Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Orien culture and Over Raided (Read 25920 times)
pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Re: Orien culture and Over Raided
Reply #50 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
sweez wrote on Mar 27th, 2012 at 8:02am:
If we have even one, he still represents 20% of Orien anyway Cheesy

* Raises Hand *

Carpone wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 7:18am:
Most of our healers are anon because they don't want to get the "Wanna join my group/raid?" tells.  It starts at level 1 in Korthos and never stops.

It doesn't matter WHAT guild you're in - if you have a cleric symbol, you're going to get those starting from before you even get to the island :p

I've run with OR guys both in their raids and when they were PUGging - never had a problem with them, but you by GOD better be able to keep up with the pace, and be ready to go when you hit the LFM.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 8:58am:
At one point, I recall reading someone on the forums talking about going anon because of how many tells they would get from randoms demanding a guild invite because they wanted to be in a high level guild.

That certainly contributed to it.

For a while, we wholesale rejected all requests for ship invites for buffing or crafting (we were the only high level guild ship on Orien for most of a year).  When people asked why, it was easier to tell them that our guild leader was a dick and didn't allow outsiders and we'd get kicked if we did. In reality, we just didn't want to rehash the same fucking argument with people about us spending a year playtime focusing on guild renown to give access to every asshole with a sense of entitlement because they were grouping with us.  Also, we have so few members that if we let everyone on that asked, we'd spend most of our playtime giving people access.  None of us signed up for that.  There's also the technical issue of not being able to give someone an invite to your guild ship when no one else is on the ship. Due to our small size, that was often.  Most of the Orien population are too dumb to understand that even when it was spelled out to them.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 4:14pm:
I've run with OR guys both in their raids and when they were PUGging - never had a problem with them, but you by GOD better be able to keep up with the pace, and be ready to go when you hit the LFM.

For what it's worth, we've locked out our own slowpoke members before and haven't restarted to get them in.  We value everyone's time and expect them to reciprocate. Unfortunately there's a large Orien segment that doesn't value other people's time.  We refuse to oblige them.

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 6:25pm:
For what it's worth, we've locked out our own slowpoke members before and haven't restarted to get them in.  We value everyone's time and expect them to reciprocate. Unfortunately there's a large Orien segment that doesn't value other people's time.  We refuse to oblige them.

We have them on khyber too. Their called "she plz"

IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
We have them on khyber too. Their called "she plz"

I've never heard anybody either say or be called "she plz" on Khyber.

Is this some new thing I've just been lucky enough to miss, or are you talking about the "shr plz" crowd, also known as "boot me now" people?

Cheesy

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Siver wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 6:40pm:
I've never heard anybody either say or be called "she plz" on Khyber.

Is this some new thing I've just been lucky enough to miss, or are you talking about the "shr plz" crowd, also known as "boot me now" people?

Cheesy

Yes

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #56 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 6:25pm:

On the off chance I was misunderstood - I think the emphasis on keeping things moving, playing smart, and being ready to go BEFORE you hit the LFM is a GOOD thing.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 8:20pm:
On the off chance I was misunderstood - I think the emphasis on keeping things moving, playing smart, and being ready to go BEFORE you hit the LFM is a GOOD thing.

It's all good.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #58 - Mar 29th, 2012 at 2:36am
Print Post  
pnellesen wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 8:20pm:

So this. It's called common courtesy, if you aren't ready sit this one out and join the next one. Or prep your toons before you log so you are good to go. And I love being locked out of shroud because then I get to go AoK for 20 mins while the other 11 suckers get me a completion

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Mar 29th, 2012 at 7:19am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Mar 27th, 2012 at 10:17pm:
Excellent! If you are the same Carpone, you are making excellent suggestions on the forums. Please continue Tongue

Thanks for the feedback.  Would be great to hear that from Turbine devs, but I lowered my expectations a long time ago.

IP Logged

Curimi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 9:06am
Print Post  
LOL fuck seriously if a guild with like .001% fraction of active server population can aggro THAT much of playerz... I'd say there's some shit going on with the guild's general attitude toward common people as well Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy which is evident... whenever OR drama happens you'll see almost all of their guild members swarming the whole place trying to levitate themselves into godhood while putting down everyone else not complimenting them as jerks and bigassholez  Shocked

Well I am telling you what, if the minority is at fault and thinking everyone else is a jerk, they themselves are in fact jerks with a splash of elitismz  Cool
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2012 at 9:10am by Curimi »  

IP Logged

Ironical the Bionicle
Waterworks Kobold

RAGE!

Reply #61 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Curimi wrote on Apr 4th, 2012 at 9:06am:
LOL fuck seriously if a guild with like .001% fraction of active server population can aggro THAT much of playerz... I'd say there's some shit going on with the guild's general attitude toward common people as well Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy which is evident... whenever OR drama happens you'll see almost all of their guild members swarming the whole place trying to levitate themselves into godhood while putting down everyone else not complimenting them as jerks and bigassholez  Shocked

Well I am telling you what, if the minority is at fault and thinking everyone else is a jerk, they themselves are in fact jerks with a splash of elitismz  Cool

wtf are u trying to say?  do you hate them or worship them?

just to clear shit up:  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Cry

IP Logged

Curimi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Ironical the Bionicle wrote on Apr 4th, 2012 at 9:22am:
wtf are u trying to say?  do you hate them or worship them?

just to clear shit up:  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin >http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Smoak.png http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Smoak.png Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Cry

Live long n prosper OR dramaz?  Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

Slug
Shroud Slacker

Reply #63 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Curimi wrote on Apr 4th, 2012 at 9:06am:

Why? Because you say so?

Bsod had no problem running house C with me (a complete nobody) the other night. I've been playing close to a year now and haven't had any drama with them. I've seen more elitism out of Righteous Ire and The Matrix.

I can seriously imagine people starting drama with them. Doesn't make it OR's fault.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #64 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 10:57am
Print Post  
I grow tired of this thread.

No one here gives a flying fuck about Orien.

Please stop.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2012 at 10:57am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Cauthey
Ex Member

Reply #65 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Apr 4th, 2012 at 10:57am:
I grow tired of this thread.

No one here gives a flying fuck about Orien.

Please stop.

Thank you.

I'm an Orienonien!  *cry*

Kimberlite wrote on Mar 27th, 2012 at 11:57am:
I've seen Selina spend a lot of time in the harbour on her sorc during Risia, helping others with buffs (Vengeance777 in the thread, post in top of page 4). I've also seen idiots slagging her and her guild in general chat while she does that.

Yeah, I've seen Desolator do that, too.  Funny, I don't see him on or in the raiding scene anymore.  I wonder if Middle School started getting tougher for him...  Tongue

Desolator's Risia videos gave me enough pointers to learn the ice jump twitch, and got me to the deck.  I wanted to like the dude, but he was always so full of himself, and constantly spewing poison over OR.  Seriously butthurt, that one.

There was a Shroud once that I applied to, and Desolator was there.  Our last healer spot was filled by a FvS.  Desolator immediately starts laying into the dude (full on party text chat ATTACK) because he happens to be in OR.

The FvS was beside himself.  He had never grouped with Desolator before, and was flabbergasted by the assault, and for the most part shook it off and ignored it after a couple of "what the hell did I ever do to you"s.  And, of course, it's because of shit like this that it's no wonder OR folks are selective about who they group with.  I certainly can't hold it against them.  It's their play experience - let them play the game as they so choose.

Ironical the Bionicle wrote on Mar 27th, 2012 at 4:22pm:
Keybreaker, sig says Paladin (12pal/6ftr/2mnk), but is he good guy or dick?

He's a good guy.  Though, I think that he is among the variety with not a lot of patience.  Which can seem "dick."  But, as others have said  - they value their time, and don't care to muck around smelling the roses.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #66 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm an Orienonien!  *cry*

Yeah, I've seen Desolator do that, too.  Funny, I don't see him on or in the raiding scene anymore.  I wonder if Middle School started getting tougher for him...  Tongue

Desolator's Risia videos gave me enough pointers to learn the ice jump twitch, and got me to the deck.  I wanted to like the dude, but he was always so full of himself, and constantly spewing poison over OR.  Seriously butthurt, that one.

There was a Shroud once that I applied to, and Desolator was there.  Our last healer spot was filled by a FvS.  Desolator immediately starts laying into the dude (full on party text chat ATTACK) because he happens to be in OR.

The FvS was beside himself.  He had never grouped with Desolator before, and was flabbergasted by the assault, and for the most part shook it off and ignored it after a couple of "what the hell did I ever do to you"s.  And, of course, it's because of shit like this that it's no wonder OR folks are selective about who they group with.  I certainly can't hold it against them.  It's their play experience - let them play the game as they so choose.

He's a good guy.  Though, I think that he is among the variety with not a lot of patience.  Which can seem "dick."  But, as others have said  - they value their time, and don't care to muck around smelling the roses.

I guess that I'm willing to be patient for these guys, and many others are not. Still, they are getting good work done.

Also, I'm putting things OverRaided into this perspective:

Husband: Baby, can you get me a beer!!
Wife: I will, but not RIGHT NOW! *deep breaths* *in labor*
Husband: Jeez. How hard is it to get me a beer? And why is it taking her so long? She's worthless!
Wife: No big deal, just HAVING A BABY!! (Read: having a guild raid) *pushes* *deep breaths*
Husband: I'm never going to get my beer. *rage*

fnord

IP Logged

Cauthey
Ex Member

Reply #67 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Apr 4th, 2012 at 11:54am:
Also, I'm putting things OverRaided into this perspective:

Husband: Baby, can you get me a beer!!
Wife: I will, but not RIGHT NOW! *deep breaths* *in labor*
Husband: Jeez. How hard is it to get me a beer? And why is it taking her so long? She's worthless!
Wife: No big deal, just HAVING A BABY!! (Read: having a guild raid) *pushes* *deep breaths*
Husband: I'm never going to get my beer. *rage*

I think that would be for the best.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Rogue
Korthos Resident

Moral Minder. Stopping
jerks at every turn.

Reply #68 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 2:00am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Apr 4th, 2012 at 10:57am:
I grow tired of this thread..

So stop reading it...

A bit late to this thread, but I play only on Orien and OR are just fine.
Well other than the fact that they poached one of our guilds best players hehe. (The poachee was honest and let us know from the beginning he was considering it. Ultimately we all agreed it was the best thing for him to do.)

OR are simply really really good. On the occasions I PUG with them, I have never felt them to be nasty or anything. Anyone complaining about them simply have penis envy.

Orien is a great server, players are nice, yes, simply nice and all you poor bastards from Kyhber and whatnot servers, with your horrible PUG stories and loot etiquette, can all continue to drown in your muddy tears.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #69 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 7:55am
Print Post  
It really is a damn shame we are incapable of having a good time on Khyber.

IP Logged

Rogue
Korthos Resident

Moral Minder. Stopping
jerks at every turn.

Reply #70 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 at 7:55am:
It really is a damn shame we are incapable of having a good time on Khyber.

I am just judging by all the complaint threads hehe.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #71 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 9:58am
Print Post  
We were going to complain about all the fun we were having, but the posts felt disingenuous.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #72 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 at 9:58am:
complain about all the fun we were having

What is the first rule of fight club?

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #73 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Don't put your finger in there!

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Slug wrote on Apr 4th, 2012 at 9:59am:
Bsod had no problem running house C with me (a complete nobody) the other night. I've been playing close to a year now and haven't had any drama with them. I've seen more elitism out of Righteous Ire and The Matrix.

Bsod/Ua/Thraddash (Vanshilar on forums) is one of the most level headed and generous people I know.  Most of his posts deserve to be in the hall of fame.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint