Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) MOTU Preview (Read 9638 times)
Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Re: MOTU Preview
Reply #25 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Oh they may say random spawns, but what 'll be getting is a school of bipedal fish walking around ejaculating everywhere and scaring the children.

"We must make haste, the Sahuagin are coming!"

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #26 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
I was at PAX on Saturday shoulder surfing the DEMO's they were giving to the media and in a break between interviews I had a 20 minute conversation/personal demo from Fernado and Glin.  They were both very nice and gracious and I learned a few things.

Aeolwind wrote on Apr 5th, 2012 at 5:26pm:
Lookin slick.  I'm hoping the beta opens soon.

They are targeting Alpha by Friday and Beta about two weeks out from there.  The elemental forms for Druids are having some issues that they need to nail down.

As for looks they have added a bunch of overhauls to the engine to tie in DX11 shaders and etc and you can really see it in FR.  It's cleaner and crisper; little things like the grass moving as you pass through it.  They designed all new trees and foliage to make FR look and feel completely different than Ebberon.  It really does look and feel like a different game never mind a different plane.

The explorer areas seem enormous.  There are quests that you stumble on like the bosses in current areas bit they seem to have changes the behavior to act more like optionals...  for example at one point we wandered into a Purple Dragon Knight being held captive and a message popped up saying we could try and save him.  There was also a CR 27 Green Dragon that looked like a hell of a fight.

A few other interesting notes...

1) MadFloyd revamp of enhancements may or may not make the expansion.  If it doesn't it will be in the August update.
2) All Pre's will be complete by August as part of the Enhancement pass.  This was straight from Fernado's mouth.  They plan on having them done as part of the enhancement pass which is why this may slip to August.
3) I saw 4 druid forms, wolf, winter wolf, fire elemental, and water elemental.  They have their own special attacks.

...if I remember anything else I'll throw it in here.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #27 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Do you know if the attacks from different forms will be triggered by the same hotbar commands, a la monk finishers triggering from the same icon?

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #28 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 12:58pm:
The explorer areas seem enormous.  There are quests that you stumble on like the bosses in current areas bit they seem to have changes the behavior to act more like optionals...  for example at one point we wandered into a Purple Dragon Knight being held captive and a message popped up saying we could try and save him.  There was also a CR 27 Green Dragon that looked like a hell of a fight.

I like the sounds of that.  It seems like they're working on a more dynamic environment that feels more "alive" than what we have now.

Quote:
2) All Pre's will be complete by August as part of the Enhancement pass.  This was straight from Fernado's mouth.  They plan on having them done as part of the enhancement pass which is why this may slip to August.

Now that would be impressive.  Assuming the enhancement pass doesn't suck, of course.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #29 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 1:07pm:
Do you know if the attacks from different forms will be triggered by the same hotbar commands, a la monk finishers triggering from the same icon?

Not sure... the icons were all question marks because the graphics hadn't been added and I wasn't paying attention to clicks and keystrokes.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 1:22pm:
I like the sounds of that.  It seems like they're working on a more dynamic environment that feels more "alive" than what we have now.

Now that would be impressive.  Assuming the enhancement pass doesn't suck, of course.

based on the DDOCast interview Fernando is stating that the new outdoor environments will be more seamless like other mmos although still instanced.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #31 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
based on the DDOCast interview http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png is stating that the new outdoor environments will be more seamless like other mmos although still instanced.

Cool.  That's the one thing I missed coming from another MMO to DDO, was the sense of immersion that a sprawling outdoor environment provides.  I know many people don't like that, but the DDO explorer areas seem static and stale to me.  Combined with the random spawns and what sounds like minor random quests (which hopefully are not like collection quests - ugh), this could be a way to make everything new again.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #32 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 3:52am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 1:47pm:
Not sure... the icons were all question marks because the graphics hadn't been added and I wasn't paying attention to clicks and keystrokes.

At a guess I'd say probably...

Right now if you put the actions available to your pets in hotbar, the icons changes when you change your pet ( and the actions linked to these icons change accordingly ).
So the tech is here it's just a matter of implementation.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Apr 9th, 2012 at 5:38pm:
Epic levels have no effect on TRing.  The earliest you will be able to TR is level 20.  This was already stated.

It's more about TRing having an effect on epic levels.  If I have a level 20 toon with 5 epic levels and TR, what happens to the epic levels when I reach level 20 again?  Do they remain (like Cannith crafting levels) or do I have to grind from 21-25 again?

If Turbine devs actually TR'd characters instead of using godmode commands, they would have answered this already.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 12:58pm:
The elemental forms for Druids are having some issues that they need to nail down.

Gomer Pyle says "Surprise, surprise, surprise."

Quote:
As for looks they have added a bunch of overhauls to the engine to tie in DX11 shaders and etc and you can really see it in FR.  It's cleaner and crisper; little things like the grass moving as you pass through it.  They designed all new trees and foliage to make FR look and feel completely different than Ebberon. 

I'm happy to see Turbine has their priorities in the right place.  Instead of fixing soul crushing lag, they make wavy grass. 

Quote:
MadFloyd revamp of enhancements may or may not make the expansion.  If it doesn't it will be in the August update.

I hope the playerbase riots with this delay, but I lowered my expectations a long time ago.  How many god damned years do players have to wait for something to become 100% complete in this game?  For fucks sake, finish what you started Turbine.  DDO devs and management have the worst case of ADHD I've ever seen.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #35 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 11:18am:
It's more about TRing having an effect on epic levels.  If I have a level 20 toon with 5 epic levels and TR, what happens to the epic levels when I reach level 20 again?  Do they remain (like Cannith crafting levels) or do I have to grind from 21-25 again?

If Turbine devs actually TR'd characters instead of using godmode commands, they would have answered this already.

I must have missed where they said epic levels would be any different then normal levels.  Level 21-25 are epic, why would the level process be different? In short, yes you would lose them unless you can point out where the devs said they would be any different then the first 20 levels.  Which I could have missed.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 12:15pm:
I must have missed where they said epic levels would be any different then normal levels.  Level 21-25 are epic, why would the level process be different? In short, yes you would lose them unless you can point out where the devs said they would be any different then the first 20 levels.  Which I could have missed.

Not quite. You missed the probability that even if they are considered "different" than normal levels, that could just mean the only way to level up is through XP gained in epic difficulty quests (so you can't get to 25 playing easy mode challenges or anything silly like that).

So, you should have said "You should assume you'll lose them unless you can point out where the devs said you won't lose them when you TR."

Wink

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #37 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Siver wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 4:20pm:
So, you should have said "You should assume you'll lose them unless you can point out where the devs said you won't lose them when you TR."

Wink

This was kinda where I was getting.  I like self discoveries, it worked for you.  I have faith carp will get it as well.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Doesn't matter what I assume.  It's all about what the summer interns coded.

21-25 will be somewhat different.  Tomes of learning don't provide a bonus once you hit level 20.  That could be nothing more than Turbine selling a different subset of XP buffs in the DDO Store specific to epic leveling.

If you have to regrind 21-25 every time you TR, that's going to dissuade people from TRing.  Just a guess, but hearts of wood have got to be a solid money maker for Turbine. You don't want to jeopardize that unless you've got a better money maker you're replacing it with.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint