Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 47 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Pay 2 win (Read 281932 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Re: Pay 2 win
Reply #575 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Quote:
Here is how I perceive it and Strake can come in and correct me if I'm wrong.  As mods, there are certain things that we can view (without doing any extra work or stalking) that a normal member cannot.  IP addresses, the email address you used to sign up with, that kinda stuff.  If it is not something that is viewable to the masses, I don't disclose it in a public place. 

Sometimes I do some extra legwork - for instance, I got a PM with request for information and I didn't know the OP.  So I checked the IP address to see if they matched the known Turbine IP (it didn't).  Then I went over to the other fucking forums and checked their forum name and posts just to see who they were. 

The general rule in the past has been that you can post any information that a simple Google search of the OP's name would bring up (i.e. Dispel's furry website).  It is never ok to post social security numbers, credit card numbers (that means you, Jaxx), etc. that could create a real life serious problem for the person.  So any information that I picked up from the registered person's IP or email address would be off limits as that is not information that is known to the Vault members without a mod account.

Hope that answers your question.  If not, feel free to shoot me a PM.  Smiley

You know what you can post?

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Kracky
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #576 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 11:49am
Print Post  
IBTL....oh shit..wrong forum

''Messiah..he's not the Messiah..he's just a very very naughty boy''

IP Logged

Bahgoon
Stormreaver Piker

Get off my lawn!

Reply #577 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Kracky wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 11:49am:
''Messiah..he's not the Messiah..he's just a very very naughty boy''

So, were you a virgin when you had him?   Cheesy

The various modes of worship which prevailed in the Roman world were all considered by the people as equally true; by the philosopher as equally false; and by the magistrate as equally useful.   - Edward Gibbon

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #578 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Here is how I perceive it and Strake can come in and correct me if I'm wrong.  As mods, there are certain things that we can view (without doing any extra work or stalking) that a normal member cannot.  IP addresses, the email address you used to sign up with, that kinda stuff.  If it is not something that is viewable to the masses, I don't disclose it in a public place. 

Sometimes I do some extra legwork - for instance, I got a PM with request for information and I didn't know the OP.  So I checked the IP address to see if they matched the known Turbine IP (it didn't).  Then I went over to the other fucking forums and checked their forum name and posts just to see who they were. 

The general rule in the past has been that you can post any information that a simple Google search of the OP's name would bring up (i.e. Dispel's furry website).  It is never ok to post social security numbers, credit card numbers (that means you, Jaxx), etc. that could create a real life serious problem for the person.  So any information that I picked up from the registered person's IP or email address would be off limits as that is not information that is known to the Vault members without a mod account.

Seems reasonable enough (Not that I was going to start a crusade if I thought otherwise).

Mucha Gracias.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #579 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 12:17pm:
Seems reasonable enough (Not that I was going to start a crusade if I thought otherwise).

Mucha Gracias.

WHAT?!  No pitchforks and torches?  I am disappoint.

Hehe, no worries.  I know sometimes the lines get a little fuzzy when it starts raining drama around here.  Smiley

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #580 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:
WHAT?!  No pitchforks and torches?  I am disappoint.

Hehe, no worries.  I know sometimes the lines get a little fuzzy when it starts raining drama around here.  Smiley

You know what you can shove on a stick and set on fire?

Wait. No, second thought I don't like where this is going.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #581 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You know what you can shove on a stick and set on fire?

YOUR NUTS!  Grin

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #582 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I'm so confused!  I thought the mods' responsibility was to make the Cavern available for all members.  I suppose Ink might disagree, though.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #583 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Is it me, or does it feel like Khyber is short one pompous ass?

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #584 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 12:45pm:

It's not like we have a shortage...

Grin

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Keyser Söze
Ex Member

Reply #585 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
@ Arkat

How do you get over the annoyance of having to reset the new post flags when you switch back and forth between your forum accounts.  That must be annoying.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #586 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
@ Arkat

How do you get over the annoyance of having to reset the new post flags when you switch back and forth between your forum accounts.  That must be annoying.

So amazeballs!

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #587 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
@ Arkat

\o/

omg the groucho marx masks.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #588 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 12:56am:
If it was somehow possible to anonymously show up with a group of people with whom you hang out, insult people without them knowing your identity and do so just to protect your reputation, I would gladly call someone a little bitch for doing so. 

I'm more than willing to pop off in real life.  The last time I remember saying something similar was when someone was being a dick to a cashier at my local Dollar General, and I told them that there was no need to be a dick in a fairly disdainful tone.  It got me a dirty look from the guy and a few cracked jokes with the cashier after the guy left. 

I'm not a tough guy for doing so, but I've never had anyone try to take a swing at me over it or anything of the sort.  It's not that often that you run into people engaging in the kind of truly shitty behavior that would cause me to call them on it, when you're not on the Internet.  But I'm not generally afraid of telling people that they're being dickheads or being a bitch. 

I'll admit that I ramp it up a bit for trolling purposes, like when I was calling Zippo a piece of shit and goading him into anger.  But even that is something that I've been willing to do with folks in the past, truth be told.  Though to be fair, in most of those situations it was someone I knew couldn't take a swing at me for various reasons.  Still, it's not something that I'd particularly shy away from if I had to put up with someone who was that big of a consistent dipshit. 

Feel free to believe me or not, I don't give a shit.  I'm more than willing to call people out on being complete shitheads.  If you really want me to give you the annotated edition of each of my uses of 'little bitch,' I can gladly go ahead and break it down.  But I'm not here to win arguments.  I'm just here to have fun and throw myself into arguments, win or lose.  If calling someone a little bitch when they're being one makes my arguments less sound, I'm okay with that.

But I am what I am, like it or lump it.  I don't always think I'm right and I'm willing to apologize when I'm not, but I'm also not terribly afraid of confrontation when someone's engaging in shitty behavior, and that's trebly true when I'm somewhere that I consider to be part of a community that I'm in, like the Vault.  Them's just the facts.

Well, I can't say that I expected you to own it.  That's okay, I was kind of hoping that would be the case  Smiley

Since you won't follow your advice, we're going to play a little game.  Essentially, I'm going to bring the potential of getting your ass kicked into your Vault experience.  Here's how it will work:

From this point forward, any time I feel you have made another ITG post, I will roll a 20-sided die.

2-20: Nothing happens
1: you ran into that one guy in 20 who would love nothing more than to crank that shit to 11.  Roll 1d20 for damage.

Damage Roll
20: You beat the ever living piss out of dude.  The person you ITG'd gets squelched for 1 week.
19: You won the fight.  The person you ITG'd gets herpaderped for 1 week.
18: Fight turned out to be a bunch of chest-puffing.  Nothing happens.
17: Fight turned out to be a bunch of chest-puffing.  Nothing happens.
16: Fight turned out to be a bunch of chest-puffing.  Nothing happens.
15: Fight turned out to be a bunch of chest-puffing.  Nothing happens.
14: Fight turned out to be a bunch of chest-puffing.  Nothing happens.
13: Fight turned out to be a bunch of chest-puffing.  Nothing happens.
12: Fight turned out to be a bunch of chest-puffing.  Bonus roll next time.
11: Fight turned out to be a bunch of chest-puffing.  Bonus roll next time.
10: Fight turned out to be a bunch of chest-puffing.  Bonus roll next time.
9: Tied fight.  Bonus roll next time.
8: You lost the fight, but held your own.  Your title color and theme change to pink and pony, respectively, for one week.
7: You lost the fight.  The person you ITG'd may claim your title if they so desire.
6: Dude beat the shit out of you, but nothing broken and no hospital visit.  Your black eye and swollen jaw will make you look funny, and may make communication difficult, for a week.
5: Dude beat the shit out of you, you have a couple cracked ribs.  This makes it painful to talk, so you will be post-throttled - limited to 1 post per day - for a week.
4: Dude gave you a good beating and broke many things, including your jaw.  Your account will be squelched for a week.
3: Dude knocked you the fuck out and you have swelling on your brain.  Your account will be banned for 1 week while you recover.
2: Dude stabbed you a couple times, you lost a lot of blood but survived.  Your post count will be reset.
1: Dude pulled out a gun and killed you.  Your Vault account will be choned.

Bonus rolls are used on the first roll of the next time.

Damage rolls under 8 are cumulative, where applicable.  For example, if your damage roll is a 5, you will be:

- post throttled
- your black eye and swollen jaw will make you look funny and may make communication difficult for a week
- the person you ITG'd may claim your title, if they so desire
- if they do not desire to take it, it will be pink and pony for a week

I'll post the rolls if/when they happen.  Grin

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #589 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 3:23am:
Most of the frothing has calmed down now so have a question for Straek next time he pops his head in.  I might be the only one that's interested, but I'm pretty sure a few others are as well.

What is your policy here for what your mods can and cannot throw out into the open? (Either directly or indirectly).

Are there any rules at all or should we all just accept that any info available to mods is fair game when they see fit?

I'm not bothered either way, but would be nice to know what the score is.

I don't disagree with anything Gawna said.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #590 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Oh cool, a one in 400 chance of getting my Vault account deleted on your whim because you're enough of an arrogant shithead to think that you know more about my real life than I do.

Nice to know that I'm that far under your skin, at least.  Cheesy

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #591 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:05pm:
8: You lost the fight, but held your own.  Your title color and theme change to pink and pony, respectively, for one week.

Gimme

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #592 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:05pm:
Well, I can't say that I expected you to own it.  That's okay, I was kind of hoping that would be the case  Smiley

Since you won't follow your advice, we're going to play a little game.  Essentially, I'm going to bring the potential of getting your ass kicked into your Vault experience.  Here's how it will work:

From this point forward, any time I feel you have made another ITG post, I will roll a 20-sided die.

2-20: Nothing happens
1: you ran into that one guy in 20 who would love nothing more than to crank that shit to 11.  Roll 1d20 for damage.

Damage Roll
20: You beat the ever living piss out of dude.  The person you ITG'd gets squelched for 1 week.
19: You won the fight.  The person you ITG'd gets herpaderped for 1 week.
18: Fight turned out to be a bunch of chest-puffing.  Nothing happens.
17: Fight turned out to be a bunch of chest-puffing.  Nothing happens.
16: Fight turned out to be a bunch of chest-puffing.  Nothing happens.
15: Fight turned out to be a bunch of chest-puffing.  Nothing happens.
14: Fight turned out to be a bunch of chest-puffing.  Nothing happens.
13: Fight turned out to be a bunch of chest-puffing.  Nothing happens.
12: Fight turned out to be a bunch of chest-puffing.  Bonus roll next time.
11: Fight turned out to be a bunch of chest-puffing.  Bonus roll next time.
10: Fight turned out to be a bunch of chest-puffing.  Bonus roll next time.
9: Tied fight.  Bonus roll next time.
7: You lost the fight.  The person you ITG'd may claim your title if they so desire.
6: Dude beat the shit out of you, but nothing broken and no hospital visit.  Your black eye and swollen jaw will make you look funny, and may make communication difficult, for a week.
5: Dude beat the shit out of you, you have a couple cracked ribs.  This makes it painful to talk, so you will be post-throttled - limited to 1 post per day - for a week.
4: Dude gave you a good beating and broke many things, including your jaw.  Your account will be squelched for a week.
3: Dude knocked you the fuck out and you have swelling on your brain.  Your account will be banned for 1 week while you recover.
2: Dude stabbed you a couple times, you lost a lot of blood but survived.  Your post count will be reset.
1: Dude pulled out a gun and killed you.  Your Vault account will be choned.

Bonus rolls are used on the first roll of the next time.

Damage rolls under 8 are cumulative, where applicable.  For example, if your damage roll is a 5, you will be:

- post throttled
- your black eye and swollen jaw will make you look funny and may make communication difficult for a week
- the person you ITG'd may claim your title, if they so desire
- if they do not desire to take it, it will be pink and pony for a week

I'll post the rolls if/when they happen.  Grin

Wow. Short trip on the long way from free speech and community moderation to capricious prickery from a vengeful Mod.  He really got to you, huh?

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #593 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:18pm:
Oh cool, a one in 400 chance of getting my Vault account deleted on your whim because you're enough of an arrogant shithead to think that you know more about my real life than I do.

Nice to know that I'm that far under your skin, at least.  Cheesy 

If you were under my skin, I wouldn't waste the time making a fun game out of it.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #594 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:24pm:
Wow. Short trip on the long way from free speech and community moderation to capricious prickery from a vengeful Mod.  He really got to you, huh?

Eh, if that's how you see it, I'm sure I can't convince you otherwise.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #595 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Perception perceived is perception achieved.  It just seems to me that you didn't really have a problem with Oak's antics until you two started in the JoePa thread.  But it's cool, man.  You do what ya gotta.

Make yo point.

IP Logged

Keyser Söze
Ex Member

Reply #596 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:35pm:
Perception perceived is perception achieved.  It just seems to me that you didn't really have a problem with Oak's antics until you two started in the JoePa thread.  But it's cool, man.  You do what ya gotta.

Make yo point.

What he said.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #597 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:43pm
Print Post  

OMG that sig is fucking awesome.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #598 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 12:45pm:

Don't worry, we've got your shortage covered.  Dev got his last character transferred over finally.   Grin

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Elegorne
DQ Assaulter

Reply #599 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jan 31st, 2012 at 9:43pm:
OMG that sig is fucking awesome.

scroll it so you can see both that and the one above at the same time...fucking amazeballs...I lol'd

Elegorne,Wizegorne,Healegorne and some other gimp toons on Thelanis

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 47
Send TopicPrint