Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Are the bags fixed ? (Read 15554 times)
Overeem
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Are the bags fixed ?
Reply #50 - Jan 24th, 2012 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Jan 24th, 2012 at 5:40pm:
Well, it's a matter of writing the code and testing it out and making sure that you aren't making an even bigger fuckup as a result. 

This is probably just something that interacted with something new (maybe challenge mats?) and the new bag behavior that we were all clamoring for (being able to use shit from the bag directly).  It's no surprise that there would be some kind of mistake involved with such a major change.  It's just surprising that it happened in a way that allowed us to actually benefit.  Tongue 

Actually this bug happened when they made all the bags weigh 1 lb. when you put new stuff into a bag it doesnt acknowledge the bta/ btc status of the item and just keeps the original status of the bag, if the bag was bta or btc during the patch then it stayed bta or btc

IP Logged

NoPance
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Jan 24th, 2012 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
It's just surprising that it happened in a way that allowed us to actually benefit.  Tongue 

Pretty sure all the exploits have been to the benefit of those willing to cheat.

Its kind of sad when you dont want to cheat, but you see the only way to really compete for spots in the truly hard content is by either sacrificing your life to the game, or joining in with the cheating.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Jan 24th, 2012 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Pretty sure all the exploits have been to the benefit of those willing to cheat.

Its kind of sad when you dont want to cheat, but you see the only way to really compete for spots in the truly hard content is by either sacrificing your life to the game, or joining in with the cheating.

I'm pretty against active cheating that fucks over the economy and bones people, but other than the rather specific complaints about fewer items being up for roll for a while, this one really doesn't have a massive negative impact on others and a lot of room for positive impact on the game as a whole.  This isn't creating millions out of thin air and warping the general economy, this is simply shuffling around items that already exist, while also giving newer players some great incentive to farm and jolting free a lot of the riches that are pooled up around long-time players. 

I can understand wanting to sit on the sidelines for this one, but I also don't think you have anyone but yourself to blame for not hopping in. 

Anyway, my point was simply that it's always surprising when a bug comes out as an exploit or something that benefits the community, considering how often bugs come out that fuck over the players.  Tongue  Though Turbine's made it pretty clear that this isn't nearly as big of a deal as the last exploit, since they weren't exactly in a huge rush to patch it.  Tongue

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #53 - Jan 24th, 2012 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Well, it's a matter of writing the code and testing it out and making sure that you aren't making an even bigger fuckup as a result. 

This is probably just something that interacted with something new (maybe challenge mats?) and the new bag behavior that we were all clamoring for (being able to use shit from the bag directly).  It's no surprise that there would be some kind of mistake involved with such a major change.  It's just surprising that it happened in a way that allowed us to actually benefit.  Tongue 

When new cookies showed up (taken, kobold, LoB and Toven Artificer cookies), they wouldn't fit in the cookie jars.

The patch that changed the cookie jars to accept the new cookies also created the phantom-items-staying-in-your-bags bug, the can't-sell-gems-straight-from-the-bag bug and the bags-stuck-in-their-current-BtC/BtA/Unbound state that caused the trade-a-palooza.

We'll see which of those three gets fixed tomorrow.  I'm betting that two of the three will be fixed.  I'm not even going to try to guess which two, though.

fnord

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #54 - Jan 24th, 2012 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
And what are the chances that it breaks cookie jars again? Cheesy

IP Logged

NoPance
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Jan 24th, 2012 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Jan 24th, 2012 at 7:23pm:
this one really doesn't have a massive negative impact on others and a lot of room for positive impact on the game as a whole.

I dunno. There are so few Epics run these days. Im not sure if thats because so many just swapped for what they needed, then moved on to other things, or if they are all getting their tokens in Challenges (which in itself is a joke).

Im not spending all my points on the Challenge pack either, just to ezimode myself to tokens by endlessly farming the same 2 or 3 challenges. Sure, I did Snitch and PartyCrashers a lot when I first started, but now that Im starting to get some gear I want to move on to other Epics, and I want to do other raids.

If I could buy my way to epic tokens through Challenges, I certainly wouldnt see a problem with bag trading. The first gives something to Turbine, the second gives something to another player.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Jan 24th, 2012 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
It's no doubt a combination of the two.  But grinding the same damned epic day after day for weeks on end just waiting for one drop when there are other people out there just sitting on the loot you want because it's useless to them isn't terribly fun.  And it's not that hard to get together an epic if that's what you want to do.  The LFM window works both ways.

The challenges are pretty damned interesting and fun now that I'm into them, I'd have to say.  They are to me, at least.  I really enjoyed the hell out of Crystal Cove (as did most folks) and so it's a blast to be able to fuck around somewhere with similar mechanics with real rewards that'll help you out in the long run.  I don't get how that's a joke at all, any more than the House P chain is a joke because you have to buy it with TP and it has easy tokens and decent epic gear.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #57 - Jan 24th, 2012 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Jan 24th, 2012 at 9:09pm:
And what are the chances that it breaks cookie jars again? Cheesy

I'd give it 70/30 odds, but I can't decide if the 70 should be "break cookie jars" or if the 30 should be "break cookie jars".  Smiley

fnord

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #58 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Talking to people, many folk have given away far more than they have sold / traded, and made a lot of people happy in the process.

I'm finding it hard to get all finger waggy about this bug. Mind you, I don't really care what other people do in game TBH. My only beef with the chest exploit thingy was the perishing lag it seemed to be causing.

I've changed my mind on the challenge pack now I understand the dungeon token potential. It's far more fun to me to two or three man one of those with some friends than try to put together an epic PUG with randoms. And the cost of it isn't much more than the cost of one Heart of Wood from the store, so it's basically paid for itself with one TR. Plus some of the bits are quite nice. Smiley

IP Logged

Nothingtoseehere
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 8:32am
Print Post  
I'm still running epics daily trying to get things the old-fashioned way - so feel free to hit me up if you see one of my LFMs (currently farming EVoN1). I may be dumb in not joining others in the exploit, but I kinda feel that I want to have earned the right to use epic items. I did enquire about a few trades and nearly went through with one, but in the end I got the item I wanted through grinding.

I'd also feel more comfortable linking my items knowing that I got them by completing the necessary epics. Having epic items doesn't make you capable of running epics!

Just yesterday I had an LFM up for a CC caster and someone linked me all their epic items (really unneccesary as I'd have let them in the group anyway, after all, it's only EVoN1) and then proceeded to die again and again. It was quite obvious to me that they had never done EVoN1 on epic, and probably hadn't run any epic ever because they were totally clueless.

The moral of the story is: being given everything you need doesn't help you achieve success as it doesn't teach you how to work with what you have.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #60 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Bags have been fixed, for now.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #61 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 10:51am
Print Post  
i wonder what'll happen to all those BTC items in a bag in the shared bank...

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #62 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 11:19am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jan 25th, 2012 at 10:51am:
i wonder what'll happen to all those BTC items in a bag in the shared bank...

It's a bound to character bag in the bank. First character to pull it out gets it and can reset the status by pulling the bound items out.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #63 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 11:25am
Print Post  
When I log in tonight I will need someone to come to my PM and take items from him so he can move.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #64 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 11:28am
Print Post  

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #65 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 11:30am
Print Post  
I am looking forward to shade's build on the "Ultimate Epic Bag Carrying Dorf for Update 12.3".

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Quote:
Bags have been fixed, for now.

depends how you define fixed.  If by fixed you mean fked up something else, then yes.  they are fixed

IP Logged

furbyoats
Stormreaver Piker

One stroke at a time...

Reply #67 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Nothingtoseehere wrote on Jan 25th, 2012 at 8:32am:
I kinda feel that I want to have earned the right to use epic items.

I agree except that the current mechanic for shards and seals is so beyond fucked that you can literally run an epic raid 100 times and get boned every single time, while a first time runner can pull the shard you need. To me, this doesn't constitute earning something. However, if they were to change the mechanic to say...generate a list of seals/shards on a number of completions...

Ungood wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 2:17pm:
Queens don't have dicks.

Atenhotep wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:56am:
I spend every evening naked in a fetal position crying because my penis is so small.

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #68 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 25th, 2012 at 11:25am:
When I log in tonight I will need someone to come to my PM and take items from him so he can move.

Makes 2 of us! Grin

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #69 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
My full Large Ing bag on Smrti now weighs 10.66 lbs and is worth 295k plat.

On Dukkha, it was over 24 lbs. and he is my crafter.

My total weight on Smrti now is 328.8 lbs. Looks like they just made bags a consolidation point, rather than an actual bag of holding type deal.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2012 at 6:06pm by »  

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #70 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Jan 25th, 2012 at 12:33pm:
Makes 2 of us! Grin

I'll be in the Marketplace, tonight, casting Rage on all the people who are encumbered. 1 LDS per Rage spell.  Tongue

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #71 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Jan 25th, 2012 at 11:43am:
If by fixed you mean fked up something else, then yes.  they are fixed

While I haven't been around since launch I'm pretty sure this is implied every update and patch.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #72 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I dunno. There are so few Epics run these days. Im not sure if thats because so many just swapped for what they needed, then moved on to other things, or if they are all getting their tokens in Challenges (which in itself is a joke).

I would blame the challenges more than the bags.  Most of the people in my guild, that run epics on a regular basis, are interested in slotting their items.  Slotting = Tokens.

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #73 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My full Large Ing bag on Smrti now weighs 10.66 lbs and is worth 295k plat.

On Dukkha, it was over 24 lbs. and he is my crafter.

My total weight on Smrti now is 328.8 lbs. Looks like they just made bags a consolidation point, rather than an actual bag of holding type deal.

I have several bags spread across my characters. On Jial, the heaviest is one of his large ingredient bags - 137ish pounds. This is NOT my crafting toon.

I'm kind of scared to log onto my crafter.

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
furbyoats wrote on Jan 25th, 2012 at 11:47am:
I agree except that the current mechanic for shards and seals is so beyond fucked that you can literally run an epic raid 100 times and get boned every single time, while a first time runner can pull the shard you need.

Try 180ish dragon runs without a red dragon shard Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint