Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Who is good and/or likes runnign challenges? (Read 9681 times)
Diogenes
Ex Member

Re: Who is good and/or likes runnign challenges?
Reply #25 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Mar 22nd, 2012 at 10:34am:
Depends on what you are running and what classes you are bringing in.

Right, would be any of FvS evoker, artificers, wiz/rog, cleric or maybe a horc warchanter if I can stand to delay TRing him past his impending 40th shroud.

and thinking the torch-centric challenges. rather than the mansion or the host-forsaken kobold island.
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2012 at 10:40am by »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #26 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Quote:
I do know 1 star in rushmore: picture portals = 150ish.

4 stars on extra planar was about 3-400

How many mats you get is based on score, not stars. You can get a higher score with less stars. Stars are for XP. I don't think that getting stars adds to your score at all.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #27 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Quote:
Kobold Island is horrible in group. HORDES attacking the extractors. It is really a very exagerated ammount. Yes, you kill them all, but they stop your extractor. I have to rethink my tactict when in group in this one.

Easy solution is to solo it. Once you get your extractors going, drop a turret. When you're the only on in there (meaning no hirelings) the scaling makes it so 1 turret can effectively keep the riff-raff off of an extractor.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 11:19am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 22nd, 2012 at 10:58am:
Easy solution is to solo it. Once you get your extractors going, drop a turret. When you're the only on in there (meaning no hirelings) the scaling makes it so 1 turret can effectively keep the riff-raff off of an extractor.

Yes, I solo it a lot, and it is quite easy. Then I wanted to do it with two of my friends (actually my brother and a friend, both not the best players in the world) "Hey, you will see, it is totally easy"... we failed... the blame was no me, of course "you told us it would be easy".

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Quote:
The meaning of CC in my static group consists only in : Crystal Cove. End of it. My brother plays a wiz and I had to tell him several times that Wall of Fire was quite a good spell. Next time I will try to convince him to use web + wall of fire. I have to take small steps.

Yeah, I've been running my first dark side toon.  Went from 7-9 in 7 runs of shadow crypt with 2 guildies on the TR train.  Last night was doing web + firewalls in fens stuff.   Still learning how to play, but that was effective in claw.

IP Logged

Var
Korthos Resident

Reply #30 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Infant wrote on Mar 22nd, 2012 at 8:33am:
- PP: As Blank said, about 150. Crappy challenge with a crappy rate.

The trick for PP is to head straight to the assassin, then to the succubus, then back to the spider.  If you've done this right, your time should be less than one minute and you just go get a sandwich.  Should net you around 2000+ points and 250-300 depending on what you killed along the way.  Usually have to open 4 doors plus base time.  :/

IP Logged

Dracosanct
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Quote:
Yes, I solo it a lot, and it is quite easy. Then I wanted to do it with two of my friends (actually my brother and a friend, both not the best players in the world) "Hey, you will see, it is totally easy"... we failed... the blame was no me, of course "you told us it would be easy".

One of the many reasons scaling should go away - it encourages soloers to keep soloing cuz they feel useful and powerful while soloing, but then gimp in groups.  I know I do since I came back  Sad

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Quote:
I do know 1 star in rushmore: picture portals = 150ish.

4 stars on extra planar was about 3-400

You should be able to get 300+ in 17ish minutes.  That's what I hit on my WF FvS who mainly kills with BB and dots.  (and quad damage when i sell to the foreman).  That's taking out the assassin, spider, and Ugg.  Getting the sucubi down should push it to 400.   The red names seem to be a scaling point value  450 for the first and then +50 points for each additional.  So Sam is 450, spider at 500, Ugg at 550.  Those were the point increases I saw running epic (level 21) solo.

FYI, I generally prefer to solo this as you have less worries about someone having a crest you need and not being close enough (since it's zerg zerg zerg in there) and scaling.
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2012 at 11:44am by LordPiglet »  

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 11:46am
Print Post  
These don't even get run on Ghallanda.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #34 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Quote:

They're great XP for getting from 18-20 on a double TR. 50k+ for each first time run is awesome (assuming you can 5 star them). Do the CR 20 version, and then the CR21 version (as long as 1 person is level 20, the non-20s can get in) and you knock a huge chunk out of that steep curve for 18-20.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #35 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 22nd, 2012 at 11:49am:
They're great XP for getting from 18-20 on a double TR. 50k+ for each first time run is awesome (assuming you can 5 star them). Do the CR 20 version, and then the CR21 version (as long as 1 person is level 20, the non-20s can get in) and you knock a huge chunk out of that steep curve for 18-20.

Even just repeating the 5 minute epic Lava Caves run is decent XP per minute and you'll get epic tokens out of it.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #36 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Mar 22nd, 2012 at 12:08pm:
Even just repeating the 5 minute epic Lava Caves run is decent XP per minute and you'll get epic tokens out of it.

True enough. Last night I had HORRIBLE maps in there. I had to recall every other run because there were no teleport pads near any of the purple crystal deposits Sad

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #37 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 22nd, 2012 at 12:17pm:
True enough. Last night I had HORRIBLE maps in there. I had to recall every other run because there were no teleport pads near any of the purple crystal deposits http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Smoak.png

I haven't been running them much now, as the "fix" to the client freezing exploit has made it so I can't featherfall any more if there is any extra network traffic on my already awful connection. I just slam straight into the ground instead of making it to the lower bridge on the left.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 22nd, 2012 at 11:49am:

I, and most of the people I run with know this. There is just no interest.

House C is mostly dead except for the raids. I had to solo the flagging quests with an IP LFM up on my Arty. I see an occasional LFM up for them and they stay up for hours with no takers.

Hell, when they were new I was soloing them on my monk because no one cared to do them.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
It's a shame this wasn't up back when I was playing.  I burned through so many friggin challenges and handed out so many mats.  Tongue

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #40 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I, and most of the people I run with know this. There is just no interest.

House C is mostly dead except for the raids. I had to solo the flagging quests with an IP LFM up on my Arty. I see an occasional LFM up for them and they stay up for hours with no takers.

Hell, when they were new I was soloing them on my monk because no one cared to do them.

Personally I don't give a shit about either of the raids. I don't run them, and I don't care if I never do again. I only recently flagged my Arti, and I just did that to help out some friends who do enjoy running the raids. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing in house C are the challenges.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 22nd, 2012 at 3:19pm:
Personally I don't give a shit about either of the raids. I don't run them, and I don't care if I never do again. I only recently flagged my Arti, and I just did that to help out some friends who do enjoy running the raids. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing in house C are the challenges.

I enjoy both. My only real issue was attaching favor to the challenges.

IP Logged

Lousypher
Korthos Resident

Delusions of Grandeur

Reply #42 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
And, starting on March 29th, get a +20% boost to Challenge rewards!

Just in Time.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Lousypher wrote on Mar 23rd, 2012 at 6:09pm:
Just in Time.

Coolio. Gonna be grinding them on my tr probably. About to ping 18.

IP Logged

PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Reply #44 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I hear ya.  I need jeweled goblets for my Arti, and I suck ass at runing all the Rushmores.
I get lost.  I fail at the internets.  Sad

Tarrant can suck my boobies.  On second thought, they are far too soft and supple for the likes of him.  Tarrant, you can GFY while having hopeless pathetic dreams of my boobies.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
PlaidPooka wrote on Mar 25th, 2012 at 8:19pm:
I hear ya.  I need jeweled goblets for my Arti, and I suck ass at runing all the Rushmores.
I get lost.  I fail at the internets.  http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Smoak.png

Rushmore's kinda sucks, though I don't know if that's still true after the mat change.

Anyway, just run a few extra runs of whatever will get you something that can be turned into Goblets.  I'm pretty sure that's what I did.

IP Logged

PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Reply #46 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Mar 25th, 2012 at 8:25pm:
Rushmore's kinda sucks, though I don't know if that's still true after the mat change.

Anyway, just run a few extra runs of whatever will get you something that can be turned into Goblets.  I'm pretty sure that's what I did. 

That's what I'm doing.  I do ok at extraplanar mining.  And I can run some Rushmore's tomorrow with my sweetie, who never gets lost!

Tarrant can suck my boobies.  On second thought, they are far too soft and supple for the likes of him.  Tarrant, you can GFY while having hopeless pathetic dreams of my boobies.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #47 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 12:17am
Print Post  
Discovered today that Rushmore's is totally awesome if you have a character that is min level to get in. Can typically run it at several levels over the character and get very nice payouts that way.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Mar 26th, 2012 at 12:17am:
Discovered today that Rushmore's is totally awesome if you have a character that is min level to get in. Can typically run it at several levels over the character and get very nice payouts that way.

This.

And with the scaling trick someone told me about, you can have a full party of six in and have it only scale to 1.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Also, running buying time for mephit wings that can traded for goblets/manuscripts. Well, epic ones anyhow. Dunno about regular.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint