Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Exploiting Cannith crafting? (Read 6052 times)
WolfHealr
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Exploiting Cannith crafting?
Feb 20th, 2012 at 9:28am
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=362464

Quote:
Posted by Astraghal: Nice item, was it worth the hundreds of hours and incalculable plat and effort required to get crafting that high? Got a guildy to make a +5 Holy Burst Adamantine Greateaxe of Improved Destruction not long ago, which is quite nice. If better wasn't convieniently available, I'd just use a Cannith Challenge Calomel/Mournlode for levelling and maybe an EaG or eEGoF for end-game. But I guess crafting IS that time sink that Turbine planned it to be, for some. The only other crafted weapon I've commissioned was a +1 Shocking Burst Flametouched Iron Greataxe of Destruction. I hope they don't make Cannith Crafting essential for acessing the future end-game, I can't stand the tedium of it.

Props to the posts' OP - and to anyone who has ground out crafting high enough - on the shiny beat stick... but is Astraghal admitting to exploiting in this thread? I know you can mix bound and unbound shards on an item if you can craft the bound part yourself, but he (heavily) implies later in the thread that he doesn't have crafting levels high enough.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2012 at 9:35am by WolfHealr »  

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Re: Exploiting Cannith crafting?
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 9:34am
Print Post  
WolfHealr wrote on Feb 20th, 2012 at 9:28am:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=362464

Props to the posts' OP - and to anyone who has ground out crafting high enough - on the shiny beat stick... but is Astraghal admitting to exploiting in this thread? I know you can mix bound and unbound shards on an item if you can craft the bound part yourself, but he (heavily) implies later in the thread that he doesn't have crafting levels high enough.

You have no choice but to come to that conclusion.  You can't make holy burst unbound lol.  Although he doesn't say specifically that it was for him, just that he had him make it.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2012 at 9:35am by Aeolwind »  

IP Logged

Crazeee
Waterworks Kobold

I Am Drama!

Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Yes. Holy Burst can only be crafted in bound versions (yet). For the other two mods a crafting level of 120 is needed. Maybe Astraghal only has a Holy instead of Holy Burst, then it would/could be legit.

Opinions are like assholes: everybody has one... but they all stink.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 11:16am
Print Post  
The guildy he mentions probably crafted a bound holy burst shard and them passed it to him via the then-existing bag bug.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2012 at 11:17am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

WolfHealr
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Yeah - it's more about what he responds with later in the thread. Here's what I expect will happen:

1: He did, indeed, have a guildy craft the bound shard and had it passed to him inside a bag when they were bugged on the live servers. Since this would be an exploit, he'll keep quiet about it, realizing he stated this on the live forums, and folks have already quoted the relevant posts. Then when U13 goes live, and assuming Holy Burst is added to  unbound crafting, he'll wait until his guildy achieves the necessary crafting levels and post a pic of it (or another, similar item) to prove its legit.

2: He had someone craft it on Lammania, or he misspoke and meant Holy instead of Holy Burst.

3: He continues responding with troll posts, trying to get someone to detail the past exploit on the DDO forums so he can report any and all things, just to get even for people pointing out his silliness.

4: He sticks his fingers in his ears, says "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALA," and hopes the post fades into obscurity while the forum mods do nothing about it.

Either way, he could easily have ended it by saying "I meant Holy," or "This was on Lammania," or even "When I said I had a guildy craft it, I meant for him, and I think its a nice item I would love to have but I'm unwilling to put forth the modest effort it would take to level up crafting and make one for myself, thereby making available high level crafting for any of my alt toons" Any number of other things he could have said.

Ah who am I kidding, after going through past threads, he's just trolling - seems to be his nature. And it'll probably be a mix of 3 and 4 in the end  Grin
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2012 at 11:59am by WolfHealr »  

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
He's definitely trolling. Possibly trolling to cover up admitting to exploiting, but trolling.

IP Logged

Mastertool
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Whether it is trading items for TP or trading through the bag exploit does it really matter if he posted it on the official forums or not?  I don't think Turbine would have even been as heavy handed, if you can call it that, on the tome exploit had it not been for all the rage about it. 

The worst that will probably happen is someone might bring up the admin panel and give him some infractions, delete posts, or if they are really bored might toss him a 3 day ban.

I just don't get all the OMG!1!1 he posted on the official forums threads.  Is it dumb, sure.  So far there has been a lack of serious consequences, and just proves it doesn't matter.

IP Logged

pissedoffonArgo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Feb 20th, 2012 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
I think its more funny he managed to bork the axe by putting improved destruction on it. :p

No wonder he cannot kill a fuckin air elly in challenges. God only knows what kinda stupid weapon concoctions he has made.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #8 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 11:17am
Print Post  
This guy is dumber than shit anyway, but man so amusing.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the entertainment.  I've had him on ignore ever since I actually (stupidly) tried to help him with the air elly thread and found out he was just being a stupid ugly troll.

IP Logged

keyfaker banned by Strake
Waterworks Kobold

yawn

Reply #10 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Raising the quality of this forum  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint