Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Is my ego just not big enough to understand this? (Read 2144 times)
rest
One Man Wolfpack

Is my ego just not big enough to understand this?
Feb 21st, 2012 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=362728

I read it as saying  "I think that my idea is so much better than all the others, I decided it deserved its own thread! That way my clearly superior idea doesn't get lost in the shuffle!"

If it really is a superior idea, it won't get lost. This isn't the first time I've seen this happen, and it certainly won't be the last. Am I taking it the wrong way? Have I just never had an idea that was So Totally Awesome™ it warranted a completely new thread on the same old thing? I mean he even says "Since the other thread was getting large I wanted to put this on its own for discussion."  WTF mate ^^

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Re: Is my ego just not big enough to understand this?
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Spamming the forums with multiple threads on whatever topic seems to motivate change.

I'd imagine that's what he's going for.  Though I don't think this strategy is as effective as it used to be.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Just someone trying to push their viewpoint. So yes, basically, he does think he's a special snowflake.

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Just curious, if he didn't do that, would you notice his suggestion? 

I mean, by him doing that, it inspired you to make this thread.  It even made me click the link and even read his suggestion which normally I would not notice otherwise.

Does the purpose he was aiming for, is to be seen, succeeded?

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Personally, I didn't read the thread. I saw his opening line and it irritated me enough to post.

And to answer your question no, I never would have seen it. I don't care enough about revamping 20th rewards to read the original long thread. I care even less about that douchebag's oh so special and much better suggestion that needed its own thread.
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2012 at 12:44am by rest »  

IP Logged

arjiwan
Titan Demolisher

I Love Comedy!

Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 1:40am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 12:40am:
Personally, I didn't read the thread. I saw his opening line and it irritated me enough to post.

I see. I think I have the basic understanding where you are coming from.  Another question, fellow vaultie Xenostrata also posted something and this is his first line.  Does his first line also irritates you?  I want to understand so that in future, if I want to make my own thread, I want to minimise the ridicule and irritation I may cause.

Quote:
So, after reading the other Renown thread, I had an idea that was kind of the same except totally different. I posted it there, but it'll probably more noticed here.

This is the first line of the link you posted, for comparison.

Quote:
Since the other thread was getting large I wanted to put this on its own for discussion. While I agree with both sides, I am leaning closer to the /not signed crowd.

Cheers!

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #6 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 5:23am
Print Post  
Ugh, I'm in the full list for 20th camp. Running something 20 times to get what you want is tedious. Having it not be there and look forward to another 20 times is fucking annoying.

There didn't seem to be a proper suggestion, even, in that new thread. Admittedly I haven't had coffee yet so I may be missing something.

Fuck the "magic" of uncertainty. Fuck it very hard with a drainpipe. I need to stop rolling blue bars - DQ is waay past the point it's fun any more.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #7 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 5:45am
Print Post  
DQ is amazeballs.  I have ran that shit 1000's of times.  I still prefer it over any other raid.  Probably because it takes 5 minutes.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint