Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic "Permanent -30% sp costs... Alchemist bug" (Read 4664 times)
cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

"Permanent -30% sp costs... Alchemist bug"
Jan 15th, 2012 at 10:14am
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=358017

Quote:
It's been a few days now, since this (wonderful) bug is going on on my fvs: after logging out with only a few hp after a Release while wearing the Alchemist set (necklace + circlet), at the login I found out I still had the alchemist preservation discount active, even if I had full health.

And it's still going on, forever, even if I am not wearing either item anymore, I have logged out and in multiple times, etc... Essentially right now I have this permanent -30% on all sp costs. Which is awesome and crazy at the same time.

Anyone else who found this out??

Anyone tried this out? I never even bothered to farm a complete Alchemist's set.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Re: "Permanent -30% sp costs... Alchemist bug"
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Oh. Shit. I have a set, but you have to bind it to your character to get the set bonus.

Might just throw this on teh FVS to check it out.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Gloopy posted in the thread that he couldn't reproduce. Ah well - possibly one of those race condition things, if it did in fact happen to the guy.

IP Logged

substrate
Dragon Raider

Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
My guess is that it's like persistent damage bug, where you continue to take acid rain damage or Plaht device.  I've even seen it with xyzzy's bee breath before.  It seems random and rare enough that(maybe) even Turbine doesn't know how to reproduce and fix.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
substrate wrote on Jan 15th, 2012 at 3:56pm:
My guess is that it's like persistent damage bug, where you continue to take acid rain damage or Plaht device.  I've even seen it with xyzzy's bee breath before.  It seems random and rare enough that(maybe) even Turbine doesn't know how to reproduce and fix.

Sounds like it... and that bugs been around forever.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
I had the Plaht device bug happen to me not too terribly long ago on my Monk, actually.  I didn't realize it for a couple of quests, but let me tell you, it was kinda awesome to realize it just as I was running into HoX to be the chew toy.  Tongue

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Jan 15th, 2012 at 4:17pm:
I had the Plaht device bug happen to me not too terribly long ago on my Monk, actually.  I didn't realize it for a couple of quests, but let me tell you, it was kinda awesome to realize it just as I was running into HoX to be the chew toy.  Tongue 

Thankyou Oak  Cheesy

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

substrate
Dragon Raider

Reply #7 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Jan 15th, 2012 at 4:17pm:

Plaht device is easy to bug, all you have to do is kill mentau without using the soft flame trinket to suppress the globe.  If only bugging -30% sp costs was that easy.
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2012 at 5:23pm by substrate »  

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
What's the plaht device bug? Pardon my noobishness.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:

The Plaht Device effect is put on you when you do the Mentau side of Litany of the Dead and end up launched up onto the platform with Mentau.

I wasn't trying to bug anything or be fancy - I got lucky and was bounced up there on the first pull of the lever and beat him to death before I could get knocked off.  Tongue  The Plaht Device effect is, as far as I could tell, roughly indistinguishable from being inside of a Globe of Invulnerability. 

I couldn't receive any buffs but could use my Solid Fog clicky just fine, and I was, of course, immune to bees.  So I was like, "Come on down, puppy!" 
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2012 at 5:58pm by Oakianus »  

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Nice. Does it have the same spell range as globe of invulnerability? I could see some crazy exploits using it in quests like Abbot.

Now that I think about it, Inferno is blocked by a PL ioun stone as a level 4 spell. Has anyone tried a globe in there?

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #11 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Nice. Does it have the same spell range as globe of invulnerability? I could see some crazy exploits using it in quests like Abbot.

Now that I think about it, Inferno is blocked by a PL ioun stone as a level 4 spell. Has anyone tried a globe in there?

the immunity to haste does not make up the time you spend on ice islands avoiding inferno's

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jan 15th, 2012 at 6:56pm:
the immunity to haste does not make up the time you spend on ice islands avoiding inferno's

Yeah, but you get your buffs back when you step out of a globe of invulnerability, right?  I think what he's saying is that you should be able to cast a globe of invulnerability and just stand in it through Inferno if it's just a 4th level spell, right? 

I'd assume that doesn't work, but why not?

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
The way to bug out effects like ice storm is to kill the caster before they finish casting the spell, from what I can tell. If the spell effect gets applied to you at that point, there's no trigger to remove it--you have to manually log out and log in again.

If this is persisting through logouts, then it's some other variation on the bug, or some other bug entirely.

(semi-related: if you log out while dead, then when you log in you won't have your standard race/PrE buffs, like WF immunities or Savant CL adjustments).

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #14 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I had this exact same question, but I googled it first. The very first thing to come up explained it perfectly.

Just saying.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #15 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
I love the time I had the reaver's charge bug on me and I was getting mana outside the quest. It was awesome.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #16 - Jan 17th, 2012 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
I used to run around and chase/hug Babygirl in the marketplace after zoning out of the Hound when the bee animation persisted.  Made you look like Pigpen from the Peanuts cartoon and it persisted until you logged out.  Got quite a few laughs over this one.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #17 - Jan 18th, 2012 at 6:13am
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Jan 17th, 2012 at 12:43pm:
I used to run around and chase/hug Babygirl in the marketplace after zoning out of the Hound when the bee animation persisted.  Made you look like Pigpen from the Peanuts cartoon and it persisted until you logged out.  Got quite a few laughs over this one.

Why am I imagining the Benny Hill theme tune at this point? Cheesy

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jan 18th, 2012 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Jan 18th, 2012 at 6:13am:
Why am I imagining the Benny Hill theme tune at this point? Cheesy

Cause you're sick and twisted, and I like it? Cheesy

IP Logged

Terebinthia