Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Update 13 has reached Lamannia (Read 27633 times)
Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Update 13 has reached Lamannia
Reply #50 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 6:09pm:
They are making farming not even worthwhile. While I understand why everyone wants certain ioun stones, that was what made it great, the farm and hope of getting one. Same with every chain quest that is being changed to every 3 times completed.

You enjoy farming? Most view it as a necessary evil imposed on us by the developers, that gets in the way of having fun.

I play enough that I have no trouble getting almost any non-raid named gear from those quests. I had a Carnifex and some Golden Cartouches long before I had characters that needed them, and I while my first pair seemed to take forever, I have enough things like Visors and Stonedust Handwraps now as well.

Those unlucky people who have run Deleras 20 times in vain, looking for a carnifex are going to be happy about this. The poor buggers who will ransack Eyes of Stone on normal for weeks on end looking for the handwraps will be delighted about this. I'm pretty pumped if things like the Marks will show up on the Lordsmarch list, because the white marks just won't drop for me.

There are a few items that are rare enough that it initially feels like doOOOoooOOOmmmMMMmm to give them away in three casual runs, like the Twisted Talisman. However, I think it makes sense given the upcoming increase in the level cap. If someone has ground out the scroll, seal, and shard, why make them ransack a lowbie protection quest for a Twisted Talisman? Given how many quests there are now in the game, why make it so difficult to obtain end rewards that are great for a few mid-range levels, but are not gear that you would normally be using by level 20?

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #51 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
furbyoats wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 6:42pm:
So...the prices on unbound +3 tomes just got a boost...

They'll be wanted more, but only once per character. Seems like it would just be a spike to begin with and then level off again.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
I like all the changes except for the boots. WTF. I guess I don't care anymore about grinding for a pair.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #53 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
furbyoats wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 6:42pm:
So...the prices on unbound +3 tomes just got a boost...

Long term, I think this is going to drive the prices of +3 tomes down.  Once people have all the +3 tomes they want, there's no reason to have them at all anymore.  I've already determined that the reward for 1750 favor is 9 Purified Eberron Dragonshards for Cannith crafting since I'm never going to eat one of those BtC +2 tomes again.

fnord

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 6:53pm:
You enjoy farming? Most view it as a necessary evil imposed on us by the developers, that gets in the way of having fun.

I play enough that I have no trouble getting almost any non-raid named gear from those quests. I had a Carnifex and some Golden Cartouches long before I had characters that needed them, and I while my first pair seemed to take forever, I have enough things like Visors and Stonedust Handwraps now as well.

Those unlucky people who have run Deleras 20 times in vain, looking for a carnifex are going to be happy about this. The poor buggers who will ransack Eyes of Stone on normal for weeks on end looking for the handwraps will be delighted about this. I'm pretty pumped if things like the Marks will show up on the Lordsmarch list, because the white marks just won't drop for me.

There are a few items that are rare enough that it initially feels like doOOOoooOOOmmmMMMmm to give them away in three casual runs, like the Twisted Talisman. However, I think it makes sense given the upcoming increase in the level cap. If someone has ground out the scroll, seal, and shard, why make them ransack a lowbie protection quest for a Twisted Talisman? Given how many quests there are now in the game, why make it so difficult to obtain end rewards that are great for a few mid-range levels, but are not gear that you would normally be using by level 20?

Before TR's came along farming for the odd/end item for a character was what kept me interested in ddo. Imagine if I would have gotten a end reward item I was really looking for in 3 tries. Then I'd probably be taking months off at a time between updates.
Some stuff is super rare and they should have just upped the rate more or in the instance of ioun stones give them a set place to drop, but the whole thing of do the quest 3 times simplifies the game alot for the people who are more casual.

Don't get me wrong, after I play the shit out of the new quests I plan on getting pales for all my alts that don't currently have them, so I'll be in there with 24 characters till ransack unless the end reward for 3rd time doesn't ransack. And also doing mindsunder for some of those named as well. Can't ever have enough alts with those gloves. :p

And I'll probably even do some lordsmarch or harbor of madness chain for that damned puppy bracers.
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2012 at 8:57pm by mudfud »  

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 6:53pm:

In 2 years, I've yet to pull a Carnifex or a Red Scale. At least now I can fix one of these.

IP Logged

green00_00
Butterface

DDO Vault Failure

Reply #56 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Fixed a bug where some items with the Pure Good, True Law, and True Chaos effects were able to be equipped by characters of the wrong alignment.

does this mean that monks that arent of a good alignment will not be able to equip pure good wraps anymore?  i really hope not.  pure good seems to be a pretty good catch all when bleed isnt effective.  i really dont want to have to start carrying a million more different wraps with different suffixes with a million more hotbars so i can change out wraps a million more times for every different goddamned mob i run into.  monks have fairly limited wrap options available compared to all other melees so i dont really see monks being able to equip PG as being OP in any way.

and im totally not going to use my +4 tome until a few months after the update.  i pretty much expect people to TR and have their tomes disappear. 

« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2012 at 9:12pm by green00_00 »  

[Color=red][Size=6][b][center]But you'll notice, not butterdick[\center][\b][\Size][\color]

Apparently I cannot figure out signatures.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 8:56pm:
And I'll probably even do some lordsmarch or harbor of madness chain for that damned puppy bracers.

And the Mindfury Symbiont. I can farm, but it isn't as much fun as leveling. I have a hard time running a quest more than twice in a row. After farming a quest, I usually don't want to even go near it for a month or more.

Now that they've made it easier to get, did anyone check if Terror got nerfed yet? Also, why not make the 20th raid end rewards lists show every item? People wanted that more than lowbie gear after three tries.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
I've been in groups with a Terror user. It still killing stuff like crazy. Seems like every other swing.

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Ooooh... yay... another level 6 spell for my Sorc to try to fit in... Smiley

Well, it's not really that great on a non-PM, since only PMs get enhancements for necro damage. It's still OK on other arcanes, but on a good DC PM it's now basically a polar ray that drains a level and has full damage spec without any investment outside of what you take for PM anyway Cheesy

Prolly not worth taking on a sorc tho

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Disintegrate/Reconstruct/Chain Lightning. I could drop Reconstruct, but I find the cooldown on the scrolls painful - and being able to quickly bring someone up without swapping anything around (and getting them up by 100-150 points more than a scroll) can make a big difference.

Edit: and I've already given up on ever having access to Circle of Death, Flesh to Stone, or Mass Suggestion already.

You could stop running in groups that still think it's 2010 and use WF tanks Grin Tongue

IP Logged

Kracky
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 7:38am
Print Post  
Yeah a right mixed bag.

Tomes staying thru TR..10/10
Ioun stone better drop rates...8/10
End rewards every three quests..7/10
Cause Axer to have forum rant...11/10

Nerf..Deadly Weapons..1/10
Nerf Madstone Boots  ...0/10

Oh i know the game system obviously favours  melees grotesquely atm so we will do something to redress the balance ????????
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2012 at 7:39am by Kracky »  

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #62 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Kracky wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 7:38am:
Nerf Madstone Boots  ...0/10

Oh i know the game system obviously favours  melees grotesquely atm so we will do something to redress the balance ????????

I predict that it won't last.  Enough people are up in arms about it that I expect them to change the boots back to something that stacks with Rage.   It may not be untyped anymore, so no double procs, but should still stack with Rage.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 8:29am
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 8:18am:
I predict that it won't last.  Enough people are up in arms about it that I expect them to change the boots back to something that stacks with Rage.   It may not be untyped anymore, so no double procs, but should still stack with Rage.

This is what I don't get, though.  By upping it, it essentially has Rage "Built in."  I was pretty unhappy about it myself, until I found out that it's got the same +2/+2 that you'd expect from Rage.  Now I really don't get the outrage.  Sad

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #64 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 9:41am
Print Post  
It doesn't stack with the Barbarian rage.  That's why everyone's pissed.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Oh, well who cares about that?  Barbarians are useless anyway.

IP Logged

Nevynn
Horoluth Raider

Badgertastic!!

Reply #66 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Kracky wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 7:38am:
Nerf..Deadly Weapons..1/10

Hold up there...I seem to have missed this in the release notes.  WTF did they do to my Deadly Weapons?

WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #67 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 8:29am:
This is what I don't get, though.  By upping it, it essentially has Rage "Built in."  I was pretty unhappy about it myself, until I found out that it's got the same +2/+2 that you'd expect from Rage.  Now I really don't get the outrage.  http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Smoak.png

1) It no longer stacks with itself so there is no Double Madstone.
2) Previously, the proc timer reset every time you were hit.  It no longer does.  It will proc then not proc again till after it expires and you take the debuff much less efficient for tanks.  Not sure if you have to wait out the debuff for a new proc.
3) The -4 to Int, Wiz, and Cha make it nearly impossible for most builds to use SF pots and boots.
4) They become a huge buff to Twocock and WF FVS builds while fucking every melee who ever farmed them.
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2012 at 9:53am by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #68 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Nevynn wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 9:49am:
Hold up there...I seem to have missed this in the release notes.  WTF did they do to my Deadly Weapons?

1d10 Force Damage I believe.

Edit:  1d8 Actually.  Main hand only.
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2012 at 9:52am by Eladiun »  

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #69 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 10:06am
Print Post  
My planar gird gh isn't stacking with the spell cast by the party wizard this game sucks! Big deal about the Madstone "nerf" (it's more a nerf of the rage spell anyways).

Shade got my wings clipped so I support a scorched earth policy when it comes to nerfing Barbarians, a class I have despised forever. I enjoy hearing the cries of distress from the class that hulks out but can still drink potions. If the boots are changed back they need to make at the very least silver flame, remove curse, and all  guild potions undrinkable by anyone who is madstoned.

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #70 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 8:29am:
This is what I don't get, though.  By upping it, it essentially has Rage "Built in."  I was pretty unhappy about it myself, until I found out that it's got the same +2/+2 that you'd expect from Rage.  Now I really don't get the outrage.  http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Smoak.png

UMD/bluebar vs Silver Flame pots seems to be the general gist.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #71 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 10:18am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 10:06am:
My planar gird gh isn't stacking with the spell cast by the party wizard this game sucks! Big deal about the Madstone "nerf" (it's more a nerf of the rage spell anyways).

I just find it extremely aggravating that it seems nothing gets fixed but they spend a lot of hours fucking with stuff that has been in game and not really an issue for years.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #72 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Quote:
UMD/bluebar vs Silver Flame pots seems to be the general gist.

I had boots on my Xploiter.  It was a choice.  Have the extra HP or have the UMD and etc.

Changing them so you can UMD with them seems fucktarded.

Quote:

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 10:20am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 8:36pm:
Long term, I think this is going to drive the prices of +3 tomes down.  Once people have all the +3 tomes they want, there's no reason to have them at all anymore. 

not to worry, ddostore will be selling +4 tomes for a limited time for the expansion sale. before anyone gets mad, they will have a +5 tome added to the lloth raid. Wink

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 9:51am:
1d10 Force Damage I believe.

Edit:  1d8 Actually.  Main hand only.

1d8 is too low but honestly the clusterfuck of a spell that was the current Deadly Weapons obviously couldn't stay.  With the new implementation it'll basically be the only weapon buff I pass out in 99% of the quests that don't need DR breaking.  And it will now stack with PBS.  And work on Monks. 

Non-warchanter pure bards can add +7 damage per swing.  I think that's a good target for Deadly Weapons so 2d6 would be just about right.  Especially since this is main-hand only.  1d8 does feel a little small but I'll live with it as long as it fixes the stupid that was the current deadly.  Adding 5d6 to certain players while only adding 1d6 to others made little sense.  Having it not work on Monks was par for the course and then you had the 'will I be in PBS range/won't I' game that Arti's had to play...I don't view this as a straight-up nerf as much as it's just a fix that isn't calibrated to my liking yet.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint