Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Baldur's Gate enhanced version (Read 1929 times)
Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Re: Baldur's Gate enhanced version
Reply #25 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
I don't have my 2nd ed books, but I'd bet a substantial amount that there was a literal hard -10 cap mentioned in the rules somewhere.  Something real subtle like "You can't have better than -10 AC, so suck it."

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #26 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 8:20pm:
I don't have my 2nd ed books, but I'd bet a substantial amount that there was a literal hard -10 cap mentioned in the rules somewhere.  Something real subtle like "You can't have better than -10 AC, so suck it."

I seem to recall this is true in 1st Edition. It may also be true in 2nd Edition.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #27 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 8:24pm
Print Post  

what about a sustainable strength of 50+ like DDO... i mean everyone has the strength of an elder red dragon no?

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 8:24pm:
what about a sustainable strength of 50+ like DDO... i mean everyone has the strength of an elder red dragon no?

Even titans and Gods could only have a 25 until 3rd edition.  Tongue

I just found a copy of the DMG and PHB real quick, and both books say the exact same thing: "Armor Class is measured on a scale from 10, the worst (no armor), to -10, the best (very powerful magical armors). The lower the number, the more effective the armor."

IP Logged

Nevynn
Horoluth Raider

Badgertastic!!

Reply #29 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Even titans and Gods could only have a 25 until 3rd edition.  Tongue

I just found a copy of the DMG and PHB real quick, and both books say the exact same thing: "Armor Class is measured on a scale from 10, the worst (no armor), to -10, the best (very powerful magical armors). The lower the number, the more effective the armor."

If that's a word-for-word quote, I can definitely see different DMs interpreting it differently.  I know my first DM went with the "-10 is the best possible" interpretation, so that's what I remember.

Suck it, HW.

WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Nevynn wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 10:04pm:
If that's a word-for-word quote, I can definitely see different DMs interpreting it differently.  I know my first DM went with the "-10 is the best possible" interpretation, so that's what I remember.

Suck it, HW.

Yeah, I can definitely see it.  Not that it's bound to come up very often, of course, unless you're dealing with a bunch of twinky bullshit.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #31 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Ahhh the days of rolling character stats for almost an hour straight...

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #32 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 12:40am:

4 18's ftw LMAO

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #33 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 3:12am
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 12:40am:

Like the original Wizardry game?

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

flynnjsw
Shroud Slacker

F U All!!!!!!

Reply #34 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 4:44am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 12:47am:
4 18's ftw LMAO

18/00

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #35 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 4:45am
Print Post  
Why would you roll stats for an hour? Just have the DM toss some dice and say, those are your stats bitches!  Move the numbers where you want.

Also, you do know the books are a guideline? Once you grasp the concept you can... get this... EXPAND UPON IT.  I know I know, that means you have to actually be able to understand what you are reading!  If only basket weavers had some reading comprehension....

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Quadrovault
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 7:22am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 4:45am:
Why would you roll stats for an hour? Just have the DM toss some dice and say, those are your stats bitches!  Move the numbers where you want.

Also, you do know the books are a guideline? Once you grasp the concept you can... get this... EXPAND UPON IT.  I know I know, that means you have to actually be able to understand what you are reading!  If only basket weavers had some reading comprehension....

Ahem. This is thread is about Baldur's Gate

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 7:38am
Print Post  

Totally wrong. TOTALLY WRONG.  For succesfull PnP roleplaying following is needed:

1) A whole sasion for rolling the characters, whining constantly to the game master. It is mandatory that one player is not present and will roll his PC in front of some trusty witness (for example, his dog). He will roll an uber PC but he will swear that it was all legal. This will cause more whining.

2) Asuming you play every two weeks 4 hours, the beginning hour has to be spend discussing some important matters: Is homeopathy a scam? What frozen pizza is best?

3) The rules book is the HOLY FUCKING BIBLE. It is not a guide. From the resting 3 hours of gameplay, you have at least to spend one hour discussing with the game master, reading the rule book, and interpreting the rules to your favour.

L2P n00b
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2012 at 7:42am by »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #38 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 7:44am
Print Post  
Quadrovault wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 7:22am:

It was about baldurs gate.  It is now about Thaco and 2.0.  When it is about Planescape Torment, then people will care.  BG can suck a fat hairy tit.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #39 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 7:45am
Print Post  
Quote:
Totally wrong. TOTALLY WRONG.  For succesfull PnP roleplaying following is needed:

1) A whole sasion for rolling the characters, whining constantly to the game master. It is mandatory that one player is not present and will roll his PC in front of some trusty witness (for example, his dog). He will roll an uber PC but he will swear that it was all legal. This will cause more whining.

2) Asuming you play every two weeks 4 hours, the beginning hour has to be spend discussing some important matters: Is homeopathy a scam? What frozen pizza is best?

3) The rules book is the HOLY FUCKING BIBLE. It is not a guide. From the resting 3 hours of gameplay, you have at least to spend one hour discussing with the game master, reading the rule book, and interpreting the rules to your favour.

L2P n00b

I am still learning  :/

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #40 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 7:48am
Print Post  

your new is showing.

lurk moar

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #41 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 8:32am
Print Post  

We decide what a thread is about not the OP. I five minutes this thread will be about our love of bacon.
Suck it.

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Bahgoon
Stormreaver Piker

Get off my lawn!

Reply #42 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 8:51am
Print Post  
I find bacon sandwiches are the perfect accompaniment to a good THAC0 discussion.

And Mountain Dew.

Smiley

The various modes of worship which prevailed in the Roman world were all considered by the people as equally true; by the philosopher as equally false; and by the magistrate as equally useful.   - Edward Gibbon

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #43 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 9:21am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 6:59pm:
It's not always about you. In fact, it almost never is. Sorry to disappoint.

And yet it all too often is about me.

Quote:
Let's see...

BASE AC = 10

-7 (25 Dex)
-8 (Bracers of Armor Class 2)
-5 (Ring of Protection +5)
-5 (Cloak of Protection +5)
-15 AC Total

Of course 25 Dex is normally impossible to get unless, of course, we're playing in your or Epoch's game.  Tongue

There are probably some other things I'm forgetting like an Ioun stone or something.

Even without a 25 Dex you're still doing better than -10.

And then you actually look and there are both ways to get PCs better than that and enemies that have better than that, so suck it.

Then they wouldn't be basket weavers and we wouldn't be saying mean things to or about them... on the Internet.

Also, bacon goes great with yelling at idiots.
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2012 at 9:27am by Hi Welcome »  

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 10:57am
Print Post  
TWDiggs wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 8:32am:
We decide what a thread is about not the OP. I five minutes this thread will be about our love of bacon.
Suck it.

Actually, he has a point in this specific instance.  He was talking about rolling stats for an hour in Baldur's Gate, and Epoch jumped down his throat telling him he was an idiot for rolling stats for an hour in PnP.  Which, you know, kinda ironic there.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #45 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 2:20pm
Print Post  

You think players should be allowed to move their stats?  Pussy.

If Gary had wanted you to have that 12 (your highest roll on the 3d6 among those 6 stats) in a stat other than Cha, then the dice would have come up 12 on some other stat.

fnord

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #46 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 10:57am:
Actually, he has a point in this specific instance.  He was talking about rolling stats for an hour in Baldur's Gate, and Epoch jumped down his throat telling him he was an idiot for rolling stats for an hour in PnP.  Which, you know, kinda ironic there. 

Don't you have a cock to go suck on?  Huh

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #47 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 2:20pm:
You think players should be allowed to move their stats?  Pussy.

If Gary had wanted you to have that 12 (your highest roll on the 3d6 among those 6 stats) in a stat other than Cha, then the dice would have come up 12 on some other stat.

Suicide shuffling, old school style!

Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2012 at 6:26pm by Hi Welcome »  

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Angel Barchild
Stormreaver Piker

I'm that mean ginger kid.

Reply #48 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
I want this game! I think I just had nerdgasm.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #49 - Mar 20th, 2012 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 10:57am:

Rolling stats in BALDURS GATE for ages was my version of the Pokies. Strangely addictive.

In PnP we rolled 4d6 and dropped the lowest, 6 times. Rolling 3d6 for each stat and then having to change class because you had 11 int or str was not our idea of fun.

Point buy takes all the fun out of rolling stats for me, a bit of randomness is what DnD was built on.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint