Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Legacy Vault (Read 4450 times)
Evangelier
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Legacy Vault
Apr 4th, 2012 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
As referenced.

Obviously this is just one player's dream concept, but I think the idea has some merit.  Thoughts?

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Re: Legacy Vault
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2012 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
I'd be interested to get a couple pieces of raid loot off my fighter and onto my 'main' for TR'ing purposes.  It def has merit and I'd def pay TP to do it.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Apr 4th, 2012 at 6:29pm:
I'd be interested to get a couple pieces of raid loot off my fighter and onto my 'main' for TR'ing purposes.  It def has merit and I'd def pay TP to do it.

It makes too much sense so Turbine will never implement it.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Love the idea.  Smiley

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Ivywine-
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Apr 8th, 2012 at 1:07pm:
It makes too much sense so Turbine will never implement it.

Bingo, we have a winner.
No way in hell Turbine would implement something like this, unless maybe they found a way to overcharge for it.

IP Logged

PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Reply #5 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Bingo, we have a winner.
No way in hell Turbine would implement something like this, unless maybe they found a way to overcharge for it.

I think that's exactly why they might consider it.  I like the idea and the limited form it's described in by the poster.  I certainly would consider spending some TP for such a thing.

Tarrant can suck my boobies.  On second thought, they are far too soft and supple for the likes of him.  Tarrant, you can GFY while having hopeless pathetic dreams of my boobies.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
PlaidPooka wrote on Apr 8th, 2012 at 4:23pm:
I think that's exactly why they might consider it.  I like the idea and the limited form it's described in by the poster.  I certainly would consider spending some TP for such a thing.

Turbine would have to play their own game to understand why this is a cool idea.  20th raid lists are a blessing, but mostly involve lost of cursing when the one god damn item you want isn't on it.. but you have 3 of them on another toon that has no need for it.  My evoker FvS and PM Wizard both have Shintao rings...

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #7 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Apr 9th, 2012 at 4:58pm:
Turbine would have to play their own game to understand why this is a cool idea.  20th raid lists are a blessing, but mostly involve lost of cursing when the one god damn item you want isn't on it.. but you have 3 of them on another toon that has no need for it.  My evoker FvS and PM Wizard both have Shintao rings...

the only downside is that some items that would otherwise get put up for roll would get hoarded instead as people think they may someday make another X that could use said item.... and before we devolve into l00t arguing - I am just mentioning it because it would happen, neither agree nor disagree with the premise.

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
JakLee wrote on Apr 9th, 2012 at 5:05pm:
the only downside is that some items that would otherwise get put up for roll would get hoarded instead as people think they may someday make another X that could use said item..

You mean like +3 and +4 tomes?  We're already there.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
JakLee wrote on Apr 9th, 2012 at 5:05pm:
the only downside is that some items that would otherwise get put up for roll would get hoarded instead as people think they may someday make another X that could use said item.... and before we devolve into l00t arguing - I am just mentioning it because it would happen, neither agree nor disagree with the premise.

People had the same DOOOOOOOOoooMMMMM argument when they released TR.  "I won't get to roll on anything because people are gonna take loot in case they TR!!"  I see multiple pieces of loot being put up for roll in every raid I run, so it didn't happen before and it won't happen now.  There are lots of casual players who wouldn't think it's worth it to TR to move over one piece of loot or only have one character to begin with.
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2012 at 1:05pm by »  

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Sure, people will hold stuff like a Torc...once or twice. But then all their toons that need it have it. The flip side of that is that instead of running for raid loot over and over, they can move the damned thing to the right toon and then have more freedom to put stuff up for roll after. It evens out.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
It'll also leave people running raids with characters on which they might not need an item. More class diversity for raids like Abbot is always nice. I'd definitely get around to running it on my Paladin if I knew I could pass a litany or Petitioner's when I TR. Without this, I'm probably not going to do Abbot at all on my melees.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Honestly if they do allow items like the torc, greensteel, etc to become more 'things you wear leveling a TR' than 'things you wear at cap' I'd be in favor of them just switching those items to BTA.  Basically as a nod to power creep where those items are no longer the upper echelon.  That's of course assuming that the expansion does bump down previous raid loot a notch.

IP Logged

Evangelier
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 at 9:25am:
That's of course assuming that the expansion does bump down previous raid loot a notch.

Careful how you phrase that.
While we might think of that as "the new stuff will be totally awesome", Turbine has shown that they're not unwilling to go the "ok, nerfing [Raid]'s loot in new and creative ways" route.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Evangelier wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 at 12:33pm:
Careful how you phrase that.
While we might think of that as "the new stuff will be totally awesome", Turbine has shown that they're not unwilling to go the "ok, nerfing [Raid]'s loot in new and creative ways" route.

He he...excellent point.  How about, 'raising the bar on loot with the expansion'? Smiley

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It'll also leave people running raids with characters on which they might not need an item. More class diversity for raids like Abbot is always nice. I'd definitely get around to running it on my Paladin if I knew I could pass a litany or Petitioner's when I TR. Without this, I'm probably not going to do Abbot at all on my melees.

It makes my labia tingle when you're not a dumbass.

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #16 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Mama's just worried the Legacy Vault will get confused with the all holding Cavern as chaos and confusion would rule the day!

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 at 5:29pm:
Mama's just worried the Legacy Vault will get confused with the all holding Cavern as chaos and confusion would rule the day!

A Cavern with 36 build points would be a scary thing, my friend.

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I live to serve.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #19 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:
A Cavern with 36 build points would be a scary thing, my friend.

Newsfeed!

That said, this is a cool idea that will never happen.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint