Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) So...icy runs, I'm probably dumb. (Read 12202 times)
hgm-chi
Dragon Raider

Meh.

Re: So...icy runs, I'm probably dumb.
Reply #25 - Mar 9th, 2012 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
That's a function of trust, I would guess.
Random pugger tell you that, then, sure, both.
Someone you trust that you know to have a lot more experience than you it would be one or the other.

Fair enough, although pretty much all the guys I run with on a regular basis that have way more experience than me I trust to lie through their teeth in the hopes someone will do something stupid with the misinformation...

Rest is, of course, the obvious exception.  He'd never mess with anyone for the lulz.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Mar 11th, 2012 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm on Thelanis and I wanted to see if I could solo it before joining icy runs. (At least then I know how to get there and what to expect so that I don't slow anyone else down. I make this a habit with any quest I'm not familiar with if possible.)

I did just roll Diogenesis on Khyber to dink around with. Diogenes was already taken on all servers, of course.

You should have taken Laertius as name, Diogenes as surename.
And, yes, I don´t know what you are talking about in this post. But nevermind.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #27 - Mar 11th, 2012 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm on Thelanis and I wanted to see if I could solo it before joining icy runs. (At least then I know how to get there and what to expect so that I don't slow anyone else down. I make this a habit with any quest I'm not familiar with if possible.)

In case you don't know, the way to get there spawns in random locations.  You can get there by following the floating runes.  Each set of runes will have a "tail," if you follow that tail, it will take you to the spawn location.

Example:

###
###
####       go right

###
  ###
####       go left

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Mar 11th, 2012 at 11:31pm:
You can get there by following the floating runes.

Thank you. This much is on the wiki, so I was OK there.

I'm not ashamed to admit I died 6 or 7 times and re-entered on my first attempt. A couple of those deaths were to living spells.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #29 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Quote:
Thank you. This much is on the wiki, so I was OK there.

I'm not ashamed to admit I died 6 or 7 times and re-entered on my first attempt. A couple of those deaths were to living spells.

The sub can be brutal solo.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Crazeee
Waterworks Kobold

I Am Drama!

Reply #30 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 9:33am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Mar 12th, 2012 at 9:24am:
The sub can be brutal solo.

Yeah, so not worth soloing, except for maybe with a very self-sufficient build.

Opinions are like assholes: everybody has one... but they all stink.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 9:53am
Print Post  
Crazeee wrote on Mar 12th, 2012 at 9:33am:
Yeah, so not worth soloing, except for maybe with a very self-sufficient build.

The lack of evasion with a good reflex save is what did me in that much, I expect. I have a wf arti/monk splash that is close to trying it out.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #32 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Monks with decent AC can kick ass in the sub - just gotta get past the living spells. Arcanes cut through it obviously but it can take a lot of mana solo.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #33 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Duo'd my Icy with a buddy from Switzerland.  Soul survivor and my abomination arti/ranger.  Even at 14ish I hung in pretty well, a lot better than I expected. Landed Tira's on 3rd and the Icy on 4th...well, he got both lol, I got a Frostbrand x2!

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Nice...I wonder what the optimal group size for these runs to be most efficient. I'm guessing with 12 people you'll lose time reforming unless everyone is "on the job". 6-ish in a guild group?

(now that I know to stay off the frakking gold my duo should go much smoother)
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2012 at 2:27pm by »  

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
I just threw up an LFM, ran down there, and gave it about 2-3 minutes after the chests were up before opening them, for people who weren't there yet.  No need to sit around waiting all day, but you get plenty of rolls, considering there's always a number of arties in there looking for a runearm.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #36 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Nice...I wonder what the optimal group size for these runs to be most efficient. I'm guessing with 12 people you'll lose time reforming unless everyone is "on the job". 6-ish in a guild group?

Also, invis as much as possible.  Saves time and resources.  The living spells can see you at the start so kill those, door, invis, run, run, run, kill beholder if you get that far, invis, run, run, run, kill garamol, profit.  We fought him under the lip at that archway on the back of his dais.  Kept you out of the traps at least.  Sometimes you'd get bounced out or shift the wrong way cause of disorientation, but mostly you'll stay in the arch.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #37 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I would go with as many as you can. Some people just jump in for slayer/rare/explorer xp. Most will continue to run for a couple of runs after they get their Icy. At most, you shouldn't take more than a few runs before you get one. You should see them up for roll by your second or third run, if not the first.

You will feel the urge to return for someone that has fallen from the first jump without FF on. Tell them to suck it and hit the next LFM.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Mar 12th, 2012 at 3:01pm:
You will feel the urge to return for someone that has fallen from the first jump without FF on. Tell them to suck it and hit the next LFM.

I did this (fell in) the very first time I went into the subT for a pug HoX on my first life cleric. I told them I had never been there, got lost, fell in either the 1st or 2nd pit, gave it a good go between blade barriers/cometfall and RS bursts but ultimately died.

I excused myself from that raid...I was the only cleric, too, so I probably did everyone a favor by getting out. I think it was after this that I decided to make damn sure I at least know my way around....I may not be fast, but at least have a general idea where I'm supposed to be...mostly.
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2012 at 3:43pm by »  

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

peanut brittle

Reply #39 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Mar 12th, 2012 at 3:01pm:

If I shank the jump, I just start recalling, most times I can get out before I get hit.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #40 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Unless I'm forgetting something the living spells are only in the beginning area right?

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Mar 12th, 2012 at 6:52pm:
Unless I'm forgetting something the living spells are only in the beginning area right?

To the first garamol spawn point there's only 2 living spells. I don't think they're always the same type, but I have not been in there very much, obviously. I wouldn't have guessed invis would be useful, that's cool. Not sure if they're leashed, but at least some of the skeletons seem to be.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #42 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Mar 12th, 2012 at 6:52pm:

Yes, in the big room as you make the first jump to the right. There are at least 12-14 Living Spells in that area. Living Meteor Swarms, Living Firestorms, Living Harms, etc.
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2012 at 12:14am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #43 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:

The times I've bothered with party members for those runs, we just make sure everyone stays there after looting, and then cast a GT to the portable hole.

Party leader types /disband once everyone is out of the sub, and then hoists up an lfm to reform.  Everyone is already in a tavern, so getting spellpoints, etc only takes a min.

In weaker groups where I was just helping other people out, I'll drop in solo with my WF sorc, and only tell people to get through the last portal when the big guy is almost dead.  Cuts down on the gold-gravity retard factor by a lot, and you don't need to worry about bringing along a healer or anything for the less self sufficient party members.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Dracosanct
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Invis+web+firewall+ooze puppet+wail+CoD = easy trip to Garamol.

Item for Fear immunity+firewall+Eladar's = easy Garamol kill

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #45 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 12:01am
Print Post  

I used to use weakening of enfeebling on the spells, get them to the point that they can't cast and they're tame little lanterns.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #46 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 5:41am
Print Post  
I used to charm the oozes.  Then I found out wizards cannot inscribe scrolls from the portable hole because they don't need them.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Crazeee
Waterworks Kobold

I Am Drama!

Reply #47 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 6:38am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 13th, 2012 at 5:41am:
I used to charm the oozes.

This might be a great idea for ETK, but for subT runs it's easier to just FF/run past them. It's not like there is any reason to stay there.
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2012 at 6:39am by Crazeee »  

Opinions are like assholes: everybody has one... but they all stink.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #48 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 6:53am
Print Post  
Crazeee wrote on Mar 13th, 2012 at 6:38am:
This might be a great idea for ETK, but for subT runs it's easier to just FF/run past them. It's not like there is any reason to stay there.

You obviously do not how to grief.  I forgive you, this time.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Dracosanct
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Crazeee wrote on Mar 13th, 2012 at 6:38am:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint