Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic With Epic Levels coming (Read 6394 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

With Epic Levels coming
Jan 19th, 2012 at 9:35am
Print Post  
what are your current character plans?

I think I will finish off my TRs I have going, and then stop until I see what all is going on. I have, or will have, an open character slot, so I may roll up one more wiz to have ready to TR into something. Wizzies are freaking easy to level up.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Re: With Epic Levels coming
Reply #1 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Take your Human Evoker FVS, TR 3x each into WF Wizzy and WF Sorc and then back again into a Human FVS.  Get to it old man, you only have 5 months left to grind out that 40 million xp!

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 9:39am:
Take your Human Evoker FVS, TR 3x each into WF Wizzy and WF Sorc and then back again into a Human FVS.  Get to it old man, you only have 5 months left to grind out that 40 million xp!

HAHAHAHA

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #3 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 9:43am
Print Post  
To be truthful, I don't mind having a few TRs and new characters going at once. It has been fun rolling all the 1-19 stuff with you guys.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #4 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 9:55am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 9:35am:

I think I will finish off my TRs I have going, and then stop until I see what all is going on. I have, or will have, an open character slot, so I may roll up one more wiz to have ready to TR into something. Wizzies are freaking easy to level up.

I'm probably going to TR my Wizard a second time just to pick up the extra 2 spell penetration along with both spell pen feats to get ready for all those Epic Drow.

I'll also be heading toward Conjuration + Necromancy instead of Enchantment + Necromancy just because of Web.  And then I'll cry tears of blood when Turbine adds a spell resistance check to Web in June.

fnord

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #5 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 9:56am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 9:55am:
I'm probably going to TR my Wizard a second time just to pick up the extra 2 spell penetration along with both spell pen feats to get ready for all those Epic Drow.

I'll also be heading toward Conjuration + Necromancy instead of Enchantment + Necromancy just because of Web.  And then I'll cry tears of blood when Turbine adds a spell resistance check to Web in June.

Didn't you say that the FR/Lolth/Underdark stuff was bullshit?

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Nope
Dragon Raider

Nada

Reply #6 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 9:59am
Print Post  
I'm going to have to TR my wizzy 6 (3x wizzy, 3x fvs) times to get past the drow SR.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #7 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:02am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 9:56am:
Didn't you say that the FR/Lolth/Underdark stuff was bullshit?

I don't remember saying that, but it's possible that I did.  My wife lets me know about things that I've said that I don't remember, so I'm not going to deny it if you have a strong memory of that.  Smiley

I do remember saying that I initially thought that the DDO Drow were colossal pussies, but then I realized that the giants enlsaved everyone, so they weren't quite as big pussies as I had initially thought.  That's all I actually remember saying about the Drow.

fnord

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Nope wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 9:59am:
I'm going to have to TR my wizzy 6 (3x wizzy, 3x fvs) times to get past the drow SR.

I am waiting to see what Turbine does with enhancements, xp curve etc.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #9 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:09am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:02am:
I don't remember saying that, but it's possible that I did.  My wife lets me know about things that I've said that I don't remember, so I'm not going to deny it if you have a strong memory of that.  Smiley

I do remember saying that I initially thought that the DDO Drow were colossal pussies, but then I realized that the giants enlsaved everyone, so they weren't quite as big pussies as I had initially thought.  That's all I actually remember saying about the Drow.

Sorry. I hold grudges and I have a faulty memory. Sometimes that leads me to yell at the wrong people. You are free to go now. Sorry to trouble you.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #10 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:11am
Print Post  
I don't enjoy the epic grind - I much prefer leveling TRs. There's unlikely to be any reason for me to play to 25, except maybe if I decide one character is "done" and leave it at cap.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #11 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Keep TRing Bel while continuing to farm eLoB...  Wink

$#%^& that's another life to add to the TR train... Undecided

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #12 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:19am
Print Post  
One of the math guru's needs to get to it and list what the xp requirements are going to be for the pevel progression of 21-25.  Might as well list out the XP for single and multiple TR's while you are at it based on the current curve so we can see just how painful this will be!  I'm too lazy! Cheesy

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #13 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:19am:
One of the math guru's needs to get to it and list what the xp requirements are going to be for the pevel progression of 21-25.  Might as well list out the XP for single and multiple TR's while you are at it based on the current curve so we can see just how painful this will be!  I'm too lazy! Cheesy

Hard to tell they could start 21 to 25 at 0 and call it Epic XP and have a whole new scale.  I expect it will be a big number though to keep everyone occupied.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Nope
Dragon Raider

Nada

Reply #14 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:19am:

550k-850k per level for TR3's

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #15 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:29am
Print Post  
I may be backing out of endgame stuff for a bit and instead focus on finishing my current TR's before the level bump.  Or, I may ignore my TR's until I know what changes are coming and focus all my efforts on gear.

Decisions.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #16 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:30am
Print Post  
And the best part: Following the current XP scaling totals in DDO, each of the level 20-25 quests should be worth about 1,000XP each.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:36am
Print Post  
I'm predicting that the epic xp won't diminish by repetition....unless they go and unlock epic difficulty on all quest. Epic MP could be interesting if most of the shrines were removed.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Might TR smrti into her final build now instead of waiting, depending on how the xp will work. Dukkha will probably never TR. I like his setup way too much, and my arty needs capping, as does Warcrye.

IP Logged

junkyarddog
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:49am
Print Post  
just when I thought I had my plans all set this comes up.

I guess I'll stay on course until it becomes clearer what will be done. TR wizzy and 1 bard and focus on a select number of toons to level/gear up.

I'll finish leveling my arti up just because he's damn fun to play then decide what to do with him.

Guess I'm gonna have a few new lvl 20 bank toons Cry

Badlass, Dysfunctiona TFC: Badlazz, Slyfoxx, Gezer Banned from all guilds..
Ohwell, Supdoc, noname, badlassie, others OMGBIZZY

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:58am
Print Post  
I'm going to hold off on making any end-game gear-based decisions.  I have a crafting toon that I was looking to really deck out, slot epic slots, recraft greensteel, etc...I'll instead make due with what I have or can easily get on him.

I'll double-down on my current plan for my arcane toon.  He's a 2nd life wizzy that I plan on taking 3xwiz, 3xsorc, then arti.  That toon will finish getting the gear I want this life - Torc and bauble mainly (not ToD ring though since I'm not positive he'll end up arti and don't want to waste any more time waiting for TR) then start TR'ing with immediate restarts at 20.  In any case 1 more wizard past life and 3 sorc past lives, under the current game system, with twink gear and a near 100/100/100 crafter that has 50 cannith favor...that's not a grind, that's a 4-month long party. Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:59am by Darkrok »  

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #21 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 11:03am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 9:35am:

I've been taking a break from the game.  At this point, it looks like I'll probably wait until Underdark is released and then jump back in.  When that comes, I'll finish up my Ranger's TR, work on getting my Wizard from 20 to 25, and level up my lowbie Bard in between.  Pretty much same as I was doing for the last 6 months.  Smiley

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jan 19th, 2012 at 10:29am:
Or, I may ignore my TR's until I know what changes are coming and focus all my efforts on gear.

Decisions.

It seems that every new pack brings more powerful gear than older packs at the same level. Why grind out stuff and plan slots for a level 25 character now when you will probably have to rearrange everything for some must-have items in the new content.

I wonder if there will be a new crafting system with some ML21+ gear (and slots), or will the existing ML20 Epic gear (and slots) be expected to remain the default for level 25 characters? We all know that DDO doesn't have enough incompatible crafting systems yet.
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2012 at 11:55am by Kimberlite »  

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #23 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
I need to bang out my Arti I will be TRing into on Sunday, finish my 3rd life kensai (lvl 13 currently), grind out about 750,000 epic tokens to slot all my gear, do 3x wizard lives on my wizard, re-cap my TR'd sorc (level 1 currently) and decide if I want any more past lives on my cleric who will become my druid.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #24 - Jan 19th, 2012 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
I will be waiting to laugh when people find the bug that causes levels 21-25 to delevel your character.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint