Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DDOCAST (Read 37840 times)
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: DDOCAST
Reply #150 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 5:04am
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Jan 17th, 2012 at 12:06am:
Yeah Spellplague basically changed the world. Netheril is back in a sense, High Imalskur (spelling) also, Mulhorand gone, Zhentil keep destroyed, neverwinter destroyed per the game, can't remember offhand name but first home to dwarves found near neverwinter, lots of other things also too many to name from memory. Few underdark cities completely destroyed dwarf, drow, deep gnome alike. Sovereignty back. etc etc

Hence why it might be ripe for a tie in of some kind to other places/worlds or just coincedence.

If you are talking about Gauntlgrym, it was not the first home of the dwarves.  In fact, the creation f it did not start until -335 DR.  The dwarves were making settlements all over before the continent of Faerun was named.

They came from Yehimal, before Abeir-Toril split.  Bhaerynden was the first great kingdom of the dwarves, which is beneath the Shaar.

That is enough history for now.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #151 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 6:56am
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Jan 17th, 2012 at 4:39am:
Ravenloft was linked to other worlds but by accidents only, don't think it was able to be reached intentionally.

Well for me Ravenloft it's I6 and I9 reprinted and extended.  Tongue

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #152 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Stainer,
At first I was skeptical about your claims, now that I have had time to think about it, I am coming around to the 'expansion' team.

Turbine could include new races/classes, new pre's and new content available to only those that purchase the expansion pack. Yes, even ViP's would be forced to buy it. This would be consistant with how turbine is handling lotro's 'expansions'.

The only thing that concerns me is why domain names for an expansion? It would make more sense to register domains for a new game. Did Turbine register domains for all their lotro expansions?

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #153 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
OMG how long till the Forgotten Realms nerds take over and start nitpicking about the weird fucking game lore that will inevitably not be followed?

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #154 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Jan 17th, 2012 at 12:01pm:
At first I was skeptical about your claims, now that I have had time to think about it, I am coming around to the 'expansion' team.

I usually don't post bullshit. Or at least you should be able to tell it is bullshit.

mystafyi wrote on Jan 17th, 2012 at 12:01pm:
Did Turbine register domains for all their lotro expansions?

Yes.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #155 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
OMG how long till the Forgotten Realms nerds take over and start nitpicking about the weird fucking game lore that will inevitably not be followed?

There will be epic trolling opportunities. Rejoice, vaulties.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #156 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jan 17th, 2012 at 12:14pm:

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #157 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jan 17th, 2012 at 12:14pm:

oh yeah, I can't wait to troll them with facts from the books with page and line numbers  that will tell the contrary of what they say...

After all FR is the only place in the (A)DD multiverse where you can find a fucking adventure for player characters 18-100.  Cool Roll Eyes

I could probably nitpick troll like a mad in the LoTRO Forums right now, but I had an overdose of MERP some 15 years ago... So It wouldn't be fun.
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2012 at 1:22pm by Flav »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #158 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I always thought I was pretty nerdy, especially since I play an online MMO based around Dungeons and Dragons, but then I came to this thread and saw the lore nerds having a lore-gasm. I now feel perfectly normal and well adjusted.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #159 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Wait... You mean those boxes that come up when you take quests... they have text in them that's important? You're supposed to read that?

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #160 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jan 17th, 2012 at 3:13pm:
I always thought I was pretty nerdy, especially since I play an online MMO based around Dungeons and Dragons, but then I came to this thread and saw the lore nerds having a lore-gasm. I now feel perfectly normal and well adjusted.

Glad I'm not the only one.  Cool

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #161 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jan 17th, 2012 at 3:13pm:

I don't. And I have no idea what these guys are saying.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #162 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 17th, 2012 at 1:20pm:
oh yeah, I can't wait to troll them with facts from the books with page and line numbers  that will tell the contrary of what they say...

After all FR is the only place in the (A)DD multiverse where you can find a fucking adventure for player characters 18-100.  Cool Roll Eyes

I could probably nitpick troll like a mad in the LoTRO Forums right now, but I had an overdose of MERP some 15 years ago... So It wouldn't be fun.

ICE made some of my favorite sourcebooks ever.  I still remember the look of horror and delight on my AD&D players' faces when they hit level 10-ish and they found out that the big dark tower that was just barely visible from a tall hill near the village where they were based was... Carn Du^m, the citadel of Angmar.

A couple of them knew that Arthedain was the kingdom that followed Arnor, but they figured I was just being lazy when I named the campaign's kingdom Arthedain.

Good times.

...anyway, I look forward to our new Underdark overlords.  Underlords?

fnord

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #163 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
I have a few players that saw the boots of the Witch King in their time...
They did remember the near encounter and kept bringing it back years after. ( at that time an encounter with said Witch King was something they were looking for... LVL 20+ at RM is powerful )

I still have my ICE MERP collection ( no way I'm going to part with it ), I'm missing 1 2nd Edition book and the 2nd Edition Screen.  ( I have all the rest, with reprints, re-editions and cover variations... well I also have several complete editions of RM, All SM ( all editions ), All Shadow World, all Cyberspace, All Silent Death, including most of the minis.  Roll Eyes )

/bragging on.
I also appear in the credits of the Shadow World Player Guide that came last year.
/bragging off.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #164 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 17th, 2012 at 3:17am:
Ok, the problem here is that Eberron is the new kid. It's a support world created specifically for D&D3...
And when they released D&D3 they just dropped all the other worlds in Favor for Eberron.
Now as they hit a wall of nerdrage, and saw that people weren't buying D&D3 due to no FR support they had to do things about it and did print some Forgotten Realms and Greyhawk stuff, but it didn't go far.

Umm.... No?
3rd edition was released in 2000.
FR 3rd edition was released in 2001.
Rich Baker won a contest in 2002 that brought Eberron into creation.
It was for 3.5 that Eberron got the spotlight, not 3.0.
But they didn't drop the other worlds.  The other worlds were already fully fleshed out, so there was little to do to them.  Eberron was a blank canvas, which is why it received the most attention.

And your list of which campaigns were/are available for which editions also has a number of errors.
Those two things in combination make this statement extremely hilarious.

Flav wrote on Jan 17th, 2012 at 1:20pm:

It's funny because your "facts" aren't facts at all, and what you're saying is contrary to the truth.
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2012 at 8:00pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #165 - Jan 18th, 2012 at 6:42am
Print Post  
Quote:

Immediately upon release.  I am picky about my lore.  Except eberron, I could care less about eberron.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #166 - Jan 18th, 2012 at 10:50am
Print Post  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #167 - Jan 18th, 2012 at 11:22am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 18th, 2012 at 10:50am:

For those of us at work, what does it say?  ...funny how I can get on the vault, but not on to the ddo forums... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #168 - Jan 18th, 2012 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Jan 18th, 2012 at 11:22am:
For those of us at work, what does it say?  ...funny how I can get on the vault, but not on to the ddo forums... Roll Eyes

Sorry.

http://tentonhammer.com/lotro/featur...2011-look-back

released 1/18/12

Bold is what I think is important.

Of particular interest in 2011 was the introduction of the Rise of Isengard expansion pack, the first paid expansion since the transition to Free-to-play. According to Kate, "We had such great results with Rise of Isengard. It was our best-selling expansion yet."

Introducing a paid expansion for a free-to-play game was something of a gamble for Turbine. Adam explained, "We didn't know how it would do and how people would respond to it." But the gamble paid off, and the question of whether or not players would plunk down money for an endgame expansion in a f2p title was answered with a resounding "yes." According to Adam, "It was our biggest expansion ever, bigger than Moria or Mirkwood, which was a pleasant surprise for all of us here. What we learned was, yes, we can do paid expansions for free-to-play games, players want that level of content, and we've learned a lot about how they go about paying for it, how to put it in the store."

This amount of success is sure to have good results in 2012. Adam and Kate had a lot more to say in this interview about the roadmap for 2012. According to Adam, "This is a big year for LotRO and DDO. There should be no doubt in anyone's mind that Turbine is firing on all cylinders right now. We like to joke about the 5th anniversary for LotRO and the 6th anniversary for DDO, but Asheron's Call has been around for 12 years. Everything we've done since the inception of these projects is with that in mind, that we're there for the long haul, and hopefully every year we'll have [an interview] like this with you, where we sorta surprise people with, 'Wow, I can't believe they're continuing to do cool stuff.'"

We'll have more details on the "cool stuff" next week.
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2012 at 11:27am by stainer »  

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #169 - Jan 18th, 2012 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jan 18th, 2012 at 6:42am:
Immediately upon release.  I am picky about my lore.  Except eberron, I could care less about eberron.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #170 - Jan 18th, 2012 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jan 18th, 2012 at 11:52am:

TBF, he probably could care less.  For instance, he could stop playing DDO altogether.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #171 - Jan 18th, 2012 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
At the risk of a serious reply and advancing a conversation for a change, how big would this have to be for you to view it an expansion worthy of purchase rather than another adventure pack?

For me, I'd think it would have to be around 2 classes and 15-18 quests and two or three raids.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #172 - Jan 18th, 2012 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jan 18th, 2012 at 12:35pm:
At the risk of a serious reply and advancing a conversation for a change, how big would this have to be for you to view it an expansion worthy of purchase rather than another adventure pack?

For me, I'd think it would have to be around 2 classes and 15-18 quests and two or three raids.

Ooooh, good question.  Why do you have to be all thought provoking and stuff?  I do think it needs to be pretty substantial to warrant a paid expansion.  I'm guessing it will be an entirely new adventure area (or areas) that you won't be able to access unless you purchase.  I would definitely like to see a few solid, multi-quest line and a couple raids that can be run on epic.  Please no more crafting.  Cry

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #173 - Jan 18th, 2012 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
I'll buy it regardless.  I'm too addicted to the game to not to, and I have a good job.  Cool

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #174 - Jan 18th, 2012 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jan 18th, 2012 at 12:35pm:

I'm p2p, so they're all the same to me - I have to buy all of my content. I did end up getting the challenges (only because of the 30% sale and 5% coupon), and have bought every adventure pack, most races, and most classes.

It will come down to the value. What will we get, and how much will it cost?

A new starting location, a new hub with 25 or more quests, new classes and races in a $30 bundle? No problem. $50? Might wait for a sale, although a +2 wisdom race would probably compel me to open up my wallet sooner.

Buying enhancements and PrEs is still crossing a line. I already paid $10 for monk. I should not have to pay twice.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 
Send TopicPrint