Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DDOCAST (Read 37878 times)
JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Re: DDOCAST
Reply #125 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Jan 13th, 2012 at 6:29pm:
I think they missed a domain: www.llothiscuming.xxx

The #1 drow pr0n site on the interwebs.

you are forgetting www.howtheyweremade.com/dndraces.php
Half-orc
Half-elf
Driders
Half-lings
you get it ALL! (I think that is their TM, lol)

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #126 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jan 13th, 2012 at 5:44pm:
Anyone remember a PC game in the early 90's based on the Dark Sun campaign? Man I loved that game. Psionics FTW.

I vaguely remembered it's existence, but had to hit up wikipedia for the name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Sun:_Shattered_Lands

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #127 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
1379 DR

Eilistraee and her chosen Qilué are killed by Halisstra Melarn at the urging of Lolth's champion Wendonai but roughly 20% of all drow are redeemed in the eyes of the Seldarine and their divine curse is lifted, restoring to them their lighter brown skin and normal elven temperament.

That basically introduces or brings back another race of elf, the dark elf, which is different from drow.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #128 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Jan 13th, 2012 at 6:54pm:
1379 DR

Eilistraee and her chosen Qilué are killed by Halisstra Melarn at the urging of Lolth's champion Wendonai but roughly 20% of all drow are redeemed in the eyes of the Seldarine and their divine curse is lifted, restoring to them their lighter brown skin and normal elven temperament.

That basically introduces or brings back another race of elf, the dark elf, which is different from drow.

Link?

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #129 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Jan 13th, 2012 at 6:53pm:
I vaguely remembered it's existence, but had to hit up wikipedia for the name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Sun:_Shattered_Lands

From memory that is the one you start out as a gladiator, I still have the CDs from that boxed set, pools of radiance etc, complete with code wheel copy protection, lol

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #130 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Jan 13th, 2012 at 7:37pm:
Link?

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Seldarine

I also got it from the books, since I read all them as they come out.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #131 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Auran wrote on Jan 13th, 2012 at 8:10pm:
From memory that is the one you start out as a gladiator, I still have the CDs from that boxed set, pools of radiance etc, complete with code wheel copy protection, lol

Fuck yeah I LOVED that game.

IP Logged

Deeds
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #132 - Jan 14th, 2012 at 2:06am
Print Post  
I remember being sexually confused about the alpha muscled dark sun chicks Embarrassed

Also, penis.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #133 - Jan 14th, 2012 at 4:08am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 13th, 2012 at 12:07pm:
Little off track -

From the survey I got awhile back, I have the impression we will be seeing FR and Greyhawk versions of DDO. Standalone or somehow incorporated with the current DDO, I am not sure. Does it make sense to mingle campaigns?

If they did this, I may never play again.  The thought of the different worlds coinciding sickens me.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #134 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 7:06am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jan 14th, 2012 at 4:08am:
If they did this, I may never play again.  The thought of the different worlds coinciding sickens me.

Especially considering (from what I hear) there are a heap of other cool places/cities/continents to go to in Ebberon.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #135 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Auran wrote on Jan 15th, 2012 at 7:06am:
Especially considering (from what I hear) there are a heap of other cool places/cities/continents to go to in Ebberon.

Yeah I definately agree. That's why I believe if they go ahead with this, it will be a completely new game. Heck the name of this game is called DDO, Eberrron Unlimited.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #136 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
on the other hand they can put the Underdark in Eberron...

There's nothing that makes it impossible.

and MOTU : Mysteries of the Underdark.

that would fit with the rest... except for the ddoforgottenrealms.com

Edit after reading the full thread again... I missed a few posts.

No world is unreachable to a D&D Immortal ( D&D, as in Basic Set, Expert Set, Companion Set, Master Set, Immortal Set, Wrath of the Immortal ) as by definition they can do as they see fit, create and destroy worlds at their whim. ( more or less they still have a few rules that needs to be followed )

« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2012 at 1:00pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #137 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 15th, 2012 at 12:38pm:
on the other hand they can put the Underdark in Eberron...

There's nothing that makes it impossible.

and MOTU : Mysteries of the Underdark.

that would fit with the rest... except for the ddoforgottenrealms.com

Edit after reading the full thread again... I missed a few posts.

No world is unreachable to a D&D Immortal ( D&D, as in Basic Set, Expert Set, Companion Set, Master Set, Immortal Set, Wrath of the Immortal ) as by definition they can do as they see fit, create and destroy worlds at their whim. ( more or less they still have a few rules that needs to be followed )

But thats the thing. The underdark in eberron is khyber essentially.

Quote:
"Eberron" is also the name for the land of the world, and is also referred to as the Dragon Between. Siberys, the Dragon Above, is the name given to the planetary rings which surround the planet. Khyber, the Dragon Below, is the name given to the underworld, and is similar to the Underdark in many other settings

IP Logged

hpotter
Ex Member

Reply #138 - Jan 16th, 2012 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Just when I thought I was nerd enough...

So please help a completely clueless person out here because I can't seem to fully connect all of the dots... why does it really matter if they open up portals to a realm not in the PnP Eberron series? From the perspective of someone who has only really enjoyed DnD in online gaming this just means new places to go, new classes and races to play and new loot/abilities. Why does it matter which realms they include? (TBH I'd be ok with them just making a few up as well.)

The only real issue I have with the proposed updates is the level cap increase, but it seems as though that is implied to be the opportunity to gain more enhancements? not actually a level raise?. All in all it seems like a huge update with tons of fresh content to keep me happily playing for months to come.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #139 - Jan 16th, 2012 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:

So please help a completely clueless person out here because I can't seem to fully connect all of the dots... why does it really matter if they open up portals to a realm not in the PnP Eberron series? From the perspective of someone who has only really enjoyed DnD in online gaming this just means new places to go, new classes and races to play and new loot/abilities. Why does it matter which realms they include? (TBH I'd be ok with them just making a few up as well.)

The only real issue I have with the proposed updates is the level cap increase, but it seems as though that is implied to be the opportunity to gain more enhancements? not actually a level raise?. All in all it seems like a huge update with tons of fresh content to keep me happily playing for months to come.

Clashes between alternate worlds tend to work better in comic books than in D&D.  (It’s kind of like how people are turned off by the Eberron setting because it falls into the “Steampunk” setting rather than Greyhawk’s/Toril’s “High Fantasy” setting.)

Or, to put it another way:
http://www.youtu.be/watch?v=skMj9vCD2ko
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2012 at 7:04pm by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #140 - Jan 16th, 2012 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:

When Eberron first came to ddo it was pretty much a new world for wotc. There were only a few books from the series out, meaning you could basically create your own stuff and vice versa. Since then I've seen multiple references to stormreach from the books that pretty much follow exactly the game. I've also seen in books multiple references as background to other places from the game. Hell there is even a wotc book for eberron out with the title: Eberron: Dungeons and dragons online following exactly what's in ddo, but i have yet to actually read this one.

By using most of the other stuff like Forgotten Realms (Abeir-Toril now) or depending on timeframe (Toril) the world as a whole is already established. Personally who in there right mind would want to play something that you can't really have new stuff for. I don't want to play in Waterdeep, as that's been done to death in books and pnp. Neither do I want to in other places there. Sure if they do it with the current Abeir-Toril the world was basically changed, so that kinda leaves an opening for turbine to create new areas/continents etc.

The same goes for Dragonlance, Ravenloft, Greyhawk, DarkSun, and anywhere else covered by wotc.

QuantumFX: They didn't do an alternate universe thing, but wotc last year in books did a cross world thing, went from the Dungeon and dragon world whatever that's called, Forgotten Realms, and DarkSun. I personally liked it and it's the first that I can recall, besides the occasional spelljammer ship coming to toril and krynn.
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2012 at 9:08pm by mudfud »  

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #141 - Jan 16th, 2012 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Speak for yourself.  I would strangle a puppy to play in Myth Drannor.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #142 - Jan 16th, 2012 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Jan 16th, 2012 at 9:12pm:
Speak for yourself.  I would strangle a puppy to play in Myth Drannor. 

LoL myth drannor then or now? Back in the day myth drannor yeah. Now, the elves returned there and took it back from the demons/devils, so wouldn't be as fun now.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #143 - Jan 16th, 2012 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Jan 16th, 2012 at 9:21pm:
LoL myth drannor then or now? Back in the day myth drannor yeah. Now, the elves returned there and took it back from the demons/devils, so wouldn't be as fun now.

Did they?  Sad  I don't think I've read any FR sourcebooks since 2nd ed.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #144 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 12:06am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Jan 16th, 2012 at 11:55pm:
Did they?  http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Smoak.png  I don't think I've read any FR sourcebooks since 2nd ed.

Yeah Spellplague basically changed the world. Netheril is back in a sense, High Imalskur (spelling) also, Mulhorand gone, Zhentil keep destroyed, neverwinter destroyed per the game, can't remember offhand name but first home to dwarves found near neverwinter, lots of other things also too many to name from memory. Few underdark cities completely destroyed dwarf, drow, deep gnome alike. Sovereignty back. etc etc

Hence why it might be ripe for a tie in of some kind to other places/worlds or just coincedence.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #145 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 3:17am
Print Post  
Quote:

Ok, the problem here is that Eberron is the new kid. It's a support world created specifically for D&D3...
And when they released D&D3 they just dropped all the other worlds in Favor for Eberron.
Now as they hit a wall of nerdrage, and saw that people weren't buying D&D3 due to no FR support they had to do things about it and did print some Forgotten Realms and Greyhawk stuff, but it didn't go far.

As a reminder here are the worlds and the D&D rules :
- Mystara ( Known World/Hollow World ) ( D&D ) Dead
- Greyhawk ( Oerth ) ( ADD)  (un)Dead
- Forgotten Realms ( Toril, contains also Maztica, Kara-Tur, Al Quadim and Menzzoberazzan ) ( ADD, ADD2, D&D3, D&D3.5, D&D4 ) (un)Dead
- Dragonlance ( Krynn ) ( ADD, ADD2, D20, now separate, not owned by Hasbro anymore )
- Ravenloft ( I6 ) ( ADD, ADD2 ) Dead
- Spelljammer ( All the worlds, ADD in Space ) ( ADD2 ) Dead
- Planescape ( Sigil and all the worlds ) ( ADD2)  Dead
- Dark Sun ( Athas ) ( ADD2 ) Dead

I may have forgotten one or two...  Wink Grin

Each of the worlds are supposed to be independant but they could be linked by both Spelljammer and through Sigil [ Planescape ].

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #146 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 4:39am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 17th, 2012 at 3:17am:
Ok, the problem here is that Eberron is the new kid. It's a support world created specifically for D&D3...
And when they released D&D3 they just dropped all the other worlds in Favor for Eberron.
Now as they hit a wall of nerdrage, and saw that people weren't buying D&D3 due to no FR support they had to do things about it and did print some Forgotten Realms and Greyhawk stuff, but it didn't go far.

As a reminder here are the worlds and the D&D rules :
- Mystara ( Known World/Hollow World ) ( D&D ) Dead
- Greyhawk ( Oerth ) ( ADD)  (un)Dead
- Forgotten Realms ( Toril, contains also Maztica, Kara-Tur, Al Quadim and Menzzoberazzan ) ( ADD, ADD2, D&D3, D&D3.5, D&D4 ) (un)Dead
- Dragonlance ( Krynn ) ( ADD, ADD2, D20, now separate, not owned by Hasbro anymore )
- Ravenloft ( I6 ) ( ADD, ADD2 ) Dead
- Spelljammer ( All the worlds, ADD in Space ) ( ADD2 ) Dead
- Planescape ( Sigil and all the worlds ) ( ADD2)  Dead
- Dark Sun ( Athas ) ( ADD2 ) Dead

I may have forgotten one or two...  Wink Grin

Each of the worlds are supposed to be independant but they could be linked by both Spelljammer and through Sigil [ Planescape ].

Ravenloft was linked to other worlds but by accidents only, don't think it was able to be reached intentionally.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #147 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 4:42am
Print Post  
If they introduced Sigil into DDO I would pee my pants with excitement.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #148 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 4:43am
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Jan 16th, 2012 at 9:21pm:

The only reason why it isn't fun is elves have a lower fort save.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #149 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 4:57am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jan 17th, 2012 at 4:42am:
If they introduced Sigil into DDO I would pee my pants with excitement.

Sigil would be great, but doesn't 4.0 kinda null/void it with the whole aspect change of planes?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Send TopicPrint