Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic TERA Online (Read 1004 times)
Selee
Abbot Raider

TERA Online
Jan 30th, 2012 at 4:32pm
Print Post  

This is a gameplay video from the Korean version, but this is the game that is making me drool the most..

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Re: TERA Online
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
That is what the LoB should look like.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Don't know if this will really have an impact:

http://mmorpg-tactics.com/news/ncsoft-files-lawsuit-to-thwart-tera

I kind of liked the reply from Tera.
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2012 at 5:47pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Silky wrote on Jan 30th, 2012 at 5:45pm:
Don't know if this will really have an impact:

http://mmorpg-tactics.com/news/ncsoft-files-lawsuit-to-thwart-tera

I kind of liked the reply from Tera.

Sounds like troubled waters for Tera.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #4 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jan 30th, 2012 at 6:14pm:
Sounds like troubled waters for Tera.

I donno, it sounds like an attention-grab from the plaintiff group to me, TERA has been getting some decent media coverage, but this was the first time I had ever heard about this other group.  Since they are releasing a competitive game in a similar timeframe, I think that this may just be a bunch of bull crap.  Although I may be wrong, not really knowing anything about the guys that made TERA either.  All I know is.. me wants.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #5 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Selee wrote on Jan 30th, 2012 at 6:27pm:
I donno, it sounds like an attention-grab from the plaintiff group to me, TERA has been getting some decent media coverage, but this was the first time I had ever heard about this other group.  Since they are releasing a competitive game in a similar timeframe, I think that this may just be a bunch of bull crap.  Although I may be wrong, not really knowing anything about the guys that made TERA either.  All I know is.. me wants.

NCsoft is a big outfit...

http://us.ncsoft.com/en/

..Aion, CoH, Guildwars, etc.  They are huge in Asia and it sounds like they have been winning at least the initial cases in Asian courts.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #6 - Jan 30th, 2012 at 6:32pm
Print Post  

Quote:

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #7 - Feb 5th, 2012 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Well I just pre-ordered the game to get access into the beta. 1st round of the beta starts Friday 2/10.

http://tera.enmasse.com/?lang=en

Let me know if anyone else is gonna play!
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2012 at 3:01pm by Selee »  

IP Logged

- Jay
Korthos Resident

RAWR~!

Reply #8 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 4:35am
Print Post  
Tera is pretty tempting
but then again, so is Guild Wars 2

and then there's project coppernicus.. >_<

AIM  
IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #9 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
I played the sneak peek last night and am in the closed beta that starts Fri.  First impressions were EXTREMELY positive.  The game was smooth, combat was fluid, and the graphics were awesome.  Gonna be hard once this goes live to split time..

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 4:59pm
Print Post  

Boobs? Check

Panty Shot? Check

Catchy DnB song? Check

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING GRAPHICS AND JIGGLE PHYSICS!? FUCKING CHECK!

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 1:02am
Print Post  
Quote:

Boobs? Check

Panty Shot? Check

Catchy DnB song? Check

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING GRAPHICS AND JIGGLE PHYSICS!? FUCKING CHECK!

Very nice grafics, but unless I win the lottery, i won´t have time to play it.
But there is something I dislike of this game and others of the like: female "armor".
I like that kind of sexy female armor for the joke and for having a bit of fun, but after 10 minutes, I would like my lady to have a full plate armor like in DDO, or a chainmail. I like it when a woman looks tough.

IP Logged

Crazeee
Waterworks Kobold

I Am Drama!

Reply #12 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 10:43am
Print Post  
OMG. Girls with bunny ears that make squeaky noises all the time. No thx, not for me.

Opinions are like assholes: everybody has one... but they all stink.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #13 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 10:51am
Print Post  
People seem to forget that Korean MMO's are massive grind fests because that is the preferred gameplay style over there.  They have cafes where you and you buddies go to sit and play MMO's together for hours and hours. 

It also looks like it was designed by a 14 year old boy with a Manga fetish.
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2012 at 10:53am by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #14 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Looks like Magna Carta the MMO

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #15 - Feb 16th, 2012 at 3:51am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Feb 15th, 2012 at 10:51am:
People seem to forget that Korean MMO's are massive grind fests because that is the preferred gameplay style over there.  They have cafes where you and you buddies go to sit and play MMO's together for hours and hours. 

It also looks like it was designed by a 14 year old boy with a Manga fetish.

That is because it is.  Their sexual desires never mature past a 14 yr olds.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Reply #16 - Feb 26th, 2012 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
14-year old maturity would be an improvement for some people I know unfortunately...

Looks like a nice game; the song is quite catchy and the graphics are spectacular. I noticed that in the second trailer (Blanks link) that when the flying mount clipped a tree; there was a spray of leaves in its wake after. Now that's attention to detail.

And you can play as a panda. Seriously, who here never wanted to be Genma and unleash some panda pwnage?  Grin
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2012 at 8:18pm by kitsune_ko »  

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Feb 16th, 2012 at 3:51am:
That is because it is.  Their sexual desires never mature past a 14 yr olds.

Hmmm, I don´t know. As "we" were 14, our sexual fantasies were the 16-20 years old girls (boobies, boobies, boobies and sometimes boobies). Of course same age girls were also OK, but the somehow older were more ...how to say...
Opinions?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #18 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 5:36am
Print Post  
Quote:
Hmmm, I don´t know. As "we" were 14, our sexual fantasies were the 16-20 years old girls (boobies, boobies, boobies and sometimes boobies). Of course same age girls were also OK, but the somehow older were more ...how to say...
Opinions?

You just said I was right.  Thanks.  That is my only opinion.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 5:54am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Feb 27th, 2012 at 5:36am:
You just said I was right.  Thanks.  That is my only opinion.

Ah, ok, I was more about the pedophilic aspects of Tera, not the Boobies boobies aspects.
Small misunderstanding.

IP Logged

livefreeordie
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Of interest

"

I played a bunch of Tera this weekend during their beta test. I was able to get an archer up to level 12 and I had a great time. I wanted to share some of my thoughts about the beta with you guys. I should mention that I did not try any of the PvP and I’ve heard that’s something Tera does very well. My take on the beta is based on a purely PVE experience. I’ll start with the stuff I liked.

First of all Tera is the best looking MMO I have ever seen. It’s just fucking gorgeous. The crazy thing is that not only does the game look amazing, but it also runs great. I can’t believe how fast this game loads and how smooth it runs considering the visuals.

I have to say the best part of Tera though is the combat. This is an MMO but it plays more like an action game. There is no hotbar clicking here. You assign skills to your mouse buttons and the number keys but the real fun comes in building triggered skills. Essentially you create long chains of skills that you can trigger with a press of the space bar at the right moment. For example my archer started fights with a basic arrow shot, then I tap space bar and she moves into a melee attack with the bow, tap it again and she fires an explosive arrow at the ground that throws her back and gives her some distance, then another tap triggers her charged shot and so on. These combos are totally customizable. You just select a skill and then select what other skill it should trigger.

Since dodging and blocking are so integral to combat in Tera you can fight monsters that are much tougher than you are. If you play smart and dodge their attacks you can take on monsters way above your level. This game isn’t about standing in one spot and taking your licks until the monster is dead. This is an action game and how well you play has a lot to do with the outcome of a fight.

With all that said, I did have one major problem with the game. The quests in Tera are horrible even by MMO standards. From 1 to 12 I saw nothing but kill, gather and fetch quests. I know it’s a joke by this point but I was passing notes between NPC’s who were literally standing ten feet from each other. After a couple levels I wasn’t even reading the quests. Just click accept then check the map to see where I had to go. Maybe I’ve been spoiled by SW:TOR and its fully voiced and interesting quest chains. Tera suffers from the worst sort of old school MMO grind bullshit. As bad as the quests were I kept doing them because I wanted to keep fighting. But there is something wrong with an MMO when you would rather grind than do their quests.

In the end I’m actually excited to play more. I think between the combat and the art I could probably play Tera long enough to max out a character. Would I stick around much after that? Probably not.

-Gabe out

"

*EDIT* Follow up
"NEWSFLASH, I made some people angry. I know it’s hard to believe. It seems a lot of people are upset about my post regarding the TERA beta. I’m a little surprised considering I talked for three paragraphs about how amazing the game is and then gave one paragraph about how I didn’t like the quests. If your take away from that was that I shit all over the game I think you’re probably just spoiling for a fight.

I tried to make it clear that I had only played from level 1 to 12 and so that was all I was really basing my impressions on. Some people have told me that’s not fair and explained that the game “doesn’t really get good until level 20”. That may be and I’m certainly hoping to see that stuff during the next beta but I think it’s fair to talk about a person’s initial impressions. That 1-12 game is your introduction to the game and the world. A lot of people will make up their mind about a game during that period. If you have some awesome stuff it might not be a bad idea to front load a little bit of it.

The reality is that I loved TERA and I was disappointed when the beta weekend was over. I’ve got my calendar marked and I’m ready to jump back in for the next one. You can like something, and still talk about what you think are its flaws. Honestly if I hadn’t liked the game I wouldn’t have given a shit about the quests being boring and I never would have talked about it on the site. But I loved it and so I did care and I did want to share my thoughts.

So there you go. I hope that clears things up.

-Gabe out"
http://penny-arcade.com/
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2012 at 9:55am by livefreeordie »  

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #21 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 11:34am
Print Post  
After playing every beta weekend so far, the only complaint that I have about this game is that it's not live yet.  THIS GAME FUCKING ROCKS!

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #22 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
In the closed beta test for this weekend.  Anyone else going to be around for it?  Tips?

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #23 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
No tips, just nips.

IP Logged

whatshisface
Waterworks Kobold

Chicks with dex represent!

Reply #24 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
if you join a pvp server, prepare to be ganked. People who reach the level cap don't really have anything to do but camp and gank.

Chicks with dex represent!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint