Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Update 13 has reached Lamannia (Read 27715 times)
cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Re: Update 13 has reached Lamannia
Reply #25 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I have no effing idea what caused them to do that with ioun stones. They were perfect as-is. Now they're just lame, another thing to grind for.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #26 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
I think this also clarifies why they rushed out that last patch....

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Wow, those are pretty senseless changes to the boots, especially the morale thing.  Sad  How shit.

IP Logged

junkyarddog
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 3:23pm:
Tomes now stay after a TR

this is the best news yet for me. I've yet to tr anyone and this is the hold up.

I've got a number of toons from the "soon" days of shroud after shroud. some of which have 4+ +3 tomes used. 2 build points wern't enough for me to think about tr ing these toons. guess i've got some planning to do  Roll Eyes Cool Huh
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:25pm by junkyarddog »  

Badlass, Dysfunctiona TFC: Badlazz, Slyfoxx, Gezer Banned from all guilds..
Ohwell, Supdoc, noname, badlassie, others OMGBIZZY

IP Logged

Elegorne
DQ Assaulter

Reply #29 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm not so sure how I feel about the ioun stone drops. I liked the "holy grail" type of items, that are ridiculously hard to find and very useful, but not at all OP (pretty much only PLIS, VPIS, and eRoSS).

Considering that I pulled a PLIS a week ago(see other thread here- reckon I know what I'm gonna do with it now ) this sums it up; all in all, though, if all these changes make it to live I will be more of a happy panda (one with a dot circling his head), then a sad one

Edit: Goddamit Oak!!!
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:34pm by Elegorne »  

Elegorne,Wizegorne,Healegorne and some other gimp toons on Thelanis

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Elegorne wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:33pm:
Considering that I pulled a PLIS a week ago(see other thread here- reckon I know what I'm gonna do with it now http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Smoak.png) this sums it up; all in all, though, if all these changes make it to live I will be more of a happy panda (one with a dot circling his head), then a sad one

Edit: Goddamit Oak!!!

Quick, sell that shit before people find out!

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
changed one of the few luck based items into another grind.  bad move on the ion stones

IP Logged

Elegorne
DQ Assaulter

Reply #32 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:39pm:
Quick, sell that shit before people find out! 

Too fucking lazy...I'll upgrade it and keep it around, methinks...unless you wanna give, like, 20 scales for it? Roll Eyes

Elegorne,Wizegorne,Healegorne and some other gimp toons on Thelanis

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #33 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
livefreeordie wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:40pm:
changed one of the few luck based items into another grind.  bad move on the ion stones

I'm kind of split on this one.  In two years, leveling 7 or 8 first lifers and 5 TR's I saw one drop.  They always were grindable you just had to farm low level quests till your eyes bled.  I assume even as a end reward some will still be very rare while the +6 stat crappers will be common.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #34 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
My take on the monk-centric changes:

stainer wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 3:22pm:
Monk melee attack ranges have been increased while moving forward or chasing a target.

Love this,  now if I'll actually be able to run up and hit something running at me instead of us both having to stop and turn around I will be ecstatic.
Monks and unarmed characters will no longer proc dual wield or double strike attacks when using Trip, Sunder, Stunning Blow, or other special attacks, making them consistent with other classes. Special "monk-only" abilities are unaffected by this change.

Probably going to be a big stink raised about this but doesn't bother me.
Monks will now resume their attack sequence a little faster after performing a buff-style finishing move.

A nice change but nothing I've really had too much of a problem with it.

IP Logged

Cabocleer
Korthos Resident

Um, yeah, whatever.

Reply #35 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
I like a lot of that.  I don't think I've even heard of anybody who'd made a Shield of Legend.  Most of them are obsolete by lvls >18, it's nice that it'll be a little easier to get them.

A bunch of those seem to be either bug fixes or really-stupid-grind fixes.  Not sure how I feel about the Ioun stones,  but it certainly makes running the series a better option.

Thx for posting up, Max.

Making it weirder for some time now.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
The buff-style move will apply to Kukan-Do, I presume.  So that's pretty awesome.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #37 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Cabocleer wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:57pm:
I like a lot of that.  I don't think I've even heard of anybody who'd made a Shield of Legend.  Most of them are obsolete by lvls >18, it's nice that it'll be a little easier to get them.   

This will be great for Tome Pages and Sigil pieces.  The shields are obsolete before you purchase them.  You can Cannith Craft better shields.

Quote:

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #38 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 4:57pm:
stainer wrote Today at 1:22pm:
Monks and unarmed characters will no longer proc dual wield or double strike attacks when using Trip, Sunder, Stunning Blow, or other special attacks, making them consistent with other classes. Special "monk-only" abilities are unaffected by this change.
Probably going to be a big stink raised about this but doesn't bother me.

I'm not too worried about the trip, sunder, etc.  I'm glad they didn't mess with ToD though.  It's always fun to hit ToD and then spin and hit 2 or 3 mobs for 750 a pop.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2012 at 5:05pm by Belwaar »  
IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
This may only affect my play style but:

Quote:
Necrotic Ray is no longer subject to Spell Resistance

I keep that spell on my bar specifically to debuff once or twice before a FoD on tough mobs.  With the spell point adjustment on it (10sp w/ no meta's) I can turn off all meta's for just that spell, Necrotic Ray, SLA-nuke something (usually use the AoE one on the Necrotic Ray target), Necrotic Ray, FoD.  If I'm in a hurry I can shoot off the no-meta ray followed immediately by a FoD.  When I'm using it there's usually a big return on it...up to situations where I would have failed if the mob rolled a 19 or 20 and now only fail on the 20.  Most people do an enervate or energy drain but I've found I normally don't need those and the sp costs are higher at 25sp for enervate or 50 for energy drain.  And the efficiency of levels drained per sp isn't that far off - 12.5 on average for enervate and 10 on average for energy drain.  Given that both of the will still have Spell Resistance applied while the Ray will not...that just makes it a no-brainer.  Unless it's against a low Spell Resistance enemy or you need to drain levels in a hurry a no-meta Necrotic Ray will be the way to go.
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2012 at 5:28pm by Darkrok »  

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 3:35pm:
Hooray!  My Heavy Pick specced Kensai will finally be better at something than a Khopesh specced Kensai!

You're assuming they'll have more than 10 DR  Grin

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 3:47pm:
Have you not done a TR with bravery? I never get less than 3000 a life, and I should end up near 3800 this life since I'm seeing how far I can push my streak.

TRing with bravery is fast. TRing with bravery but making sure to hit EVERY SINGLE QUEST ALONG THE WAY is still supa slow Tongue some of us despise not being 20 for lenghty periods of time Cry
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2012 at 5:39pm by sweez »  

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 5:26pm:
This may only affect my play style but:

I keep that spell on my bar specifically to debuff once or twice before a FoD on tough mobs.  With the spell point adjustment on it (10sp w/ no meta's) I can turn off all meta's for just that spell, Necrotic Ray, SLA-nuke something (usually use the AoE one on the Necrotic Ray target), Necrotic Ray, FoD.  If I'm in a hurry I can shoot off the no-meta ray followed immediately by a FoD.  When I'm using it there's usually a big return on it...up to situations where I would have failed if the mob rolled a 19 or 20 and now only fail on the 20.  Most people do an enervate or energy drain but I've found I normally don't need those and the sp costs are higher at 25sp for enervate or 50 for energy drain.  And the efficiency of levels drained per sp isn't that far off - 12.5 on average for enervate and 10 on average for energy drain.  Given that both of the will still have Spell Resistance applied while the Ray will not...that just makes it a no-brainer.  Unless it's against a low Spell Resistance enemy or you need to drain levels in a hurry a no-meta Necrotic Ray will be the way to go.

The necro ray change made me wet, that spell is seriously underrated when it comes to dps - with a heavy necro spec most mobs won't save and won't have any resistance to it. Gonna happily use it on epic drow once u13 hits Cheesy

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
sweez wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 5:45pm:
The necro ray change made me wet, that spell is seriously underrated when it comes to dps - with a heavy necro spec most mobs won't save and won't have any resistance to it. Gonna happily use it on epic drow once u13 hits Cheesy

Yeah, at 10sp's for around 125, 250, 500+ damage (save, no save, crit no-save) it's a nice extra damage option to throw in with the sla's as well.  Max+Empower on it is very nice damage as well though the sp is a bit high for my play style and toon.

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 5:49pm:
Yeah, at 10sp's for around 125, 250, 500+ damage (save, no save, crit no-save) it's a nice extra damage option to throw in with the sla's as well.  Max+Empower on it is very nice damage as well though the sp is a bit high for my play style and toon.

Ooooh... yay... another level 6 spell for my Sorc to try to fit in... Smiley

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Ooooh... yay... another level 6 spell for my Sorc to try to fit in... Smiley

If you haven't already drop GH.  Then let the bard cast or sing it and if you need it on yourself carry a stack of scrolls.

Another interesting thought just came to me on this too.  If there's no spell resistance on this and it confers a negative level regardless of a saving throw, that would mean that Necro Ray scrolls just got a HECK of a lot better for toons that can UMD.  Any toon with the necessary UMD can now give 1 neg level every 6 seconds.  My DDO wiki says they're not on vendors though so unless that's changed you'd have to be collecting for quite awhile to abuse that.

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 6:00pm:
If you haven't already drop GH.  Then let the bard cast or sing it and if you need it on yourself carry a stack of scrolls.

Another interesting thought just came to me on this too.  If there's no spell resistance on this and it confers a negative level regardless of a saving throw, that would mean that Necro Ray scrolls just got a HECK of a lot better for toons that can UMD.  Any toon with the necessary UMD can now give 1 neg level every 6 seconds.  My DDO wiki says they're not on vendors though so unless that's changed you'd have to be collecting for quite awhile to abuse that.

Disintegrate/Reconstruct/Chain Lightning. I could drop Reconstruct, but I find the cooldown on the scrolls painful - and being able to quickly bring someone up without swapping anything around (and getting them up by 100-150 points more than a scroll) can make a big difference.

Edit: and I've already given up on ever having access to Circle of Death, Flesh to Stone, or Mass Suggestion already.
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2012 at 6:05pm by »  

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Besides the new quests and such, the only good thing about this update is keeping tomes after TR's and the lvl 7 veteran status.

They are making farming not even worthwhile. While I understand why everyone wants certain ioun stones, that was what made it great, the farm and hope of getting one. Same with every chain quest that is being changed to every 3 times completed.

Pretty soon we'll be able to get capped alts the pace they going or get named items off store.

IP Logged

furbyoats
Stormreaver Piker

One stroke at a time...

Reply #48 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
So...the prices on unbound +3 tomes just got a boost...

Ungood wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 2:17pm:
Queens don't have dicks.

Atenhotep wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:56am:
I spend every evening naked in a fetal position crying because my penis is so small.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Or wait till they make a comeback in ddostore. They are actually worth the price now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint