Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Diablo III Release Date Announced (Read 520 times)
rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Diablo III Release Date Announced
Mar 15th, 2012 at 4:08pm
Print Post  

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Re: Diablo III Release Date Announced
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
I was wondering when they'd finally announce it. They keep redesigning the game over and over and over again.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 4:15pm:
I was wondering when they'd finally announce it. They keep redesigning the game over and over and over again.

Is it still going to be the new standard for pay 2 win?

I kind of put Blizzard on ignore when they announced that little gem.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
my dick is so hard right nao.

not really. but exciting news none the less!

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #4 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Siver wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 4:18pm:
Is it still going to be the new standard for pay 2 win?

I kind of put Blizzard on ignore when they announced that little gem.

I think so. Nothing's changed that, at least. Chances are someone will figure out how to make it single player. Then you won't have to deal with nine kajillion bottards.

When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
I already pre-ordered!  Haaaaaaaaay! Sad

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #6 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I already pre-ordered!  Haaaaaaaaay! http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Smoak.png

Sad I spent all that monies on DDO that I could have used on D3  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 5:38pm:

stainer got the pre-order for Christmas.   You need to get it so you can come play with us!

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #8 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 5:38pm:

All part of the evil plan. I mean, Blizzard was supposed to make several major announcements around this week right? And all the sales and special offers weren't THAT far before that?

IP Logged

Balthazar
Puppy Farmer

Time is of the essence!

Reply #9 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
I will be all over that shit for at least a week.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #10 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 2:53pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #11 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Mar 17th, 2012 at 2:53pm:

Anyone who uses conventional SATA hard drives for a new gaming machine is retarded.

Solid State Drives (SSD) are where it's at now.

Tell those guys "Hi Welcome"

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #12 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Mar 17th, 2012 at 4:56pm:
Anyone who uses conventional SATA hard drives for a new gaming machine is retarded.

Solid State Drives (SSD) are where it's at now.

Tell those guys "Hi Welcome"

Is disc access speed really that important compared to RAM, processing speed, and video card power? I thought computers were well past that point.

Yes, SSDs are good, but they're also small because they haven't been fully refined yet.

I was mainly concerned though as to whether or not they'd even give you the things you pay for. After all since they are a build it yourself type shop is there anything stopping you from getting an SSD if it's that important?

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #13 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Mar 17th, 2012 at 5:48pm:
Is disc access speed really that important compared to RAM, processing speed, and video card power? I thought computers were well past that point.

Yes, SSDs are good, but they're also small because they haven't been fully refined yet.

I was mainly concerned though as to whether or not they'd even give you the things you pay for. After all since they are a build it yourself type shop is there anything stopping you from getting an SSD if it's that important?

1. Your machine is as slow as the slowest part. In most cases, it's the hard drive that slows down a machine. Besides quick access times (meaning faster boot-ups, faster shutdowns, faster program installs, and startups), SSDs do not need to be defragmented. Defragmentation will, over time, result in a slower and slower PC. As far as the speed of the game goes, the game has to access all the shit in those HUGE .dat files fairly frequently so, yeah, it makes a difference.

2. There are plenty of decent 128 GB and 256 GB SSDs on the market these days. If you're looking for something bigger because you want to store a ton of music or movie files, get a separate conventional SATA drive (500GB+) to store them on.

3. I don't know if they'd give you everything they promised or not. I just know I wouldn't buy a "gaming" PC from someone who didn't use the same "type" of parts I would use if I were to build one myself.
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2012 at 2:13pm by Arkat »  

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #14 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 2:11pm:
I just know I wouldn't buy a "gaming" PC from anyone as it is way to cheaper to build it yourself.

I think this is a more accurate statement.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #15 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Mar 17th, 2012 at 5:48pm:

Get 2 90GBs and RAID em. End up with ~170gb, which is all you need for the bulk of stuff you want to access quickly. It's what I did.

All my data files (music/movies/pictures), and programs I don't need super quick access to I leave on my regular 1.5tb drive.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #16 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
1. Your machine is as slow as the slowest part.

This, for sure. Before I installed my SSD drives, I was getting a windows user experience  score of 5.1 because my data transfer rates were limited by my conventional hard drive.  Afterwards, 7.5 out of a possible 7.9

Not saying that the window's user experience index number is the be all end all of how to gauge, but it gives you a decent idea. Now my 12gb of ram is keeping me at 7.5 Time for 32!
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2012 at 6:30pm by rest »  

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #17 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
1. Your machine is as slow as the slowest part. In most cases, it's the hard drive that slows down a machine. Besides quick access times (meaning faster boot-ups, faster shutdowns, faster program installs, and startups), SSDs do not need to be defragmented. Defragmentation will, over time, result in a slower and slower PC. As far as the speed of the game goes, the game has to access all the shit in those HUGE .dat files fairly frequently so, yeah, it makes a difference.

2. There are plenty of decent 128 GB and 256 GB SSDs on the market these days. If you're looking for something bigger because you want to store a ton of music or movie files, get a separate conventional SATA drive (500GB+) to store them on.

3. I don't know if they'd give you everything they promised or not. I just know I wouldn't buy a "gaming" PC from someone who didn't use the same "type" of parts I would use if I were to build one myself.

Really? I'd have thought it was the RAM. Interesting...

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Do SSDs still have a finite number of read/writes before it is toast or has that been overcome?

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #19 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Do SSDs still have a finite number of read/writes before it is toast or has that been overcome?

Generally, the bigger the capacity, the longer it will last. Look for something called the "write endurance rating." All SSD manufacturers should tell you that.

Quote:
So how long is long? To help users estimate how long an SSD will last, SSD vendors such as OCZ have come up with formula: a drive's life span equals its capacity multiplied by its write endurance rating, divided by the average daily writes. For example, the 120GB Vertex 3 SSD has a write endurance rating of 3,000 cycles. If you write 50GB on the drive daily, the total number of days the drive will last before becoming unreliable is: (120 x 3,000)/50 = 7,200 days, which is about 20 years. If you write an average of 100GB a day, the drive would last about 10 years.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20070643-1/storage-talk-understanding-your-s...
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2012 at 11:23pm by Arkat »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #20 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 3:27am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:25pm:
Really? I'd have thought it was the RAM. Interesting...

Ram plays a role, but ram is a dime a dozen and most people have more ram then they need.  The HDD is usually the bottleneck in most computers as people do not realize the full role it plays.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Balthazar
Puppy Farmer

Time is of the essence!

Reply #21 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:

The whole "read/write" cycles thing is misleading. Its really write cycles not read, even after the limit is reached you normally can still read the data.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint