you found for purples while looking for the big crystals.  Works really well as long as you've got enough self-sufficient people to send 1 w/ Sam for line duty, 1 to clear around each big crystal, and 1 to guard the middle.  Means that the fights are tougher due to the scaling but if you can find 6 competent well-geared players (cue the Sarlona jokes) it's very efficient.

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #55 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
well if anyone is on khyber who is looking for someone to farm mat's with send me a tell; I have be soloing a few as I finally decided to make some gear and it's kind of hit & miss

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #56 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 8:36am
Print Post  
I need a metric fuckton. If I'm on my FvS, Tereaina, I'm probably farming mats ATM. Pop me a tell if you see me online on her in the Cannith area.

I am also not averse to grabbing some extra stars. 30 favour to go, and I still need to clean up elite Blown to bits. Wish there was a Master Artificer advertised on anything other than normal these days, but I guess that's pie in the sky...

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #57 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
I will keep my eye out Tere - I was running with someone from CE last night (name slipped my mind) and was using it as an excuse to level my bardbarian along with mat farming (instead of just epic level guys).  there are alot of them I haven't done or just barely touched & really don't know what I am doing well, so it was cool to have a partner, went well, we succeeded at 20 a handful of times, no fails, 120 or so mats per run on one of the kobold ones (the one with that stpd mummy with cold sheild).

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint