Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Madstone Boots Not Nerfed After All... (Read 20441 times)
Scupperer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Madstone Boots Not Nerfed After All...
Reply #50 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Shade wants Madstone Boots to work in Cove.  MadFloyd agrees.  Unnamed designer makes Madstone Boots work by nerfing them.  It's Corrupt-A-Wish, DDO style!

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #51 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
My rogue has 5 pairs, so he'd love to be able to umd/use clickies/etc while under the effect Cheesy

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #52 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 6:31am
Print Post  
Is it possible to get a list of Shade's posse? I'm getting dizzy trying to keep track of his little boy's club.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #53 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 7:43am
Print Post  
Rasczak wrote on Jan 30th, 2012 at 6:31am:
Is it possible to get a list of Shade's posse? I'm getting dizzy trying to keep track of his little boy's club.

If you ask him, every healer, bard and caster with extended haste on Khyber, possibly those on other servers too.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Rasczak wrote on Jan 30th, 2012 at 6:31am:

Just look for the list of 2-stat, slam in with no thought, grind= skill, Hjeel meh game-play advocates.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #55 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
[QUOTE=MadFloyd;4293532]Madstone Rage will not be changing with U13.

Regardless of what you see on Lamannia today, when U13 goes live there will be no change compared to what's on live today.

Thanks again for all your feedback. [/quote]

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 2nd, 2012 at 4:38pm:
No Change At All

Well, that's mildly depressing.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #57 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Feb 2nd, 2012 at 4:39pm:
Well, that's mildly depressing. 

Bullshit...  it's great news.  Leave my boots the fuck alone.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #58 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 2nd, 2012 at 4:46pm:

I had plans to Occupy Turbine! So much for my protesting days.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #59 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Sad for my Pally, better than the change for my monk.  Really liked the idea of madstone rage suppressing metamagics (but not turning them off, let that SP get wasted).

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 4:51pm
Print Post  

Nah, the change was fixing something that was and shall remain obviously broken while also giving the boots greater utility.  Their first swing at it was clearly a miss, but it's still sad when the hordes of whiners get their way and no progress is made as a result.  Sad

IP Logged

Combat Wombat
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Feb 2nd, 2012 at 4:51pm:
Nah, the change was fixing something that was and shall remain obviously broken while also giving the boots greater utility.  Their first swing at it was clearly a miss, but it's still sad when the hordes of whiners get their way and no progress is made as a result.  http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Smoak.png 

the correct fix to this was to change the way torches work not some halfass fix that changes established gameplay mechanics to work around their incredibly poor planning

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #62 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Combat Wombat wrote on Feb 2nd, 2012 at 4:55pm:
the correct fix to this was to change the way torches work not some halfass fix that changes established gameplay mechanics to work around their incredibly poor planning

Yeah but based on Maj's statement in the Verik's etc. thread there is no way he would allow something like that to be tackled this late in a patch cycle.

Quote:

IP Logged

Combat Wombat
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 2nd, 2012 at 4:58pm:
Yeah but based on Maj's statement in the Verik's etc. thread there is no way he would allow something like that to be tackled this late in a patch cycle.

then leave it alone? somehow we survived without the change up until now I suspect we can make it bit longer without ritual suicide becoming the only option
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2012 at 5:00pm by Combat Wombat »  

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Combat Wombat wrote on Feb 2nd, 2012 at 4:55pm:

I was talking about the fact that it would fix the double Madstone thing while still giving enough of an extra boost to stats that it would be worth it as far as the buggy behavior is concerned, tbh. 

Though if you can't see why changing fundamental properties of the way that items work in the game system might not be preferable to changing the behavior of a single buff, then you might not have ever heard of software development before.  I urge you to find some books or websites to read before you continue.  For your own sake.

IP Logged

Deeds
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadFloyd 

Madstone Rage will not be changing with U13.

Regardless of what you see on Lamannia today, when U13 goes live there will be no change compared to what's on live today.

Thanks again for all your feedback.
doom averted, gj Madfloyd!!!!

Also, penis.

IP Logged

Elegorne
DQ Assaulter

Reply #66 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
They had the nerve to post this while Shade is banned on vacation?? How can he bask in his own pseudo-glory and claim credit for this decision?!?!?

For some reason, I can hear the sound of a head exploding in someone's basement right about now... Cheesy

Elegorne,Wizegorne,Healegorne and some other gimp toons on Thelanis

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #67 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 2:48pm:
I wouldn't know...I can't pull an eChrono scroll to save my life..  Embarrassed

Me either... I think I've four or five total since the bleedin' quest came out. But. ya the set be a profane bonus...

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #68 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 2:48pm:
I wouldn't know...I can't pull an eChrono scroll to save my life..  Embarrassed

Farm that bitch on a Wizard...  it's easy.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #69 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Feb 2nd, 2012 at 5:00pm:
Though if you can't see why changing fundamental properties of the way that items work in the game system might not be preferable to changing the behavior of a single buff, then you might not have ever heard of software development before.  I urge you to find some books or websites to read before you continue.  For your own sake.

While what you say is true in some cases, it's not in this case mostly because you lack a fundamental understanding of the issue and software development.

Back, when the game released it had all the same potions it does now but they were all self only.  This led to a running joke about the usefulness of a Remove Paralysis potion that you can't use bacuse you are paralyzed.  So, the devs went out and fixed potions...by making potions spell actions.  The result is that you can use them on other people simple fix.  Well, six years later numerous items still use this same fundamental hack.  Which I believe has lead to numerous bugs and other issued because if your only tool is a hammer...

So, yeah, in some cases you maybe right fix the item.  In this case, no, it well past the time where they modify the engine so clickies, potions, and misc. have their own action types and aren't just hacked in a spells.

Quote:

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #70 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Feb 2nd, 2012 at 5:00pm:

Honestly, that can only ever be a good idea with extensive and exhaustive QA.  It's a huge investment if you don't want to risk borking up tons of other stuff.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 12:50am
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Feb 2nd, 2012 at 10:13pm:
Honestly, that can only ever be a good idea with extensive and exhaustive QA.  It's a huge investment if you don't want to risk borking up tons of other stuff.

To play off of this, Eladiun, is that really a priority right now?  I agree, it's a kludge and something that they ought to work on fixing in the long term, but they're currently rolling out a huge, exciting expansion and are basically catering to the player's needs all over the place in U13.  It seems like a bad time to dig that deeply into the system and implement a new feature that is absolutely, 100% guaranteed to have at least a few minor bugs and probably a few major bugs, no matter how much QA tests it. 

There probably isn't ever a good time to fix something like that, to be honest.  The system that's in place works fine with very few exceptions, and those exceptions could be fixed if people weren't all whiny about their precious boots.  Sad

IP Logged

Rasczak
Stormreaver Piker

Instant Human...Just Add
Coffee

Reply #72 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 4:17am
Print Post  
It was all a nefarious plot to ban Shade.

The next update, barbarians can't use weapons while raged. I foresee massive entertainment.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #73 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 4:58am
Print Post  

Here Here!

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #74 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Feb 3rd, 2012 at 12:50am:
To play off of this, Eladiun, is that really a priority right now?  I agree, it's a kludge and something that they ought to work on fixing in the long term, but they're currently rolling out a huge, exciting expansion and are basically catering to the player's needs all over the place in U13.  It seems like a bad time to dig that deeply into the system and implement a new feature that is absolutely, 100% guaranteed to have at least a few minor bugs and probably a few major bugs, no matter how much QA tests it. 

There probably isn't ever a good time to fix something like that, to be honest.  The system that's in place works fine with very few exceptions, and those exceptions could be fixed if people weren't all whiny about their precious boots.  http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Smoak.png

As a programmer I can say it really depends how you look at it and what is actually in the future updates.  The reality is when you hack in a short term fix (we all do it) that becomes a standard part of the engine...it's bad m'kay.  If you keep building on top of that bad foundation you just get more inconsistent crappish. 

Quote:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint