Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cursed crypt...duo at level elite...bleh (Read 6995 times)
Diogenes
Ex Member

Cursed crypt...duo at level elite...bleh
Mar 12th, 2012 at 10:01am
Print Post  
A friend and I tried this several times on our artificers and failed for different reasons. No CC, scrolling flesh to stone was useless.

One run was almost perfect...found the jeweled key in the first cell checked, body pulled the 2 projections flawlessly. Body pulled at the end but my partner started kiting and pulled the SF which pretty quickly spelled doom. He also wasn't confident enough for us to split and check the cloisters separately.

I did finally figure out that opening a door and hitting invis saves some time.

Aside from bringing CC is there anything else to make that less painful? We stopped to kill every spawn on the way as I wanted to avoid DA. We did learn that the silver flame in the cloisters are leashed. Haste/invis?

IP Logged

Throate
Waterworks Kobold

...to hear the lamentation
of them noobs

Re: Cursed crypt...duo at level elite...bleh
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 10:26am
Print Post  
On normal i could sneak in to grab the key on my fighter with no points in move silently and heavy armor without waking them up.

Maybe their listen scores are low enough on elite that a +10 MS item is enough.

If you manage to kill no other silver flames until the end fight you could just kill the casters down there.
Do you get additional xp for not killing any silver flames?

I'm pretty sure some of the skeletons won't pop up if you run around with invisibility.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 10:29am
Print Post  
If I have to solo it I use invisibility rampantly.  It's timed so I try to zerg the first part more or less.  A couple of pointers that come to mind:

1. The skellies spawn but don't aggro if they don't see you.  I typically run through the middle with invis.

2. The silver flame controlled by the projections don't have to be aggroed.  The cannot see an invis/sneaking player, but the projection can.  To that end using invis and then sneaking up to the projection until he notices, then backing up to the far pillars works well.  You don't have to fight the silver flame then, and can use aoe damage like your flame turret to make short work of him.

3. The doors in the cloisters are a pain in the butt.  many times you can pick up a chest at the door before opening it by using the backspace key.  It doesn't work every time, but often enough to where it's my preferred method.

4. After clearing the projections, a haste pot/spell and a jump pot/spell is enough to clear the jumps without falling through the green floor.  Makes the two rooms with jumps go fast.  It also allows one to solo the two lever room.

5. To save yourself grief at the end - try going into sneak mode at the dropdown with invis active.  if you face away from the dropdown and push against the wall heading down you will end up at the far wall.  The silver flame cannot see you there as long as you hug the wall.  aoe makes short work of the ghosties ( I use a firewall scroll).  Using the invis, then sneak just a bit forward will pull the vamp without the silver flame. 

Using flesh to stone usually requires debuffing or a dc arcane to pull off as the silver flame guys saves are stupid high.  Web and run as they typically yellow ball and/or lose you in the halls leading back to the middle.

Anyway, what I posted is somewhat redundant, but can be helpful.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Mar 12th, 2012 at 10:29am:
Anyway, what I posted is somewhat redundant, but can be helpful.

Thanks for confirming the non-aggro of the skeletons when invis (and not running into them, of course). I'll try that next.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 11:23am
Print Post  
If you aggro the ghosts in the final room by touching them (still in invis/sneak) it will aggro Maldetto without aggroing the SF. Body pulling in the end room is slightly more risky than aggroing ghosts because you have to get closer to the SF.

Standard procedure on Sarlona is to featherfall in sneak+invis and push into the SE corner of the room and then stay in that corner for the rest of the fight. You might have to have one person move out of the corner a bit (again, still sneaking and invis) in order to get a ghost to run into you.
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2012 at 11:30am by cdr »  

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Had a pug guy once step into the quest and summon a skeleton.  ()#*$_)#(*$@_(#)$

IP Logged

Crazeee
Waterworks Kobold

I Am Drama!

Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Quote:
Had a pug guy once step into the quest and summon a skeleton.  ()#*$_)#(*$@_(#)$

Just cast DW on it if the summoner is using aura Wink

Opinions are like assholes: everybody has one... but they all stink.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Quote:

Did this happen?  I don't remember this at all.  Sad

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #8 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Mar 12th, 2012 at 11:23am:
If you aggro the ghosts in the final room by touching them (still in invis/sneak) it will aggro Maldetto without aggroing the SF. Body pulling in the end room is slightly more risky than aggroing ghosts because you have to get closer to the SF.

Standard procedure on Sarlona is to featherfall in sneak+invis and push into the SE corner of the room and then stay in that corner for the rest of the fight. You might have to have one person move out of the corner a bit (again, still sneaking and invis) in order to get a ghost to run into you.

I generally body pulled while invis'd, still in the air on the way down. 
Invis, have everyone else head for the corner, and then I drop straight down until Maldetto says something. That's the trigger there (and in the other two vampire rooms) that he's active, and you can then float away to the corner without attracting any of the silver flame.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #9 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Mar 12th, 2012 at 12:13pm:
I generally body pulled while invis'd, still in the air on the way down. 
Invis, have everyone else head for the corner, and then I drop straight down until Maldetto says something. That's the trigger there (and in the other two vampire rooms) that he's active, and you can then float away to the corner without attracting any of the silver flame.

Hadn't seen anyone try that, but I suppose it's fine as long as you're practiced at it. Still more risky (easier to fuck up) than ghost aggroing.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Mar 12th, 2012 at 11:55am:
Did this happen?  I don't remember this at all.  

Sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

hahahaha, that was so fucking golden.  OMG.  And then we failed by like 20 seconds.  Sad  I could have /cut.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #12 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Quote:

LOL, how many times did we yell at that guy?

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
I was honestly expecting you to ask about jumping again.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Mar 12th, 2012 at 2:44pm:
LOL, how many times did we yell at that guy?

I lost my voice.  Then I would sweat re-living it when, for a week after, you would send me tells saying, "DON'T KILL THE SILVER FLAME!!!"

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I was honestly expecting you to ask about jumping again.

I wouldn't want Gawna to actually pee herself. I think the jumping question got answered pretty thoroughly.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I wouldn't want Gawna to actually pee herself. I think the jumping question got answered pretty thoroughly.

I wrapped my computer chair and work area in plastic, so we're all good now.  Feel free to evacuate my bladder as needed.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I wrapped my computer chair and work area in plastic, so we're all good now.  Feel free to evacuate my bladder as needed.

You're such a giver.

IP Logged

Xirek
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
You don't need to use invisibility, you can use sneak to avoid the aggro of the silver flame in the cloisters as long as you avoid line of sight and dont enter the rooms. if the key chest is in a room with the silver flame you can just run back to the center until they chain back.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint