Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Auto-grouping (Read 9233 times)
popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Auto-grouping
Apr 7th, 2012 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Apparently, there are previews of DDO's expansion at PAX East.

There's a thread about one of the features on the main forums already.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=368465

Anyone know anything about auto-grouping, whatever the hell that is?  Apparently LotRO has it according to that thread from the other forums.

fnord

IP Logged

pissedoffonArgo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Auto-grouping
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
Lets hope Fernando actually asked and confirmed with the devs this time around. Unlike the paralyzing fiasco. that guy talks through his ass.

Will believe it when i see it.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 1:04am
Print Post  
I don't know how LotRO's works, but guildies who have lifetime subs there prefer DDO's LFM panel by far.

If they're adding more options, fine, as long as they don't screw up what we've got.

Why am I even trying to delude myself into believing that this won't be a massive clusterfuck? Enjoy the current LFM panel while it lasts.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 1:27am
Print Post  
*shrug*

That's the obvious reaction to the complains that PUGs are dead.

Instead of trying to understand why some of the changes in the last few updates killed the Pugs and gatting rid of those changes ( or at least finding a way to keep them that doesn't impact pugs ), they go the other way.

PUGs are dead ? no problem : we will force them to pug.

Now I can't wait to see raids changed to daily/weekly/<put relevant timeframe> stuff that WILL HAVE TO BE PUGGED NO MATTER IF WE ARE 12 IN A PARTY ALREADY. That will be the death of everything endgame. ( and the end of it for a lot of people )

I think some marketdroid wants us to do things the way they are done in mainstream MMO, said marketdroid should be made aware that DDO is NOT a fucking mainstram MMO.
( between that and the new enhancement tree, it's really the way I see it going, and if they follow that slippery slope one day they are going to remove the active combat system... because the losers playing mainstream games can't cope with it. )

DDO is what it is because it is so different of mainstream MMOs, and people play it because they prefer it to the other games...
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2012 at 1:29am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 4:44am
Print Post  
LoL could always leave group if you are forced to auto-group. I'm sure they will make it optional

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #5 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 5:07am
Print Post  
If its what they have in LOTRO, its pretty similar to the WOW 'Looking for Dungeon' queue.

You choose an instance and go into the queue, the game then pairs you up with other people based on what they can do, tank/heal/dps etc.

For the most part people are crying over nothing, I'm pretty sure its an optional feature that you do not have to use, have a guild group already? Off you go. Need one more person? Stick up an LFM or just chuck yourself into the Instance Finder as a group and get a random person.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 5:51am
Print Post  
I'm already imagining the influx of even more: What are we doing? Where do I go, Share Please.

IP Logged

ZeroBoost
Titan Demolisher

res ipsa loquitur

Reply #7 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 6:44am
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Apr 8th, 2012 at 5:51am:
I'm already imagining the influx of even more: What are we doing? Where do I go, Share Please.

If it's anything like the system used in WoW, I would think it would get rid of that by porting you directly into the dungeon.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 7:07am
Print Post  
ZeroBoost wrote on Apr 8th, 2012 at 6:44am:
If it's anything like the system used in WoW, I would think it would get rid of that by porting you directly into the dungeon.

I doubt they would make it like that. There would be too many complaints from the people who always want ship buffs and have to re-run that extra few feet after they request them from the party.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Auran wrote on Apr 8th, 2012 at 5:07am:
For the most part people are crying over nothing, I'm pretty sure its an optional feature that you do not have to use, have a guild group already? Off you go. Need one more person? Stick up an LFM or just chuck yourself into the Instance Finder as a group and get a random person.

Your faith in Turbine's ability to not break an existing system when introducing something new is touching. Truly touching.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #10 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 9:44am
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Apr 8th, 2012 at 7:07am:
I doubt they would make it like that. There would be too many complaints from the people who always want ship buffs and have to re-run that extra few feet after they request them from the party.

LOTROs system works like that and besides, are you going to pilot your guilds airship through the demonweb?

tbh, I am wondering how they are going to handle ship buffs in the post 20 content.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Auran wrote on Apr 8th, 2012 at 5:07am:
If its what they have in LOTRO, its pretty similar to the WOW 'Looking for Dungeon' queue.

This is step 1 in cross-server groups/raids.  With Turbine's track record, the initial five releases won't work.
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2012 at 12:27pm by Carpone »  

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #12 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Happy news from Phax.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4398592#post4398592
Quote:
These new grouping options will be in addition to the existing DDO grouping mechanics/LFM.

If you don't want to use the new system, there is no requirement to do so, and no bonuses attached to it.

It's a solution that is very DDO specific and integrated into the way DDO party/LFM mechanics already work.

I'll talk with Glin about getting more info about the system to you guys soon. I just want to tamper the Doo0000m!!! .

It's not often that I cheer for a new bonus *not* being added, but in this case, I'm quite happy about this news.
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2012 at 2:51pm by popejubal »  

fnord

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #13 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
At this point I think the Turbine staff uses to deliver a bunch of really, really bad talking points.  That way, when we see the finished product we think “Well, at least it's not that abomination the ‘the nando’ talked about in that interview.”
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2012 at 3:27pm by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Reply #14 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Apr 8th, 2012 at 2:50pm:
Happy news from Phax.

It's not often that I cheer for a new bonus *not* being added, but in this case, I'm quite happy about this news.

That doesn't sound so bad.  Might be useful for lower level content, at least, for those in a very tiny guild like myself.  Let's just hope they don't break the LFM too badly when they integrate it. 
Although it still sounds a bit scary.  I had someone asking to join our guild last night.  6 level toon, 4 pally/2 ranger, and for some reason he was wearing gloves of performing.  Honestly, we tend to accept anyone who clicks on pugs, but I don't think he'll be getting an invite to the guild any time soon.

Tarrant can suck my boobies.  On second thought, they are far too soft and supple for the likes of him.  Tarrant, you can GFY while having hopeless pathetic dreams of my boobies.

IP Logged

Deeds
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
dooOOmm adverted!

Also, penis.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #16 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 3:38am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Apr 8th, 2012 at 2:50pm:
Happy news from Phax.

Yeah he was probably told to step in and give a few nails to chew one because everybody was basing things on how it's done in That Other Game and the revulsion factor was raising to level way above the one reached by the Party UI Change a few updates ago.

As long as it's something new that can be avoided. *shrug*
It's probably done to help the influx of new players from other games group... especially as we are a bit restrictive in our pug selection and a PnP newbie that doesn't have a clue will have low HP, no Fort and ... no clue.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

cdr
Horoluth Raider

sleetstormer

Reply #17 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Another way to zerg and grief flower-sniffing puggers? Doesn't sound so bad.

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 11:03am
Print Post  
pissedoffonArgo wrote on Apr 7th, 2012 at 11:58pm:
Lets hope http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png actually asked and confirmed with the devs this time around. Unlike the paralyzing fiasco. that guy talks through his ass.

Will believe it when i see it.   

The biggest problem with F is not that he doesn't know what he is talking about, its that we hear from  him so infrequently that info that was accurate at the time changes and then he is not  there to update us, so we look back and it appears that he was clueless because the end result was not what he talked about.
My guess is he knows more about the game than we think he does, but his long periods of no communication make him seem out of touch with his own game from the player perspective.
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2012 at 11:04am by »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #19 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Really this is a boon to established players: all the shitty new people will be grouping with other shitty new people.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
PlaidPooka wrote on Apr 8th, 2012 at 4:11pm:
6 level toon, 4 pally/2 ranger, and for some reason he was wearing gloves of performing.

What do you have against the gays?

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Apr 9th, 2012 at 5:46pm:
What do you have against the gays?

Everyone knows that Gloves of Performing give a +2 psionic bonus to sparkle fingers.

IP Logged

PlaidPooka
DQ Assaulter

Fuckity-fuck-fuck

Reply #22 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 3:04am
Print Post  
Quote:
Everyone knows that Gloves of Performing give a +2 psionic bonus to sparkle fingers.

Not to mention Jazz hands!

Tarrant can suck my boobies.  On second thought, they are far too soft and supple for the likes of him.  Tarrant, you can GFY while having hopeless pathetic dreams of my boobies.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #23 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 3:20am
Print Post  
Bitching and moaning about others is about all that's keeping me playing lately. Bring on the random grouping!

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #24 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 3:52am
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 at 3:20am:
Bitching and moaning about others is about all that's keeping me playing lately. Bring on the random grouping!

This is the only way to play.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint