Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Quick question for playing in windowed mode (Read 3791 times)
Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Quick question for playing in windowed mode
Apr 7th, 2012 at 6:02am
Print Post  
Is there any sensible way to resize the hotbars so they don't all squish together? and overlap each other? Is there a skin that does that or anything?

I'd like to be able to play in windowed mode sometimes (e.g. soloing a quest while talking to hubby on Skype) but the way the hotbars overlap rather than resize makes it somewhat difficult. I can't see anything in the UI to tick. Any advice?

IP Logged

Blank
Ex Member

Re: Quick question for playing in windowed mode
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 6:21am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Apr 7th, 2012 at 6:02am:
Is there any sensible way to resize the hotbars so they don't all squish together? and overlap each other? Is there a skin that does that or anything?

I'd like to be able to play in windowed mode sometimes (e.g. soloing a quest while talking to hubby on Skype) but the way the hotbars overlap rather than resize makes it somewhat difficult. I can't see anything in the UI to tick. Any advice?

Blackbird UI skin is nice.

So is resizing your resolution, and/or always playing windowed.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 10:33am
Print Post  
I always play windowed - but I have two monitors and only play DDO on one. Other one is for ddowiki, cubicleninja, forums, etc.

There's nothing you can do about the hotbars other than always play windowed.

IP Logged

Uhgungawa
King of the Vault

Life sucks, but she won't

Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 10:43am
Print Post  
get a bigger monitor

When I think about me, I touch myself . Psst. Canada Sucks                

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 10:44am
Print Post  
I swap between windowed/full all the time, and my bars only drift a teeny tiny bit up and to the left.  It's so little that I only need to reset them about twice a month, and it certainly isn't so much that it affects gameplay if I don't do it.
Do you have the windowed and full screen resolutions set the same, or did you miss that one?
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2012 at 10:47am by Cale »  

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #5 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Apr 7th, 2012 at 10:44am:
I swap between windowed/full all the time, and my bars only drift a teeny tiny bit up and to the left.  It's so little that I only need to reset them about twice a month, and it certainly isn't so much that it affects gameplay if I don't do it.
Do you have the windowed and full screen resolutions set the same, or did you miss that one?

So, your computer dresses left?  But she's a girl... Wink

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #6 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
ive always used fade2black epic

has the thinnest hotbars. better for moving them together. less likely to overlap...blackbird is fancy looking but still covers too much screen for my tastes.

see. thin bars. i prefer it a bit over blackbird although if youre using the default UI skin everything will seem better lol

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #7 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Apr 7th, 2012 at 10:44am:

I R windowing noob. I think I might be missing this one. So. You go to the windowed mode at the screen real estate you want, and set it to the same as your non windowed mode?

(I don't think it's a screen real estate issue, this screen can do 2k by 1k appx)

IP Logged

NotMyDDOName
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
When I switch between windowed and full screen my bars all stay grouped in the lower right-hand corner.  I don't recall ever doing anything to make that happen except starting in full screen mode with them there.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #9 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 2:02am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Apr 7th, 2012 at 5:58pm:
I R windowing noob. I think I might be missing this one. So. You go to the windowed mode at the screen real estate you want, and set it to the same as your non windowed mode?

(I don't think it's a screen real estate issue, this screen can do 2k by 1k appx)

Under Options, where you choose your game resolution, there's another option for windowed resolution directly below the first.  They both start as 800x600 or something ridiculously small like that.  I'm sure you changed it.  But did you also change the other one?
Make sure they match up.  That should solve the vast majority of your problems.
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2012 at 2:03am by Cale »  

IP Logged

Nevynn
Horoluth Raider

Badgertastic!!

Reply #10 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Apr 8th, 2012 at 2:02am:
Make sure they match up.

Check the Windowed resolution occasionally.  If you ever drag the window edges, it will switch to "Custom", and can mess with your UI setup.

WWWGTalk  
IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #11 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Nevynn wrote on Apr 8th, 2012 at 9:14pm:
Check the Windowed resolution occasionally.  If you ever drag the window edges, it will switch to "Custom", and can mess with your UI setup.

Yeah, this is what I'd done, so I could see Skype and MSN as well - I've done a bit of toolbar fettling so the windowed mode is tidy - it's not too badly spread out when this is rejigged to full screen.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint