Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) P.L.I.S. (Read 14065 times)
Elegorne
DQ Assaulter

P.L.I.S.
Jan 21st, 2012 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
So, I finally TRed my 1st toon (shortly after capping my 2nd toon- yes, after 1.5 years of playing; I'm the epitome of a casual player), and, as one would expect at lvl 4, I run WW elite for BB, etc.. What wasn't expected was the PLIS I got in the end reward list  Shocked.

My question is, just how valuable is this to a toon (I know it can be very valuable to sell)? I've never run nor flagged for Abbot, only run VoN 5/6 twice across all my toons- the only places (besides ToD) that I can see it being valuable. Should I sell or unsupress?  Undecided

Side note: I don't even own The Dreaming Dark pack atm, though have plenty of TP to get it, should I choose to...

Elegorne,Wizegorne,Healegorne and some other gimp toons on Thelanis

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: P.L.I.S.
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is regarding it. Sure, absorbing 50 spell levels is nice after you upgrade it but honestly, I would auction it off as soon as I possibly could.

I think the plat for a leveling toon would be way more useful/valuable.

Edited:
One more post untill 5,000. God, I hope I don't forget and make some stupid post for it.
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2012 at 12:38pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Elegorne
DQ Assaulter

Reply #2 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Edited:
One more post untill 5,000. God, I hope I don't forget and make some stupid post for it.

Might I suggest "Hi Welcome"?  Cool

and thank you for your input.... Smiley

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Elegorne wrote on Jan 21st, 2012 at 12:26pm:
So, I finally TRed my 1st toon (shortly after capping my 2nd toon- yes, after 1.5 years of playing; I'm the epitome of a casual player), and, as one would expect at lvl 4, I run WW elite for BB, etc.. What wasn't expected was the PLIS I got in the end reward list  Shocked.

My question is, just how valuable is this to a toon (I know it can be very valuable to ****)? I've never run nor flagged for Abbot, only run VoN 5/6 twice across all my toons- the only places (besides ToD) that I can see it being valuable. Should I **** or unsupress?  Undecided

Side note: I don't even own The Dreaming Dark pack atm, though have plenty of TP to get it, should I choose to...

I got my first (and only) PLIS drop out of the trog's chest in WW pt3, normal. It was my monk's first quest (well, third) off the vet boat, and I deleted him shortly after (making sure to place the ioun stone in my chared bank first, ofc Tongue)

They generally sell for ~2mil plat, or 3-4 reds. However, I would NEVER **** one of these. They are way to hard to find a ****er for, so it'll be a while before you even have a chance to buy one back (and don't even think of pulling a second). That stone means nigh-invulnerability at low levels (note that it blocks ALL of a beholders abilities, including the Dispel portion of the antimagic cone - meaning you keep your buffs, but can't cast), and at higher levels lets you do fun things like:
Ignore the need for ToD boots - only takes off 1-2 charges each Banish attempt, depending on whether or not you saved. Also means no stun portion!
Ignore the need to dodge Abbot's inferno - less of a concern, but I hope they re-re-re-re-re-visit this raid to tone it down. Or fix the lag enough that it doesn't play any factor. Also blocks things like encasement, but that's less of a bonus compared to inferno.
Ignore Velah's breath on an Evasion toon - it blocks the huge reflex penalty, so if you can save and take no damage you can do whatever you want. IIRC, though, it takes up enough charges per breath it isn't going to last the whole raid.
eChrono CAD. Need more be said?

Edited:
Sorry for blanking out your word, but the number of "sell"s (****) in this post apparently got me flagged as a spammer. I have 2 more offenses before I'm auto-banned  Shocked
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2012 at 1:07pm by »  

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #4 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
[quote author=14273E3421550] Edited:
[/quote]
You should of thought some more on this beforehand.  Then you could of had something ready.  Their must be some topic you really wanted to discuss though.  Your a smart guy tho I'm sure you'll figure it out.
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2012 at 1:08pm by Maxwell Edison »  

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
I'd also suggest that, if you decide to keep it, you put it on a character with evasion and really high saves - it makes the stone last significantly longer, and makes the character effectively immune to all spell effects for a while.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jan 21st, 2012 at 1:07pm:
You should of thought some more on this beforehand.  Then you could of had something ready.  Their must be some topic you really wanted to discuss though.  Your a smart guy tho I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Your evil.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #7 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
As someone who gave away a PLIS to someone who was a dear friend but has long left the game, I would keep it, certainly for a while. Plat is cheap, and with crafting so is twink gear. PLIS are hard to come by.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
It really depends on where you stand economically speaking.  Are there some big ticket items that you could get out of trading your PLIS that you don't have right now?  If there's something that immediately comes to mind, then you should probably swap it out.  But if not, you're unlikely to ever see one come around again, so I'd keep it. 

If you put it up for auction in a trade thread in the forums or something, you're looking at a lot more than is being said here, at least.  I'm not exactly an expert on the economy, but on Khyber I put a bid of 5 FRDS on a PLIS and got handily outbid.  Tongue

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jan 21st, 2012 at 1:07pm:

Oh God Damn.

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
They only sell for 2.1 mil plat because that's the cap on AH bids. You should be able to get into the 3-5 mil range with an open auction, or the equivalent in FRDS/larges.

IP Logged

PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Reply #11 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Ok, so start by assuming I'm an idiot.  Then please tell me what a PLIS is.

Tarrant can suck my boobies.  On second thought, they are far too soft and supple for the likes of him.  Tarrant, you can GFY while having hopeless pathetic dreams of my boobies.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #12 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Being that you are a casual player auctioning it off is the way to go. It is a great item, more more of a finiishing touch item on a completely geared toon than an item to build around in my opinion.
Also since you are casual I would go more for plat and LDS than FRDS. Minimum 2k pp and 6 LDS also there are +3 tomes floating around that have more value to casuals than more extreme plays, and often are not advertised since people might distrust how they were obtained. I heard of someone trading 4 +3 tomes for a pale lavender on Argo

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
PlaidPooka wrote on Jan 21st, 2012 at 5:56pm:

Pale Lavender Ioun Stone. Spell absorption item.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #14 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
They only sell for 2.1 mil plat because that's the cap on AH bids. You should be able to get into the 3-5 mil range with an open auction, or the equivalent in FRDS/larges.

Except for the fact that end reward PLIS's are BtA.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

green00_00
Butterface

DDO Vault Failure

Reply #15 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 6:04pm
Print Post  

if you are broke and need money for basic gear/pots/scrolls for leveling toons, you can get a good amount of money out of them.  id recommend hanging onto it.  if you find yourself TRing in the future, its really nice for lower levels where casters spaming magic missiles and the like can be problematic.  its especially helpful if you solo alot.  the longer ive played this game, the more ive found out that plat is easy to come by through questing and AHing, but rare loot doesnt come every day so its worth holding onto when you pull it.

if you do want to get rid of it, id try to trade it for some lesser loot that will greatly improve your toons like the bloodstone, spectral gloves, planar girds, etc.
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2012 at 6:04pm by green00_00 »  

[Color=red][Size=6][b][center]But you'll notice, not butterdick[\center][\b][\Size][\color]

Apparently I cannot figure out signatures.

IP Logged

PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Reply #16 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Pale Lavender Ioun Stone. Spell absorption item.

Thanks!  I know what that is.  I've only ever pulled a blue.
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2012 at 6:07pm by PlaidPooka »  

Tarrant can suck my boobies.  On second thought, they are far too soft and supple for the likes of him.  Tarrant, you can GFY while having hopeless pathetic dreams of my boobies.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #17 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I got my first (and only) PLIS drop out of the trog's chest in WW pt3, normal. It was my monk's first quest (well, third) off the vet boat, and I deleted him shortly after (making sure to place the ioun stone in my chared bank first, ofc )

I did the same thing. except I forgot that last step before I deleted him.

The first thing I bought after that was the shared bank. I still cry every time I see someone with a PLIS.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #18 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
aDifferentHandle wrote on Jan 21st, 2012 at 6:03pm:
Except for the fact that end reward PLIS's are BtA.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Pale_Lavender_Ioun_Stone (supressed) -- Binds to Account on equip

http://ddowiki.com/page/Pale_Lavender_Ioun_Stone_%28unsuppressed%29 -- Bound to Character on acquire

The dropped version doesn't bind immediately, the crafted version is bound to character immediately upon altaring[sic] it.

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Merrick wrote on Jan 21st, 2012 at 6:40pm:
http://ddowiki.com/page/Pale_Lavender_Ioun_Stone (supressed) -- Binds to Account on equip

http://ddowiki.com/page/Pale_Lavender_Ioun_Stone_%28unsuppressed%29 -- Bound to Character on acquire

The dropped version doesn't bind immediately, the crafted version is bound to character immediately upon altaring[sic] it.

Any item found on certain end reward lists (waterworks, Sharn Syndicate, Tangleroot, etc.) are ALWAYS BTA. I hadn't even thought about that. There MIGHT be an exception for the PLIS, but I think the OP should go check.

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Jan 21st, 2012 at 6:37pm:
I did the same thing. except I forgot that last step before I deleted him.

The first thing I bought after that was the shared bank. I still cry every time I see someone with a PLIS.

Oooh, ouch.

When I was new, I won one of those "Hind-and-Seek" games that sometimes pop up. My total wealth before the game was some korthos gear, a +1 flaming shortbow of backstabbing, and 50 odd plat. Then I won 100k.

When I realized that my rerolled character had the bow, but not the plat, I was very, very sad.

It's not at the same level now, but believe me - 100k to someone at that level of game experience is painful to lose.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #21 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
PlaidPooka wrote on Jan 21st, 2012 at 5:56pm:

Dispel's favorite thing.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Elegorne
DQ Assaulter

Reply #22 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Any item found on certain end reward lists (waterworks, Sharn Syndicate, Tangleroot, etc.) are ALWAYS BTA. I hadn't even thought about that. There MIGHT be an exception for the PLIS, but I think the OP should go check.

It's "Binds to Account on equip" as it sits right now; I believe it binds to character on upgrade (may be wrong on that one)

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #23 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Elegorne wrote on Jan 21st, 2012 at 7:27pm:
It's "Binds to Account on equip" as it sits right now; I believe it binds to character on upgrade (may be wrong on that one)

That's how the one I upgraded yesterday worked.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Reply #24 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Jan 21st, 2012 at 7:15pm:
Dispel's favorite thing.

I figured it was easier if I just said it myself, and got it out of the way.  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint