Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) SWTOR - a month in... Thoughts? (Read 2679 times)
Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: SWTOR - a month in... Thoughts?
Reply #50 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 3:57am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 12th, 2012 at 11:12am:
VoN was added after release. It was MOD 1 I believe.  TS was included at release.

BTW, I'm also enjoying the hell out of TOR especially after switching servers.  I'm a bit disappointed Ranked PvP slipped from 1.2 but otherwise I'm psyched to get home and try 1.2.  We are hitting EC at 9 tonight should be fun.  Two majot content releases since December sets a good trend especially considering the in between updates usually are fairly hefty too.

Was thinking Tempest Spine was included in the original, but in my memory it was closed so often, sometimes it slips into the "second raid added" spot somehow. Also, VoN was the first module, you are correct. I remember that clearly because of all the excitement of it actually becoming Dungeons and DRAGONS then.

As for 1.2, I'm having fun playing with the silly toys they added that do next to nothing, like the family tree, and the ability to boost yourself with all four class buffs if you've gotten through the storylines of the four different classes. Even made a republic character to try out how they work on the opposite faction. It gives you the appropriate buff for your faction, even if you got the bonus from the other faction.

Of course, the computer I started on took about 12 hours to update, because of some silly bug with the updater, so didn't have much time to play.

This computer I'm on now managed to finish the patch in less time than it took for me to grab and eat breakfast.

IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 5:15am
Print Post  
Huh...

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120412-1

I suppose this could make for some interesting conversation.

Highlights:

Anybody with an activate account on April 12, 2012 ,12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 21, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT gets a free tauntaun.

Anybody with an active account and level 50 character on April 12th, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT gets a free month of play time.

Anybody who said fuck this shit and left can try it again between April 13th, 2012 at 12:01AM CDT / 5:01AM GMT through April 19th, 2012 at 11:59PM CDT / April 20th, 2012 at 4:59AM GMT.

IP Logged

Combat Wombat
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 10:53am
Print Post  
anyone still playing?

IP Logged

Anslet
Waterworks Kobold

I'm not conceited, I'm
convinced.

Reply #53 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 11:04am
Print Post  
I'm not. The failfest continues beyond 1.2. Also the fact that they are sending folks emails letting them play for free until the 20th reeks of BW trying to pad  numbers for another fiscal report.

Fuck that, D3 comes out in a month which should keep me busy for a little bit. I'm not picky or looking the the next 'best thing' to play, just something to do on my downtime.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #54 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Yep, 1.2 is an awesome patch.  Still having a lot of fun.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #55 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Still playing... until the prepaid card expires... then I'll see.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #56 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 3:38am
Print Post  
Nope, I logged in to see what 1.2 was all about.  It isn't anything worth sticking around for.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #57 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Still playing. Some of the event content is entertaining...though pvp is sorta fucked atm.

This is a throw down...a show down...

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #58 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Epoch you wanna mail some creds to my imp alt before your account expires? I don't need millions or anything. lol. just enough to help with gear.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #59 - Apr 22nd, 2012 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Gornn wrote on Apr 21st, 2012 at 10:59pm:
Epoch you wanna mail some creds to my imp alt before your account expires? I don't need millions or anything. lol. just enough to help with gear.

What is the toon name, i can send a few hundred k if my account is still active.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Gornn
Horoluth Raider

Cracker Fiend

Reply #60 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Codename

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Still playing on Hedaar Soongh. World First 8m EC HM wut wut!

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #62 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 2:10pm:
Still playing on Hedaar Soongh. World First 8m EC HM wut wut!

Gratz...  we are up to the final boss on SM but our progression got set back a bit by some attrition prior to 1.2.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #63 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Apr 22nd, 2012 at 12:07pm:
What is the toon name, i can send a few hundred k if my account is still active.

If you made 50 you likely have a free month coming...

Quote:

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 2:15pm:
Gratz...  we are up to the final boss on SM but our progression got set back a bit by some attrition prior to 1.2.

If you're having issues on Kephess 8m switch to 16m. Its so ez even CKN could do it. Pulsars have the same health on 8 and 16, Kephess only has 100k more HP, Walker has barely more also, Gift of the Masters does no damage lawl. 16m is a snooze fest. Don't even need to tank swap if you treat him like Karagga.

We're streaming 8m HM tonight on MMOmechanics channel if you wana watch. Also if you have mumble or something I can hop in and give any advice if you want. Just PM me.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2012 at 2:31pm by Sergod »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #65 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 3:55am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 2:16pm:
If you made 50 you likely have a free month coming...

I made 50 a few times.  Two were full rakata and two full battlemaster.  I didn't get a free month though, my account is inactive.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Mithran
Baghdad Bob

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - May 8th, 2012 at 10:17am
Print Post  
I'm still playing. I tried to quit a month or so ago and went back into DDO. The graphics in SWTOR, particularly in relation to DDO, are superb. There's a heavy emphasis on pvp (I've been on Jedi Covenant, there's The Hand of the Black Tower and Twilight Avengers, there).

Ideal would be a setting the size of SWTOR, Character Creation and Combat from DDO and boy, do I miss being able to teleport.

The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #67 - May 8th, 2012 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Mithran wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 10:17am:
I'm still playing. I tried to quit a month or so ago and went back into DDO. The graphics in SWTOR, particularly in relation to DDO, are superb. There's a heavy emphasis on pvp (I've been on Jedi Covenant, there's The Hand of the Black Tower and Twilight Avengers, there).

Ideal would be a setting the size of SWTOR, Character Creation and Combat from DDO and boy, do I miss being able to teleport.

Travel is a bitch.  Having Security vendor fleet passes helps.  I'm hoping for a Bracelet of Friends type legacy unlock.

Quote:

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #68 - May 24th, 2012 at 12:06am
Print Post  
still playing & got 1 capped & 4 almost
notes for 1.3 came out recently, actually lookin forward to it
like seeing all the class line stories
free month was nice

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 10:07am
Print Post  
F2P?

The Old Republic lead designer discusses the competitive MMO marketplace and how The Old Republic might use a free-to-play model.

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/discuss/star-wars-the-old-republic-we-are-looking-at-fr...

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #70 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 10:10am
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Jun 15th, 2012 at 10:07am:
F2P?

The Old Republic lead designer discusses the competitive MMO marketplace and how The Old Republic might use a free-to-play model.

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/discuss/star-wars-the-old-republic-we-are-looking-at-fr...

Vague non-committal comments are vague.

Quote:

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #71 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 10:11am
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Jun 15th, 2012 at 10:07am:
F2P?

They could as well depilate their legs, it will have the same effect to me. I have so much of absolute no time, the 6 hours week DDO must be enough.

IP Logged

Bazinga
Stormreaver Piker

Suck it Bay! Bay!

Reply #72 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 18th, 2012 at 11:14am:
Yep, 1.2 is an awesome patch.  Still having a lot of fun.

You sad sad sad sad punch drunk fuckwad.

peddle your STWARes elsewhere

I really have to tip my hat to you though. It is absolutley clear that you will actually be the last person playing the star wars MMO on this planet.

But worry not young Padoowan !! For the universe will be yours.... all wrapped up in a tiny wad of nobody gives a shit.... OOOO goood for you.

(MissaMissa mister paddywan missa missa know what he knows)

majmalphunktion wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 11:06pm:
Wow, you love me. There has been two big lag fixes in the past week. No, those are not going out with a hotfix. They are more wide ranging and take more time to test.
Of course every time you get like this, I keep wondering where your MMO is so I can play it. Obviously you know excatly how to piece one of these together. I can't keep apologizing a gazillion times for the back end tech and things people did on this game before I was even an employee. So one last time, yes some of the stuff from the before times sucks. Sorry about that. Yes we know, stop building new systems. Yes we know, finish the ones out there. Yes we know you hate bards.

And screw you for bringing up the laid off folks. That sucks every time. I made sure all my people landed in other jobs real quick. None of my 'casualties' are unemployed, just sadly not employed by Turbine. Every business goes through this.Even Valve has layoffs. It sucks every time. If you haven't had to do it then you just don't know. Picking people and knowing you are about to turn their life upside down is terrible, every time.
Not giving a bleep. No, I stop listening when the bile starts. Not worth my sanity. You know my rule, treat me like a human and I'll do the same back. When the rage train starts...cya.
So here is my peace out of the vault for a while. Thanks for the list Ranger, that was actually clear and helpful.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #73 - Jun 16th, 2012 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
Bazinga wrote on Jun 16th, 2012 at 8:55pm:
You sad sad sad sad punch drunk fuckwad.

peddle your STWARes elsewhere

I really have to tip my hat to you though. It is absolutley clear that you will actually be the last person playing the star wars MMO on this planet.

But worry not young Padoowan !! For the universe will be yours.... all wrapped up in a tiny wad of nobody gives a shit.... OOOO goood for you.

(MissaMissa mister paddywan missa missa know what he knows)

It's nice having a fan/stalker.  You want me to send you a picture.  Although I am disappointed my stalker is autistic.
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2012 at 11:15pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #74 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 12:00am
Print Post  
To be fair, SWTOR will happily take your money even when you are the last one playing.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint