Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Level Cap raised to 25 AND Druids! (Read 20830 times)
arkohighstar
Ex Member

Re: Level Cap raised to 25 AND Druids!
Reply #25 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:17am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:09am:
They said free I thought.

no U13 will be free, and will bridge the storylines, the expansion will be paid regardless of VIP or premium

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:17am
Print Post  
The update coming in February is free which introduces the storyline to the expansion coming in the summer is paid.

I've read that the lotro expansions were cash with the last one also being TP. So no clue how they dealing with the summer expansion.
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:17am by mudfud »  

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #27 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Infraction wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:04am:
gee, so much info from them...

turbine: "wow, big fucking thing coming, holy shit, look out"
player base: "okay, what is it"

turbine: "new world, epic levels"
playerbase: "yea, but what is it? cost? affect my current character? anything at all?"

turbine: "whee, whoo hoo, its a big fucking thing"
playerbase: "rolling eyes"

soon tm

It's called marketing.

Feed us the big news. Let us ponder it and ask questions and speculate to build buzz.

Then feed a few morsels to start to sate the hunger of the devoted fans. Still using this to create more buzz.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #28 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:19am
Print Post  
I'm pretty sure Premium Expansion means $$$.  Which for the record I have no problem with most games release one of those every year/year and a half.  DDO has given free updates for a long time they have earned the right to have a for pay one but it better be big enough to justify it.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Most people will justify big enough being lvl 25 cap increase and druids

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:24am
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:19am:
Let us ponder it and ask questions and speculate to build buzz.

I would think at least answering some basic questions would be to their benefit.

Like an outline of how epic xp will work, what lvls 21-25 broadly offer (I'm guessing mainly APs and *maybe* hp/sp/spellslot increases, perhaps epic feats.) I don't expect, of course, that you'll be able to take lvls 21-25 in a specific class, so no 17 wizard/6 fighter/ 2 monk or whatever.

A soft price range for the expansion, get the VIP ragequit threads out of the way early.

The expansion including or excluding quests at levels for all (like challenges) or mostly 18-epic?

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #31 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:27am
Print Post  
I was overly excited when I read the news from the official boards.  Yup, not enough info I know.  But I rather have it that way for now.  Remember the time the Producer said that you can grab a paralyzing shard and craft it on a weapon?  Yup, I think he doesn't want that gaffe to happen again I guess.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Who cares about druids. Who cares about the epic levels. I want to know the timeline of when we visiting faerun.

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #33 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:19am:
I'm pretty sure Premium Expansion means $$$.  Which for the record I have no problem with most games release one of those every year/year and a half.  DDO has given free updates for a long time they have earned the right to have a for pay one but it better be big enough to justify it.

New class that people have been clamoring for? Check
Level Cap Raise? Check
New adventure area/quests/raid/BOSS? Check (with reservations)

If there is a decent amount of quests/adventure area stuff. I'd say worth it!

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:37am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:09am:
They said free I thought.

U13 will be free, and will set up the expansion

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #35 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Quote:
I would think at least answering some basic questions would be to their benefit.

Like an outline of how epic xp will work, what lvls 21-25 broadly offer (I'm guessing mainly APs and *maybe* hp/sp/spellslot increases, perhaps epic feats.) I don't expect, of course, that you'll be able to take lvls 21-25 in a specific class, so no 17 wizard/6 fighter/ 2 monk or whatever.

A soft price range for the expansion, get the VIP ragequit threads out of the way early.

The expansion including or excluding quests at levels for all (like challenges) or mostly 18-epic?

Summer = June or July for release. We got 5 or 6 months too much released now will decrease the buzz closer to release. Plus Update 13 needs some time to get some buzz and response.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #36 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Quote:
U13 will be free, and will set up the expansion

Gotcha! Thank you. Smiley

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Atleast this year isn't going to be lowbie friendly with updates since it was stated "Most of the future content coming in 2012 will be for epic levels."

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #38 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:40am
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:39am:
Atleast this year isn't going to be lowbie friendly with updates since it was stated "Most of the future content coming in 2012 will be for epic levels."

This explains why the bag bug was never really addressed.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Here is how the Rise of Insegard pack was sold as TP

Rise of Isengard Expansion Content

The Rise of Isengard content will essentially be sold in three packs.

Isengard Expansion Quests – 3250 Turbine Points

Available in the LOTRO Store September 27 (Isengard Launch) for 3250 Turbine Points
Over 375 Quests and more than 40 Deeds for characters level 66-75 in the following regions

Dunland — Adventure amidst the bright forests in the foothills of the southern Misty Mountains. Beware the Dunland Clans, rugged warriors tempted by the dark promise of power.
Gap of Rohan — Battle over the legendary pass between Eriador and the plane of Rohan. This key strategic point must be defended against the ambitions of Sauron.
Isengard — Explore Orthanc, one of the iconic Two Towers as it rises over the once beautiful Isengard valley. The once beautiful vale now desecrated beyond imagination by the Wizard Saruman the betrayer.

Raid: Draigoch’s Lair – 1250 Turbine Points

Available in the LOTRO Store September 27 (Isengard Launch) for 1250 Turbine Points

Face the ancient evil of Draigoch, one of the most powerful creatures in Middle-earth! Prepare for the ultimate challenge where nothing less than the strength of an entire force of 24 heroes stands the chance of victory

Expansion Instances – 1495 Turbine Points

Available with Update 5, currently slated for December, for 1495 Turbine Points

One 12-player instance
One 6-player instance
Three 3-player instances
You can get the expansions included if you pre-order OR purchase from the online web store. However, there is no way to obtain the expansion instances pack for free with Turbine Points.

Total cost for all the Rise of Isengard content = 5,995 Turbine Points (approximately $59.95 US).

There may be an “Expansion Package” later in the year when the instances release but no news on what that may cost.
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:41am by »  

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:41am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:40am:
This explains why the bag bug was never really addressed.

Yeah but as a company they should atleast address something like that instead of flat out ignoring it and questions about it.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #41 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:38am:
Summer = June or July for release. We got 5 or 6 months too much released now will decrease the buzz closer to release. Plus Update 13 needs some time to get some buzz and response.

Seems like you know a bit about marketing.  Oh, wait, you're using common sense?  Oh...

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #42 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:43am
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:41am:
Yeah but as a company they should atleast address something like that instead of flat out ignoring it and questions about it.

Then they would have let the cat out of the bag.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:49am
Print Post  
So as its stands now to buy it with cash, The Rise of Isengard complete pack is 49.95
and you get the following
You'll get the full Rise of Isengard Expansion plus access to the following bonus items:
All three Rohirrim Style Mounts with a blanket & emblem in the colours of green, red and white
All three sets of matching cosmetic Rohirrim Style armour in the colours of green, red and white
An in-game title - Guard of the Isen
Access to the Path of the Fellowship Quest Packs including Trollshaws, Eregion, Lothlórien and Moria plus the Mirkwood Quest Pack as a special bonus
1,000 Turbine Points for use in the LOTRO Store

So basically points wil be variable based on how much you piad for your points, butif you paid full price paying cash will be cheaper and net you more.

Of course this is strictly looking at LOTRO as a past example and nothing more.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #44 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:49am
Print Post  
I'd love to know how all this is going to affect TRing. How the new enhancement system is going to work. How epic levels themselves are going to work. Are epic levels handled differently than he way 1-20 works? Will the xp curve for epic levels scale with current TR xp (i.e. need an ungodly amount of XP to get from 20-25) or are they separate and handled differently?

So many questions, and I sure as shit don't trust Fernando. I'm still waiting to move my paralyzing property off of a kama and onto something else.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #45 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:53am
Print Post  
aDifferentHandle wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 9:49am:
I was aware of a plan to change the way how Epics lead to character progression, and I'm just puzzled by the blunt instrument of a level cap raise.

If you think a level cap raise is a blunt instrument, I'd love to hear your proposal that provides meaningful, quantifiable character advancement that includes a corresponding scheme to rate high level content to identify which content is appropriate for which capped characters, and allows future advancement using the same scheme.  Because, as I'm sure you know, a fresh-off-the-boat 20th level character is a wee bit different than a multi-TR 20th level character draped with epic items.

I'll be waiting, but I won't hold my breath.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:53am by Schmoe »  

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:53am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:49am:
I'd love to know how all this is going to affect TRing. How the new enhancement system is going to work. How epic levels themselves are going to work. Are epic levels handled differently than he way 1-20 works? Will the xp curve for epic levels scale with current TR xp (i.e. need an ungodly amount of XP to get from 20-25) or are they separate and handled differently?

So many questions, and I sure as shit don't trust http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png. I'm still waiting to move my paralyzing property off of a kama and onto something else.

In the zam interview he said the trip form 20-25 will be a long one.

That being said the xp curve in general needs some serious work at the top end, that or the xp given in higher level quests needs some serious boosting

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:58am
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:39am:

There is way more low level content than is need to level right up to lvl 14 even for a double TR. It lookslike DDO is mimicing Neverwinter Nights and going to the Underdark for epic levels.

I could see Eberron as say 1-16 as main content and then FR as content above 16 long term. If they build a whole lowbie set of quests based in the FR then they fragment the current content badly.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #48 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 11:01am
Print Post  
It would be neat if they could recreate some of the Gold Box adventures in the FR setting.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 11:02am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 11:01am:
It would be neat if they could recreate some of the Gold Box adventures in the FR setting.

Atari still owns those unfortunately

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint