Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Secret World Launches On: (Read 1281 times)
Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Re: Secret World Launches On:
Reply #25 - May 2nd, 2012 at 2:29am
Print Post  
Zigana wrote on Apr 30th, 2012 at 4:01pm:
I dunno.  I'm feeling mischievous...it might be my other half's nudes this time instead of mine Tongue

He's not picky.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #26 - May 2nd, 2012 at 3:09am
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on May 2nd, 2012 at 2:29am:
He's not picky.

Any pic is good pic
So I took what I could get mmh,...♫♫

IP Logged

flynnjsw
Shroud Slacker

F U All!!!!!!

Reply #27 - May 2nd, 2012 at 5:14am
Print Post  
I'm sure we could talk Crulax into sending pics if you're not picky.

IP Logged

Zigana
Vaultgina

Reply #28 - May 7th, 2012 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Closed Beta access starts tomorrow at 5PM!  Got my key in the mail and downloading client now Smiley
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2012 at 3:50pm by Zigana »  

Strakeln wrote on Apr 22nd, 2013 at 11:55am:
Zigana was in compliance with all rules.

Gawna did a good job at enforcing the rules as she understood them.

Stainer is the rules lawyer.

Hands down, Zigana is the Vault's best poster.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 22nd, 2013 at 1:27pm:
I'm not sure about best poster but I know for sure she's got the most balls of all the posters.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - May 7th, 2012 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Yup I got my beta access today also.

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #30 - May 7th, 2012 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
got mine too, but may be without internet acess so I may not be needing it... I should know shortly

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Zigana
Vaultgina

Reply #31 - May 8th, 2012 at 5:33am
Print Post  
JakLee wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 7:34pm:
got mine too, but may be without internet acess so I may not be needing it... I should know shortly

Oh no, sorry to hear that! Sad

Strakeln wrote on Apr 22nd, 2013 at 11:55am:
Zigana was in compliance with all rules.

Gawna did a good job at enforcing the rules as she understood them.

Stainer is the rules lawyer.

Hands down, Zigana is the Vault's best poster.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 22nd, 2013 at 1:27pm:
I'm not sure about best poster but I know for sure she's got the most balls of all the posters.

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Reply #32 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 4:53am
Print Post  
Secret World Closed Beta is running right now; I just got an invite yesterday (I honestly thought I was not accepted in the Beta Program; turns out its just really; really late in sending invites).

Huge freaking download; but it is going to be an awesome game! I see they also have pre-orders up; if the beta plays well, and the game lives up to its hype; I might be tempted to drop the 200$ on the lifetime subscription. After all ;at 15$ a month; if your playing long term; it pays off in the end I suppose as being considerably cheaper.

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #33 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
kitsune_ko wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 at 4:53am:
Secret World Closed Beta is running right now; I just got an invite yesterday (I honestly thought I was not accepted in the Beta Program; turns out its just really; really late in sending invites).

Huge freaking download; but it is going to be an awesome game! I see they also have pre-orders up; if the beta plays well, and the game lives up to its hype; I might be tempted to drop the 200$ on the lifetime subscription. After all ;at 15$ a month; if your playing long term; it pays off in the end I suppose as being considerably cheaper.

Conan would have been a great game as i am sure secret world might be... But with a company such as funcom at the helm its gonna be a fucking flop. Funcom seriously is a big fucking joke, anyone that has dealt with them will probably tell you the same.

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Stoogie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 3:10am
Print Post  
I've been playing it for about a week now, and like it quite a bit. Very different from DDO, I guess it's kinda WoW-ish (no clue, never played another MMO).

The story is really good, and the quests are interesting. Not the typical "Kill X amount of so-and-so", there's actual research involved, and puzzle solving.
My initial thought was  - It's a lot like Alone in the Dark, mostly the same setting, as well.

Got a "Buddy" beta key as well, if anyone wants, hit me up by pm - first come, first serve and all that jazz.

Epoch wrote on Jan 4th, 2012 at 10:44am:
Beating up women isn't the same as fucking them.  Also, shame on you for doing so.

IP Logged

Stoogie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jun 19th, 2012 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Beta key gone.

Beating up women isn't the same as fucking them.  Also, shame on you for doing so.

IP Logged

Throate
Waterworks Kobold

...to hear the lamentation
of them noobs

Reply #36 - Jun 21st, 2012 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
I might have a buddy beta key for this weekends beta...

12,7GB+ download  Shocked
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2012 at 1:12pm by Throate »  

IP Logged

Stoogie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Jun 22nd, 2012 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Yup, got another buddy beta key, for this weekend only. First PM gets it.

Also, LOL at gen chat in this game. Everytime someone brings up a bug, someone says something to the effect of "At least it's not as bad as Turbine" or "At least every update doesn't break a mechanic like in DDO"

It's a fun game, but definitely needs some balancing. The mob difficulty is all over the place. One area you can one shot 8 mobs at once, move 20 feet out, you can't survive a single mob encounter.

Also, this is definitely a single-player game with some MMO thrown in. There is zero reason to group up.
Definitely not worth the initial box purchase + monthly sub. Only reason I'm playing is cuz it's free in closed beta.

Story kicks ass, tho.

IP Logged

Throate
Waterworks Kobold

...to hear the lamentation
of them noobs

Reply #38 - Jun 25th, 2012 at 11:06am
Print Post  
I like it. And since the beta NDA is down i might aswell explain a few things.

The Lovecraftish story/setting got me hooked from the beginning, the music, the mobs, the NPCs, it just fits.

You're free to go everywhere on the map, if you can survive the mobs in that area.
Sometimes it's a good idea to not wander off too far into the woods...

Character progression

Characters can be built however you like, there are no character lvls or classes.
You get SP (skill points) and AP (ability points) for every full bar of xp.
Then you spend your SP on skills (much like proficiencies), like blade, shotgun, talisman, etc.,
and your AP on abilities (attacks and passive abilities) for your chosen weapons.

Your skills determine which QL (quality level) items you can use.
If you found an awsome QL3 sword but only have sword skill2, you can't use it.
Same goes for every other item you pick up, except potions.
I think skills also determine your chances to hit an opponent.

Combat
Combat isn't too bad, although it took me some time to get used to the clicking, watching counters, my health, special attacks, etc.
Whenever a mob starts a special attack, the affected area gets marked, so you have 1-4 seconds to dodge it.

You can equip two weapons, and in combat you can swap from your blade to your shotgun fluently.
For each weapon you'll get builder attacks, to build up charges (up to 5), and finishers, that deal damage depending on your charges.

The system reminds me of the assassin in diablo 2.

Some builders build up points only for the used weapons, some build up points for all weapons.
So if you use the right builders, you can build up 5 charges for your sword and 5 charges for your shotgun, and release a finisher for each weapon in 2 consecutive attacks after debuffing the enemy.
There are also attacks to debuff mobs, attacks that heal you and attacks that buff you.

You only have 8 slots for active and 8 slots for passive skills (called a 'deck'), but you can save different layouts (including gear, weapons, deck) for quick adaptation to different situations.

Appearance
Clothing seems to be entirely cosmetic, all the gear stats are on accessories like talismans, rings, bracers, etc and those aren't displayed.
From what i've read on the forums you can buy new clothes with ingame money, or unlock certain uniforms by building certain 'decks' (combinations of 8 active and 8 passive skills).

Quests
Quests are tiered, for each part you complete you get seperate XP, and the final quest XP when you finish it.
Some quests are purely 'seek and destroy that kind of mob over there' or 'collect those mushrooms over there'
But there are also 'investigation' quests, where you have to find clues and solve puzzles, and sabotage missions, where you have to be stealthy and find your way past traps, guards and cameras.
There are only pointers to the general location of a quest, the only other hint is a yellow border around quest items.

To get some of the clues you may even have to use the inbuilt internet browser, for example to google the name of the composer of a certain tune.

There are also dungeons, which you can only enter with a party, but i haven't tried one of those yet.
They seem to be housing the 'end boss' for an area, i'm sure there are videos out by now.

The good thing about all quests is, you don't have to go back to the quest giver.
Once you're done you get a phone call with the reward attached and you can move on to the next quest.
You can only have the story quest, one dungeon and 3 side quests in your log at one time.

Crafting
I haven't tried crafting myself, but from what i've seen it looks grindy (who would've guessed).
You basically disassemble loot and combine the pieces into higher tier pieces and use those higher tier pieces to build higher tier weapons.

Example:
Deconstruct QL0 shotgun, get 7 pieces of QL0 (quality level) metal.
Combine 5 pieces of QL0 into one piece of QL1 metal.
Repeat until you have 7 pieces of QL1 metal.
Combine those 7 pieces to create any QL1 weapon.

And then you can add glyphs for special weapon properties, like extra attack, extra crit power, etc.

Glyphs can be made in the same way, but using runes that randomly drop from certain mobs.
Glyphs can also drop from mobs.

It looks like you can craft everything, as long as you have the materials. No crafter lvl required.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2012 at 11:09am by Throate »  

IP Logged

deathtouch
Waterworks Kobold

Lay back and think of
England.

Reply #39 - Jul 4th, 2012 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Bollocks to Secret World. I was really looking forward to it, until I realized it was Funcom. As someone who bought two copies of Conan the game was awful and bug ridden. I would much rather join a three man party with Hunter and Big Ole then play one of Funcom's games again!

Guild Wars 2 is where the smart money is at.
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2012 at 11:05pm by deathtouch »  

Did you betry us? Did you betry ME? - Kerr Avon.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint