Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Orien culture and Over Raided (Read 25901 times)
Aqualung
Ex Member

Re: Orien culture and Over Raided
Reply #25 - Mar 27th, 2012 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 27th, 2012 at 5:45pm:
I always do the first one free. 

Because I give him a kickback when he sends you to me for therapy.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #26 - Mar 27th, 2012 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Because I give him a kickback when he sends you to me for therapy.

If you tell them the business plan they won't buy into it.

Also, everyone should fully give over their lob fragments so some fucking scrub can get his tier 3 weapon first.  Let us face it, if someone only needed his 27 fragments, he would of handed them over to them in a heartbeat.  True story, made it up myself.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #27 - Mar 27th, 2012 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
sweez wrote on Mar 27th, 2012 at 8:02am:
If we have even one, he still represents 20% of Orien anyway Cheesy

You have, and I am 50% of the wayfinder population as well.
Ironical the Bionicle wrote on Mar 27th, 2012 at 4:22pm:
Keybreaker, sig says Paladin (12pal/6ftr/2mnk), but is he good guy or dick??

Yes.
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2012 at 7:05pm by aDifferentHandle »  

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

Ironical the Bionicle
Waterworks Kobold

RAGE!

Reply #28 - Mar 27th, 2012 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Mar 27th, 2012 at 4:38pm:
Hi. Who are you, and why should we value your opinion in any way?

Ha!  Stainer's only post that thread was weaksauce only because it failed to heighen the dramtic potential.

Anyway:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybreaker View Post
"I have no rules, but I won't allow proxy rolling" is a logically inconsistent position.

[QUOTE=Khimberlhyte;4381473]Logic. You keep using that word. I do not believe that it means what you think it means...
While no binding or written contract exists to prevent you from giving away, selling, or discarding the sweater your grandmother knitted and gave you at Christmas, it is crass and tasteless to do so, and may affect your relationship with her in the future. From what I can see,  your logic would see nothing wrong with doing that, correct?
[/quote]

Double ha!  What people find "crass and tasteless" is subjective opinion.  What is and is not logical is not a matter of opinion.  Keybreaker is right.  "I have no rules, but I won't allow proxy rolling" is illogical.

"I have ONE rule.  Do anything with your loot, just no proxy rolling." is a logically consistant position.

you have a beef with that guy?  and it's your grandma's loot.  if you didn't want it you shouldn't have rolled on it.  or left it in chest.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Mar 27th, 2012 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Mar 27th, 2012 at 6:59am:
We don't have many of the Orien folks on here, do we?

Hi.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Mar 27th, 2012 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Ironical the Bionicle wrote on Mar 27th, 2012 at 7:24pm:
Double ha!  What people find "crass and tasteless" is subjective opinion.  What is and is not logical is not a matter of opinion.  Keybreaker is right.  "I have no rules, but I won't allow proxy rolling" is illogical.

Learn to quote, retard. Too bad you cut out the relevant bits.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #31 - Mar 27th, 2012 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Mar 27th, 2012 at 8:01pm:
Hi.

Excellent! If you are the same Carpone, you are making excellent suggestions on the forums. Please continue Tongue

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #32 - Mar 27th, 2012 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Also Boston matrix of... fruit:

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4381543&postcount=115

autowin Smiley

What? Fruit is tasty Tongue

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Mar 27th, 2012 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Mar 27th, 2012 at 10:22pm:
Also Boston matrix of... fruit:

Original is from xkcd
http://xkcd.com/388/

The hover text is often the best part of that comic strip.

Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Ironical the Bionicle
Waterworks Kobold

RAGE!

Reply #34 - Mar 27th, 2012 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Mar 27th, 2012 at 10:28pm:
Original is from xkcd
http://xkcd.com/388/

The hover text is often the best part of that comic strip.

"I have no rules, but I won't allow proxy rolling" is illogical.

HONK

« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2012 at 10:48pm by Ironical the Bionicle »  

IP Logged

Vanshilar
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 3:46am
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Mar 27th, 2012 at 11:57am:
They mostly keep to themselves, although they'll leave their LFM up with just "OR" in the info block for much of the evening. That can be annoying since guild chat exists for a reason, but several of the end-game guilds on Orien do that kind of thing.

The actual reason is that it takes time for the game client to load the LFM list, but one of the first things to load is the LFM comments. So when we run raids back-to-back and people are switching to different characters, the group can be formed even though the guys switching over can't see who's putting up the LFMs yet (the name of the character putting up each LFM is slow to load). We've tried having the group leader directly invite people as they log in, but that didn't work because load-in times for everyone is different and that resulted in a lot of expiring invites.

Last night , six of the eleven people in their guild raid group were anonymous. That is a very high ratio compared with any other guild-only LFM I have seen, and it says one of two things to me (or a bit of both) - they are either harassed, or else they don't want any interaction with anyone else on the server.

Members get harassed. Generally by people of the Desolator variety, but there's also other types. Squelching doesn't help because it's toon-specific. GMs are basically useless. Getting stuff done and being active on the forums means it attracts the nutcases.

It seems that Keybreaker would love to see all of Orien work together as well and as efficiently as his guild does internally. It is good to have dreams, but internet forums are places where dreams tend to get brutally murdered.

Key has this Quixotic vision that people on Orien can learn how to do raids and be better prepared and better equipped players if only given a bit of direction, so occasionally he'll post some stuff on the forums to try to get people to understand what to do and be ready for the endgame. (He also used to lead daily PUG Shroud completions on Orien, and training runs on Saturdays, even loaning out DR-breakers for whoever didn't have them, and Bril who would eventually lead Over Raided used to do that as well prior to Key, so it's kind of funny every time I see posts saying that OR people should get out and PUG more.) Unfortunately they always devolve into the same forum trolls disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing and trying to score political points. I've joked to Key that he should just start a thread someday about something completely random, like "hey I went to the barber shop today" just to watch the idiots pour in like "such an elitist expecting others to cut your hair" or "I bet you didn't tip him much" or whatever.

When Turbine recommended all new players go to Orien it basically resulted in everyone on the server thinking they're hotshots in the game because it's made up of newbies so everyone's "good" relative to each other, so it's difficult to get people on Orien to, you know, actually improve on their playing. Everyone thinks they got what it takes even though very few actually do. People who say they can PUG any group to completion have obviously never played on Orien. So you get a lot of people like Desolator who posts about "video proof of soloing epic ADQ1!" and you watch the video and it's just him running to the three easy chests and looting them, and thinking he's hardcore.

Then they get offended that you don't bow to their needs or wait for them to slowly make their way to the raid, as if their attendance is necessary for a raid completion and the whole party should wait around for them. Part of the reason why we're less inclined to take PUGs nowadays is because there's been too many incidents of people joining, we'll say "hey we're starting, get over here quick", then we watch them dawdle on their airship for another five minutes when we already have 11 people waiting inside. Then they throw a hissy fit that we didn't wait for them, and likely end up posting on the forums about how OR is just a bunch of elitists that aren't willing to wait around for them.

Generally people who troll OR can be divided into the "functionally retarded" types like Desolator who just wants some attention and the "have an axe to grind because they feel slighted" types as you can see in the thread. Sometimes both. Which is unfortunate because there's rarely any good drama like what Khyber is reported to have, although I would guess that other extreme powergamer guilds like the Revenants probably have similar types of trolls. (This being Orien, there's also a subclass of the second type of people who think they're hotshots but get rejected by Over Raided for a variety of reasons like attitude or personality, and then go around actively making up stuff about Over Raided, thereby validating why they were rejected in the first place. There's also quite a large subclass of the second type that pretend they're all-inviting and man-of-the-people on the forums, actively going around screaming "elitist!" or whatever every time an OR member posts anything as their guild recruiting method, but their leaders and members in-game are very critical and harsh on PUGs and make fun of them, enough to make them cry -- true story. It's a bigger portion of the OR-bashers on the forums than you may think.) It's more the type of facepalm drama which makes you wonder how these people made it through middle school (or maybe they didn't?) or weren't beat up every day at school (or maybe they were? the internet connection provides easy protection for whatever they say). It's probably the human equivalent of musth for elephants, where having enough elder elephants around will prevent younger elephants from this type of idiotic behavior.

The thread gives another example of self-important PUGs, where the LFM said "VoD" and is a quick run (we're not the only guild on Orien to say "quick run" in the LFM by the way -- it's not a speedrun but means "we're not going to wait, we'll start soon as we have enough people"), and yet some people run to HoX instead and then get miffed that we don't wait for them to re-clear the Subterrane when the rest of the party is already waiting by the VoD door. And that ends up on the forums as meanies "leaving a third of a party out of VOD" without pointing out those PUGs' own incompetence or that they kept the rest of the group waiting in what's supposed to be a quick run because of their stupidity or lack of literacy, however you want to take it.

It doesn't mean that all PUGs on Orien are bad. But in pretty much all the cases where people try to badmouth OR members on the forums through such incidents, I ask the guild members involved and they'll give the actual details of the run that somehow never seem to make it into those "badmouth OR" posts. And they'll give some critical piece of information, such as the above, that show that all those incidents are really just the result of the PUGs' stupidity and sense of self-importance, as if we're expected to raid at their convenience. Every. Single. One. There are plenty of examples of this, as well as of the "axe to grind" variety, such as when someone went on the forums claiming that an OR member purposely sabotaged their ToD speedrun. The basis for this claim was that they had told everyone in the group to DPS Nythirios in part 2 but the OR member didn't. It turns out (the part that they "forgot" to post) that the OR member was actually the one in charge of the shadows, and was busy dealing with getting the shadows' aggro and keeping himself alive. Even now, with shadow tanking more prevalent, even in guild runs we don't expect the shadow tank to be DPSing Nythirios, much less a PUG (and the member was not a well-known Over Raided skilled caster like Flamicia or Selina, and the character was definitely not his primary toon nor geared out). But of course all people saw on the forums was some guy claiming that an OR member was going around sabotaging other people's ToD runs before the thread got removed.

Unfortunately the Turbine forum mods never bother to do anything about it, at most perhaps removing a post here or there or locking down a thread once the trolls have taken it over, but apparently never handing out infractions (because the same people continually make the same type of posts and get threads locked over and over and yet continue to post; I think it's horrible policy to lock threads without handing out infractions because locking a thread means it violates the forum rules in some way, and without infractions or bans the perpetrators are completely free to do it over and over). Partly why I tend to be more involved with the forums as a whole rather than the Orien forums.
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2012 at 8:16am by Vanshilar »  

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 7:18am
Print Post  
Vanshilar wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 3:46am:
Members get harassed. Generally by people of the Desolator variety, but there's also other types. Squelching doesn't help because it's toon-specific.

Most of our healers are anon because they don't want to get the "Wanna join my group/raid?" tells.  It starts at level 1 in Korthos and never stops.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Members get harassed.

At one point, I recall reading someone on the forums talking about going anon because of how many tells they would get from randoms demanding a guild invite because they wanted to be in a high level guild.

Then they get offended that you don't bow to their needs or wait for them to slowly make their way to the raid, as if their attendance is necessary for a raid completion and the whole party should wait around for them.

Based on the few I ran on Khyber, I would have to say that half the reason stainer runs Shroud is to enjoy the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the slowpokes who don't understand that a one minute warning does not mean one minute AFTER hitting the vendor, stone of change for guild augments, brokers, and airship. It means one minute until they hit the portal.

Carpone wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 7:18am:
Most of our healers are anon because they don't want to get the "Wanna join my group/raid?" tells.  It starts at level 1 in Korthos and never stops.

My divines don't have that problem, but here is probably a valid reason for that, related to the death penalties and equipment damage that others might accumulate. I got over the compulsion to respond to tells a long time ago.

It was at least half melee, oddly, but that could be due to the harassment as well.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #38 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 9:59am
Print Post  
My healer isn't anonymous, but that's mostly because I don't actually log in with him ever unless someone in the guild tells me "Hey, Pope - go get your hjealer and join my raid."

fnord

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #39 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 10:59am
Print Post  
I don't get tells on my cleric or fvs. I must have an awesome reputation.

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #40 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 7:18am:

I logged on to my capped cleric last night and I got a tell asking to join HoX before I got off the loading screen.

Then a few minutes later:

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #41 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 11:52am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 10:59am:
I don't get tells on my cleric or fvs. I must have an awesome reputation.

Ditto.

Anyone who has had me heal for them thinks
twice before letting that happen again.

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #42 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Slug wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 11:31am:
I logged on to my capped cleric last night and I got a tell asking to join HoX before I got off the loading screen.

Then a few minutes later:
http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t483/Kanatash/JoinTOD.jpg

I think this response would have been better
if it was in reply to the hound request.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
When I want to take a week vacation from DDO I log onto my healer and politely say "fuck you" whenever I get a tell.

IP Logged

Kracky
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
And the new bendmybow is simply insane:

http://my.ddo.com/character/thelanis/bendmybow/

MMM really insane eh ? I'm not knocking your toon but that is pretty averagish. Kinda just capped starting Epics area.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #45 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Jerry is a boring poopy head.

Thread is now closed.  :<
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2012 at 1:49pm by popejubal »  

fnord

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #46 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Kracky wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 1:42pm:
And the new bendmybow is simply insane:

http://my.ddo.com/character/thelanis/bendmybow/

MMM really insane eh ? I'm not knocking your toon but that is pretty averagish. Kinda just capped starting Epics area.

Look, I've got 15 characters to gear Tongue

You're right, though, I do need to farm some eHunter's bracers for when I'm not tanking. Other than that, most epic gear is rather unimpressive for a pure ranged build.

The insanity is 10k stars + manyshot + haste boost + critical multiplier bonus from Earth 3 stance; my haste-boosted, warforged-power-attacking, STR-based dark monk can't keep up with that kind of DPS.
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2012 at 2:34pm by Feynman »  

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #47 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Feynman wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 2:32pm:
Look, I've got 15 characters to gear Tongue

You're right, though, I do need to farm some eHunter's bracers for when I'm not tanking. Other than that, most epic gear is rather unimpressive for a pure ranged build.

Yes, you graduated from puketastic to hot mess.  Gratz.
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2012 at 2:34pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #48 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Due to fighting, this thread is now closed.

Good thing we have papa Cordovan to keep the kids under control.

IP Logged

Ironical the Bionicle
Waterworks Kobold

RAGE!

Reply #49 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Due to fighting, this thread is now closed.

Meh.  Not enough fighting to warrant CUbing of posts.

Next.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint