Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic An apology (Read 3366 times)
fingers71
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

An apology
Feb 29th, 2012 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
       I was in an edeeps the other day with a guildie and 3 guys from another guild. The only item i was after from there was the scroll of the bracers (claw), someone got one right away. After a messy 5 man run with no arcane, I pulled a shard of the bracers(claw) and first thing that came to mind was to ask if someone wanted to trade a scroll for it. Someone from the other guild traded me right away.
      Then a tell came in party chat about me selling shit from the chest, to which I got alittle defensive and asked how it was different from what was going on with the bag exploit, I didnt feel like it was the same as asking for f.r.d.s. or something, and I had no intention of putting the shard for roll.  I knew it wasn't totally legit but it was already done. Most people who know me would say I am more than generous when it comes to loot. Anyway its been bothering me,and in retrospect I feel like a dick. I havn't done something like that before and it's not how I want to be known. This dosn't make it right but I am sorry. Cry

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Re: An apology
Reply #1 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
I don't think that the majority of people have any problem with you selling shit from the chest.  And doubly so if you're just swapping for something that already dropped in the quest, imo at least.

Opinions vary, of course, as they do about pretty much everything.  But I don't think that there's any major crime in selling your loot.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
/vomit

IP Logged

Nope
Dragon Raider

Nada

Reply #3 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
meh

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #4 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Take your apology and shove it up your worthless ass you bitch.

Also, it is your motherfucking loot.  Quit being a fucking lemming.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #5 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Nope wrote on Feb 29th, 2012 at 8:03pm:
meh

You are fooling no one Arkat!

I had a scroll drop for me in a quest once.  True story

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Nope
Dragon Raider

Nada

Reply #6 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 7:08am
Print Post  
JakLee wrote on Feb 29th, 2012 at 11:48pm:
You are fooling no one Arkat!

I had a scroll drop for me in a quest once.  True story

Nope

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #7 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
He got butthurt cause you did what you wanted with your loot. You shouldn't be apologizing for anything.

IP Logged

fingers71
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Mar 4th, 2012 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Well thats pretty much how I felt about it, then about a week later I get denied on an alt to a tod run.I think it was him anyway, I get a tell asking if I'm so and so's alt, I say yes, and I get insta declined and a tell saying he dosn't want the party to have to buy stuff from me from the chest. I'm in a very small guild and people are mostly tr'ing all the time. All my toons are capped and I have to depend a couple channels and pugs for all of my epic questing/raiding. I figured an apology would be the easiest way to deal with it.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #9 - Mar 4th, 2012 at 12:25pm
Print Post  

Good for you, Fingers.  Buying loot out of the chest is lame.  Not wrong, but lame.  I'm glad you recognized this.  People will forget about the single isolated incident soon enough.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 5th, 2012 at 3:14am
Print Post  
You did wrong.
You should know you can do better.
It is good that you apologize for answering deffensively.
Next time you should get some funny written conversation with the aggravated person, screenshot, and show it here, so we may have some fun.
You should also /dance

IP Logged

Nevynn
Horoluth Raider

Badgertastic!!

Reply #11 - Mar 5th, 2012 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
fingers71 wrote on Feb 29th, 2012 at 6:34pm:
I was in an edeeps the other day with a guildie and 3 guys from another guild. The only item i was after from there was the scroll of the bracers (claw), someone got one right away. After a messy 5 man run with no arcane, I pulled a shard of the bracers(claw) and first thing that came to mind was to ask if someone wanted to trade a scroll for it. Someone from the other guild traded me right away.
      Then a tell came in party chat about me selling shit from the chest, to which I got alittle defensive and asked how it was different from what was going on with the bag exploit, I didnt feel like it was the same as asking for f.r.d.s. or something, and I had no intention of putting the shard for roll.  I knew it wasn't totally legit but it was already done. Most people who know me would say I am more than generous when it comes to loot. Anyway its been bothering me,and in retrospect I feel like a dick. I havn't done something like that before and it's not how I want to be known. This dosn't make it right but I am sorry. Cry

Your wall of text is confusing.  If I read it right, your situation is thus:

While in a random PUG group, someone who is not you gets a scroll.
Later in the quest, a shard drops for you in a chest.
You say "Hey scroll guy, wanna trade?"
He says "Sure."
Trade happens.
People bitch.
You apologize.

Is that about right?  If so, man the fuck up.  You didn't do anything wrong (other than apologizing), and you should stop being a pussy.

WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

Angel Barchild
Stormreaver Piker

I'm that mean ginger kid.

Reply #12 - Mar 9th, 2012 at 9:07am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Mar 4th, 2012 at 12:25pm:
Good for you, Fingers.  Buying loot out of the chest is lame.  Not wrong, but lame.  I'm glad you recognized this.  People will forget about the single isolated incident soon enough.

Yup.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint