Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Guild Wars 2 Pre-purchase begins. (Read 1279 times)
Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-purchase begins.
Reply #25 - Apr 30th, 2012 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
Yep beta weekend was amazing very few bugs ... I think i found like 3 ... 2 skill events that wouldnt start and then one engineer turret that wouldnt recharge on being destroyed.. Other then that the game ran wonderfully on high settings even in events with 50 people and much more enemies.

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Apr 30th, 2012 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Condom Forest, roffle.

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #27 - Apr 30th, 2012 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Condom Forest, roffle.

That was funny

Quote:
Breaken's just a weird asshole, divorcced and pathetically marvelling at talk of sex.  That guy is fucked IMHO. People I really don't like here list is small.  Not that you or anyone should care, but for me it is Calvet, because he's stupid in a bitchy drama way, and Breaken, but he is a liar and a blunt, inelegant angry guy

IP Logged

Mithran
Baghdad Bob

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - May 8th, 2012 at 11:20am
Print Post  
I played in the original GW Open Weekends when it was new and couldn't find a group team-oriented enough to get past the first encounter.

The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #29 - May 8th, 2012 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Mithran wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 11:20am:
I played in the original GW Open Weekends when it was new and couldn't find a group team-oriented enough to get past the first encounter.

Really that was not the same for us. Everyone was extremely helpfull, People were rezzing gawna every time she died  Grin

Quote:

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #30 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
So I never noticed this thread before now.

JDollar wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 7:48pm:
I dont really see how they can make guild wars 2 any more fun than gw1

It's so much better that you wouldn't even believe it.

TWDiggs wrote on Apr 11th, 2012 at 1:43am:
Not enough action and never really felt like my char was any real chance of danger.

Not an issue anymore.  The game is not only much much tougher, but it's innovative in that it virtually de-levels you to an appropriate level when you enter an lower level area, so no matter where you go, you're being challenged.  I felt the same way about GW, but this is a COMPLETELY different game, and I'm loving it so far.
I simply can not wait for release.

Quote:
I really loved it!  Played a Charr warrior mainly while playing with Breaken and really enjoyed the combat and storyline.  There were about a berzillion people online and I had lag twice during the whole weekend and they were only for a minute or two.  The maps and explorer zones are amazingly well done and I loved the little event quests that you found along the way.  I will definitely be participating in the remaining betas that they have prior to launch.

I concur with all of the above.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #31 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
With regards to the de-leveling, simply put, it's fucking awesome.
Do you really like a certain area, but you leveled past it before it was complete?  Not a problem.  You can finish it any time you like.  It will still be fun and somewhat challenging when you're capped.  Hell, even the other starter areas can be explored if you want, without worrying about being over level.
Do you have a friend that doesn't play as much, or have a guildy that you want to run with?  Not a problem.  You can still play with them if you're capped, no matter their level.
Your attributes and HP are lowered to a level appropriate place when you enter an area beneath you, but your gear and traits remain, so while it will still be challenging to you  it will also be a little easier than it would have been at level.  Just not by that much.
Do you like roflstomping shit?  Too fucking bad.  Log into DDO instead.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #32 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Jun 1st, 2012 at 10:38pm:
With regards to the de-leveling, simply put, it's fucking awesome.
Do you really like a certain area, but you leveled past it before it was complete?  Not a problem.  You can finish it any time you like.  It will still be fun and somewhat challenging when you're capped.  Hell, even the other starter areas can be explored if you want, without worrying about being over level.
Do you have a friend that doesn't play as much, or have a guildy that you want to run with?  Not a problem.  You can still play with them if you're capped, no matter their level.
Your attributes and HP are lowered to a level appropriate place when you enter an area beneath you, but your gear and traits remain, so while it will still be challenging to you  it will also be a little easier than it would have been at level.  Just not by that much.
Do you like roflstomping shit?  Too fucking bad.  Log into DDO instead.

That actually sounds like a cool feature!

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #33 - Jun 1st, 2012 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
rev Jim wrote on Jun 1st, 2012 at 10:46pm:
That actually sounds like a cool feature!

It really is.  It's a simple, yet elegant solution to many problems that plague MMOs.
Play with your friends without worrying about level differential, and lower level content never becomes obsolete.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #34 - Jun 2nd, 2012 at 9:31am
Print Post  
After watching a vid from the media's closed beta, before the pre-purchase began, I was immediately interested.  That vid was what caused me to pre-purchase the game and get to spend time in the beta weekend.  I couldn't find that vid again, but while looking for it I did find another vid which basically sums up all of my feelings on the game so far.

Note that the narrator states that he played a Rogue almost exclusively, but the vid doesn't have a Rogue in it.  The vid is from his staff's footage apparently.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #35 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
I might, I have hopes this will satisfy some of my old DAOC pvp cravings. If not, then meh.

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Next Beta Weekend is this weekend!  Woooo!

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #37 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Cripey wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 3:47pm:
I might, I have hopes this will satisfy some of my old DAOC pvp cravings. If not, then meh.

Yes, it should. Structured 5-on-5 PvP, and WvWvW (server vs server vs server).
I've never been a fan of PvP in MMOs, but I had a fucking blasty blast doing it last BWE.
Entering 5x5 raises you to max level, opens all of your skills, gives you some skill points to spend on traits, and equips you with standardized gear.  So it really does come down to player skill, and the kid in Mom's basement who plays 90 hours a week has zero advantage because of grinding out gear.
WvWvW levels you to max, and that's it.  So skills, traits and gear are relevant (and someone who is actually capped will have an advantage over a level 5 guy pretending to be level 80), but the battles are so fucking massive that the difference will be minimal and no one will even notice the difference in the big picture.

Quote:
Next Beta Weekend is this weekend!  Woooo!

Yep.  I already have plans to veg on the recliner from the moment I get home from work Friday until midnight Sunday.
What server are you guys on?

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #38 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Damn I wish the Modify button wasn't missing!  Grrrr!

Addendum to the Gawna response:
I played around with Ele, Rogue, and Necro last time.  This time I'm going to try Guardian, Mesmer, or both.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
We're on Deldrimor!  I have to work for a bit on Saturday, but will def be around Friday night and Sunday!  Probably starting late afternoon on Saturday depending on how fucked our inventory situation is.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #40 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:
We're on Deldrimor!  I have to work for a bit on Saturday, but will def be around Friday night and Sunday!  Probably starting late afternoon on Saturday depending on how fucked our inventory situation is.

The part will be there tomorrow!  or maybe it's still in Holland?  Either way I'm taking lunch.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Jun 6th, 2012 at 4:16pm:
The part will be there tomorrow!  or maybe it's still in Holland?  Either way I'm taking lunch.

OMFG DAWN.  This was our most recent exchange from this morning:
Me:  Can you give me a date for when this image intensifier will be shipping from your factory?  I need to let our customer know an ETA and you said you would know by this morning.
Dawn:  I heard back from the factory.  They should be able to ship one unit out next week.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN?!  Should be?  When next week?  Like Monday?  (#*&$)@#($*@#)*@$&)#(*$@_)#

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #42 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Then she leaned in to the next cube and said, "I'm wicked facking with this biach Jessica.  She's totally pissed."

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #43 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 6:10pm
Print Post  

Quote:

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #44 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Perfect!  That's where I am too.
Like I said, I'll be rolling a new toon to try it/them out. Account name Calebrus.  Should I be looking for Gawna or something else?

IP Logged

Breaken
Horoluth Raider

Go^Yourself

Reply #45 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
We will all be on deldrimor, We should have a condom forrest redux ... that place needs another go through....

Best quote from last beta weekend...

Breaken- Hey i found one of the secret jump/trap puzzles
Mairenne- Awesome ill be right there!
Gawna- Im going afk text me when your done with the mario shit!

Grin

Quote:

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #46 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:06pm:
Damn I wish the Modify button wasn't missing!  Grrrr!

On the forum index page, look for the button at the top that says "Update Session."  Click it, enter your password, and you'll be able to modify posts again.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Jun 6th, 2012 at 7:49pm:
Perfect!  That's where I am too.
Like I said, I'll be rolling a new toon to try it/them out. Account name Calebrus.  Should I be looking for Gawna or something else?

Yes!  I am Gawna.  I think Breaken is Breaken.  We are consistent.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #48 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yes!  I am Gawna.  I think Breaken is Breaken.  We are consistent.

OMG!

Are you in Larka and Fracking's guild? Please say yes.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Jun 8th, 2012 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Jun 8th, 2012 at 12:52pm:
OMG!

Are you in Larka and Fracking's guild? Please say yes.

I asked Breaken where their names were in the guild member list!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint