Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) SWTOR - a month in... Thoughts? (Read 2709 times)
Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: SWTOR - a month in... Thoughts?
Reply #75 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 12:15am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 16th, 2012 at 11:12pm:
It's nice having a fan/stalker.  You want me to send you a picture.  Although I am disappointed my stalker is autistic.

Wow. If a man is judged by his fans, then I pity you, Eladiun.

In TOR related news, I'm having a lot of fun as well. Especially Monday, when I got to see my server (Corellian Run, for those who care) grow in in leaps and bounds, until there were more people in the Imperial Fleet than there are in all of Rifts. (Yeah, I know, not a big achievement) Was awesome listening to guild commentary, until I went to the fleet try to get some flashpoints done. Oh, man, the spam was insane! Thousands of people all shouting for guilds, groups, and random chatter all at once! Definitely was amusing trying to keep track of it all.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #76 - Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:00am
Print Post  
I logged in and found I was 1 of 6 people on the server!  Then I transferred all my guys to the new server.  Then, I went to bed because I was bored.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #77 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 5:52am
Print Post  
Hey, what server were people on again? I have been forced to move a drogas pleasure barge.  I see no pleasure here.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 5th, 2012 at 5:52am:
Hey, what server were people on again? I have been forced to move a drogas pleasure barge.  I see no pleasure here.

I'm on Corellean Run as Empire.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #79 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 8:35am
Print Post  
I don't remember where I'm on now... I was on Trask Ulgo and followed my guild moving somewhere else.

Anyway, a Merge is a Merge is a Merge is a Merge, be it forced or done at your will.

6 Month and it's already merge time, not good... DDO Europe lasted at least a Year and a half before they merged the 5 servers into 2.

Oh and as I'm bored to death doing Fed-Ex quests, I'm not spending a lot of time in SWTOR...

DDO Patch day was my first day since the Server Merge... as DDO was down.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Bazinga
Stormreaver Piker

Suck it Bay! Bay!

Reply #80 - Jul 7th, 2012 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
It's funny cuz Eladian is a fag !!

And he's nutz

majmalphunktion wrote on Apr 26th, 2014 at 11:06pm:
Wow, you love me. There has been two big lag fixes in the past week. No, those are not going out with a hotfix. They are more wide ranging and take more time to test.
Of course every time you get like this, I keep wondering where your MMO is so I can play it. Obviously you know excatly how to piece one of these together. I can't keep apologizing a gazillion times for the back end tech and things people did on this game before I was even an employee. So one last time, yes some of the stuff from the before times sucks. Sorry about that. Yes we know, stop building new systems. Yes we know, finish the ones out there. Yes we know you hate bards.

And screw you for bringing up the laid off folks. That sucks every time. I made sure all my people landed in other jobs real quick. None of my 'casualties' are unemployed, just sadly not employed by Turbine. Every business goes through this.Even Valve has layoffs. It sucks every time. If you haven't had to do it then you just don't know. Picking people and knowing you are about to turn their life upside down is terrible, every time.
Not giving a bleep. No, I stop listening when the bile starts. Not worth my sanity. You know my rule, treat me like a human and I'll do the same back. When the rage train starts...cya.
So here is my peace out of the vault for a while. Thanks for the list Ranger, that was actually clear and helpful.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #81 - Jul 18th, 2012 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
So I tried the f2p out.

You have to close within like 50 feet or so to shoot someone with a frakking blaster rifle?

You have to have a target selected to even shoot?

You can't be moving to use force lighting and have to be at point-blank range?

Is there a way to actually pick attributes/skills/proficiencies?

Some of the story bits are entertaining, though the quests I looked at make for your toon being the most gullible being in the two universes. Dude 1 says he needs something. Dude 2 says Dude 1 is lying...somehow Dude 2 is instantly trustworthy?
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2012 at 3:14pm by »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #82 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 5:07am
Print Post  
Quote:
So I tried the f2p out.

You have to close within like 50 feet or so to shoot someone with a frakking blaster rifle?

You have to have a target selected to even shoot?

You can't be moving to use force lighting and have to be at point-blank range?

Is there a way to actually pick attributes/skills/proficiencies?

Some of the story bits are entertaining, though the quests I looked at make for your toon being the most gullible being in the two universes. Dude 1 says he needs something. Dude 2 says Dude 1 is lying...somehow Dude 2 is instantly trustworthy?

This is why everyone likes ddo.  It is hard to leave the first person shooter aspect for something like that.  It really is what sets ddo, despite the massive issues, above and beyond other mmos.

When you get to level 10 of the 4 classes you choose 1 of 2 professions.  Each profession has 3 trees.  You can max out in one tree and dip into tier 2 of a second or dip into tier of a second and third.  If you don't want to max a tree (which i s perfectly fine for pvp and solo play - don't try that shit for raiding though) you can go crazy in all 3 trees.  Takes 31 to max a tree and you get 41 points.  5 points to access the next tier for each tier.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #83 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 7:31am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 19th, 2012 at 5:07am:
This is why everyone likes ddo.  It is hard to leave the first person shooter aspect for something like that.  It really is what sets ddo, despite the massive issues, above and beyond other mmos.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1340917043

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #84 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 7:34am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Jul 19th, 2012 at 7:31am:

I played Guild Wars.  After the fucking pitiful piece of shit that game was, I am not paying to play guild wars 2.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #85 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Jul 19th, 2012 at 7:34am:
I played Guild Wars.  After the fucking pitiful piece of shit that game was, I am not paying to play guild wars 2. 

That's actually how I felt about Gw1 as well.
Seriously.  Do a youtube search.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #86 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Apparently specializing as a marksman means you can shoot from 35m away instead of 30m.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #87 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 9:57am
Print Post  
Quote:
Apparently specializing as a marksman means you can shoot from 35m away instead of 30m.

Snipers are even worse :/

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Quote:

My main is a sharpshooting gunslinger.... 35 meters is plenty far.

The PvP in swtor is really fast-paced and intense, and the skill level to be successful at it, dwarfs anything DDO has to offer. Unfortunately you won't be able to see much of this during the free trial you have... level 15 is just too damn low.

Some classes are alot harder than others though.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #89 - Jul 19th, 2012 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Milton wrote on Jul 19th, 2012 at 11:03am:
The PvP in swtor is really fast-paced and intense, and the skill level to be successful at it, dwarfs anything DDO has to offer. Unfortunately you won't be able to see much of this during the free trial you have... level 15 is just too damn low.

Seeing that big honking energy rifle can only shoot 30m and does trifling damage on individual shots...can slap them upside the head with the butt for more damage...then I can see that, for me, the game is...not something I'm interested in. Suspension of disbelief in favor of game balance to that extent is too much...especially when your str-dump halfling can throw a dagger as far as you can see. That's a bit too far in the other direction, but a direction I'm willing to go with especially since I have no str-dump halfings spec'd for thrown weapons.

Playing balloon tag with high-powered laser pointers could be your thing, that's cool, it just isn't mine.

IP Logged

Mithran
Baghdad Bob

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Mar 3rd, 2014 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Anyone else still playing? I moved a character over to Gawna's server and then she abruptly stopped playing, I think. I have 10 on Jedi Covenant.

The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #91 - Mar 8th, 2014 at 4:55am
Print Post  
My characters are untouched since rakata gear was endgame. I loaded up a couple months ago and all my gear no longer exists in the game (aside from what I have and possibly what others have), none of my old comms exist, and there wasn't a place to trade any of that in - or sell it. So I said fuck it and logged back out and haven't logged in since.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #92 - Mar 8th, 2014 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 8th, 2014 at 4:55am:
My characters are untouched since rakata gear was endgame. I loaded up a couple months ago and all my gear no longer exists in the game (aside from what I have and possibly what others have), none of my old comms exist, and there wasn't a place to trade any of that in - or sell it. So I said fuck it and logged back out and haven't logged in since.

Wow, so they actually deleted gear?

If DDO had done that to Greensteel a couple years ago, I probably would have quit DDO too.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

kierg10
Shroud Slacker

Cuddly wuddly cats

Reply #93 - Mar 8th, 2014 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
SWTOR was a bad MMO....it was fun first play through, but was extremely repetitive, and not worth repeating.

Terebinthia wrote on Feb 17th, 2014 at 9:26pm:
the Wayward Lobster is a retard petting zoo.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #94 - Mar 8th, 2014 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Mar 8th, 2014 at 10:07am:
Wow, so they actually deleted gear?

If DDO had done that to Greensteel a couple years ago, I probably would have quit DDO too.

Yeah, it is pretty lame. It had potential, much like ddo.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #95 - Mar 8th, 2014 at 5:03pm
Print Post  

It's a great free single player/occasional grouping game. I hear the endgame can be fun but I'm not interested in subscribing or buying temporary passes to access it.

My favorite part was general exploration of places like Hoth and Tattoine. They really captured the feel of Hoth well.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2014 at 5:08pm by Strakeln »  

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

tekel bayi
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Dilemma!

Reply #96 - Mar 8th, 2014 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
So this is not what I'm looking for. I would like to play something that is included by SW but guess a game like jedi academy would fit more. KOTOR was awsome even tho lots of bugs. I can drink more instead of paying for a shit.  Angry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint