Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) MadFloyd wants to talk about Enhancements (Read 23690 times)
BurningDownTheHouse
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: MadFloyd wants to talk about Enhancements
Reply #25 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 5:29am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Jan 7th, 2012 at 5:30pm:
J$ lives in the past.

I think the only people that are going to be upset about it at this point are Bowbarians.

I have a blunt speced barb with a dreamspitter, he mows through trash almost as fast as WoP barbs used to.
I'll be pretty pissed if they'll fuck him up.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #26 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Pretty ambitious plans.

I predict that it's either going to end up being awesome, or we're all going to get raped by donkeys.

What do you think ?

That's what I thought, could go either way.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #27 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
After reading what Eladrin wrote today, I'm looking forward to what they're trying to do.

It seems like they want things to feel less like Paladin where every paladin looks 90% the same just because they're so squeezed for AP and there aren't a lot of attractive options and end up more like Monks where there are lots of attractive options to choose from and you get to choose a flavor and end up with lots of good stuff - but stuff that can be different than what another Monk has.

I like that.

Who the fuck knows what they'll end up with, but I like their intention.

fnord

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jan 8th, 2012 at 10:31pm:
After reading what Eladrin wrote today, I'm looking forward to what they're trying to do.

It seems like they want things to feel less like Paladin where every paladin looks 90% the same just because they're so squeezed for AP and there aren't a lot of attractive options and end up more like Monks where there are lots of attractive options to choose from and you get to choose a flavor and end up with lots of good stuff - but stuff that can be different than what another Monk has.

I like that.

Who the fuck knows what they'll end up with, but I like their intention.

Link? I must've missed it in the pile.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #29 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Link? I must've missed it in the pile.

http://forums.ddo.com/turbine_tracker.php?tracker=devtracker

Dev tracker button on the upper left corner of the forums.

fnord

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Jan 8th, 2012 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jan 8th, 2012 at 11:03pm:
http://forums.ddo.com/turbine_tracker.php?tracker=devtracker

Dev tracker button on the upper left corner of the forums.

...Yeah, I always forget about the dev tracker. I think I stopped using it when the devs stopped posting anything helpful.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #31 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 12:45am
Print Post  
I like the part allowing the PrE's to combine.  From what Eladrin posted it looks like my plan for My pally's next life as a DoS dwarf may enable him to select Dwarven Defender as well.  If not a HotD or KotC Dwarven Defender still sounds pretty sexy from a tanking side.

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 12:59am
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jan 9th, 2012 at 12:45am:
I like the part allowing the PrE's to combine.  From what Eladrin posted it looks like my plan for My pally's next life as a DoS dwarf may enable him to select Dwarven Defender as well.  If not a HotD or KotC Dwarven Defender still sounds pretty sexy from a tanking side.

I'm enjoying the idea of a HotD Radiant Servant...

Edit: Quote:
a human Paladin might be able to take a divine tree like Radiant Servant

Hot.
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2012 at 1:00am by »  

IP Logged

Deeds
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 6:12am
Print Post  
Bard tier 3 PRE...

Cheesy

Also, penis.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 6:20am
Print Post  
pale masters will be able to get archmagi pre for an extra +2 to dc's + more spell points and moar sla's. fvs can get stalwart defender line for even more tanking power

The chance turbine will fek this up horribly is rising fast

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #35 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 8:07am
Print Post  
Sounds generally like an improvement. There will be some stuff not possible anymore, and this will suck, but I'm looking forward to racial PrEs, AA DWS, and other funny stuff.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

Kracky
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 10:07am
Print Post  
I knew this day might come.

But i am going to fight any plans to reset the enhancements utilising any and all tools at my disposal.

Dear Mr MadFloyd can keep his rotten grubby mits away from Crit Rage . I am sure he can do his ''thing'' without killing it.

From his post i think it likely he is unaware of what Crit rage is and out of all the Devs he has a reputation for being more customer centred. (Not that he has a lot to live up to)

Otherwise thanks to all those who have pointed out that a Enhancement Reset would kill off Crit Rage. Especially to those who mentioned me personally, your support is much appreciated. Your deductions are indeed correct in that i am not particularly impressed with the idea.

To the rest of you i can say in a sincere, thoughtful and erudite fashion. Go And FUCK YOURSELVES. Hopefully in a particularly painful and unrewarding fashion

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #37 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Well now I'm even more in favor of the idea!

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #38 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jan 9th, 2012 at 10:10am:
Well now I'm even more in favor of the idea!

Agreed.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #39 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 10:25am
Print Post  
FWIW, I don't see this as change for change's sake.  I see this as a new Dev team wants to complete and expand upon the PrE's but realistically can't because the old system was created organically (haphazardly) as the level caps were increased and offered a poor foundation on which to build.  So raze it to the fucking ground and rebuild something with an actual plan in mind.

Just don't make it suck Tongue

IP Logged

Kracky
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Vault abuse notwithstanding i am of course concerned that an Enhancement reset will end Crit Rage. Most of you know what i'm on about. Any here that joined after DDO went FTP wont.

The Crit Rage Enhancement forms the basis of a Character i have played solidly for three years and spent an insane ammount of time and effort equipping. Any reset will remove Crit rage as an option after the Reset therefore effectively killing all the builds that still rely on it.

This will end an era along with my Character which i am understandibly going to attempt to subvert if i possibly can.

Hopefully i will try and persuade MadFloyd to do whatever is finally decided upon without removing the Crit rage Enhancement. You never know ??!!

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #41 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jan 9th, 2012 at 10:25am:
FWIW, I don't see this as change for change's sake.  I see this as a new Dev team wants to complete and expand upon the PrE's but realistically can't because the old system was created organically (haphazardly) as the level caps were increased and offered a poor foundation on which to build.  So raze it to the fucking ground and rebuild something with an actual plan in mind.

Just don't make it suck Tongue

People also have to remember, that in the majority of cases, the current enhancement system gives absolutely stuff all real customization. For the most part you are limited to stuff like, how many toughness enhancements do I take, how many stat bonuses do I need to even things out, and not really much more.

Monks are the only real exception that comes to mind, most others are more or less, fit your PRE pre-reqs, fit the enhancements that you need to take to not be totally gimped, with a couple of points left over.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #42 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Should have spent some of that time creating a fallback plan when Crit Rage was inevitably removed.

These might help.

And if all else fails

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #43 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Kracky wrote on Jan 9th, 2012 at 11:09am:
Vault abuse notwithstanding i am of course concerned that an Enhancement reset will end Crit Rage. Most of you know what i'm on about. Any here that joined after DDO went FTP wont.

The Crit Rage Enhancement forms the basis of a Character i have played solidly for three years and spent an insane ammount of time and effort equipping. Any reset will remove Crit rage as an option after the Reset therefore effectively killing all the builds that still rely on it.

This will end an era along with my Character which i am understandibly going to attempt to subvert if i possibly can.

Hopefully i will try and persuade MadFloyd to do whatever is finally decided upon without removing the Crit rage Enhancement. You never know ??!!

Best case scenario: you get to take Crit Rage as a new enhancement so that you can finally TR or respec those characters with Crit Rage to bring them into modern times wihtout losing that enhancement.

fnord

IP Logged

Cyr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Jan 7th, 2012 at 5:52pm:
They'll find a way to fuck it up, guaranteed.

No doubt.

I am really trying to remember the last time a major rework of a system ended up being a good thing...particularly when the system in question was not really considered one of the critically broken ones in the game.

I am getting really sick of Eladrin breaking stuff with one system rework and then thinking that another different system is the solution.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #45 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 11:46am
Print Post  
In the thread one of the Devs talks about changes to PREs, and lists some racial PREs. He also talks abotu being able to get multiple tiers of different PREs (provided you have the ap). Is that allowed in pen and paper D&D?

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #46 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 11:50am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 9th, 2012 at 11:46am:
In the thread one of the Devs talks about changes to PREs, and lists some racial PREs. He also talks abotu being able to get multiple tiers of different PREs (provided you have the ap). Is that allowed in pen and paper D&D? 

In 3.0/3.5 D&D, unless there's some Alignment or other restrictions and as long as you meet the prerequisites, there's no reason you can't have multiple Prestige Classes.
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2012 at 11:51am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
PrEs are so different in PnP that it's hard to make a direct comparison.  They're actual classes, so you have to take levels in them. 

Example: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/assassin.htm

With a 20 level cap, a 'pure assassin' would be 10 rogue/10 assassin, and get access to that list of shitty self-buffs in addition to the sneak attack dice and whatnot.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #48 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jan 9th, 2012 at 11:50am:
In 3.0/3.5 D&D, unless there's some Alignment or other restrictions and as long as you meet the prerequisites, there's no reason you can't have multiple Prestige Classes.

Actually it's worse in PnP as long as you meet the requirement for a given Class/Prestige Class at the time of level up you can level in that class.

That is, as long as you meet the fucking class requirement you can be

Ftr1/Barb1/Monk1/Pal1/Clr1/Bard1/Wiz1/Sorc1/FvS1 ( as a LVL 9 Character )

You just have to meet the requirement...
And as DDO PrE are in PnP Prestige Classes, they are treated like classes... so a fucking LVL 20 character can be LVL 1 in 20 ( Prestige ) Classes, as long as he meets the requirement for the class he wants to level in at the time he wants to level into it.

But nobody does it that way because it's tough to meet the requirements, and you end up with an extreme gimp...
It's more common to have a Single/Dual Class Character with one or two Prestige Classes.
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2012 at 12:17pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

the devs
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 9th, 2012 at 12:15pm:
That is, as long as you meet the fucking class requirement you can be

Ftr1/Barb1/Monk1/Pal1/Clr1/Bard1/Wiz1/Sorc1/FvS1 ( as a LVL 9 Character )

The idea/explanation is right, but the example is bad Wink
It's impossible (PnP and DDO) to multiclass i.e. a Bard with a Monk because of alignment requirements (just like you said). Of course there are some variant rules that open up new doors in that direction....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint