Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) No crafting update in U13 (Read 9406 times)
popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

No crafting update in U13
Feb 21st, 2012 at 11:32am
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4323453#post4323453

Quote:
Unfortunately, the new crafting recipes, less-restrictive recipes, and Cannith Crafting level increase will not be making it to Update 13 when the update goes live. We've decided to pull these new crafting recipes in order to do further work on them, and roll them out along with a more comprehensive crafting system update later on. It's too early to provide details about that more comprehensive update, or say when it will be released, but as soon as we can we will let you know. Thanks!

Don't know if anyone cares, but it would have been nice to at least have those extra less-expensive recipes available to level to 150 more easily.

fnord

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Re: No crafting update in U13
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 11:38am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 11:32am:
Don't know if anyone cares, but it would have been nice to at least have those extra less-expensive recipes available to level to 150 more easily.

Probably why they didn't go live lol.

Ticks me off though with the bait and switch all the time as it pertains to crafting.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Aw shucks, I was looking forward to leveling to 150 too.

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Yeah, the bait-and-switch is lame, especially since it just so happened to come out the day after the DDO Point Sale ended.

Even if they're doing it for good reason, it seems underhanded in that light.  Promise an update in less than a Month with X - Y - Z, sell some points, then pull Z from the list.

Festivius/Hobadash/Kiarnan/McPhail ~ Eternal Wrath
Aneist/Oshkosch/Dalzeil ~ Silent Accord
Sarlona

IP Logged

Crazeee
Waterworks Kobold

I Am Drama!

Reply #4 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Landar wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:36pm:
Yeah, the bait-and-switch is lame, especially since it just so happened to come out the day after the DDO Point Sale ended.

Do people really spend TP on crafting essences?

Opinions are like assholes: everybody has one... but they all stink.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
I am enjoying this.

Players: stop releasing buggy crap. We can live with delays to shinies so long as the game works and you stop breaking things.

Turbine: delay to shiny thing due to bugs / to prevent breakage

Players: Nerdrage!!!

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #6 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Landar wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:36pm:

Even if they're doing it for good reason, it seems underhanded in that light.  Promise an update in less than a Month with X - Y - Z, sell some points, then pull Z from the list.

If they decide to not put XP tomes out for U13, I'll be pissed for exactly that reason.  I don't see any bait-and-switch for delaying crafting, though.  Especially since crafting is currently completely broken on Llamaland.  I'm okay with them delaying so that they can take the time to un-fuck the system.

fnord

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #7 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:41pm:
If they decide to not put XP tomes out for U13, I'll be pissed for exactly that reason.  I don't see any bait-and-switch for delaying crafting, though.  Especially since crafting is currently completely broken on Llamaland.  I'm okay with them delaying so that they can take the time to un-fuck the system.

Yeah, like I said, the reason for nixing the crafting update is sound.

The reason for announcing it with this particular timing, however, is what is suspect.

Sarlona

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:40pm:
I am enjoying this.

Players: stop releasing buggy crap. We can live with delays to shinies so long as the game works and you stop breaking things.

Smiley  So true.  I don't do a lot of Cannith crafting as I am enraged that there are 93740293842093 crafting systems in this game, each with their own separate group of ingredients that have nothing to do with the other.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #9 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:40pm:
I am enjoying this.

Haven't been on Llama this time around so was unaware it was that badly broken.  What is borked, consequently?

zomg #100!  Do I get a decoder ring now?
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:05pm by Aeolwind »  

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #10 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
What seems slightly concerning about some of the threads on Lama is that random quests appear to be borked. I don't know how they do that... anyway, I'm betting at least some won't be caught before live...

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #11 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:02pm:
What seems slightly concerning about some of the threads on Lama is that random quests appear to be borked. I don't know how they do that... anyway, I'm betting at least some won't be caught before live...

It looks like they respond to the bug forum pretty well.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #12 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Crazeee wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:39pm:
Do people really spend TP on crafting essences?

Sorry, missed this before.

I personally don't spend TP on crafting essences.  But I base my money spent on the game directly on how much new content coming out actually interests me.  Increased crafting levels was part of what U13 was to be.

Again, though, I'm fine with waiting.  No rage over them using common sense and pulling broken stuff.  But no one can honestly expect me to believe they didn't know they were going to pull it sooner than halfway through the day before said update.

They decided this last week at the latest.  But they let that sale keep going under faulty information.

Sarlona

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #13 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Landar wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:21pm:
Sorry, missed this before.

I personally don't spend TP on crafting essences.  But I base my money spent on the game directly on how much new content coming out actually interests me.  Increased crafting levels was part of what U13 was to be.

Again, though, I'm fine with waiting.  No rage over them using common sense and pulling broken stuff.  But no one can honestly expect me to believe they didn't know they were going to pull it sooner than halfway through the day before said update.

They decided this last week at the latest.  But they let that sale keep going under faulty information.

After seeing how they communicate externally and the apparent lack of communication between QA and Development at times. You expect them to tell Marketing?   Cheesy

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #14 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Landar wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:21pm:

It was advertised as a sale. I don't remember it being anything else.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #15 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:30pm:
It was advertised as a sale. I don't remember it being anything else.

Yes.  But you can't tell me that these two things are totally unrelated.

If we were told no new content was coming out, and there was a sale, there would be less people taking advantage of it.

If there is an announcement of new content coming out, and there is a sale (sound familiar?), people are going to buy points in anticipation.

Even if my points aren't going to be directly spent on crafting, it was something I expected to be around for the next update, and influenced my purchase accordingly.

Sarlona

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #16 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Landar wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:43pm:
Yes.  But you can't tell me that these two things are totally unrelated.

If we were told no new content was coming out, and there was a sale, there would be less people taking advantage of it.

If there is an announcement of new content coming out, and there is a sale (sound familiar?), people are going to buy points in anticipation.

Even if my points aren't going to be directly spent on crafting, it was something I expected to be around for the next update, and influenced my purchase accordingly.

All they took out was crafting increases... WTF would the sale have to do with that?

PS - You do realize they could shut the game down tomorrow, right? I am not sure how they are ripping you off?

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #17 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
You're being incredibly silly, Landar.

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #18 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 1:46pm:
All they took out was crafting increases... WTF would the sale have to do with that?

PS - You do realize they could shut the game down tomorrow, right? I am not sure how they are ripping you off?

That's an unrealistic scenario.  And if they did a point sale, and did indeed shut the game down two days thereafter, I believe that we would have a case for "being ripped off".

I see the game is working on something I am interested in - crafting.
I see a point sale.
Oh, well I like crafting.  I like that we're seeing more work in this area.  I also assume that I will be online a little more, since I will be interested in getting my crafting up.
I will support this (both my habit, and the developer work) by engaging in the sale.

Crafting is content.  It's not a raid/quest/adventure/challenge, but it is content.  It's lines of code.  It's a reason to be online.

If you can't see why I would want to monetarily support something, I can't really explain beyond that.

In closing, I'll answer your question with a question : If this announcement (and for that matter, the announcement of the Update not being tomorrow) would have no bearing on the sale whatsoever, why didn't we already know?  I'm too skeptical to call it coincidence that we learn both these facts less than twelve hours after a sale ends.

Sarlona

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #19 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
WTF would you do with more Turbine Points related to crafting?

Is the real issue that you are disappointed that they had to delay crafting and you are unsure of how to express this appropriately?

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #20 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 2:00pm:
WTF would you do with more Turbine Points related to crafting?

Is the real issue that you are disappointed that they had to delay crafting and you are unsure of how to express this appropriately?

If you still don't get it, I can't explain it to you.

I am disappointed they had to delay crafting - there's no reason to *not* be disappointed.  I can understand the reasons why, and still be disappointed.

How about this : It's like playing the BF3 Beta.  The beta shows us cool maps, awesome infantry gameplay, neat weapons, and superb vehicle combat. (which is kind of lol if you actually played the beta, but work with me)

Well, I like all these aspects of the game, but I really really dig the vehicle combat the most.  So I pony up the money for a preorder.  I want to support EA/DICE putting out a game that I enjoy.

What I don't know is that EA/DICE put vehicles in the Beta, and opened Preorders, but also is cognizant of the fact that there is no way that they'll actually make it out on time for the release date.  Vehicles will be a future update to the game.

I, as a customer, don't learn this until the beta closes, or worse until game launch.  Do I still have a game?  Yes.  Is it fun?  Sure.

But if it's missing the element that I really enjoyed the most, is it still the game I paid for?

Bait and switch.

In truth, most of these points will go toward Learning Tomes.  Learning Tomes that I'd use while TRing.  TRing that I'd do because I'd be online more often.  I'd be online more often because - you got it - I'd want to be getting more tasty loots to deconstruct, and grab more essences, for crafting.

Because I don't know about you, but most of my essences comes from TRing toons.

But whatever.  To me, what I spend the points on was irrelevant.  Putting money into a company that was taking the game somewhere I liked was the reason, and that's all there is to it.

Sarlona

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #21 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
I'll freely admit I've only bought points on the hope of the exp tomes making it live and the expectation of tomes being retained on TR.

If the exp tomes don't make it I'll be disappointed, and save the points till they arrive.

If the retention doesn't happen I'll probably take a break, BF:3 should tide me over till D3

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #22 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Landar wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 2:12pm:
I, as a customer, don't learn this until the beta closes, or worse until game launch.  Do I still have a game?  Yes.  Is it fun?  Sure.

I would understand this if you needed TP to purchase anything related to the next update, other than XP tomes. Everything else about Update 13 is free. So they delay the crafting levels for awhile?

You are talking crazy dude. Did you even buy any TP during the sale? Did you buy the 59.99 one? I am betting no.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #23 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 2:16pm:
I'll freely admit I've only bought points on the hope of the exp tomes making it live and the expectation of tomes being retained on TR.

If the exp tomes don't make it I'll be disappointed, and save the points till they arrive.

If the retention doesn't happen I'll probably take a break, BF:3 should tide me over till D3

I feel you.  I'm going to be disappointed if indeed the Grandfathered Tome Retention doesn't happen.

Sarlona

IP Logged

Landar
Waterworks Kobold

Cannith Crystal Epic!

Reply #24 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 2:18pm:
I would understand this if you needed TP to purchase anything related to the next update, other than XP tomes. Everything else about Update 13 is free. So they delay the crafting levels for awhile?

You are talking crazy dude. Did you even buy any TP during the sale? Did you buy the 59.99 one? I am betting no.

I did, late last night.  Edit : Correction, I guess I bought them at Noon.

I didn't say you had to agree with my reasoning - that's just what it is.  If it's crazy/silly?  Well, so be it.
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2012 at 2:27pm by Landar »  

Sarlona

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint