Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Epic Scrolls (Read 7934 times)
Stanley Nicholas
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Epic Scrolls
Reply #25 - Mar 30th, 2012 at 9:17am
Print Post  
JC wrote on Mar 27th, 2012 at 10:11pm:
WRONG. They would turn off scroll drops the next day. Then turn it back on when they fix it a month later.

Maybe that is what happened.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #26 - Mar 30th, 2012 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Patch 1 seemingly going live Monday: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=367563

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #27 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Patch notes: http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Release_Notes_Update_13_Patch_1_Official

If this actually fixes what it claims it fixes, this is the best patch ever.

It'll be hard to get used to epics being worth running again. My poor TRs.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #28 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Decreased upstream bandwidth usage related to mouse click information.Less Cannith lag hopefully.
Fixed an issue that could cause lag when an avatar’s position was in dispute by the server.Sounds frighteningly similar to the ladder bug...
Reduced the resource usage of the game UI in combat. Spell casters and hotbar connoisseurs should experience better performance. No more 200 cooldown animations per clicky/spell!

IP Logged

Nope
Dragon Raider

Nada

Reply #29 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 11:36am
Print Post  
not sure if I'm just unlucky or what, but scroll farming von5 this morning, only got 1 scroll for 150 kills.

someone else I know didn't get a scroll until 230ish kills in the fens.

did they lower the drop rate maybe?

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 11:27am:
Decreased upstream bandwidth usage related to mouse click information.Less Cannith lag hopefully.

So they finally figured out people were using autoclick programs to convert essences? Cheesy

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #31 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Nope wrote on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 11:36am:
not sure if I'm just unlucky or what, but scroll farming von5 this morning, only got 1 scroll for 150 kills.

someone else I know didn't get a scroll until 230ish kills in the fens.

did they lower the drop rate maybe?

No. Drop rate I saw farming eChrono is normal. Shit like this is why no one believed the guy that reported scroll drops being broken.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #32 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 11:27am:
Fixed an issue that could cause lag when an avatar’s position was in dispute by the server.Sounds frighteningly similar to the ladder bug...

This is currently driving me crazy. Was just getting used to the fucked up way U13 was doing this. Now instead of just 1 big snap back and 1 or 2 tiny corrections after, I seem to get 2 big ones followed by a 3rd that is somewhere between those 2. Plus I still get the stupid feather fall doesn't work bug if there is any sort of network traffic blocking my signal. U13 is my least favorite update so far even though I really like the quests.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
After being broken for so long, you'd think Turbine could temporarily boost the drop rate chance of epic scrolls.  What a bunch of cocksuckers.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #34 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 4:41pm:
After being broken for so long, you'd think Turbine could temporarily boost the drop rate chance of epic scrolls.  What a bunch of cocksuckers.

I am thinking that the reason it broke in the first place was that they tried to implement a system to adjust their drop rate on-the-fly and it was no worky.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #35 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 5:06pm:
I am thinking that the reason it broke in the first place was that they tried to implement a system to adjust their drop rate on-the-fly and it was no worky.

Not sure it's quite that simple. They did not catch the bug - it was reported by players when the update went live - and even when they knew it was happening it looked very much like it took them a long time to figure out why it was happening. They may have tried to adjust droprate in U13 quests and broken it everywhere else, but who knows - they're keeping very quiet about the whole thing.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 5:17pm:
they're keeping very quiet about the whole thing.

That's Turbine's mantra. They have a poor track record communicating with the community on things the community actually cares about.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #37 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Actually MajMal, Feather, etc (whoever the dev was that admitted to breaking Abbot tiles) have done a decent job of communicating while they've been around. Which make the lack of information on scrolls interesting - almost certainly a reason for it, whether not wanting to admit to fucking with drop rates or what.

Heck Cordovan even admitted a hotfix was for an exploit for the first time ever.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2012 at 9:41pm by cdr »  

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 8:35am
Print Post  
cdr wrote on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 9:40pm:
Actually MajMal, Feather, etc (whoever the dev was that admitted to breaking Abbot tiles) have done a decent job of communicating while they've been around.

FoS is hilarious. Turbine needs to hire more masters of snark like him.  Not a fan of MajorMal. He came to the forums all full of himself saying how things have really turned around with QA, yet there were how many crippling bugs introduced last year?  For fucks sake, items they introduced with challenges in September just got fixed after 6 months, after multiple attempts to fix them.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint