Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Madstone Boots Not Nerfed After All... (Read 20414 times)
kmack
Ex Member

Madstone Boots Not Nerfed After All...
Jan 27th, 2012 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4281304&posted=1

Quote:
The changes to Madstone Rage all began with an intention to fix the effect such that you would no longer be prevented from using items like item clickies, Incense Torches and Lesser Restoration potions.

Quote:
We didn't anticipate the effect this would have on characters that rely on Silver Flame potions for healing, and certainly didn't intend to proxy-nerf them.

Quote:
Finally, the bonuses to Strength and Constitution were changed to be Morale-type mainly because of the situation of being able to stack the on-demand clicky with the proc chance on the item. That's why the stat buffs were increased to compensate. But this does have the effect of making them not stack with many other sources of Rage-like Strength and Con buffs, so changing them to a Profane bonus is something we're considering. The clicky and proc still won't stack, but the buffs will stack with most other outside sources.

To sum up: we're definitely going to change how we approach the modifications to Madstone Rage here, so please offer your thoughts on the above possibilities, and we'll come to the decision that seems to make the most sense. And thank you all for the frank feedback: this is what Lamannia is for.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Re: Madstone Boots Not Nerfed After All...
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
So...we're changing it back, but the proc still doesn't stack. Gay.  It's still a nerf, although it's minor in the grand scheme of things...

In that case...

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Does anyone at Turbine actually play the game? At least they're taking feedback now more than they were for awhile.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
yet another proof that a Single Raging Shade can make modifications happens when 100 frothing at the mouth clerics are not listened.

bleh, it disgust me.
Shade is not the majority of the players of DDO,
( well in that specific case he seemed to be raging like many other... )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
I know a lot of people don't like him (I'm indifferent), but this was a stupid nerf.  I'm glad to see they're at least considering feedback regarding it.

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Why are clerics frothing at the mouth? Must have missed that

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #6 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 1:58pm:
I know a lot of people don't like him (I'm indifferent), but this was a stupid nerf.  I'm glad to see they're at least considering feedback regarding it.

Agreed. Can't casters cast spells now while Madstone Raging?

If so, it's now a fairly minor nerf for melees and a nice buff for casters.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

ThePM
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 1:49pm:
yet another proof that a Single Raging Shade can make modifications happens when 100 frothing at the mouth clerics are not listened.

bleh, it disgust me.
Shade is not the majority of the players of DDO,
( well in that specific case he seemed to be raging like many other... )

True

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #8 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Roll Eyes fucking Shade.  Smiley

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #9 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Isn't tha Abashai set a profane boost?

Hmm. Wiki thinks so:

"5 Item Set Bonus: Profane Natural Armor Bonus +3, Profane Strength +3, Profane Constitution +3, Evocation Caster Level Bonus +3, Epic Conjuration Focus (none of this stacks with other profane typed bonuses except the caster level bonus)"

Also that little kobold buffing dude. I sense more nerdrage incoming.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #10 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
For good or ill, I think the biggest thing that brought this change on was the mention of not being able to run torches, barrels, or teleporters when madstoned.  Making a change this major though and not doing a class by class breakdown of how it will effect players before you even begin coding it is dumbfounding to me.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #11 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
That and spending dev time on something trivial to help out people who can't figure out shit for themselves.

"Oh, I can't run torches while Madstoned". /recall out.  Re-enter. "Madstone boots off".

See how easy that was?  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #12 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 2:44pm:
For good or ill, I think the biggest thing that brought this change on was the mention of not being able to run torches, barrels, or teleporters when madstoned.  Making a change this major though and not doing a class by class breakdown of how it will effect players before you even begin coding it is dumbfounding to me.

Yeah. If this is the rationale, it's potty. Or we have 455,000 more challenges incoming.

Madstone and kill stuff and get someone else to run torches, or don't madstone. It's not bloody rocket science. A self healing toon is much more useful in there anyway. *shrug*

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #13 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 2:44pm:
Isn't tha Abashai set a profane boost?

Hmm. Wiki thinks so:

"5 Item Set Bonus: Profane Natural Armor Bonus +3, Profane Strength +3, Profane Constitution +3, Evocation Caster Level Bonus +3, Epic Conjuration Focus (none of this stacks with other profane typed bonuses except the caster level bonus)"

Also that little kobold buffing dude. I sense more nerdrage incoming.

I wouldn't know...I can't pull an eChrono scroll to save my life..  Embarrassed

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #14 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 1:44pm:
Does anyone at Turbine actually play the game? At least they're taking feedback now more than they were for awhile.

You know, this is something that always does suprise me.  There are legitimate ideas out there, well thought out, well received, well liked, and GOOD ideas of changes from PLAYERS.  Instead we get things like changes to Madstone boots..... could they have built better? yes!  But they have been around so long that they are a staple AS IS.  They should have left them be AS.

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Why not leave it as an enhancement bonus? Or whatever it is now?

Or just change the coding on your stupid torches. And lesser restore pots? You can drink guild pots all the time, and they're generally cheaper than the normal ones.

Fucking retards...

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #16 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 2:47pm:
That and spending dev time on something trivial to help out people who can't figure out shit for themselves.

"Oh, I can't run torches while Madstoned". /recall out.  Re-enter. "Madstone boots off".

See how easy that was?  Roll Eyes

OR FOR FUCK SAKE, they can fix the stupid as workaround hack code that turned everything into a spell action.  All potions used to work like guild pots until they wanted to make it so you could use them on other people then they changed them to fucking spells.  What they should have fucking done is modify the GD engine to create a new action type.  To this fucking day, anything that's an action is a fucking spell.  Clickies, pots, torches....    FIX THE FUCKING ENGINE so it supports no spell actions.  But NO.  This is fucking Turbine and their fucking clown management.  Instead, they use fucking hack workarounds for every goddamn thing and the wonder why shit breaks or doesn't FUCKING work as expect half the fucking time.  Why constant bugs and exploits?  BECAUSE the entire fucking game is a string of GOTO statements and //HACK:  Revisit Later comments are on 75% of the function calls.
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2012 at 3:04pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

TheSaint
Korthos Resident

Gobbles!

Reply #17 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
It's always funny as shit to be doing Ice legit and watch the person beside you get hit by the darts and their madstones go off.

You just know that you've got about 5-7 seconds and you're about to be swimming in death.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #18 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 3:01pm:
OR FOR FUCK SAKE, they can fix the stupid as workaround hack code that turned everything into a spell action.  All potions used to work like guild pots until they wanted to make it so you could use them on other people then they changed them to fucking spells.  What they should have fucking done is modify the GD engine to create a new action type.  To this fucking day, anything that's an action is a fucking spell.  Clickies, pots, torches....    FIX THE FUCKING ENGINE so it supports no spell actions.  But NO.  This is fucking Turbine and their fucking clown management.  Instead, they use fucking hack workarounds for every goddamn thing and the wonder why shit breaks or doesn't FUCKING work as expect half the fucking time.  Why constant bugs and exploits?  BECAUSE the entire fucking game is a string of GOTO statements and //HACK:  Revisit Later comments are on 75% of the function calls.

Or that... Cheesy

DDO is more about learning to work around the coding than actually just playing the game.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #19 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 3:20pm
Print Post  

Uh oh.  Looks like somebody's got a case of the Mondays.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
That's still fucking retarded.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Sounds pretty fucking good to me.  And I don't think that this can possibly be said to be a change just for Shade's sake.  There have been ten-thousand threads about this shit.

ETA: And I'm really glad that they're considering the -2 DCs instead of the -4 stats.
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2012 at 3:41pm by Oakianus »  

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 4:19pm
Print Post  

I remain convinced that the reason certain bard songs don't work on robots or the rotting is because they're coded as tavern food/drinks. Smiley

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #23 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
What I don't get is...why fucking change the boots?

If you can't run torches with them on, don't fucking wear them. The amount of stupid in that reasoning blows my mind.

ARGHHHH. Fuck off. ARGHHH!

Now, that said, I don't use them anymore anyway, since all my toons have UMD/self healing/ac etc.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #24 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 5:46pm:
What I don't get is...why fucking change the boots?

If you can't run torches with them on, don't fucking wear them. 

This is what I was thinking too.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint