Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) MadFloyd wants to talk about Enhancements (Read 23671 times)
kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Re: MadFloyd wants to talk about Enhancements
Reply #50 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Holy crap. At first glance I'm drooling a little over an Assassin/Ninja Spy halfing build.

Or Dwarf anything, frankly.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #51 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
the devs wrote on Jan 9th, 2012 at 12:34pm:
The idea/explanation is right, but the example is bad Wink
It's impossible (PnP and DDO) to multiclass i.e. a Bard with a Monk because of alignment requirements (just like you said). Of course there are some variant rules that open up new doors in that direction....

Here's a GREAT example of Multiple Base Classes, Multiple Prestige Classes, and a Variant Rule that allows a non-Dwarf to take what's normally a Dwarf-only Prestige Class:

Quote:
I like this Hammer of Moradin:

Race: Goliath
Progression: Ranger 1/Fighter 2/Stoneblessed 3/Pious Templar 4/Hammer of Moradin 9

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870622/Hammer_of_Moradin_Han...

Quote:
X 3/Stoneblessed 3/Y 2/ (courtesy of Arkat)
You don't have to be BORN a Dwarf - you can become a Born-Again Dwarf! Stoneblessed lets you count as a Dwarf, on top of your base race! Humans' bonus feat? Check. Goliaths' Powerful Build? Check. Feral Anthropomorphic Baleen Whale? Check. Just make sure that (X,Y) lets you qualify for Hammer of Moradin.

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870622/Hammer_of_Moradin_Han...
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2012 at 1:15pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
To people bitching about crit rage - one of Eladrin's posts mentioned throwing crit rage (or something extremely similar) onto the Ravager PrE.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
To people bitching about crit rage - one of Eladrin's posts mentioned throwing crit rage (or something extremely similar) onto the Ravager PrE.

God I hope so. It would make Barbs interesting to me again.

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Here's the quote:

Quote:
Something like Barbarian Critical Rage may be folded into the Ravager enhancement line as the Ravager Capstone.

IP Logged

Orberon
Waterworks Kobold

Is It Not Nifty?

Reply #55 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Hmmm This could be really great for the game, or it could lead to a couple of really OP combos.

I wonder how long it will take the min/maxers to figure out the most uber combo? I am putting the under at 1 hour.  Cool

3325863186 2432 881621163412 3216 24313124331933248826 1932 3216878621163412 53243325 89863232 248833868989242686884286 198834 87163186 3286883286 33251988 5386 25195786. - 341688 258631168934

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #56 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 3:58pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Jan 9th, 2012 at 3:58pm:

Excellent heads up. 

I like it so far, at least.  Unlocking different trees definitely makes a lot of sense, and it'll make it much easier to see your PrEs.  I can also see where it'll make it a ton easier to crank out the rest of the PrEs.  I want Wild Mage for Oak so fucking badly, I don't care how gimp it is.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #58 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
I like it.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #59 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
So.  Quick recap…

- Drow get the Tempest PrE as their racial PrE.

- Tempest is getting the dervish ability to make scimitars finessable.

THANK GOD!!! The xXDrizztXx characters in DDO will finally be worth something!  Grin  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #60 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jan 9th, 2012 at 4:40pm:
I like it.

This.

They will find a way to mess something up with that, I am sure of it. But I very much like the general appeal.

Edited:
Oh. Did I say 'mess up'? I forgot this was the vault. Please read it as 'fuck up' as you see fit.
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2012 at 5:12pm by aDifferentHandle »  

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #61 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
One again I reiterate.

Awesome    Raped by donkeys.

Which side will it be?

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #62 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4250980&postcount=703

Quote:
That said, I have no problem sharing screenshots and info about the various trees as they become known so that we get even more feedback as early as possible.

I can say that it won't come before mid year.

SHARING ACTUAL INFO? THAT'S NOT ALLOWED!

Someone call !

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #63 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
I'm starting to imagine the badassedness of a HElf HotD/RS combo. Nigh-limitless healing amp combined with perpetual resource-free healing? /drool.

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #64 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm starting to imagine the badassedness of a HElf HotD/RS combo. Nigh-limitless healing amp combined with perpetual resource-free healing? /drool.

Maybe you could be this cool:

IP Logged

green00_00
Butterface

DDO Vault Failure

Reply #65 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Merrick wrote on Jan 9th, 2012 at 10:15pm:

damn, check out that hotbar setup.  3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 is motherfucking PRIME SETUP for energy resists.

surely this guy must play on kyber.   he's rocking shit.

[Color=red][Size=6][b][center]But you'll notice, not butterdick[\center][\b][\Size][\color]

Apparently I cannot figure out signatures.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #66 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
green00_00 wrote on Jan 9th, 2012 at 10:35pm:
damn, check out that hotbar setup.  3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 is motherfucking PRIME SETUP for energy resists.

surely this guy must play on kyber.   he's rocking shit.

Sorry, this particular person(retarded sock puppet, or account buyer, depending) is all argo. 

sigh....

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #67 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 12:30am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #68 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 1:05am
Print Post  
My initial reaction based on the first 35 or so pages of the thread:

Pros:
  • High probability of all PrEs getting implemented and fully fleshed out
  • Current shown AP costs will allow 2 tier 3 PrE's and 1 Tier 2 (maybe) or one Capstoned Tier 3 and a second tier 3
  • Prestige tiers unlocking feat-like abilities
  • More rewards for deep multiclassing builds
  • Ability to spend AP anywhere and reset trees in any public area, less "BRB Guys going to spend this one AP I got last Quest!"
  • Likely every toon will have at least 2 PrE's, more versatility in filling PuGs
  • Easier for new players to build characters, Premade paths likely to be viable
  • Crit-ragers forced to get off their asses and deal with the fact their build should have been remade years ago.
  • Other stuff I'm likely forgetting

Cons:
  • Likely big sacrifices must be made when swapping out a talent tree, some synergies may be quashed
  • Ron's Character Planner sent into utter disarray
  • Pure class characters may be at a disadvantage if they end up in a situation where they run out of *useful* enhancements but don't have enough AP/character levels to effectively multiclass
  • 1000's of PrE combinations will be incredibly difficult to balance at high level with the limited range on a D20
  • Announced tempest changes cements Drizztards as having a platform for their build being viable
  • Every change/nerf/boost is going to create havoc with unintended consequences, builds of the month return with a vengeance
  • ToD rings will be confusing as hell to figure out
  • Other stuff I'm likely forgetting

I'm still for it.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 1:14am
Print Post  
There's a lot to like, but the three-tree limit has got to go.  Combined with the uber racial PrEs, it's going to kill deep multiclassing.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #70 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Call me crazy, but I'm gonna wait until we have more than little stars in gray boxes to go on before I make a definitive opinion.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #71 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 1:54am
Print Post  
Reading peoples complaints over on the other forums is starting to hurt my head. I get it, you are afraid of change.

The whole idea of 'general class enhancement tree' that people want, just really doesn't work with what they are trying to do, what would you end up with, every class enhancement except for a couple of the general tree and a small amount in the PRE trees?

From what I have seen so far, the only thing I would like to see is to have something implemented like "For each additional class your character has, you get an additional active tree" which should solve alot of the multiclassing issues. That, and ensuring that 'general class abilities' are repeated across multiple trees, maybe differing levels available in different trees. For example, Assassin gets access to Sneak attack/damage 5, where acrobat and mechanic only get up to 3, or somesuch.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 2:06am
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Jan 10th, 2012 at 1:14am:
There's a lot to like, but the three-tree limit has got to go.  Combined with the uber racial PrEs, it's going to kill deep multiclassing.

Looks like three + racial, so four trees. It sounds like the threshold for Tier II may be 20 points, so you could in theory get Tier II in all four. I can see that helping melee more than casters, especially the way that he is leaning towards allowing things like toughness and ability scores to stack (cleric wisdom and monk wisdom on an 18/2? Tasty!!! Horc str and ftr str too) . If you can pull the bottom tier of toughness from a few different classes, that would be a lot of HP for very few action points, and so on with similar benefits for the lower tiers of ability score increases, and boosts / attack / damage bonus.

Depending on the PrEs, something like a 6/6/8 with three melee classes on a dorf could be an absolute beast. Since multiclassing a caster with another caster generally sucks, this could really benefit melee without nerfing blue bars.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 2:14am
Print Post  
Auran wrote on Jan 10th, 2012 at 1:54am:
Reading peoples complaints over on the other forums is starting to hurt my head. I get it, you are afraid of change.

Remember U12? We are scared of a screwed up implementation, game breaking bugs, and nasty unintended consequences. Games have been irreversibly broken over smaller changes.

Auran wrote on Jan 10th, 2012 at 1:54am:
From what I have seen so far, the only thing I would like to see is to have something implemented like "For each additional class your character has, you get an additional active tree" which should solve alot of the multiclassing issues. That, and ensuring that 'general class abilities' are repeated across multiple trees, maybe differing levels available in different trees. For example, Assassin gets access to Sneak attack/damage 5, where acrobat and mechanic only get up to 3, or somesuch.

One of the best sounding things is a mix and match of different prestige lines within the same pure class -taking the best of Assassin and Thief Acrobat on a 20 rogue, for example. If your idea is that you get racial + one tree per class, I hope that you can LIAFF. If, on the other hand, you want four trees (one racial and three other) plus one additional for each extra character class, that wouldn't bother me. I don't see it happening, or find it to be a particularly attractive option, but whatever floats your boat.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #74 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 2:26am
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jan 10th, 2012 at 2:14am:
Remember U12? We are scared of a screwed up implementation, game breaking bugs, and nasty unintended consequences. Games have been irreversibly broken over smaller changes.

One of the best sounding things is a mix and match of different prestige lines within the same pure class -taking the best of Assassin and Thief Acrobat on a 20 rogue, for example. If your idea is that you get racial + one tree per class, I hope that you can LIAFF. If, on the other hand, you want four trees (one racial and three other) plus one additional for each extra character class, that wouldn't bother me. I don't see it happening, or find it to be a particularly attractive option, but whatever floats your boat.

Regarding the first part, it sounds like the devs are trying to come up with something which will give people more options and make character building more interesting on the enhancement front (especially while leveling, as a new player getting a new AP must be the most underwhelming thing, having to save AP to buy an enhancement you need to un-hide and search through a list for, can't be that fun, either that or you take what you can see which in most cases is useless). There are people in the thread however, who can't see past "OMG I may need to think for myself a bit!" and just seem doom. Granted, with turbine it's often warranted, but this change will hopefully be bringing with it the rest of the PREs and a MASSIVE number of new character possibilities. For every current build that might not work properly under the new system, I expect there will be 50 new ones people will think of.

On the second point, my suggestion was to have a base Racial tree + 3 class trees for a pure class character, with each additional class allowing them to add an additional tree. Up to a max of 5 class trees, in whatever layout you want.

The 3 + 1 tree idea works ok with a 'normal' build (pure or your standard 18/2 splash) but taking away the ability to make crazier builds would be a terrible idea.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint