Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Advice on ToD set for ranged/casting Arti (Read 3773 times)
Aqualung
Ex Member

Advice on ToD set for ranged/casting Arti
Mar 15th, 2012 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Thoughts?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Re: Advice on ToD set for ranged/casting Arti
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 10:41am
Print Post  
AA set gives you 10% RoF increase that stacks with haste (doesn't with Ranger Capstone stupidly enough) so it's probably better damage than Shintao as long as your to-hit is fine.

For ring-belt set -  Frenzied berserker.

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 10:45am
Print Post  
I don't have an Arti yet, but my first thought was Rakshirs?

Int is important to Artis and the Archmagi and 5% + 0.5 multiplier for BB and whatever other damage spells they use can't hurt.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Just roll on every ring. Collect em all!

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #4 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 11:22am
Print Post  
I wear the kensei necklace because endless counts as an action boost

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Didn't Dark-Star test the AA set and found out that it didn't do shit for arties?

I'm planning to do Shintao set + Epic Ring of the Stalker, using the belt slot for some Green Steel.

Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #6 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 10:45am:
I don't have an Arti yet, but my first thought was Rakshirs?

Int is important to Artis and the Archmagi and 5% + 0.5 multiplier for BB and whatever other damage spells they use can't hurt.

This.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
I'm looking at rahkir's ring for 9 int and gilvanor's for 9 dex. Then torc and a gs conc opp belt.

I don't see any of the tod sets as particularly over useful like they are on some builds. Or maybe I just hate tod right now amd don't wanna run it too much.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 10:41am:
AA set gives you 10% RoF increase that stacks with haste (doesn't with Ranger Capstone stupidly enough) so it's probably better damage than Shintao as long as your to-hit is fine.

Does it stack with abbot quiver?

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #9 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Found Dark-Star's post on the topic of the AA set: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=354448

TL;DR: It doesn't stack with Armor of Speed or Haste for repeaters, making it all but useless for Arties.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
TY for responses.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #11 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 10:41am:

Last I read, speed bonuses do not help repeater rate of fire at all.

Also, more data is needed on the AA set stacking with Ranger capstone. Numbers collected from multiple sources varied on if there was a stacking effect or not.... I wonder if the new effects channel will tell us for sure...

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #12 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Never mind, it was rate of fire for fusilade not being affected is what I was thinking of.

IP Logged

Kracky
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Not really sure how much my experience counts due to the fact that my Pew Pew is the last one left of its kind (on my server anyhow).

But AA set speed increase is definitely better than the +2 dam from the Shintao set. This was a grade A pain in the butt because it took me 100 TOD runs to get Kyosho's only to find out i need'nt have bothered

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #14 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Kracky wrote on Mar 16th, 2012 at 3:42pm:
Not really sure how much my experience counts due to the fact that my Pew Pew is the last one left of its kind (on my server anyhow).

But AA set speed increase is definitely better than the +2 dam from the Shintao set. This was a grade A pain in the butt because it took me 100 TOD runs to get Kyosho's only to find out i need'nt have bothered

See above posts about how the AA set doesn't stack with Armor of Speed for repeaters.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #15 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Kracky wrote on Mar 16th, 2012 at 3:42pm:
This was a grade A pain in the butt because it took me 100 TOD runs to get Kyosho's only to find out i need'nt have bothered

That's really weird. You're the one who passed me (my monk Arkat) my Kyosho's in the chest a couple of months after ToD came out!

Not sure if you were on as Zexxi though.  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2012 at 6:16pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Neouni
Korthos Resident

May contain nuts

Reply #16 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
I used the quiver of alacrity for the boost myself,
even though you can craft it on your rune arm aswell.
So AA set is highly overrated for a artificer.

Would suggest going high dex and int myself, so you can keep your int to damage buff on a very long time.
You should be able to hit things on epic reliably if you have attack bonus or some exceptional dex slotted.

Doublecross bow can be handy for the general trash mobs

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Vissarion wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 11:52am:
Didn't Dark-Star test the AA set and found out that it didn't do shit for arties?

I'm planning to do Shintao set + Epic Ring of the Stalker, using the belt slot for some Green Steel.

This.  Slotting is so difficult for this type of toon.  Between really wanting to fit in a most likely crafted Greater Evocation Focus, the really nice effect on the Frozen Tunic, Epic Ring of the Stalker, Windhowler Bracers, Exc. Int somewhere, Exc. Dex if you can find a slot, strength somewhere (just because you probably don't have enough to carry anything without a str item or bull's str spell)...con, gfl, etc, etc...it just gets tough to find slots for everything you want to fit in.  Neck slot for the alchemist's pendant or kensei neck gives you more EF but takes up one of the two ToD sets.  Belt for GS in this case makes a lot of sense.  You can run the Tinker's set in Goggles/Gloves but goggles are usually a prime GS slot.  Using helmet/belt instead addresses that issue.

For 2nd ring then you could do something like Greater Evocation Focus of Persuasion (since bunny hat is no longer the no-brainer it used to be given that the spider mask's +1 would stack with persuasion).  I know that right now at least I have trouble getting to 39 UMD unless I'm using my purely UMD gear as I had to sacrifice my +sp/cha item for the Tinker's set.

There are plenty of ways to gear out of course but Arti's want so many different things that changing one piece start the dominoes falling until all your gear needs redone.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
The issues with arty gear stems from having 4 important stats and another semi important one. The only other class that comes close to this is monks, and even they only have 3 with 1 that needs slight emphasis.

Have you tried gearing a monk pre-cannith challenges? Artys are harder than that.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 9:21am
Print Post  
Quote:
The issues with arty gear stems from having 4 important stats and another semi important one. The only other class that comes close to this is monks, and even they only have 3 with 1 that needs slight emphasis.

Have you tried gearing a monk pre-cannith challenges? Artys are harder than that.

Arti's actually make me consider wand-whipping the +4 stat spells.  It's that bad.
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2012 at 9:21am by Darkrok »  

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #20 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Mar 22nd, 2012 at 9:21am:
Arti's actually make me consider wand-whipping the +4 stat spells.  It's that bad.

I actually finally resorted to doing a little bit of that because it was easier than shuffling metric fucktons of enhancement bonus gear through the various slots with the utility stuff you already need as a trap monkey and risking accidentally leaving the WIS item off prior to needing a higher will save or swapping out the +6 dex item for the open lock and suddenly whiffing more than a team full of little leagers playing tee-ball because you're using insightful damage instead of insightful strikes.

Easier to carry a few wands and only have to gear swap a few pieces rather than fill a whole tab with extra gear and swap out your whole fucking character sheet every 3 minutes.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 9:40am
Print Post  
I have bulls strength spell slotted on my arty for the +4 str. It's fucking ridiculous until you get that uberz perfect epic setup. I'm hoping it all pays off.

IP Logged

Merrick
DQ Assaulter

Reply #22 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Quote:
I have bulls strength spell slotted on my arty for the +4 str. It's fucking ridiculous until you get that uberz perfect epic setup. I'm hoping it all pays off.

Thankfully, there's not much in the second level spells that's useful unless you're playing a warforged arti or actually give two shits about your dog.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint