Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Elder Scrolls MMO??!! (Read 1206 times)
Azog
Ex Member

Elder Scrolls MMO??!!
Mar 16th, 2012 at 11:42am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Re: Elder Scrolls MMO??!!
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
I like their professional logo.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Mar 16th, 2012 at 12:20pm:
I like their professional logo. 

So pro.

IP Logged

- Jay
Korthos Resident

RAWR~!

Reply #3 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
ugh~
i have no faith in Bethesda in making a quality game anymore  Shocked Shocked Shocked

AIM  
IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
I think if they set it up as every region being available, a huge amount of quests, daedra quests, housing, etc. Basically skyrim, but multiplayer and fucking enormous. And even more fun.

IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 12:20am
Print Post  
Quote:
I think if they set it up as every region being available, a huge amount of quests, daedra quests, housing, etc. Basically skyrim, but multiplayer and fucking enormous. And even more fun.

Well, I noticed it mentioned three factions in that little blurb, which means the empire (which eventually wins, per the official Elder Scrolls history), the elves, and some other faction. That pretty much ensures that we'll have at least most of the main continent and the silly elf island (Summerset Isle, if I remember right) to play around with.

The daedra quests could be interesting, but the question is how to do them right, without screwing people over. I mean, they are supposed to be one of a kind artifacts, given out personally by each daedra. On the other hand, I suppose, since each one is basically just created effectively at the whim of the daedra, it could be possible for multiple copies to exist. It's also possible they could take the Bioware approach, and as far as the storyline is concerned, you're the only one who matters, and all the other players are just minions to facilitate your success.

As for housing, that could be tricky. They would have to decide if they want to instance it, or have a limited number of blocks for building houses. On one hand, being able to walk up to your house, and have people find it without you magically making them appear there would be awesome. On the other, I'd really hate to find out I can't have a house because everybody else bought all the space up.

So, I guess I'm interested in seeing how they put the game together. It could be interesting to watch, even if the game ends up sucking horribly (though I'd like to say I'm optimistic).

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 3:25am
Print Post  
Siver wrote on Mar 17th, 2012 at 12:20am:
Well, I noticed it mentioned three factions in that little blurb, which means the empire (which eventually wins, per the official Elder Scrolls history), the elves, and some other faction. That pretty much ensures that we'll have at least most of the main continent and the silly elf island (Summerset Isle, if I remember right) to play around with.

The daedra quests could be interesting, but the question is how to do them right, without screwing people over. I mean, they are supposed to be one of a kind artifacts, given out personally by each daedra. On the other hand, I suppose, since each one is basically just created effectively at the whim of the daedra, it could be possible for multiple copies to exist. It's also possible they could take the Bioware approach, and as far as the storyline is concerned, you're the only one who matters, and all the other players are just minions to facilitate your success.

As for housing, that could be tricky. They would have to decide if they want to instance it, or have a limited number of blocks for building houses. On one hand, being able to walk up to your house, and have people find it without you magically making them appear there would be awesome. On the other, I'd really hate to find out I can't have a house because everybody else bought all the space up.

So, I guess I'm interested in seeing how they put the game together. It could be interesting to watch, even if the game ends up sucking horribly (though I'd like to say I'm optimistic).

In Star Wars, the Empire loses.

I think with a big enough world, many players could be facilitated. Also, yes to instancing. Towns can be public, but make outside areas private. Look at how Guild Wars did their maps.

Housing could be done like Guild Ship towers, a common hub to a private instance that's kinda shared, or some other way.... dunno how though.

honestly, it could be a lot of fun turning a traditionally 1 player game into a massively multiplayer one.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #7 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 3:55am
Print Post  
Quote:
In Star Wars, the Empire loses.

Lies and propaganda spread around by the republic.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 4:06am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 17th, 2012 at 3:55am:
Lies and propaganda spread around by the republic. 

Oh yeah. Luke reignites it later right?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #9 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 5:03am
Print Post  
Quote:

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Just Saying.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 5:13am
Print Post  
Quote:

Blank, just don´t believe everything.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 6:56am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 17th, 2012 at 5:03am:
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Just Saying.

Agreed. That's why Leia was a dumb bitch after her first appearance too right?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #12 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 7:24am
Print Post  
Quote:
Agreed. That's why Leia was a dumb bitch after her first appearance too right?

Leia should have died, just like luke.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

green00_00
Butterface

DDO Vault Failure

Reply #13 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 11:24am
Print Post  
i thought bethesda said they wouldnt ever make an elder scrolls MMO?

[Color=red][Size=6][b][center]But you'll notice, not butterdick[\center][\b][\Size][\color]

Apparently I cannot figure out signatures.

IP Logged

Sasquatch
Korthos Resident

Bitey was a good cat

Reply #14 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 9:08am
Print Post  
This would be a definite "good bye" to DDO for me if this game is even halfway decent. Probably won't be out for years though .... Sooooooo....Anyone else want to run Guard Jung on elite .... Keep the streak alive ....  Undecided

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #15 - May 4th, 2012 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Just bumping this thread to say:

Memnir, you worthless n00b!!!! You are as ridiculous as a....eeehhh...guy riding a turtle!!!
You are an attention whore and wanted to undermine my credibility in The Vault posting things that I already posted long ago!!
You wanted to steal my greenis!!!!!
I hate you... arrrrggghhh"!!!!! You filthy bastard communist!!!!

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #16 - May 6th, 2012 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Sasquatch wrote on Mar 21st, 2012 at 9:08am:
This would be a definite "good bye" to DDO for me if this game is even halfway decent. Probably won't be out for years though .... Sooooooo....Anyone else want to run Guard Jung on elite .... Keep the streak alive ....  Undecided

Read somewhere, while surfing the web this week, its about 3 years away and also what makes the Elder Scrolls good is the fact that it isn't a MMO.

Why do i think they will just fuck this up?
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2012 at 11:03pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #17 - May 7th, 2012 at 2:42am
Print Post  
Silky wrote on May 6th, 2012 at 11:03pm:
Read somewhere, while surfing the web this week, its about 3 years away and also what makes the Elder Scrolls good is the fact that it isn't a MMO.

Why do i think they will just fuck this up?

2013 is 3 years away? You must have been the star of your 1st grade math class.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #18 - May 7th, 2012 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Quote:
2013 is 3 years away? You must have been the star of your 1st grade math class.

Hmm i didn't say i read an actual date only that it was 3 year away, dunno if that's true and i highly doubt any date you will find is accurate, if your gonna post and be a douche try to actually use your brain.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2012 at 10:24am by Silky »  

IP Logged

Combat Wombat
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - May 12th, 2012 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
nothing thats good/unique about the elder scrolls game can translate to an MMO so its just gonna be another shitty wowclone like tor

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #20 - May 13th, 2012 at 3:24am
Print Post  
Silky wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 10:22am:
Hmm i didn't say i read an actual date only that it was 3 year away, dunno if that's true and i highly doubt any date you will find is accurate, if your gonna post and be a douche try to actually use your brain.

There's a second thread about this just a little farther down that has more info and a scheduled release date of 2013 for both pc and mac.

If you're going to post, I suggest learning a bit of basic grammar. And also how to shut the fuck up.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #21 - May 13th, 2012 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Quote:
There's a second thread about this just a little farther down that has more info and a scheduled release date of 2013 for both pc and mac.

If you're going to post, I suggest learning a bit of basic grammar. And also how to shut the fuck up.

Don't be a dumbass you know that date probably won't be accurate, your the one that needs better reading skill, but then i can understand why that's not all that great, your too busy trying not to die in fucking edragon on smrti.

So maybe your the one that should learn to shut the fuck up in a raid instead of running your fucking mouth and watch what is happening on your base.
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2012 at 11:55am by Silky »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #22 - May 13th, 2012 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Silky wrote on May 13th, 2012 at 11:54am:
Don't be a dumbass.  You know that the date won't be accurate, you're the one that needs better reading skills. Yet, I can understand why that's not great, you're too busy trying not to die in a fucking edragon on smrti.

So maybe you're the one that should learn to shut the fuck up in a raid instead of running your fucking mouth, and watch what is happening on your base.

I am absolutely sure I missed some.  What your failure in grammar has to do with this horrible gamer ability has in common is pretty much nil.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #23 - May 13th, 2012 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on May 13th, 2012 at 1:49pm:
I am absolutely sure I missed some.  What your failure in grammar has to do with this horrible gamer ability has in common is pretty much nil. 

So my grammar on my second language might be a little off, it's still very understandable but well done to you sir for pointing this out even if you're fucking late on that front. 

What was your point other than being a fail douche ?
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2012 at 4:56pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #24 - May 14th, 2012 at 2:26am
Print Post  
Silky wrote on May 13th, 2012 at 4:54pm:
So my grammar on my second language might be a little off, it's still very understandable but well done to you sir for pointing this out even if you're fucking late on that front. 

What was your point other than being a fail douche ?

It isn't understandable.  Why would it be your second language? Everyone knows english is the most important language in the world.  You should have invested more time into learning it then whatever your other shit language is.  Then again, stupid people always compare others reading ability to their gaming ability.  So it shouldn't surprise anyone that not only are you failure at life, you are a failure at deciding what language should be your first.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint