Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Angie's List (Read 478 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Angie's List
Jan 29th, 2012 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Anyone use it? I am researching a contractor and wondering peoples opinion.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Re: Angie's List
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
This game sucks.  Sad

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Jan 29th, 2012 at 5:59pm:

OMG WHAT HAPPENED TO OFF TOPIC

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
The Vault › General › Other Games › Angie's List

What kind of... 'contract' are we talking here, exactly?

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #4 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The Vault › General › Other Games › Angie's List

What kind of... 'contract' are we talking here, exactly?

Strakeln word subbed a new forum.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 29th, 2012 at 6:02pm:
Strakeln word subbed a new forum.

Well, that's a relief. At least we know (or can fool ourselves into believing) you're not also looking for one of the spammers to sell gimp masks, too.
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2012 at 6:27pm by »  

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
It took me a minute to see the new forum, myself.  Tongue  Luckily, I didn't have anything I wanted to post during that minute.

IP Logged

Anslet
Waterworks Kobold

I'm not conceited, I'm
convinced.

Reply #7 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Depends on what you want to find.  I'm assuming it also depends on where you live and how many applicable posts there are. 

Regular day to day stuff  (plumbing/ elect/pool/ etc) would probably be accurate.  Although honestly how many times does someone need to use an electician or plumber?  Personally, I like talking to my neighbors and 80% of the time will get an estimate from their referral(s).

Major stuff I check out on my own.  Siding, roofing irrigation, driveways, marble etc.

Looking for this type of contractor and you're better off going to manufacturers/builders and asking for a contact list.  Especially if you know what you want.  A manufacturer will not steer you wrong.  If nothing else it's a great starting point. 

You can also talk to your local county inspector for these types jobs.  Also home inspectors and real estate agents will also have short lists of their go to people.

I prefer to talk to folks as opposed to looking it up.  But that's just me.  Whatever makes you feel more comfortable is what you should do.

*Always insist to see a cover copy of workers comp/ gen liability and verify.

IP Logged

green00_00
Butterface

DDO Vault Failure

Reply #8 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
what kind of a project are you getting a contractor for?

im not familiar with angie's list, but i would just ask your contractor for references then try to go see their past work.  as a rough rule of thumb, expect to pay twice in labor what you will in materials.  that can change depending on the nature of the work.

asking at your local lumber yard is another good way to get some initial contractors to look into.  yes, they are going to recommend their customers, but they get to know which of their customers are cob-jobs and which are quality workers pretty quickly.  some lumber yards/building materials suppliers also do installed sales.  you will pay more to have them do the installation as they make a percentage on top of the labor, but you all but eliminate the chance of getting screwed by a shady contractor if you are paranoid about that kind of thing.  if you do your research properly, that shouldnt be an issue though.

[Color=red][Size=6][b][center]But you'll notice, not butterdick[\center][\b][\Size][\color]

Apparently I cannot figure out signatures.

IP Logged

Wezergistan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jan 29th, 2012 at 5:57pm:
Anyone use it? I am researching a contractor and wondering peoples opinion.

Angie's list is for suckers.

IP Logged

Wezergistan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Anslet wrote on Jan 29th, 2012 at 6:26pm:
Looking for this type of contractor and you're better off going to manufacturers/builders and asking for a contact list. 

horrible advice.  builders are the biggest scammers going.  most of their "contractors" fish out work so they have no idea nor do you of thee workmanship.

manufacturers?  lol.  they arent local.  they have no idea who they are recommending to you.

IP Logged

green00_00
Butterface

DDO Vault Failure

Reply #11 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Wezergistan wrote on Jan 29th, 2012 at 9:09pm:
horrible advice.  builders are the biggest scammers going.  most of their "contractors" fish out work so they have no idea nor do you of thee workmanship.

manufacturers?  lol.  they arent local.  they have no idea who they are recommending to you.

manufactures wont be able to recommend a contractor, but if you know the specific product you want ie Fabral standing seam metal roofing you could call Fabral for a recommendation of where to buy the product in your area.  Fabral will recommend you to one of their biggest clients.  that retailer will by extension will have many or a few big contractors that have lots of experience installing standing seam metal roofing.  as a big client, they will also have the best or equally best pricing on Fabral's standing seam roofing in the area.

why are builders a scam?  they often subcontract specific tasks out on a full build.  those subcontractors reflect on the builder's work.  a home builder isnt going to use an electrician who is a fucking bozo because it makes them look like a fucking bozo.  home builders will have lots of contacts with smaller contractors because they a lot of different guys in the area.  if you know of a good builder, they usually work with good contractors in their part of the market.

[Color=red][Size=6][b][center]But you'll notice, not butterdick[\center][\b][\Size][\color]

Apparently I cannot figure out signatures.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #12 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Chance of getting construction help between green and zerg = about negative three.

I'd recommend asking people you know over relying on the judgment of people you don't know.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint