Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Why is it that players find this but QA/devs don't (Read 40043 times)
Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Re: Why is it that players find this but QA/devs don't
Reply #100 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
flynnjsw wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 5:23pm:
I agree. I save all of my best insults for Military Raid night. Seeing as I haven't done one of those in a year, they have been piling up.

My room mate in college used to unleash those things on me at work and at home.  Left me speechless more than once, and more than well armed for most arguments that arose in the years following.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #101 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 5:40pm:
Make sure you use really good insults in this thread, because Hi Welcome will repeat whatever they are over and over regardless in thread after thread, and you want to make sure you're not stuck seeing sucky insults.

You know what you can suck?

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #102 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 6:48pm:
You know what you can suck?

I doubt she's threatened, given that all she would need is a little bit of dental floss to remove your tiny dick from between her teeth.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #103 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Ah yes, because she'd be threatened by a standard Vault joke. So what, are you saying she's Bazinga now? Because that makes this all very easy. No need to insult someone when I can get their supporters to do it for me.

When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 6:58pm:
Ah yes, because she'd be threatened by a standard Vault joke. So what, are you saying she's Bazinga now? Because that makes this all very easy. No need to insult someone when I can get their supporters to do it for me.

You were born with a dick. In her view, that makes you a potential rapist, remember?

Actually, revise that to point out that you are a complete dick. That makes you even more of a potential rapist.

Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #105 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 7:01pm:
You were born with a dick. In her view, that makes you a potential rapist, remember?

Actually, revise that to point out that you are a complete dick. That makes you even more of a potential rapist.

A prison rape waiting to happen?

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #106 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
A prison rape waiting to happen?

His cellmate is one lucky feller.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #107 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 3:35am:
Lol, D&D cannot be won? I remember bringing up the age old battle between DM and player.  It is war that must go on.  Basket weavers make it hard for the rest of us as you keep losing your battles.  We will prevail though.  The war will be won by the powergamers.

On a serious note, just because you are too fucking stupid to figure out how to win, doesn't mean there isn't a way to win.  I bet you play healer bards and stay in sneak mode away from the group until you think it is safe to advance forward.

And what happens when you defeat the encounter?  You RP a little more and then have another encounter.  And when you defeat that encounter what happens?  You RP a little and have another encounter.
On and on and on.  It is never ending, and you never "win" in any true way.  You play to play, not to win.  You can lose, but you can not win.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #108 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 1:17am
Print Post  
You win Tabletop DnD when one of 2 things happen. Either your DM gets mad and rage quits, or your DM gets mad and kills your character and makes you reroll one. If the DM has to stop playing or stop you from playing, you've won.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #109 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 4:53am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 7:18pm:
And what happens when you defeat the encounter?  You RP a little more and then have another encounter.  And when you defeat that encounter what happens?  You RP a little and have another encounter.
On and on and on.  It is never ending, and you never "win" in any true way.  You play to play, not to win.  You can lose, but you can not win.

Your problem is you live from encounter to encounter.  Do I even need to bring up how fail that is?

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #110 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 8:22am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 4:53am:
Your problem is you live from encounter to encounter.  Do I even need to bring up how fail that is?

As a matter of fact, yes, you do.
The game is played encounter to encounter.  How you build your character doesn't change this.  What you plan for doesn't change this.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #111 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 8:22am:
As a matter of fact, yes, you do.
The game is played encounter to encounter.  How you build your character doesn't change this.  What you plan for doesn't change this.

No, the game is not played encounter to encounter.  The encounters are merely a part of the game.  What kind of basket weaver are you? Do you even know how to play D&D? Do you even know what D&D is? Are you just fucking retarded? The players decide the game, not the DM.  The DM merely gives an option to follow for retards such as yourself that cannot fathom what thinking outside the box could be.

You should blame your parents.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #112 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 7:01pm:

You raise an interesting counterpoint. So does that mean I'd completely rape her face off?

I was going to respond to Cale, then I saw this.

Quote:
You win Tabletop DnD when one of 2 things happen. Either your DM gets mad and rage quits, or your DM gets mad and kills your character and makes you reroll one. If the DM has to stop playing or stop you from playing, you've won.

Blank is closer to understanding this than you. Think about that a moment.

That said, the actual victory condition is accomplishing character goals. If you're a gimpy gimp, you fail at this and die horribly. If not you get things done that need to be done and you win.

Epoch wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 4:53am:

Yes, I'm curious to see your take on it.

Epoch wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 8:40am:
No, the game is not played encounter to encounter.  The encounters are merely a part of the game.  What kind of basket weaver are you? Do you even know how to play D&D? Do you even know what D&D is? Are you just fucking retarded? The players decide the game, not the DM.  The DM merely gives an option to follow for retards such as yourself that cannot fathom what thinking outside the box could be.

You should blame your parents.

Not what I expected but it works!

Of course he doesn't know how to play D&D. If he did he wouldn't be a basket weaver. Same for being retarded, etc.

He's the sort of player that could lose a Wizard to a Monk. A mother fucking MONK! You know, those guys you casually and completely shut down without even trying?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #113 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 10:47am
Print Post  
One time I let a monk get close to me.  Then he imploded.  Get it? He IMPLODED!  MWAHAHAHA!

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #114 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Achieving character goals makes you win D&D just like achieving personal goals makes you win at life. 

In other words, not really.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #115 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 10:47am:
One time I let a monk get close to me.  Then he imploded.  Get it? He IMPLODED!  MWAHAHAHA!

It is an new thing my monk was working on...Imploding into a soulstone.

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #116 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 11:28am:

Rumor has it that your other characters are masters.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #117 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
I can attest that his monk was pretty damned good at it too.  I witnessed this first hand during a titan run Sunday.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #118 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
I loved my my Tabletop monk. He had a knack for pissing off casters on purpose.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #119 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 11:28am:

Smiley

Quote:
I loved my my Tabletop monk. He had a knack for pissing off casters on purpose.

He was suicidal then? I can't blame him. I mean he thought he was devoting his life to spiritual enlightenment... and instead became a Monk! Sad

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #120 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
No, the game is not played encounter to encounter.  The encounters are merely a part of the game.

And what would the game be without those encounters?
The game is the sum of the encounters and the RP that fills the space between them.  As there is nothing to "powergame" in the RP portion, the encounters are the important part for powergamers, which you claim to be.

Quote:
The players decide the game, not the DM.  The DM merely gives an option to follow for retards such as yourself that cannot fathom what thinking outside the box could be.

And any good DM will throw encounters at you regardless of whether or not you follow their theoretical plan.  The retards get the encounters that were scripted.  The creative players get encounters that were tossed at them more spontaneously out of necessity.
Either way, the game is played encounter to encounter, with filler between for RP.

You said earlier that "the war will be won by the powergamers."  So what happens after you win the war?  The campaign continues, and you haven't really "won" anything because the game isn't over.  It continues on, and then it continues some more, and then it continues even further.  Hell, even if your character doesn't retire and instead becomes a god, there are rules for playing as a god, so the game continues even then.
It never truly ends, which is why it is not a game that can be won.
You can win small victories along the way, but you can not win the game.
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2012 at 7:05pm by Cale »  

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #121 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 9:15am:
That said, the actual victory condition is accomplishing character goals. If you're a gimpy gimp, you fail at this and die horribly. If not you get things done that need to be done and you win.

In other words, you "win D&D" when your in-game actions give you a sense of personal validation and accomplishment that's missing from your real life.

Or when you have a good time.

Or when you tell a good story.

Two of those three make you a basket weaver, though.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #122 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 6:23pm:
Smiley

He was suicidal then? I can't blame him. I mean he thought he was devoting his life to spiritual enlightenment... and instead became a Monk! http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Smoak.png

You'd think so. Until you realize that he was a Dwarf. Who's ki weapons were Circular Tower Shields. Who had them enchanted to absorb and store spells for later use. I broke many a DM before I finally had to become one. Smiley

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #123 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 5:17am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 7:03pm:
And what would the game be without those encounters?
The game is the sum of the encounters and the RP that fills the space between them.  As there is nothing to "powergame" in the RP portion, the encounters are the important part for powergamers, which you claim to be.

And any good DM will throw encounters at you regardless of whether or not you follow their theoretical plan.  The retards get the encounters that were scripted.  The creative players get encounters that were tossed at them more spontaneously out of necessity.
Either way, the game is played encounter to encounter, with filler between for RP.

You said earlier that "the war will be won by the powergamers."  So what happens after you win the war?  The campaign continues, and you haven't really "won" anything because the game isn't over.  It continues on, and then it continues some more, and then it continues even further.  Hell, even if your character doesn't retire and instead becomes a god, there are rules for playing as a god, so the game continues even then.
It never truly ends, which is why it is not a game that can be won.
You can win small victories along the way, but you can not win the game.

I read a lot of bullshit in your post.  Okay, let us take out everything but the encounters.  What do you have then? Oh snap, I guess that means they really are just a part of the game.  Also, powergamers do more then just encounters.  Have you ever heard me and Hi Welcome go on about encounters? They are boring, droll, just places to farm xp so you can get to the power level you desire to accomplish the destruction of the realms.

I know reading comprehension is hard, but try it sometime.  You should blame your parents, I know I do.
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2012 at 5:18am by Epoch »  

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #124 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 9:34am
Print Post  
The players decide the game, not the DM.

I forgot how many time I've started my DMing of the day by giving the obvious phrase to my players :

"Your in <insert approriate city here> what do you do ?"

The next 4 to 8 hours being the result of their answer to that question.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Send TopicPrint