Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Orien culture and Over Raided (Read 25914 times)
Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Re: Orien culture and Over Raided
Reply #75 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yeah, I've seen Desolator do that, too.  Funny, I don't see him on or in the raiding scene anymore.  I wonder if Middle School started getting tougher for him...  Tongue

Desolator's Risia videos gave me enough pointers to learn the ice jump twitch, and got me to the deck.  I wanted to like the dude, but he was always so full of himself, and constantly spewing poison over OR.  Seriously butthurt, that one.

I miss Desolator.  The wannabes on the Orien forum like ladypummel and lordpummel need lessons from him.

Desolator's best video was the one where he proclaimed he soloed Epic Against the Demon Queen, when all he did was invis run to the three chests to farm seals.  He never actually completed the quest.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Curimi wrote on Apr 4th, 2012 at 9:06am:
LOL fuck seriously if a guild with like .001% fraction of active server population can aggro THAT much of playerz... I'd say there's some shit going on with the guild's general attitude toward common people as well Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy which is evident... whenever OR drama happens you'll see almost all of their guild members swarming the whole place trying to levitate themselves into godhood while putting down everyone else not complimenting them as jerks and bigassholez  Shocked

Well I am telling you what, if the minority is at fault and thinking everyone else is a jerk, they themselves are in fact jerks with a splash of elitismz  Cool

Why should anyone in OR give a flying fuck what you think?

IP Logged

Deeds
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Apr 4th, 2012 at 10:57am:
No one here gives a flying fuck about Orien.

Carpone wrote on Apr 8th, 2012 at 12:50pm:
Why should anyone in OR give a flying fuck what you think?

And not a single flying fuck was given this day.

Also, penis.

IP Logged

Cauthey
Ex Member

Reply #78 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Apr 8th, 2012 at 12:49pm:
Desolator's best video was the one where he proclaimed he soloed Epic Against the Demon Queen, when all he did was invis run to the three chests to farm seals.  He never actually completed the quest.

I missed seeing him make that claim for that one.  Or maybe I did see the claim...can't remember.

Anyway, I can tell you that it was that video that taught me how to scroll/seal farm.  It took practice to get it right.  But, that video was the "ahh ha!" moment I needed to get in there and learn it.

IP Logged

substrate
Dragon Raider

Reply #79 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Apr 8th, 2012 at 12:49pm:

It was hilarious how he then claimed nobody else could do what he did and certainly not without a blue bar.  Sparticus countered with a video showing how easy it is to 'solo adq' on a barbarian. 

I wish Desolator would come back, he was high quality entertainment.

IP Logged

kickass
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 10:02am
Print Post  
how can i join OR

do i post my application here?

IP Logged

Cabocleer
Korthos Resident

Um, yeah, whatever.

Reply #81 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
kickass wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 10:02am:
how can i join OR

Yes, post it here.  Someone will be along to give you feedback in a little while.

Making it weirder for some time now.

IP Logged

Ironical the Bionicle
Waterworks Kobold

RAGE!

Reply #82 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
This will get deleted soon.  Sloppy cut and paste:

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4407684&postcount=99

[QUOTE=Keybreaker;4407684]
[QUOTE=ladypummel;4406241]this  post  is funny and it wasnt  even me  this  time

most  buffs stop at  63  and   the gs crafting  at  70  there  are  plenty  of  open-minded  guilds  out  there  that  will let  you come  aboard so dont  fret [/quote]

ROFL.  Wasn't it?  Wasn't it you?  (Again?)

Nevermind what other people are writing.  Can you even comprehend your own words?  If you meant to say we were closed-minded jerks, then own up to it.  (There's really no other reasonable interpretation of what you wrote.)

If that's not what you meant despite what you said, either clear things up or apologize or let it die.

[QUOTE=ladypummel;4407602]again just because your guild took the  word open-minded  as  a  direct  insult [/quote]
No one is insulted that you called them "open-minded."  You are purposely confusing the issue using feigned indignation and ignorance as a shield.

In several posts, including in this thread, I've clarified my position, even though I shouldn't have to justify my guild's guild policy.  Why use us as a foil to try make yourself and other guilds seem more "open-minded."   (Look up the word "foil" if you don't know what it means in this context.)

In the end, you don't want your guildies pestered with blind ship invite requests either, so I'm having trouble seeing your open-minded generosity anyway.

I've seen people volunteering other guilds as targets of blind tells:

[QUOTE=Isharah;4402952]Curiosity aside, you can send tells to people from the Phoenix Knights, Matrix, The Myths, etc. and most (if not all) of them would gladly invite you onboard. They have the same ship as OR's. [/quote]
But I haven't seen any other guild leader, including yours, invite everyone in an OPEN guild ship policy.  (By contrast there is a guild on Sarlona so desperate for attention and validation that they actively "push" invites to their ship.)

So what purpose does your smarmy, insincere, hypocritical observation (that "there  are  plenty  of  open-minded  guilds  out  there  that  will let  you come  aboard...") serve except to infer the the guild named in the Subject Line is NOT "open-minded"?

Or are you really, truly, helplessly saying that you had no idea what you were saying?  I suppose it's possible.  Your own guild officer is publicly mocking your (il)literacy:
[QUOTE=baletraeger;4407406]Did you just accuse a pummel troll of using a literary device? [/quote]

Back on point:

If you want high-level guild amenities:
(1) Invest in your guild and level it up.
(2) Join a high level guild (you need to bring something to the table, few guilds are charities).
(3) Make friends or join a raiding channel (again, you need to bring something to the table).

No one in your quest/raid party OWES you a ship invite.  No one standing around the marketplace OWES you a ship invite.  No one on the WHO list OWES you a ship invite.  But especially if someone is anonymous, and in a high level guild, and hasn't proactively offered you an invite or responded to your initial request, then don't bother them again.
[/quote]

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
kickass wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 10:02am:
how can i join OR

Rejected.  Next.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Jesus Christ Ironicle.  Your formatting is worse than the brain damaged pummels.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #85 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Smiley

I have to say I do feel quite sorry for OverRaided. You guys are, I presume, an optimum sort of size, 12 accounts or thereabouts. Therefore, when you're on, you're bloody running shit, not hovering about on the boat for the next entitled fucktard to pop along because they can't be bothered to do 5 minutes of admin before crafting in a Shroud....

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 6:40pm:
Smiley

I have to say I do feel quite sorry for OverRaided. You guys are, I presume, an optimum sort of size, 12 accounts or thereabouts. Therefore, when you're on, you're bloody running shit, not hovering about on the boat for the next entitled fucktard to pop along because they can't be bothered to do 5 minutes of admin before crafting in a Shroud....

We're around 22 accounts right now.  There are a couple of "vets" that don't raid due to scheduling conflicts or just the fact they're burned out on running ToD for the 300th time.

Sadly ladypummel, lordpummel and other intelligensia represent the "best of the best" Orien has to offer (an oldie but goodie): http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3796976

IP Logged

Ironical the Bionicle
Waterworks Kobold

RAGE!

Reply #87 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Weak.

Thread closed
Quote:
Please refrain from personal attacks and bringing unrelated conflicts to other threads. This thread already crossed the line a while back. If you are having issues with specific users, please place them on your ignore list.

- IWZincedge, Moderation Team

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 11:30am
Print Post  
From last night...Typical example of Orien's intelligensia having a conversation with OR's guild leader:

(Tell): Dragonluv tells you, 'any vacancy in ur guild?'
(Tell): You tell Dragonluv, 'no'
(Tell): Dragonluv tells you, 'do u mind inviting me on ur ship...i wanna see 100 level ship pls'
(Tell): Dragonluv tells you, 'lol...cant even see ur ship?...hmm'
(Tell): You tell Dragonluv, 'our leader does not allow ship invites'
(Tell): Dragonluv tells you, 'some kinda leader...sounds like hitler to me'
(Tell): You tell Dragonluv, 'yea he's a dick but he sets guild policy'
(Tell): Dragonluv tells you, 'wat good buffs u get at that level? +3 shrines?'
(Tell): You tell Dragonluv, 'stop sending me tells'

IP Logged

Ironical the Bionicle
Waterworks Kobold

RAGE!

Reply #89 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
You are Nazis if you don't invite random fucking strangers!

Also, I'm too fucking lazy to look up available guild ammenities... will you spend the next hour answering my stupid fucking questions?  Or else u r Hitler!?  PLz?

Carpone wrote on Apr 19th, 2012 at 11:30am:
From last night...Typical example of Orien's intelligensia having a conversation with OR's guild leader:

(Tell): Dragonluv tells you, 'any vacancy in ur guild?'
(Tell): Dragonluv tells you, 'do u mind inviting me on ur ship...i wanna see 100 level ship pls'
(Tell): Dragonluv tells you, 'lol...cant even see ur ship?...hmm'
(Tell): You tell Dragonluv, 'our leader does not allow ship invites'
(Tell): Dragonluv tells you, 'some kinda leader...sounds like hitler to me'
(Tell): You tell Dragonluv, 'yea he's a dick but he sets guild policy'
(Tell): Dragonluv tells you, 'wat good buffs u get at that level? +3 shrines?'
(Tell): You tell Dragonluv, 'stop sending me tells'

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Lol should spread that +3 shrines rumor more, had someone on khyber ask me why the hell don't we in WL have +3 shrines, he totally read on the forums that some thelanis guild has them! Cheesy

IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 3:00am
Print Post  
sweez wrote on Apr 19th, 2012 at 10:19pm:
Lol should spread that +3 shrines rumor more, had someone on khyber ask me why the hell don't we in WL have +3 shrines, he totally read on the forums that some thelanis guild has them! Cheesy

Nah. Tell them you get to skip to +4 shrines. See what happens then.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
sweez wrote on Apr 19th, 2012 at 10:19pm:

The best rumor we started: Getting guild level 100 granted Completionist to every toon in the guild, complete with Vengeance777's photoshopped evidence.  It's retarded the number of people who believed it.
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2012 at 9:15pm by Carpone »  

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #93 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 9:14pm:
The best rumor we started: Getting guild level 100 granted Completionist to every toon in the guild, complete with Vengeance777's photoshopped evidence.  It's retarded the number of people who believed it.

I've had people tell me in party chat on Argonessen that they're excited about the progress that their guild is making because they're going to hit 100 before the end of the summer and get the completionist feat. 

They were not kidding.  And this has happened multiple times. 

From people in different guilds.

I think Vengeance777's photoshop is eventually going to be more a powerful meme than chest blessing.

fnord

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #94 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:20pm:
I think Vengeance777's photoshop is eventually going to be more a powerful meme than chest blessing.

Star of all people fell for it.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #95 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 4:31am
Print Post  
I liked the SP pot vendor story a bit.
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2012 at 4:31am by aDifferentHandle »  

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #96 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 4:59am
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:08pm:
Star of all people fell for it.

Star fell for it?

Yet, for some reason, I am not surprised.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #97 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 9:15am
Print Post  
aDifferentHandle wrote on Apr 21st, 2012 at 4:31am:
I liked the SP pot vendor story a bit.

That's a bit too young yet to have taken root yet.  I think we started that two weeks ago.

The other myth we couldn't believe stuck: Flamicia is a completionist and posted a screenshot with a thought to be unachievable DC on a Pale Master with a bunch of wizard/fvs past lives.  A guildie casually mentioned in a pug TR group who brought up his insane DC, and replied that Flam had landed Finger of Death on Horoth (killing him).  Flam started getting numerous tells to join ToDs...

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #98 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Apr 21st, 2012 at 9:15am:
replied that Flam had landed Finger of Death on Horoth (killing him).  Flam started getting numerous tells to join ToDs...

LMAO classic

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #99 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Apr 21st, 2012 at 9:15am:
replied that Flam had landed Finger of Death on Horoth (killing him).  Flam started getting numerous tells to join ToDs...

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint