Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Eldritch ritual changed weapon level (Read 1315 times)
PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Eldritch ritual changed weapon level
Feb 6th, 2012 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Now, let me start by saying that I'm a casual player with a bad memory.  I'm constantly asking my fiance, "how do I do that again?"    So bear with me.

Ha!  See what I did there?  Asked the Vault to bear with me!  Hilarity should immediately insue!

Anyway, I was crafting a new weapon for my 6th level Arti, and was hoping not to get the level too high, so she wouldn't have to wait too long to use it.  Put the stuff on it that I wanted and it was a level 9.  Used a masterful shard to lower the level to 7.  Rock and roll.  Only have to wait one level.  Then I used the Eldritch device to bind and add force crit.  Suddenly the level is back up to 9.

I never noticed the Eldritch device adding level before.  Does it always do that?  Or did it somehow negate the Masterful shard?  Should I have just let well enough alone and ignored using the Eldritch device altogether?  Can you bind a weapon first, and then craft, or does binding make it uncraftable?  I'm thinking of starting all over again with another weapon, and trying to decide how to avoid adding those extra 2 levels on.

Tarrant can suck my boobies.  On second thought, they are far too soft and supple for the likes of him.  Tarrant, you can GFY while having hopeless pathetic dreams of my boobies.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Re: Eldritch ritual changed weapon level
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Stone of Change rituals don't change the ML for lootgen and named weapons, but it does change the ML for Cannith crafted weapons (it adds 2 to the ML and uses up one point of potential).

This is works-as-written right now.  It may or may not be works-as-intended, but they're not interested in changing it at least for now.

As a side note just because I think this is handy information for anyone that doesn't yet know it, BtA items that get Stone of Change rituals placed on them remain BtA - they do not become BtC.  I was very happy to throw +1 force damage onto my Carnifex for lowbie fun and have it remain BtA.

fnord

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
A dev indicated on the forums that stone of change adding potential to Cannith crafted items was not WAI, but an inevitable consequence of how the interaction was coded. Who knows, they may get around to fixing it eventually with all the new devs they're hiring.
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2012 at 6:55pm by cdr »  

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
I'll also add as an off note that there is no weapon type in game where Force Critical gives you more overall DPS than plain Force Damage.

Festivius/Hobadash/Kiarnan/McPhail ~ Eternal Wrath
Aneist/Oshkosch/Dalzeil ~ Silent Accord
Sarlona

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Landar wrote on Feb 6th, 2012 at 7:02pm:
I'll also add as an off note that there is no weapon type in game where Force Critical gives you more overall DPS than plain Force Damage.

Barbarians with old style Crit Rage on Rapiers/Scimitars/Kukri get a 12-20 crit range and that is just barely enough to make Force Crit better than the straight +1 Force damage ritual.

I also have Force Crit on my Maiming Rocksplitters just because I made them back when autocrit actually was autocrit and I'm not going to bother spending that much in collectables just to give a little more damage to my Maiming Rocksplitters...   Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2012 at 7:06pm by popejubal »  

fnord

IP Logged

PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Reply #5 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Landar wrote on Feb 6th, 2012 at 7:02pm:

I was crafting a force crit weapon, and force crit was cheaper.  I didn't really think think it through any farther than that.

Tarrant can suck my boobies.  On second thought, they are far too soft and supple for the likes of him.  Tarrant, you can GFY while having hopeless pathetic dreams of my boobies.

IP Logged

PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Reply #6 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Oh, and thanks all.  That cleared up the mystery nicely!

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #7 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Feb 6th, 2012 at 7:05pm:
Barbarians with old style Crit Rage on Rapiers/Scimitars/Kukri get a 12-20 crit range and that is just barely enough to make Force Crit better than the straight +1 Force damage ritual.

Or have them use Epic Mirage for further hijinx.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint