Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Epic Servants of the Overlord issues? (Read 3506 times)
rest
One Man Wolfpack

Epic Servants of the Overlord issues?
Mar 13th, 2012 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Anyone else having trouble getting into this quest? Half the time we don't get anything, the other half we get a load screen (featuring the red headed drow chick with the thick thighs) but then we get bounced back out.

According to general harbor chat, people are having issues with Invaders! and Water Works as well. Spinner of Shadows we can get in right away. On Sarlona, the fail server, doesn't usually fail this bad.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Re: Epic Servants of the Overlord issues?
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Sarlona seems to be having some lag/instance issues tonight (3/14).

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Try swapping harbor instances. Had this happen on harbor quests once before, just bounced into another instance and it was fine.

IP Logged

Dozen_Black_Roses
Korthos Resident

Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
I stopped playing earlier tonight on Sarlona as the game had crashed three times on me, not even in instances. The first one there was a game roll back as my toon was now in a former location and my xp was not reflecting what quests I had run. Oddly enough there was a mail message with a major mneumonic pot attached from "Lost and Found" stating something to the effect of here is the potion you have lost. Thought it was DDO's version of apologizing for the rollback or someone's weird joke. Anyone else get this?

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2012 at 8:47am
Print Post  
It wasn't just Sarlona having issues last night. Khyber was dreadfully laggy.

1) At Level VoN 5/6 Elite run had people lagging so bad in part 6 that they would show as running the bases and falling off then back on the bridge a distance behind where they fell then back to running forward and falling off at a different spot. We decided on a recall, rerun VoN5 on Hard and try for a less laggy instance of 6 which we did get.

2) Then Hiding in Plain Sight was just as laggy. I was on a rogue and I would start to search a trap out and all of a sudden I'd still be searching but be a full niche away from where I originally was searching. FUN TIMES! I was waiting for the look to be save from the spinning blades during the swim and rubberband back into one but it didn't happen.

IP Logged

Wyni
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 14th, 2012 at 10:25am
Print Post  
The last three nights on Sarlona myself and guildies have been booted from the server at least once while in quests. We get stop motion lag, then a yellow x, then a red x, then finally kicked. Kind of a drag when I'm soloing. Lag seems to be worse in general even if that doesn't happen.  Undecided

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #6 - Mar 14th, 2012 at 11:34am
Print Post  
I had a yellow / red / boot situation just after completing a hard TOD. Chests were opened by the time I got back. I had a sad. You just know my Kyosho's was in there. Right? Right? Cheesy

At least I got the completion.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #7 - Mar 14th, 2012 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Someone pointed out on the forums that you can /loc and check the "i" parameter to see which machine you're on currently. Always interesting to check when things are laggy cause all the laggy instances are almost always on the same overloaded machine.

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 14th, 2012 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Apparently i2049 is the instance with the crafting halls in K and C. 50-52 are supposed to be extra bad as well.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #9 - Mar 14th, 2012 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
Ugh, I dunno if it's the lag or everyone competent TRing or what, but I've seen a ridiculous amount of raid failures the last couple of days. First ever shroud norm fail, first ever Chrono fail prior to Bloodplate... makes me want to raid even less even though I should be.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #10 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 2:32am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 11:59pm:
Ugh, I dunno if it's the lag or everyone competent TRing or what, but I've seen a ridiculous amount of raid failures the last couple of days. First ever shroud norm fail, first ever Chrono fail prior to Bloodplate... makes me want to raid even less even though I should be.

I think at least part of it is because of the fort changes. 

There are a lot of mobs now that are randomly critting people that used to be totally immune, and there might need to be some tactic changes in various raids to compensate.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #11 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 3:02am
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 2:32am:

There are a lot of mobs now that are randomly critting people that used to be totally immune, and there might need to be some tactic changes in various raids to compensate.

I know I ate a 140ish pt sneak attack in Lords of Dust from the rakshasa boss at the last altar. And that was while it was targeted, in front of me as I was hitting it, the only mob left standing, and with 135% fortification.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #12 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 6:25am
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 2:32am:

The critting thing is really fucking up my playstyle.  I think I'm just about accustomed to it though.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #13 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 6:25am:
The critting thing is really fucking up my playstyle.  I think I'm just about accustomed to it though. 

Ya, we'd forgotten about those changes when we went to do our weekly epic lob last friday.  (I'll give you a hint..  It didn't end well)   Grin  The archers were pretty brutal.

We'll be better prepared next week.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 11:59pm:

There a lot of the competent players on Sarlona who are on a TR spree with the new tomes.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #15 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 8:47am:
It wasn't just Sarlona having issues last night. Khyber was dreadfully laggy.

1) At Level VoN 5/6 Elite run had people lagging so bad in part 6 that they would show as running the bases and falling off then back on the bridge a distance behind where they fell then back to running forward and falling off at a different spot. We decided on a recall, rerun VoN5 on Hard and try for a less laggy instance of 6 which we did get.

this is how my game has always played so ive got pretty good at playing with it... but the trick is just to ignore what you see and focus on where you know your character would be. if you try and adjust to the teleporting you see by changing directions you'll actually fall off things. the worst part is fighting mobs while teleporting and behind 2-3 seconds in latency. because you will swing at where they used to be standing. sucks sometimes because i wont even roll an attack on most enemies (even epic mobs) if i dont start attacking before theyre at 50% hp due to extreme latency. since the lag update i havent been able to do anything in game though. just trying to give some advice to people trying to play through my normal connection lol.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint